PDA

View Full Version : The wedding of Will & Kate

Marigold2
02-28-2011, 10:05 PM
My mailbox was knocked down for several days so I thought maybe my invite was late, but alas no invite for me.
Is anyone else excited? I find it so incredibly lovely that he gave Kate Diana's ring. And I believe these two are a good match and will be happy together doing a most difficult and highly public job and life.
I wanted to go back to England this May again with my daughter but our plans have changed an now with the wedding it will be impossible to get rooms around that time.
I wish I would have booked them way way back but on the other hand it would have been very crowded and very expensive.
Is anyone going to be in London at that time?

wombat2u2004
03-01-2011, 06:37 AM
Chloe and Jenna will be.

Freedom
03-01-2011, 06:41 AM
Will watch it all on TV. Funny, we are so excited about this, yet according to the press, the folks over there are more laid back about it all, lol.

momcat
03-01-2011, 07:52 AM
I can't honestly say I care one way or the other about it and have no intention (or desire) to watch any of it on tv. As for her dress, enough already!

happylabs
03-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Meh...not that interested.

pomtzu
03-01-2011, 12:50 PM
I'll probably watch some of it on t.v., since that will probably be the only thing to watch that day anyway! I really don't care much that I didn't get an invitation tho...:rolleyes: However, I'm REALLY very surprised that Sarah -Dutchess of "Pork", did NOT receive one - yet her daughters did??? Supposedly she is "nothing" since the divorce and just doesn't rate one. Yet the Beckam's do??? In spite of some of Fergies escapades and poor choices that she made over the years, she was a breath of fresh air in that stale and stuffy family. I really like her! :D

Karen
03-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Meh...not that interested.

Me either. Wish 'em well, and all that, but don't really care about it, a whole lotta hoopla taking up news space that could be put to better use.

catnapper
03-01-2011, 01:47 PM
I don't care at all. I only care that she's wearing sapphires, which is making my favorite stone popular again. I have a ring that looks exactly like hers (only much smaller) so I get compliments on it, which I haven't gotten in 15 years.

kuhio98
03-01-2011, 02:00 PM
I'll probably watch some of it on t.v., since that will probably be the only thing to watch that day anyway! I really don't care much that I didn't get an invitation tho...:rolleyes: However, I'm REALLY very surprised that Sarah -Dutchess of "Pork", did NOT receive one - yet her daughters did??? Supposedly she is "nothing" since the divorce and just doesn't rate one. Yet the Beckam's do??? In spite of some of Fergies escapades and poor choices that she made over the years, she was a breath of fresh air in that stale and stuffy family. I really like her! :D

I feel the same way. Not inviting Sarah is pretty mean spirited.
I imagine that if Diana were still alive, they would have to invite her but would seat her waaaaaaaaaaay in the back just to let her know she is not important. :rolleyes:

Marigold2
03-01-2011, 02:12 PM
I love everything English and that includes the Royals. As Americans watch Snookie and Charlie Sheen, Lady Gaga and whomever I adore the Royals. They are usually intelligent, educated, well bred and do a lot of charity work, can't really say that about some of the above.
I am about the same age as Diana and remember watching her wedding with tears. A fairy tale for someone who watched Cinderella growing up and believing at that time in dreams coming true for this beautiful young bride.
I felt her heartache in a marriage turn sour, an unloving and uncaring husband who cheated a cold mother in law and all the expections of the world on her shoulder. No wonder she cracked. I also saw a young mother who loved her boys more then life itself and tried, fought and overcame hundreds of years of protocol in raising them in a modern world to be good, caring and charitable to the common man this is to her credit.
Both boys have really stood up and done lots of hard work to help those in need, they are their mother's sons and she would be proud.
Now William has picked a fine young women and I am excited to see the next chapter of this saga continue. I am hoping that Kate will be genorous of her time as Diana was in helping others and in showing the world that kindness and understanding of others especially those that are ill and unable to take care of themselves is what is important to this world.

Not inviting Sarah is mean, she is after all the Princess's mum and family always.

Taz_Zoee
03-01-2011, 06:01 PM
You better get used to calling her Katherine. Once they are married she will no longer be Kate. I saw a special (well, didn't really SEE it but listened to it as I did things around the house) about them.
I think the reason people over there are so laid back about it is because its not THAT big of a deal to them. It's sorta like Chelsea Clinton getting married. Eh, who cares? Of course it will be beautiful and extravagant. But I won't be watching.
Oh, and for the record.....I could care less about Charlie Sheen (I'm so sick of hearing about him), Lady Gaga (can't stand her!!) and Snookie (never watch that show). :p

Karen
03-01-2011, 06:26 PM
I wanted to go back to England this May again with my daughter but our plans have changed an now with the wedding it will be impossible to get rooms around that time.

I meant to mention - July and August are actual a better time to visit England, anyway - you can tour much more of the royal properties - they are open for visits then. both portions of Buckingham Palace and others in London itself. And while it is "hot" for Brits, they seem to wilt at 80 degrees, which of course is perfectly nice as far as most Americans are concerned!

kuhio98
03-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Does anyone know if Diana's family is invited?

Seems I heard that her brother recently remarried. But, I don't remember anything about whether Diana's brother or sisters were on the guest list.

wombat2u2004
03-01-2011, 08:26 PM

Seems I heard that her brother recently remarried. But, I don't remember anything about whether Diana's brother or sisters were on the guest list.

Who knows. Family politics run hot thru that family.

wombat2u2004
03-01-2011, 09:05 PM
They are usually well bred

Errrrrrr......sorry....their personal lives throw that one out of the window.

happylabs
03-02-2011, 05:41 AM

Since I didn't get an invitation I doubt they will tell me who is on the guest list. :D

carole
03-04-2011, 04:00 AM
Marigold, i too will watch it with interest, being part of the Bristish commonwealth, it is my duty to watch it lol, but seriously i personally like weddings of any kind, and will enjoy it.

I think they make an adorable couple, i just hope it works for them, so much pressure.

wombat2u2004
03-04-2011, 05:29 AM
Since I didn't get an invitation I doubt they will tell me who is on the guest list. :D

There ya go Helen.......

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/royalweddinginvitedirt_1.jpg

wombat2u2004
03-04-2011, 05:31 AM
My mailbox was knocked down for several days so I thought maybe my invite was late, but alas no invite for me.
Is anyone else excited? I find it so incredibly lovely that he gave Kate Diana's ring. And I believe these two are a good match and will be happy together doing a most difficult and highly public job and life.
I wish I would have booked them way way back but on the other hand it would have been very crowded and very expensive.
Is anyone going to be in London at that time?

There you are Mon Mon.................

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/royalweddinginvitedirt_1.jpg

happylabs
03-04-2011, 08:06 AM
There ya go Helen.......

Cool! I didn't realize you were helping with the wedding.

sparks19
03-04-2011, 10:01 AM
I wouldn't judge Lady Gaga based on her looks. she is very intelligent and actually has an amazing talent... she just knows what sells to Americans and she's selling it lol

I don't really care TOO much about the wedding but I think it's beautiful that he gave her his mothers ring. diana was a treasure. she really was. A beautiful woman inside and out. to bad Charles was such a schmuck lol. But they have two wonderful boys and I'm very happy for William. Kate is beautiful and I just have a feeling that Diana is proud that William picked her :) She's a lovely young woman.

pomtzu
03-04-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm hoping that once the wedding takes place, that Kate remains as down to earth as she appears to be at present. Don't know how much she'll "have" to change, considering that she is marrying into royalty, but I certainly hope that the Queen doesn't try to make her into something that she is not. Afterall, Will fell in love with the Kate as she is seen now, not what protocol could dictate that she becomes. Will Kate - or should I say Katherine, now have a title??? Anybody know?????????? :confused:

happylabs
03-04-2011, 12:18 PM
:rolleyes:
I wouldn't judge Lady Gaga based on her looks. she is very intelligent and actually has an amazing talent... she just knows what sells to Americans and she's selling it lol

Did Lady Gaga get an invite?!? Wonder what she would wear. :D :p

Killearn Kitties
03-04-2011, 01:37 PM
:D It never ceases to amaze me - and I'm sure it never will - how obsessive the coverage of the Royal family's doings seems to be in the States. Didn't you guys fight a war to get rid of them? Don't you have any news of your own?

:D :D

gini
03-04-2011, 01:45 PM
:D:D:D Leave us alone!!:D:D:D

Killearn Kitties
03-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Forgive me, Gini. I will bow out. :D :D :D

sparks19
03-04-2011, 02:50 PM

Did Lady Gaga get an invite?!? Wonder what she would wear. :D :p

LOL not that I know of lol there was just a comment about the royal family being well educated etc etc etc unlike people like charlie sheen and lady gaga... but lady gaga is actually a very intelligent young woman who is extremely talented. she just knows what America wants to see to sell the most records lol that's pretty smart.

but she might have gotten an invite lol she could be the reception entertainment

sparks19
03-04-2011, 02:51 PM
:D It never ceases to amaze me - and I'm sure it never will - how obsessive the coverage of the Royal family's doings seems to be in the States. Didn't you guys fight a war to get rid of them? Don't you have any news of your own?

My grandmother is from england... if I didn't follow the royal family she'd disown me LOL

I remember I called my dad one time and ask if the Queen mum had passed away (for some reason I thought she was still alive) and his response was "don't you let your grandmother hear you ask such a question" LOL

Killearn Kitties
03-04-2011, 03:23 PM
My grandmother is from england... if I didn't follow the royal family she'd disown me LOL

Really? How funny, that is so alien to me. In fairness though, there tends to be a big gap between England and Scotland as concerns the Royal family.

Out of interest, was your grandmother the original emigrant? Sometimes they cling to home ties more persistently.

pomtzu
03-04-2011, 04:06 PM

This is just my opinion, but I think those in the U.S. that are obsessed with the goings-on, are those that love pomp and circumstance - the formality and beauty of the whole thing. Being the laid-back society that we are, we never see anything like that here. Can't say that I would personally like to live that 24/7, but it is rather interesting to watch on occasion. ;)

And those in the U.S. that love to see the b.s. that happens within The Royal Family - maybe it makes them feel that we here in the U.S. aren't the only ones to screw up! :eek::p:D

Killearn Kitties
03-04-2011, 04:38 PM
My comment though was not about the people who consume the news, Pomtzu, rather it was about the obsessive news coverage of the Royal family in the States, when the same issues are not covered in such depth here.

pomtzu
03-04-2011, 04:50 PM
My comment though was not about the people who consume the news, Pomtzu, rather it was about the obsessive news coverage of the Royal family in the States, when the same issues are not covered in such depth here.

Well again - I think it all goes back to satisfy those that are in to the pomp and circumstance. The media is just giving all those hungry people a lot to feast on - and of course boosting their ratings at the same time. Who really knows tho. Different cultures, different societies, different ways of thinking, and different priorities. Thank goodness all this happens only once in a blue moon! ;)

Marigold2
03-04-2011, 05:32 PM
OMG OMG OMG Wom you have done it now! :eek: I have recieved the invite but what the hell am I going to wear? And what pray tell if I am seated next to Lady Gaga (whom I adore). No outfilt of mine will/can compare to hers. Should I just dress down in beige and be invisible? I certaintly cannot out glitz the Gaga.
OMG OMG OMG I need to lose weight. Get some more Radiesse, whiten my teeth more, get hair extenstions.
Wom send more money. And now it is almost too late to order that custom made dress from Channel.
And I don't think K-Mart has their spring line out yet. :eek::eek:

wombat2u2004
03-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Cool! I didn't realize you were helping with the wedding.

I have tickets to the Peanut Gallery. :D

Marigold2
03-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Is that a Wombat, it is cuter then cute?

wombat2u2004
03-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Is that a Wombat, it is cuter then cute?

That's Wadsworth the Wombat :p

wombat2u2004
03-04-2011, 06:24 PM
OMG OMG OMG Wom you have done it now! :eek: I have recieved the invite but what the hell am I going to wear? And what pray tell if I am seated next to Lady Gaga (whom I adore). No outfilt of mine will/can compare to hers. Should I just dress down in beige and be invisible? I certaintly cannot out glitz the Gaga.
OMG OMG OMG I need to lose weight. Get some more Radiesse, whiten my teeth more, get hair extenstions.
Wom send more money. And now it is almost too late to order that custom made dress from Channel.

I can get you this one for 4 bucks from Walmart.

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/IslaFullMATRIX_468x740.jpg

wombat2u2004
03-04-2011, 06:26 PM

O this one......it's kinda cute.

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/transvestite.jpg

Cataholic
03-04-2011, 08:18 PM

I find the whole royal family thing fascinating. I didn't watch the televised marriage of Diana and Charles, but, would watch any 'documentary' on it, the royal family, probably to the exclusion of all else. Not sure why. Maybe cause it is so foreign to me? We have no caste system here, no royal anything, other than royal PIAs...

Just cause we kicked the royal family to the curb all those years ago doesn't mean we have forgotten from whence we came. LOL.

happylabs
03-04-2011, 10:24 PM

LOL! Do I have to bring my own peanuts?

carole
03-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Marigold i am sure whatever you wear you will be stunning, and those cameras will be upon you rather than the bride lol.:D

wombat2u2004
03-05-2011, 04:57 AM
LOL! Do I have to bring my own peanuts?

Yes. The eating kind. Not the throwing kind. :p

Marigold2
03-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Wom I love this. An animal print and lots of pink, I love it truly. I would so wear this to a party.

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/IslaFullMATRIX_468x740.jpg

Marigold2
03-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Oh Wom, you got a picture of my cousin's prom date.

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/transvestite.jpg

wombat2u2004
03-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Wom I love this. An animal print and lots of pink, I love it truly. I would so wear this to a party.

That's why I picked it.
It's.....it's.......so you. ;)

sparks19
03-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Really? How funny, that is so alien to me. In fairness though, there tends to be a big gap between England and Scotland as concerns the Royal family.

Out of interest, was your grandmother the original emigrant? Sometimes they cling to home ties more persistently.

yes she was. she met my grandpa during the war and then they moved to Canada :) Her siblings still live in England

she was actually from London england and then moved to London Ontario isn't that kinda funny lol

Killearn Kitties
03-07-2011, 04:33 PM
A number of my granddad's brothers and sisters also emigrated to Canada after the First World War. Work here was scarce and it was a good opportunity. One of his sisters also ended up in London Ontario. I am currently waiting for a photo of the graveyard where she is buried through a website called Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness.

Sorry, somewhat off topic! :D