PDA

View Full Version : And the winner is . . . . .

Grace
02-27-2011, 10:51 PM
I dare say Elizabeth II, Queen of England.

Back in 2006, Helen Mirren won an Academy Award for portraying her in The Queen. Tonight Colin Firth won an Academy Award for portraying her father, George VI. The movie, The King's Speech, won Best Picture, Tom Hooper won for Best Director and David Seidler won for Best Original Screenplay.

Best Actress was Natalie Portman for Black Swan.

Those were the biggies. Inception won several for special effects and the like.

And then there were the kids from P.S. 22 - simply amazing :love:

kuhio98
02-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Yay! Wish I could have seen the show, but I was still at work.
I heard that Mr. Firth made a touching acceptance speech.

The Kings Speech and The Black Swan are 2 movies I definitely want to see.

cassiesmom
02-28-2011, 12:01 PM
I want to see "The King's Speech". It's still in a few theaters. My mom and dad saw it and didn't realize it was a true story.

I'll have to find the P.S. 22 kids on You Tube. I saw them on the pre-show but I didn't see them sing.

I thought Hilary Swank looked beautiful and I really liked the color of Halle Berry's gown (but I didn't like her hair or Annette Bening's). I loved the color of Helen Mirren's gown, sort of purplish grey. And my mom liked Melissa Leo's gown. I wish I had the figure Annette Bening does- that gown! Wow! And Natalie Portman looked good. Pregnant and happy.

I loved that "The King's Speech" director thanked his mom :)

Has anyone seen the boxing movie with Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale?

Grace
02-28-2011, 12:44 PM
I came across a book this weekend - The King's Speech: How One Man Saved the British Monarchy (http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Kings-Speech/Mark-Logue/e/9781402786761/?itm=1&USRI=mark+logue) by Mark Logue (Lionel's grandson) and Peter Conradi.

I'm halfway through it. It's so interesting. Lots more of the background of Lionel Logue, and much more about the King.

Now that the movie has won Best Picture, I figure it will stick around in theaters for awhile longer.