PDA

View Full Version : Oh help!!! Sugar is missing! FOUND! P 2, #21

Freedom
02-26-2011, 07:16 PM
She got out of the fenced in back yard. I think I know how, between the gate and the post it closes to.

No collar, harness, or tags on. She's been gone almost 2 hours. I've walked around, driven around. I do call her, but heck she is deaf, what am I hollering for???

The coyote is out there!!!

Please pray she gets home safe and sound!

luvofallhorses
02-26-2011, 07:23 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with Sugar to return home safely.. I would call vet offices and shelters to see if someone found her. Good luck. (((hugs)))

Freedom
02-26-2011, 07:39 PM
It is too late, it is 8:30 PM on a Saturday here. None of those places are open.

Karen
02-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Oh, Sugar, baby, come home! Storm is coming tonight, and we ant you inside, safe and snug! Have you checked with neighbors?

jenluckenbach
02-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Oh no, COME HOME!!!

Freedom
02-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Just came in, drove all around gain, nothing.

If any of the neighbors find her, they will know she is mine; they won't know which one she is, but they'll know where she lives.

Karen
02-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Could one of the other fluffs help look for her? Dogs have so much better noses than we do ... a dish of warmed wet food - so the scent carries - might lure her in ...

ramanth
02-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Make up some flyers and post them in areas where you are not known. (Nearby neighborhoods, 24 hour grocery stores, ect) Dogs can wander great distances.

It's what I did when Zam got out on me. Kept me sane by keeping me busy.

3Catcondo
02-26-2011, 08:33 PM
OH NO Sandie!!! Prayers being said she shows up soon or you are able to find her asap!!!

Amy

Vette
02-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Oh my gosh. :( i am so sorry. all paws an fingers crossed that she returns safely.

krazyaboutkatz
02-26-2011, 09:09 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Please come home Sugar!!! Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are beings sent her way.

kaycountrygal
02-26-2011, 09:17 PM
Oh No, You must be very concerned and upset; I know I would be. I will keep you all in my thoughts that she is found safe. .. Kay in NC

Alysser
02-26-2011, 10:17 PM
Oh Sandie. I am so sorry! :(:( Please come home Sugar. Please keep us updated as soon as you can.

Freedom
02-26-2011, 10:26 PM
Took Willy and walked all around again. He is the biggest, so less worry re the coyote. He was happy, as I took us near all the dumpsters at the school, at the apartment buildings. We were out almost 45 minutes, nothing. If she is alive, she is inside somewhere at this point. Sugar IS microchipped.

Dad went to bed, he is crying, and I am a mess. Not much more I can do tonight.

K9karen
02-26-2011, 10:31 PM
OMG! I wish I lived closer! Shoot!!! OMG! Oh Sandie, I know you're hysterical! We all are too! SUGAR! SUGAR! I'm yelling anyway, I don't care! Coyote? Dear God! A gazillion prayers with fingers, toes and paws crossed!!!!!

chocolatepuppy
02-26-2011, 10:54 PM
Prayers being said that Sugar returns home safely! {hugs} to you and your dad.

Karen
02-26-2011, 11:00 PM
We will keep Sugar in our prayers, and you and your dad, too. Get some rest, okay?

robinh
02-27-2011, 06:42 AM
Just saw this....Hope to hear good news this morning. Praying for Sugar.

pomtzu
02-27-2011, 06:47 AM
Oh no Sandie - I'm sitting here with LES. I am praying so hard for her safe return.

Please Sugar sweetie - please, please, please come home.

Bonny
02-27-2011, 06:56 AM
Praying your Sugar will come home or someone finds Sugar. Could you put a kennel or card board box with a blanket in it out in the yard or close to the house just in case Sugar would come back home? I would sleep with my window cracked open some just to listen for coyotes & go out & chase them off if they are in the area. I do that during spring calving here on the farm.

Freedom
02-27-2011, 07:55 AM
HOME!!! Sugar is home and safe! The police found her, took her to the city pound. I had posted about her, w/ a photo, on craigslist. First thing this morning, the ACO matched her up to the CL posting and called. $30 to get her out of the hoosegow! I HAD phoned the police too to let them know, but that hasn't caught up with the ACO yet; he said they will call him later today. THANK YOU ALL, it means so much to have had all of you praying for her.

They phoned at 8:15 AM; rushed over and got her; didn't have $ so they let me take her, and I went back and paid. So just now getting on here to update all of you.

luvofallhorses
02-27-2011, 07:56 AM
So glad she is back safe and sound. :)

ChrisH
02-27-2011, 08:16 AM
That is absolutely wonderful! :D Thanks God!

Grace
02-27-2011, 08:21 AM
Thank God, Sugar is safe at home.

Did you find out where she was when the police picked her up - how far from home she had gotten?

pomtzu
02-27-2011, 08:38 AM
Thank you Lord!!! I had lit a candle for her safe return, and PT prayers really do work, as I have found out in the past. :)

Sugar - don't ever do that again - PLEASE!!! You had everybody worried sick about you. So glad that you are now home safe and sound with your family - right where you belong!!! :love:

chocolatepuppy
02-27-2011, 09:01 AM
Thank God! Please don't sneak out again Sugar, you had us all worried to death! :)

Freedom
02-27-2011, 09:09 AM
Thank God, Sugar is safe at home.

Did you find out where she was when the police picked her up - how far from home she had gotten?

I did ask, but the ACO did not have that info. He did think that she had already been picked up by the time I called in, or they would have had her labeled for him and he wouldn't have had to go on CL to find out who she was.

Sugar must have been awake all night. A ride in the police car, the noisy kennel. And she doesn't "go" indoors. So she's had a good long pee, a poop, chowed down on a raw turkey neck and is now sound sleep. I just may join her, as I didn't sleep much either.

Alysser
02-27-2011, 09:35 AM
So glad to read she is home safe, finally! Sugar going wandering around without mom is NOT A GOOD idea. I hope you never plan to do it again. ;) I was so nervous about logging in this morning.

Was she out all night before the police found her?

Freedom
02-27-2011, 10:01 AM
So glad to read she is home safe, finally! Sugar going wandering around without mom is NOT A GOOD idea. I hope you never plan to do it again. ;) I was so nervous about logging in this morning.

Was she out all night before the police found her?

I don't know, but don't think so. It is quite cold and snowing all night, she was dry and warm. I did ask the ACO where they found her, but he didn't have that info. He thought that they had already picked her up by the time I phoned in, or they would have left him the note, and he wouldn't have had to look her up on craigslist.

kaycountrygal
02-27-2011, 12:57 PM
WONDERFUL! I am so relieved that your little Sugar girl is home. I dont think I knew she was deaf which makes it even scarier that she was out alone. I said a prayer last night for her and you. I bet you are exhausted. I would not have been able to sleep a wink if my LilGirl or Luke was outside at night. I'm so glad she's home.. Kay in NC

Freedom
02-27-2011, 01:20 PM
I bet you are exhausted. I would not have been able to sleep a wink if my LilGirl or Luke was outside at night. I'm so glad she's home.. Kay in NC

The whole household went to bed after Dad and I ate breakfast; we are just getting up now. Yes, everyone was awake most of the night. I made my last foray walking the streets at 3 AM.

Bonny
02-27-2011, 01:34 PM
I sure bet Sugar was happy to see you & glad to be safe back at home. :) What a night you all must of had.:eek: Everyone will have to take an after noon nap.

krazyaboutkatz
02-27-2011, 06:00 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Sugar is now home.:D Now hopefully she or any of the others won't ever escape through the fence again. You all deserve a nice long nap and to just take it easy today.

Daisy and Delilah
02-27-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm so glad she's back, Sandie!! How scary!! Kisses to Sugar for me please. Hugs to you and Dad!!

jenluckenbach
02-27-2011, 08:54 PM
I am very glad to hear this. WHEW.

Craftlady
02-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Happy to read that Sugar was found safe and sound. :)

rg_girlca
02-27-2011, 09:05 PM
Boy am I ever happy that Sugar was found. It's bad enough to have your dog go missing, but to have a deaf one go missing, to me is even scarier.

I bet you already have that fence fixed though so Sugar won't be able to escape again.

cassiesmom
02-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Oh, Sugar! When I saw this, my heart just dropped! I'm so glad you are safe!

Lilith Cherry
02-27-2011, 09:32 PM
Oh thank God she is safe and back home with you! I have only just seen this as I am in China right now with very limited access to internet. Blessings and love to everyone!

K9karen
02-27-2011, 09:47 PM
Whew! Whew! Whew! :love::love::love::love:

AdoreMyDogs
02-27-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm sooo glad she is home! I was so scared to read the thread, but then I saw your update on FB. Phew. Poor Sugar. Poor Momma. Glad all turned out well. Are your crew microchipped? My mom doesn't keep a collar on her little shih tzu, and I worry about him since he does not have a microchip. I hope she (or the rest of your fluff crew) NEVER do that again. She worried you AND all of us, too! Hugs to you from TX :)

Husky_mom
02-27-2011, 11:29 PM
so glad she´s back home!!

Freedom
02-28-2011, 08:06 AM
Boy am I ever happy that Sugar was found. It's bad enough to have your dog go missing, but to have a deaf one go missing, to me is even scarier.

I bet you already have that fence fixed though so Sugar won't be able to escape again.

Oh yes, blocked it up good. Will do a proper job in April, as I can't use the gate the way I blocked it just now. But she is not going out that way again!

I'm sooo glad she is home! I was so scared to read the thread, but then I saw your update on FB. Phew. Poor Sugar. Poor Momma. Glad all turned out well. Are your crew microchipped? My mom doesn't keep a collar on her little shih tzu, and I worry about him since he does not have a microchip. I hope she (or the rest of your fluff crew) NEVER do that again. She worried you AND all of us, too! Hugs to you from TX :)

Sugar, Lacey and Marlin are chipped. Tasha and Willy will be, but my vet anesthetizes them to put it in, so I'v been waiting for them to need "something else." Turns out this time, Sugar's chip wasn't a part of getting her home, they never got to scan her, they found my posting on craigslist.

MoonandBean
02-28-2011, 08:57 AM
OMG...just seeing this now. SOOOO glad she is home safe and sound!

lvpets2002
02-28-2011, 11:41 AM
:) OMG How did I miss this Thread.. So So glad Sugar is Home Now.. I will bet you were so frantic Sandie.. Go ahead & take a nap with your Sugar now.. Cuddles to you both..

Freedom
02-28-2011, 12:42 PM
Oh yes, I was sick with worry, and SO glad this is all behind us now. NEVER again, I don't want to EVER live through that horrid feeling again.

pomtzu
02-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Oh yes, I was sick with worry, and SO glad this is all behind us now. NEVER again, I don't want to EVER live through that horrid feeling again.

Isn't that the most God-awful feeling, Sandie? Myndi pulled a similar stunt many years ago when she was quite young. A friend of my son had stopped in for a quick visit, and Myndi either hated him or was scared to death of him, for reasons unknown. When she was let out for a potty call, she disappeared. We searched for hours and well into the night - all thru the woods, checked with neighbors, rode up and down the road - but nothing. I was devastated - cried myself to sleep - was physically sick! The next morning when my son got up, he heard something at the back door - and there was Myndi jumping up on the door and trying to get in. We finally concluded that she got in the old shed and hid, and wouldn't respond to us, even tho we checked in there the night before. There was just enough space that she could get out even after the door was closed. NEVER could go thru that again........

Don't know what it was about this guy, but my big RB tuxie didn't like him either. He would jump down behind the washer and dryer to hide from him, and then couldn't get out, and my son would have to pull the washer out to get to the darn cat out. However - Sparky never had a problem with this guy - but then he loves everybody anyway. Go figure. When guy moved away - I was thrilled!!!

So relieved that Sugar is safe..........

CountryWolf07
02-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Whew! So glad Sugar is back home. Crazy how Craigslist has become helpful to the 'lost dog/found dog' search for everyone out there. Just glad that she is home now.

K9karen
02-28-2011, 10:21 PM
Sandie, girlfriend, I hope you got some well deserved sleep and your heart is back to normal.

Mz Logan got loose a few weeks after I got her, but thankfully I knew where she went (the corner school's squirrel laden trees). But with traffic, no tags (I had just brushed her) it's horrendhous, regardless. It helped, of course, Mz Logan has great hearing when she wants to! (you talkin' to ME???).

Hope things are back to normal. Thinking of you all! Say hi to dad for me!

cassiesmom
02-28-2011, 11:19 PM
Oh, Sugar! When I saw this, my heart just dropped! I'm so glad you are safe!

And a candle
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=12785778

ramanth
03-01-2011, 01:18 AM
So happy to hear she is home safe!!! :D

Freedom
03-01-2011, 06:35 AM
Thanks Ramanth.

Elyse, just went to see that candle, thank you for this.

MoonandBean
03-01-2011, 02:08 PM
And a candle
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=12785778

Awww...that candle is so sweet!

lizbud
03-01-2011, 06:01 PM
I am so glad Sugar was found, and found so quickly by some caring
person.:) When I see her sweet face in your sig, I can just imagine how
scared she must have been to be so far from you & home. Welcome home
sweet Sugar.:)

Freedom
03-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Thanks, Lizbud. However, I doubt Sugar thought she had a problem until the kennel; to my knowledge, she has never been in that situation.