PDA

View Full Version : CBS Cancels "Two and a Half Men"

cassiesmom
02-25-2011, 08:29 PM
I really like (or maybe I should say liked) "Two and a Half Men" for the most part. I felt like the show went in sort of a strange direction when Charlie got engaged, but by and large it's been one of my favorite TV shows. I'm disappointed in CBS' decision to cancel the show outright -- I think that's unfair to the rest of the cast and the production staff. They're losing their jobs over Charlie Sheen's remarks.

So - CBS - could we strike a compromise here? Could you take Charlie Sheen off the show and leave the rest alone? I really enjoy Jon Cryer and the rest of the cast, and they're more than capable of getting the job done.

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,2055353,00.html

K9karen
02-25-2011, 08:50 PM
I've been thinking about that. As egotistical, vain, obnoxious as he is, I do think Charlie Sheen made the show. I don't think he can be replaced. It's about the only show that makes me LOL.
I feel awful for the other cast members too. I think I read that Sheen knows his lines and arrives on time etc. He just doesn't know when to keep his big mouth shut. He made a cruel remark on the radio about the creators first name too, which added a gazillion more points downward on my Sheen ladder.

RICHARD
02-25-2011, 10:42 PM
Rename the franchise "Two Men".

happylabs
02-25-2011, 10:47 PM
I rarely watch it but I think you are right that the show wouldn't be the same without Charlie Sheen. He has ruined it for everyone with his antics. People just don't want to see the crap that he has been up to lately. He pretty much disgusts me.

pomtzu
02-26-2011, 06:53 AM
The world of comedy did very well before CS, and will continue to do very well without him. Everybody is pretty sick of this idiot's nonsense any more. He sure is a far cry from his father, isn't he???? :mad:

ETA:
I've never so much as watched even one episode, tho I have heard that it's funny. It's a shame that CS had to ruin it for everybody tho - cast and fans alike.

sparks19
02-26-2011, 08:45 AM
I just feel bad for CS. he's a very sick man and needs a lot of help and he hasn't even hit rock bottom yet. I can't even bring myself to hate him... he's just.. sad.

he's really off his rocker now.

I feel bad for the other characters. CBS should start up a new show... kind of a spin off but I don't think it could still be Two and A Half Men anymore.

sasvermont
02-26-2011, 09:30 AM
Years ago, my sister and her husband of many years, divorced. Right before they split up, Bob, my former brother in law, stopped drinking. He had been drinking and doing drugs all his adult life. Once he stopped drinking etc. he began to hear and see things, became paranoid and displayed outrageous behavior. We concluded that Bob was always sick and kept it covered up by being constantly high. Once he stopped the cover up, his insanity was in our faces big time.

I don't know what became of the fellow Bob, as we didn't keep in touch. You can guess why.

If CS is really off the drugs etc. maybe this is his true self surfacing these days. scary stuff. He seems to be on one huge self-destruction run, career wise, now.

All in all, I could care less about CBS and their feud. In many ways CS is correct. But his delivery and decisions of when to communicate leave a lot to be desired.

Oh well. Life will go on, won't it.

I do like the show, by the way. :love:

Catty1
02-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Love the show.

But I think CBS did the right thing - to help CS hit bottom. They avoided more tantrums by cancelling the show. Had they merely fired CS, there would have been outrage from fans, and CS would have hired a lawyer etc. CS is dispensable - as we all are.

He was ranting about being indispensable. So much for your ego, Charlie.

One commentator said that his recent behaviour is the manic cycle of bipolar disorder. sas, you hit the nail right on the head...a lot of addicts "self-medicate", and when the drugs/booze are removed, the illness explodes in its symptoms.

The behaviour is outrageous and dangerous...but I hop Bob got help.

wombat2u2004
02-27-2011, 01:53 AM
Rename the franchise "Two Men".

Or........... "One Man and the Creepy Kid." :p

happylabs
02-27-2011, 05:32 AM
or........... "one man and the creepy kid." :p

lol!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Ole Charlie seems like a egomaniac to me. He now wants 3 mil an episode to do the show and seems to think he will not only get it, the show will be back next season. He is drunk on himself and his eyes creep me out. He needs help for sure. :love:

Karen
02-28-2011, 01:37 PM
He seems, from what little I have read, to be exhibiting classic Narcissistic Personality Disorder - see here (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/narcissistic-personality-disorder/DS00652/DSECTION=symptoms) and not only is it sad, it's looking doubtful that he'll get psychiatric help at this point, after all, he doesn't need it, according to him.

It's sad that it is all playing out in the media, for his children's sake in the future.

happylabs
02-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Ole Charlie seems like a egomaniac to me. He now wants 3 mil an episode to do the show and seems to think he will not only get it, the show will be back next season. He is drunk on himself and his eyes creep me out. He needs help for sure. :love:

I don't think he is all that funny, plus, he isn't actually "acting" he is just being his normal self in that show.

cassiesmom
02-28-2011, 03:06 PM
I heard an excerpt from Charlie Sheen's radio interview on the Alex Jones show. He talked almost nonstop, and what he was saying didn't make any sense to me. Something was definitely not right. Whether narcissistic or manic or both I'm not sure. But his speech was pressured and his ideas were definitely taking flight. I don't think he should be back and if this means the end of the show - it is what it is.

Marigold2
02-28-2011, 05:06 PM
CS has had a charmed life. Endless wealth, fame, a supportive family. He has had all the advantages any human can have and he has continued to mess up. I feel nothing but disgust for him. Buck up loser. Grow up.

Freedom
02-28-2011, 05:07 PM
I heard an excerpt from Charlie Sheen's radio interview on the Alex Jones show. He talked almost nonstop, and what he was saying didn't make any sense to me. Something was definitely not right. Whether narcissistic or manic or both I'm not sure. But his speech was pressured and his ideas were definitely taking flight. I don't think he should be back and if this means the end of the show - it is what it is.

There was an interview w/ CS this morning on the Today show; not sure who did the interview, it wasn't a Today person, this was a tape of another interview. But you could say the same things: "He talked almost nonstop, and what he was saying didn't make any sense to me. Something was definitely not right. Whether narcissistic or manic or both I'm not sure. But his speech was pressured and his ideas were definitely taking flight." To me, his eyes didn't look right either.

He said something like: I am off the drugs and the booze now; I just said ENOUGH! and that made it so. :rolleyes:

Freedom
02-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Just read that his publicist quit.

Grace
02-28-2011, 08:55 PM
Just read that his publicist quit.

But Charlie couldn't abide him quitting, so he then fired the publicist. Like Donald Trump does . . . . . .

Freedom
03-01-2011, 06:41 AM
Omgosh, . . . .ROTFL

catland
03-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Never watched the show - it has a laugh track, right? (I don't watch shows with laugh-tracks becuase it just ruins the show for me).

Maybe Chuck can get a reality show with Randy Quaid?:rolleyes:

Catty1
03-01-2011, 04:15 PM
http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/funny-celebrity-pictures-son-i-am-disappoint.jpg

Marigold2
03-01-2011, 06:27 PM
LOL it does seem that his family is very supportive at least dad. Have not heard from mom.

Alysser
03-01-2011, 06:47 PM
He's been playing Charlie Harper a little too long :D

wombat2u2004
03-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Maybe Chuck can get a reality show with Randy Quaid?:rolleyes:

HAh !!! Yeah "Two Men and a Mental Nurse" :D:D:D

Catty1
03-02-2011, 12:24 AM
OK...this guy is REALLY out of touch now - I have bolded one comment he made...

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/41861860

Police remove Sheen's twin boys from his home

NBC News and news services
updated 1 hour 13 minutes ago 2011-03-02T06:05:32

LOS ANGELES — Actor Charlie Sheen told NBC News that police removed his twin boys from his Los Angeles mansion Tuesday night.

"This is not the America I grew up in," he told NBC News.

RadarOnline.com reported a judge ordered the twins, Bob and Max, who turn 2 this month, removed because they must be returned to their mother, Brooke Mueller, who filed for divorce from Sheen in February.

The "Two and a Half Men" star has said he wants full custody of the twins.

"My fangs are dripping tiger blood," Sheen told RadarOnline.com.

On his new Twitter account, Sheen tweeted late Tuesday: "My sons' are fine... My path is now clear... Defeat is not an option..!"

Mueller, 33, earlier Tuesday reportedly won a restraining order to keep Sheen 100 yards away from her.

Details were sketchy about what prompted the emergency court order, which was first reported by TMZ.

Mueller and Sheen were set to be officially divorced in May.

A Los Angeles judge reportedly did not address a custody issue Mueller raised in court, on a day Sheen told an interviewer his two live-in girlfriends helped take care of the kids.

In reacting to news of the restraining order, Sheen used a term from "Star Wars." He told TMZ he was "already planning on staying 100 parsecs away" from Mueller.

The twins were removed on the same day Sheen started a Twitter account and gained thousands followers.

Earlier Tuesday, CBS Chief Executive Leslie Moonves described the future of "Two and a Half Men" as uncertain while Sheen spoke of a drug-free life with two "goddess" girlfriends at his home dubbed Sober Valley Lodge.

Moonves, interviewed at an investors' conference Tuesday in San Francisco, said he hoped TV's top-rated comedy would return to CBS, adding, "We'll see."

Sheen's personal woes and public tirades against producers of "Two and a Half Men" reduced the show's season, but Moonves said CBS isn't suffering financially in the short term because paying for fewer episodes than planned of the expensive sitcom is "financially a gainer."

"Going down the road ... I don't know what's going to happen," he said, then took a poke at Sheen's ongoing media tour. "He's on the air quite a bit these days. I wish he would have worked this hard to promote himself for an Emmy." Sheen has been nominated four times for lead actor in a comedy series for "Men," but has never won.

Meanwhile, Sheen, 45, was a guest on Howard Stern's radio show Tuesday, discussing his career as a Hollywood playboy, after a return to NBC's "Today." The actor kept up his aggressive public relations campaign against the network, producer Warner Bros. Television and critics of his style.

Asked on "Today" about reaction to previous comments in which he called himself "a total rock star from Mars," among other startling descriptions, Sheen shrugged off the reaction.

"I am grandiose because I live a grandiose life. I'm tired of being 'aw shucks.' That's not me. ... What's wrong with that?" he said.

Sheen had high praise for the two women living with him whom he calls "goddesses."

"These women don't judge me. ... They don't lead with opinion. They don't lead with their own needs all the time," he said.

Asked if the pair help care for his children, who include nearly 2-year-old twins with Brooke Mueller, Sheen replied, "Oh, yeah. If I can't be there, they're there, and it's like everybody helps out. ... There's nothing broken here."

Sheen asserted he isn't using drugs, saying "drug tests don't lie" and presenting recent test results with "the word 'negative' is, like, printed, like, 18 trillion times."

"Don't remember, don't care," he said when asked the last time he'd used drugs.

He has rejected attempts by his family, including father Martin Sheen ("The West Wing," "Apocalypse Now") to intervene in his life and told them, "'I appreciate your love and your, and your compassion, if that's what you want to call it.'

wombat2u2004
03-02-2011, 01:01 AM
Sounds to me that this guy is in self destruct mode.

cassiesmom
03-02-2011, 02:19 AM
"I'm tired of pretending like I'm not special. I'm tired of pretending like I'm not b****ing, a total fricking rock star from Mars, and people can't figure me out, they can't process me. I don't expect them to. You can't process me with a normal brain." -- Charlie Sheen to NBC's Jeff Rossen

Grandiosity, flight of ideas and pressured speech. I think he's either bipolar/manic or a narcissist. And I hate to label him as bipolar, because I have a friend who was diagnosed with bipolar/depression and has really struggled to keep a somewhat normal life (meaning work, go to church, maintain family relationships, live in a safe and tidy place, have clean clothes and eat a healthy diet). I don't want to lump crazy Charlie Sheen in the same category as my friend.

happylabs
03-02-2011, 05:35 AM
He is not taking illegal drugs now, maybe, but he needs to be medicated!

Edwina's Secretary
03-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Never watched the show - it has a laugh track, right? (I don't watch shows with laugh-tracks becuase it just ruins the show for me).

Oh how I HATE laugh tracks. Annoying, distracting... do they think the show is not funny enough...or that people will only laugh when the hear others laugh...or if the audience hears laughter they will think..."Oh! This must be a funny show!"

It IS a funny show much of the time. The mother is my favorite character...

cassiesmom
03-02-2011, 04:00 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/ct-met-schmich-0302-20110302,0,1063392.column

Column about Charlie Sheen from today's Tribune...

Marigold2
03-02-2011, 07:08 PM
I just watched an episode of 2 1/2 men. And I realized that he is Charlie Harper. And we as a society have thought it funny and made him a star and wealty on this bad boy behavior. I now look at the show with new eyes. It truly is him, he is not acting. We laughed and thought he was hip and cool and sexy and now when he acts in real life the way he does on TV we all of a sudden don't think it's so funny anymore. Why were we not disgusted with this shallow, man wh*&e before? Why did we laugh as he went through women like paper towels, discarding after one use?

happylabs
03-02-2011, 10:14 PM
I just watched an episode of 2 1/2 men. And I realized that he is Charlie Harper. And we as a society have thought it funny and made him a star and wealty on this bad boy behavior. I now look at the show with new eyes. It truly is him, he is not acting. We laughed and thought he was hip and cool and sexy and now when he acts in real life the way he does on TV we all of a sudden don't think it's so funny anymore. Why were we not disgusted with this shallow, man wh*&e before? Why did we laugh as he went through women like paper towels, discarding after one use?

Exactly! That is what I said in my post earlier, #13, he isn't acting, he is just being himself.

Grace
03-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Charlie just got fired -

From PEOPLE -

Charlie Sheen just got his pink slip.

"After careful consideration, Warner Bros. Television has terminated Charlie Sheen's services on Two and a Half Men effective immediately," the show's producers say in a statement.

His firing places the future of the hit CBS sitcom in doubt. The network declined to comment, but one source close to the show says, "no decision has been made" about whether to continue with a new star or to cancel it all together.

happylabs
03-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Charlie just got fired -

From PEOPLE -

Amen!

Edwina's Secretary
03-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Charlie just got fired -

From PEOPLE -

When I saw this I thought...Oh Joy! No more Charlie Sheen in PEOPLE!

Dang - nice thought though! :D;):D

sasvermont
03-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Listening and watching things about CS is like watching a train wreck. If he keeps it up, he'll be dead within a year. Wing-nut.:eek:

"Charles de Gaulle once said that the graveyards are full of indispensable men. The same can be said of the bars of Los Angeles and Paris."

kitten645
03-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Anyone started a death pool yet? He's heading there fast. BTW HE shouldn't be one speaking of psuedo(sp?) names...Carlos Esteves. Oi!

K9karen
03-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Well, he's been officially fired. Rumors have it that John Stamos is a possible replacement. I think the guy is quite ill, but, admittingly watch the show and laugh like he**. If the show doesn't continue or make it with a new lead, I feel bad for the other actors, having to have put up with this crappola.

I still believe what goes around, comes around.

blue
03-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Im pretty sure most Dead Pool (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_pool) entries have to be in on or before the first of the year.

cassiesmom
03-07-2011, 11:37 PM
source: Washington Post on line

Charlie Sheen has been fired from CBS's "Two and a Half Men."

No decision has been made about the future of the show, according to multiple sources who have knowledge of the situation; they did not wish to be identified because they were not authorized to speak about the details of the situation.

Warner Bros. TV, which produces the show for CBS, did the firing, in a letter sent Monday to Sheen's lawyer.

"Your client has been engaged in dangerously self destructive conduct and appears to be very ill," Warner Bros. TV said in the letter addressed to Martin Singer. "For months before the suspension of production, Mr. Sheen's erratic behavior escalated while his condition deteriorated. His declining condition undermined the production in numerous and significant ways. Now, the entire world knows Mr. Sheen's condition from his alarming outbursts over just the last few weeks."

"His declining condition undermined the production in numerous and significant ways." Come on CBS, why can't you just say that the guy cost you big flippin bucks?! It's only the top rated sitcom. Tell it like it is.

Freedom
03-08-2011, 08:44 AM
What took them so long?

Wow, the webcast I saw this morning on the Today show, CS is really self destructing.

catland
03-08-2011, 04:34 PM
OK - I just had to look at part of his webcast and I think that it's an act and that we're all being duped. (At least I hope so, I really hope that wasn't the real thing). Remember - he is an ACTOR.

btw - nice shot of the hair plugs.

wombat2u2004
03-08-2011, 07:13 PM
http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/image001-6.jpg

Catty1
03-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Some people just don't "get it" and submit to recovery...the ego is just too big. And that is what kills them.

I think this guy is headed for death within the year. I sure hope I am wrong.:(

cassiesmom
03-10-2011, 03:14 PM
In all of the Charlie Sheen controversy I've been wondering about his family...

"The Heartbreak of Charlie Sheen's Dad"

I didn't want to write about Charlie Sheen. I don't watch his show, I don't care about the man and what he does. But then I remembered seeing an interview with his father and brothers and suddenly I felt a bit of, I don't know, compassion perhaps, for his children and his siblings, but mostly his father.

In an interview I saw years ago, I remember Martin Sheen talking about his Catholic faith. He took his name from Bishop Fulton Sheen. When the interviewer asked if the rest of the family was also Catholic, one of the boys (I don't remember which one) said, "Dad is Catholic enough for all of us!"

Apparently he isn't. Watching your son spin out of control in the public eye has to be the most excruciating thing a parent can go through. I keep waiting to hear the news that they found Charlie Sheen dead, his glassy stare gazing up at some very expensive plumbing in a high end hotel bathroom, the goddesses in the other room weeping because their fifteen minutes of fame will be up shortly.

My husband and I try to lead our family by quiet example (and the occasional heated verbal viewpoint!), but our children are not out of control like Charlie Sheen. But if they were, as a Catholic, I would be on my knees in a demanding prayer of all the saints and God to save my child!

I hope Martin Sheen finds comfort in his faith. I hope through prayer, that he finds the tools he needs to save his son and heal his family. From one parent to another, I will pray for him.
Read more: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/being-catholic-really/2011/03/martin-sheens-heartbreak.html#ixzz1GEWwhFbd

wombat2u2004
03-16-2011, 07:30 AM
http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/KGrHqUOKpgE1q86wdvnBNePuJlDh_12.jpg

cassiesmom
03-16-2011, 05:05 PM
This is the crowd he associates with?!

From the Chicago Tribune...
The Charlie Sheen saga again touched Chicago on Monday when adult film star Kacey Jordan — who told "Good Morning America" that she witnessed a 36-hour drug- and alcohol-fueled party at Sheen's home in January — was taken from her room at the Peninsula hotel on the Magnificent Mile to Northwestern Memorial Hospital after a call was made to a suicide hotline, Chicago police said.

Officers said Jordan (real name Courtney Roskop) was "dazed" when they found her in her hotel room typing on her computer. Police said she had prescription pills and a glass of Jack Daniels at her side.

It's unclear who made the call to the hotline. Jordan had posted alcohol- and drug-related comments on her Twitter page earlier that day.

"i've over done it …," Jordan tweeted. "the more i do … i keep passing out."

The 22-year-old Jordan, who was not charged, also mentioned Sheen, who is bringing his "Violent Torpedo of Truth" tour to the Chicago Theatre next month, on Twitter on Monday. "those 16 hours i was with charlie sheen … messed me up," she tweeted.

Jordan initially told officers the tweets were "a publicity stunt," police said, but then allegedly added, "I wish I could overdose now."

The tweets continued the next morning from the hospital, where she appeared to be in more stable condition. "I'm Soooo bored in this hospital bed!" she wrote. "I wanna have someone save me."

wombat2u2004
03-17-2011, 12:00 AM
"I'll save you Kasey"

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/sman15.jpg