PDA

View Full Version : Basil's getting fixed NOW....

NoahsMommy
11-01-2002, 11:25 AM
Well, I just got back from dropping Basil off at the white coats for his neutering. :( I am praying everything goes OK...as he is our "pay the vet's children's college tuition" kitty. ;)

We had to not give him food since 8:00 last night, so we gave him a can of tuna to fill up on. Poor little thing...he whined all morning...then came the kitty jail...he did NOT want to go in there, but eventually did and shook the entire time while we were at the vet. Poor little guy. :(

Can you all please keep him in your thoughts today?

Cataholic
11-01-2002, 11:34 AM
Oh, poor litte baby Basie!!! We will cross everything for him, and hope you update us really soon! Good luck to Basil and the humans, too.

toughCookie
11-01-2002, 12:02 PM
yes he will be in my thoughts today. you did the right thing.
he will be fine in a couple days.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-01-2002, 12:05 PM
Oh, poor little Basil. We will most certainly keep him in our thoughts, and I'll call home and tell Tubby and Peanut to cross their paws and tails that everything goes well.

I'm sure he'll be fine, and back to bothering Noel in no time. :)

NoahsMommy
11-01-2002, 12:24 PM
It's horrible seeing him so scared....I keep seeing his little face looking at me from the kitty jaill. Poor thing. I know how much I hate going to the doctor. :(

Thanks for all your kind wishes. Is it 4:00 yet?? :)

sasvermont
11-01-2002, 12:25 PM
Aw, poor baby. He will be fine. The boy kitty operation is so easy compared to girl kitty ones. I bet he will be fine tomorrow.

Keep us posted!

(((((((((((((((((((((Basil))))))))))))))))))))))

Randi
11-01-2002, 12:30 PM
Oh Basil, we certainly sympathise with you, poor guy! :( But when you wake up, you won't know what's happened and you'll be back to normal in no time! ;)

We hope it all goes well, will be thinking of you! :)

Please report back soon!

hugs & headbumpies from
Fister, mum & dad

momoffuzzyfaces
11-01-2002, 12:38 PM
Prayers that all goes well for sweet Basil. The boys send their sympathies to him, they all 4 had the operation too. OWWIE!! They did fine and are hoping he does the same. Paws are crossed for him also.

boscibo
11-01-2002, 12:49 PM
Poor Basil. First his mommy ambushes him with water, and now it is the operation. He's not having a very good week, is he?

I'm sure he'll do fine, and be back to normal before you know it. Seeing your baby scared at the vet is bad, isn't it? Hanna was shaking when she went in, and she is usually so brave about everything (even the vacuum cleaner). I only cried once when she was gone, I missed her so much.

yumyum6970
11-01-2002, 01:10 PM
Poor Basil...he is in our prayers. Keep us posted. *HUGS*

lynnestankard
11-01-2002, 01:52 PM
Oh poor Baby Basil - not only starved to death but then put in the *Porta Prison*!! You be be a BIG brave boy Basie and when the 'Sir Jury' is over you're Mummy is gonna over-dose you on treats!!! Keepin all fingers and eyes crossed that you'll be home safe and sound real soon with Noah and Noel to make a big fuss over you. :D :D :D

Lynne

Chinadoll
11-01-2002, 01:59 PM
Oh poor baby!! It would just kill me to leave one of my babies if I knew they were shaking scared. Please let us know how Basil does. Do you check on him at 4:00 or can you pick him up then? My vet has all alters stay over night so they can see how they are the next morning. All paws and fingers crossed here for a speedy and painless recovery.

NoahsMommy
11-01-2002, 02:42 PM
Well...he's AWAKE! The vet tech said he was doing really well and just woke up. I get to go pick him up at four...not sure if I can last that long...I may leave at three and go to PetSmart on the way there. :)

Something just occured to me. They will feed him, right? I mean, he hasn't had food since 8:00 last night...I bet he's starving. (jeeesh, crazy cat mommy... :rolleyes: )

sasvermont
11-01-2002, 02:45 PM
Depending on when the vet performed the operation, he may still be a bit under the weather. I bet he will eat though. They usually offer them food but not right away. My cats usually eat first thing, when the stagger home from a procedure! Then the next stop is their litter box. "There's no place like home"......

He will be so happy to be back home!

(((((((((((((baby basil))))))))))))))))

:)

boscibo
11-01-2002, 02:59 PM
Hanna had to stay overnight, and when I picked her up they said they had fed her "She licked the bowl clean, so you won't need to feed her."

I brought her home, an hour later she was hungry again. So I gave her a little canned food - and she licked that bowl clean, too!

I'm so glad everything went well for Basil.

Edwina's Secretary
11-01-2002, 03:15 PM
Within 24 hours the only thing "hurting" will be his pride! :D :rolleyes: ;)

NoahsMommy
11-01-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Within 24 hours the only thing "hurting" will be his pride! :D :rolleyes: ;)
:D ;) I agree....especially with my hubby (not acting his age) telling Basil he's going to be a girl kitty now. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-01-2002, 04:03 PM
Well, you're probably there already since it's about 2 minutes to 4:00 my time. ;) :D I was just going to warn you that yes, he might be a bit groggy so you should be warned. If he is, he'll stumble around and seem really drunk - which can be hard to watch too for a cat mommy. You might try to put him in a little bed someplace, but even if he's groggy he will still have a mind of his own, and will probably not stay wherever you put him. And if you put him on your bed, he may try and jump down, which is really hard for a cat mommy to watch. ;)

But don't worry. He'll be just fine, and might even give Noel a little peace until he's fully back to normal. ;) :D

toughCookie
11-01-2002, 04:34 PM
I think you have to go lightly on feeding him for a day or two after the surgery...

Miss Meow
11-01-2002, 05:05 PM
I'm so glad Basil came out of the surgery with flying colours! Great news, I hope he's back to normal soon, poor little darling.

Cataholic
11-01-2002, 06:27 PM
Doesn't Noahsmommy have a 'puter at home? How can we know how Basil is????????

jenluckenbach
11-01-2002, 06:32 PM
Basil, by the time you read this, you'll be your old self again. It never took my guys long to recoop. He'll be fine. I am sure of that.

Felicia's Mom
11-01-2002, 08:55 PM
I'm glad Basil's surgery was a success.

NoahsMommy
11-01-2002, 11:46 PM
Hi guys! Basil is home, safe and sound. :)

Right now he is playing with the scratching post and Noah. Completely back to normal.

When I picked him up, almost six hours ago, he was really drowsy and slept in his carrier. When he got home, the first thing he saw was Noel, who promptly hissed and about ate him...I don't think she liked his anticeptic smell.

I'm so glad its over...thank you all for your support and kind words today. Basil thanks you too. :D

krazyaboutkatz
11-02-2002, 01:09 AM
Kelly, I'm just reading this thread now and I'm so glad that little Basil's surgery went well and that he's now home with his family.:) Take care sweet Basil. :cool:

lynnestankard
11-02-2002, 06:35 AM
Well done Basil - Well done Kelly!! So glad 'sir jury' went well and he's back home with you. {{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

Lynne

Kirsten
11-02-2002, 11:20 AM
Good to hear that Basil is back to normal! :) Poor little boy - being told by his daddy he's going to be a kitty girl now must have hurt! ;)

Kirsten

Randi
11-02-2002, 11:37 AM
Basil, you gorgeous boy! It's all over now!! :D So happy for you that everything went well! :)

Now, you gotta catch up with things at home - and don't you put up with anything! :eek:

AdoreMyDogs
11-02-2002, 01:10 PM
Oh poor little Basil :( it's tough being a kitty sometimes, but it sounds like he's going to be over it in no time! I am glad everything went smoothly for the little guy :)