PDA

View Full Version : Yummy dog biscuit recipe!

Freedom
02-25-2011, 08:09 AM
http://www.petsugar.com/Peanut-Butter-Dog-Treat-Recipe-9431687

Why not celebrate by treating your pooch to some homemade yummies? These healthy dog treats are a DIY-licious idea from Whole Foods. Although the depicted green comes from a pinch of parsley, dried mint can be swapped in for even fresher breath.

If you're curious to learn the six ingredients and check out the recipe to bake for yourself your dog, then just read more.

Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Whole Foods Market

Bake up these healthy, peanutty treats for your good boys and girls.

Peanut Butter Dog Treats

Ingredients

1 banana, peeled
1 cup oat flour
2/3 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup dried parsley
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1 egg, beaten

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Put banana in a large bowl and use a spoon or potato masher to mash it thoroughly.
3. Add oat flour, oats, parsley, peanut butter and egg and stir well to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes.
4. Roll mixture into 24 balls, using about 1 tablespoon dough for each; transfer to a large parchment paper-lined sheet tray as done.
5. Use the back of a spoon or the heel of your hand to press each ball into a (1 1/2- to 2-inch) coin.
6. Bake until firm and deep golden brown on the bottom, 40 to 45 minutes. Set aside to let cool completely.

Storage note: It's best to store these in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Or, freeze them to give to your pal later; just be sure to thaw the treats before handing them out.

pomtzu
02-25-2011, 08:18 AM
I'll have to try this one. I have another peanutbutter dog cookie recipe that I bake for my guys and other doggie friends during Christmas baking season. I'll have to add this one.

Thanks!

happylabs
02-25-2011, 08:32 AM
I need a kitty treat recipe. Although, I could make these for my grand-puppy Zoey. :love:

Taz_Zoee
02-25-2011, 09:30 AM
I will have to do this!! But I have a question, since I do not cook. :o
What do they mean, put the banana in a large boil??

kaycountrygal
02-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Freedom: Thanks for the recipe and site. I think mint would be better than parsley and I happen to have a mint plant.

TazZoee: "large boil" was a typo at the site. I'm sure it should say large BOWL LOL. Hmmm, you really dont cook much, do you? LOL.. Kay in NC

Freedom
02-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Freedom: Thanks for the recipe and site. I think mint would be better than parsley and I happen to have a mint plant.

TazZoee: "large boil" was a typo at the site. I'm sure it should say large BOWL LOL. Hmmm, you really dont cook much, do you? LOL.. Kay in NC

I fixed that! LOL

cassiesmom
02-25-2011, 12:01 PM
for kitties too...

http://www.freecathealthtips.com/homemade_cat_treats.shtml

You should submit this to the Tonight Show Headlines! Freedom, I might have to try making some of those for my neighbors' dogs.

pomtzu
02-25-2011, 12:13 PM
I will have to do this!! But I have a question, since I do not cook. :o

OMG Cindy - you are a hoot!!! :D You really don't cook, do you????? I'm not laughing AT you, but LMAO non the less.

Amazing how one little letter typed wrong, can set the whole meaning askew!!! :p:D

happylabs
02-25-2011, 01:09 PM
for kitties too...

http://www.freecathealthtips.com/homemade_cat_treats.shtml

Thanks so much for this link! I never really thought about making kitty treats but I am going to try it.