PDA

View Full Version : Those of you with digital cameras...

yumyum6970
11-01-2002, 10:27 AM
Hi all. Those of you who have digital cameras would you please tell me how to upload them to here. My husband and I bought a used digital camera and it works great. I just don't know how to get the pictures on here. Thanks! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-01-2002, 10:45 AM
First of all you need to save the pictures to your computer. Hopefully your camera came with directions on how to do that. If not, let us know so we can give suggestions on how to do that, but to start you will need some kind of cord to either go between the camera and the computer or a card reader, depending on what your camera originally stores the picture on.

Once the picture is on your computer, you need to get it to a website like Imagestation.com if you want the picture to just show up in your post. Or you can resize the picture and add it at the bottom of the screen when you post a message (attach file). You will probably need to resize it because that file can only be 60,000 bytes or smaller. If you don't have the software to resize, just upload it to Imagestation.com.

Phred gave a much more detailed description on how to do this. Click Here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7406&) to go there. Hopefully this will help, but be sure and ask if you have more questions. It's kinda tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's a piece of cake. :)

yumyum6970
11-01-2002, 01:08 PM
Thanks! Pics to follow soon hopefully! :)

boscibo
11-01-2002, 01:45 PM
I use the space my ISP sets aside for its users - they give everyone who has an internet account with them web space for personal stuff. Then you have to use FTP (hard to use at first, but once you get the hang of FTp'ing, it's easy) to get the files from your computer ~~>>to your webspace.

Then I copy and past the image's URL and use the IMG tags here - preview, and it should show up.

If you use a photo host, be careful because a lot of them don't allow remote linking anymore. Imagestation might be the only one left. And places like that change ther policies overnight - your picture might be there one day, but the next day they leave you with a red X. That is the main reason I wanted to learn FTP and have my pictures on my site.

Or you can use the "attachment" feature here on the forums, pictures have to be under 60 k.