PDA

View Full Version : Fern

jenluckenbach
02-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Fern could not hold on any longer, she was ready to go.

A few months shy of your (approximate) 15th birthday.

I must say, you hid your weakening body well. The days and weeks before you stopped eating, you were as lively as ever. No clue was given that your kidneys were shutting down. But your blood levels told the grim story.

I will always remember how much you changed from a super shy little girl to one who would literally demand attention. And I will also remember how that was the LONGEST road I have ever experienced. Your changes did not come overnight. But rather over YEARS. Most "casual" cat owners would have given up hope on you long ago. But we were content to watch you blossom at your own pace.

Six years, yes I remember it was 6 years before you attempted to climb onto my lap. And only if there were a blanket or newspaper between us.

But these last months, almost 14 years after adoption, you would lay with us to watch TV.

Tonight another piece of my heart goes to the rainbow bridge with you. Play hard Fern, you will be missed.

Cataholic
02-23-2011, 07:11 PM
I am so so sorry for the loss of sweet Fern. She was much loved and will be sorely missed. (((((Hugs)))))

Karen
02-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Rest in peace, pretty girl, knowing you have left deep pawprints on many hearts. Find the softest pillow up there at the Rainbow Bridge, okay?

Pinot's Mom
02-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Godspeed to the Bridge, dear Fern, and Peace to your family on earth. Be well and young until you see them again.:love:

Taz_Zoee
02-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Oh Jen, I am so sorry to read this. So soon after Jasper. :(
I love hearing how she finally came around to being a cuddle kitty. So sweet.

RIP Fern

Medusa
02-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Jen, you've had a double whammy; first Jasper, now Fern. However, they were two lucky cats to have been w/you for as long as they were. I'm sure Jasper was there to greet Fern and give her comfort until your sweet reunion. Rest in peace, Fern, and peace to you, Jen.

Freedom
02-23-2011, 08:15 PM
Oh no, I thought she was going to hang on with the fluids! I am stunned to see this. Jenn, hugs, I am so very sorry.

Nice to read about how she grew and developed.

Fern, I am sure you can find a blanket and newspaper to settle on at RB.

Craftlady
02-23-2011, 08:24 PM
So sorry for your loss. May it be a comfort that Fern is no longer in pain and in playing hard at the RB. She is a gem at 15 yrs old :)

carole
02-23-2011, 08:25 PM
so sorry to hear about Fern, RIP little girl, i know your heart aches right now, but take comfort in knowing she is at peace now and you are amongst those who understand and can offer you love and support , GIANT HUGS.:love::love:

cassiesmom
02-23-2011, 08:28 PM
I am so sorry, Jen. (((HUGS)))

phesina
02-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Oh, Jen, I am so very, very sorry.

Rest in peace, dearest Fern. You are so greatly loved and so much missed and grieved.

3Catcondo
02-23-2011, 08:55 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Fern, I love your name. May you play hard at the bridge.

Amy

Prairie Purrs
02-23-2011, 11:13 PM
I'm so sorry. I have a soft spot for the shy kitties who slowly learn how to trust and show affection. Unfortunately, the shy ones tend to be even more proficient than most cats at hiding illness.

Rest well, sweet Fern. You were deeply loved for many years.

Catty1
02-24-2011, 12:10 AM
{{{hugs}}} Jen. Ya done good.:love:

Be at peace, dearest Fern. :love::love:

Sundance
02-24-2011, 12:12 AM
Beautiful Fern. I'm so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful girl and she knew she was loved by you.

:love: RIP Fern and play gently at the Bridge. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
02-24-2011, 01:21 AM
Jen, I'm so sorry to hear about Fern's passing.:( I'm glad that you have many wonderful memories of her coming out of her shell. Now she's pain free and is probably playing with Jasper and many more cats. RIP sweet Fern.:( Please take care. (((HUGS)))

smokey the elder
02-24-2011, 07:22 AM
I'm so sorry about Fern. She'll be reunited with Jasper at the RB.:love:

Randi
02-24-2011, 07:54 AM
Jen, I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to Fern. :( She has had a good life with you and you made her come out of her shell eventually. Keep the good memories and know she is now painfree and getting to meet her friends at the RB.

Rest in peace, sweet Fern! :love:

((((hugs))))

catmandu
02-24-2011, 09:46 AM
This is so sad Jen to have to say Good Bye to Fern so soon after Jasper.
They are both such Great Cats and I know that Jasper and All Your Cat Angels were sitting there waiting for Fern to join them.
That is sadly the problem with having so many Cats , many who are Senior Cats , and that is that they start passing on.
I know that Fern could not have had a better home than with You and Charles, Jen and that Fern who will now be with Our Awesome Angels in Hawaii will start looking for that special place where you can be reunited in love.
One Fine Day:love:

pomtzu
02-24-2011, 10:20 AM
RIP Fern ~~~~~~~~

And peace to you Jen.

They never stay with us long enough, but their memories live with us forever. :love:

Barbara
02-24-2011, 11:25 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Fern's passing. Your story got me in tears.
Little girl, play happily at Rainbow Bridge...

Queen of Poop
02-24-2011, 12:51 PM
Farewell sweet, shy Fern. You will be missed dearly.

Hugs for you Jenn and thank you for your patience with this dear lady, letting her live her life at her pace.:love:

momoffuzzyfaces
02-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Fern, I am so sorry you had to go to the bridge way too soon. I know your little paw prints will be all over your mommys heart until you meet again. :love:

kaycountrygal
02-25-2011, 05:56 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. It is always hard when we lose a dear friend. My best to you... Kay in NC

rg_girlca
02-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Jen, I am so very sorry on the loss of your Fern. She was such a beautiful girl and so well loved. Like you said, most people would have given up on her, but not you Jen, that would never happen to any cat that comes into your home. They are all loved by you first and last.

Rest in Peace dear Fern and hope you're having fun with Jasper.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} Jen.

maerlyn
03-28-2011, 08:57 PM
I don't come here as much as I should, so I just read your thread about Fern. Unhappily, I can commiserate with you, as my beloved Merlin went to the Bridge nearly 10 years ago through CRF. Sadly, there is no recovery; once the kidneys start to go, the loss cannot be reversed. I really feel for you because I've been where you are. Our only consolation, beside the memories, is the knowledge that Fern and Merlin are gloriously alive at the Bridge, absolutely healthy and unimaginably happy. Cry for yourself, but know that your tears are for you; your beloved Fern as no need of them, and will greet you joyously one day.

Until then, you have my most sincere sympathy; the depth of your pain shows the depth of your love. May Fern's Creator help you to find peace.:love: