PDA

View Full Version : Tupperware, anyone?

finn's mom
02-22-2011, 01:00 AM
I'm looking into becoming a Tupperware consultant...does anyone here sell it? I went to a focus group to talk about a new line of Tupperware freezer products and am curious about selling it. :)

Karen
02-22-2011, 01:20 PM
I haven't heard of Tupperware in a long time! But good luck if you decide to do it, I remember various friends' parents throwing Tupperware Parties when I was growing up. There is so much available now in chain stores for plasticware, Tupperware's prices must have come down a lot to compete - I mean, you can buy freezer containers in the same aisle as the plastic bags now.

Husky_mom
02-22-2011, 04:43 PM
I was.. until I moved.. hehe..
I grew up with tuppers (as we call them).. and I remember they last sooooo long.. even my grandma had some.. and my mom still has.. over 20yrs old.. still as new..

so I plunged when I had the opportinity.. I donīt have many if at all friends.. and I didnīt sell door to door.. mainly in the family.. and yet I managed to stock myself up with over 1500 dlls worth of em..and get a few extra $..

even if I didnīt made $.. for me the plus was I got the tuppers I wanted/needed for free (and I still have quite a few still packed unused).. down side i hate when people donīt give em back or lose them.. hehe.. hence I have other cheapos for when needed..

and yeah there is more to choose from but.. for me Iīd choose a tupper which I know will last and might even get passed on in generations to come and have more economic on the side for takeouts without worrying if they donīt come back...

about freezer ones.. I looooove them.. I can freeze my meat in portions that way I only unfreeze what I need..
and for microwave awesome time savers.. lol

pomtzu
02-22-2011, 05:37 PM
I used to have quite a bit of Tupperware since my MIL was constantly giving me pieces - the old style I guess they were. They were the rage at the time (in the 60's), but I found that after a while, they got tacky and sticky feeling, and you could never get rid of it. When they got like that I would end up tossing them.. I have one of the newer pieces that I bought from a friend about 10 years ago - it's a bowl that has a vent in the cover so that you can nuke in it without partially opening the whole cover to vent. It's a hard smoke gray plastic and not flexible like the old storage bowls. I haven't seen a T'ware book in years, so I don't even know what they carry anymore.

My new fav tho, is the Lock & Lock storage system and QVC has a huge range of sets and individual pieces to choose from. You can't beat these - I love 'em!

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-23-2011, 12:04 PM
I've organised 3 parties in my house a few years ago.
But now I always go once per year to buy some extra stuff! It is expensive yes, but the quality is super!!!!

Asiel
02-23-2011, 08:08 PM
I have a drawerfeull from the old days myself. Some have gotten tossed for the same reason Pomtzu has mentioned but most are still used daily. Love them for leftovers. And the fact that you can toss them in the freezer comes in handy also. I still have the celery container they had in those days and it's still doing a great job of keeping the celery fresh. I didn't even know they still had Tupperware parties.

Freedom
02-23-2011, 08:12 PM
I think it is great for folks w/ children.

I don't use plastic. I have lots of Pyrex!

Husky_mom
02-23-2011, 09:20 PM
oh.. glass is a big no-no in my house.. not because of the kids I might add.. lol :p

glass seems to break if I only see it.. lol

there are so many lovely plates and cups for kids.. i loved mine while growing up.. now my kid has his ;).. actually they both have.. lol..

not sure if here n there are the same "lines".. but now they are quite modern in colors n style..

finn's mom
02-23-2011, 11:14 PM
I grew up with Tupperware for sure...and although I prefer glass, I do like a lot of the items they now offer! I got a catalog and am pretty much salivating over it haha. I didn't realize they still created new products, let alone have parties! I'm still considering it. Gotta get some money together to start up, but I think I'll like it.