PDA

View Full Version : Overstock.com

pomtzu
02-20-2011, 11:01 AM
Does anyone here like this site? Frankly, I think they should rename it - Overpriced.com!

I received a gift card for Christmas to them, and I'll be darned if I can find anything on there of interest to me, that I can't find for less money at local stores. Maybe it's just the categories I'm looking at, but their prices are ridiculous! :eek:

Anyone else find this to be true?? - or is it just cheapo me??? :confused::p

Freedom
02-20-2011, 11:47 AM
I look at it now and again not daily like I do ebay, lol.

Seems the really good deals are sold out when I check them. They had an awesome comforter deal on Dec 23d, but the Full and Queen (I would take either) were gone, only Twin and King were left.

Do you also check dog beds on there? Just a thought.

pomtzu
02-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Actually Sandie - I was looking at bedding too - sheet sets in particular. I did find a couple reasonably priced that I am keeping in mind. I like printed sheets rather than solid, and they are more difficult to find to start with. I was also looking at hair dryers - now talk about ridiculous.......$100+??? I think not. I'll go to Walmart and get a good one for under $20!

Dog beds, huh??? Probably not, since there are already 4 of them for 2 dogs. And no - I'm not getting 2 more dogs!!! :p:D

Alysser
02-20-2011, 12:45 PM
Those computers look really decently priced, although they suck (they're dells) and they are refurbished. Actually alot of the electronics are refurbished :confused: even the Ipods, that's really odd. The refurbished 4th generation one is only $70 cheaper than a brand new one. I would rather just buy a new one on Amazon..

I don't think I'd buy anything off there. It does seem a little overpriced.