PDA

View Full Version : Poppaea is here now too - PICTURES, #9!

phesina
02-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Well, I made my trip to Dexter this morning.. left my camera equipment at the store to be evaluated, then spent a delightful hour chatting with Gretchen at the coffee-&-tea shop next door. Then I picked up Poppaea on the way home.

Yes, she's here! I put her in the bathroom with Lavinia at first, but she is out already. Nobody seems fazed by her (though I don't think Bob has encountered her yet - he might get even crankier about yet another new one). I think she's easier blending in than Lavinia because she's nowhere near as active and in-your-face (and in-your-food) as Vinny is. She's quite easy-going and mellow.

Just before I came to the computer to go on line, I was sitting on the couch. Poppaea came over and got up into my lap and started making biscuits on my chest! I think she knows she's home at last. :love::love::love:

I'm starting to think maybe I'll change her name (perhaps to Sabina [the original Poppaea's second name].. ?). Gretchen mentioned that Poppaea and Poppy might get a little confusing. And I'm already calling Lavinia Vinny for short, but I can hardly call Poppaea Poppy for short!

I just took some pictures of her. She's another one who can tell when the flash is about to go off and shuts her eyes just in time. I got a few with slight squints, even narrower than Lavinia's. I'll upload some probably tomorrow and post them.

Pat

Freedom
02-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Oh Pat, I think it is grand that you have Poppaea and Vinny too. ;)

Medusa
02-19-2011, 06:37 AM
What a kind soul you are, Pat. :)

catmandu
02-19-2011, 09:37 AM
Two New Arrivals Pat!
I have a feeling that that calls for a Few AWA Mice in the mail. I think that Scrappy Two and Her Friends will insist on sharing their allopwance money, a small gesture considering that you have saved Two Little Cats!!!
:love::love:
God Bless You Pat for caring:cool::cool:

phesina
02-19-2011, 09:48 AM
I started trimming her nails this morning and discovered that some of them are so long and thick they are curving around to the paw pads.. one (at least) into the pad. Now, that's something that the vet should take care of, isn't it?

Pinot's Mom
02-19-2011, 10:11 AM
YES, a vet needs to see those paws!

Welcome Poppaea and bless you, Pat. :D

phesina
02-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Yes, I found a second one that's ingrown. Those must be painful for her to walk on, and sooner or later I think they'd get infected.

She has an appointment now for Monday afternoon.

rg_girlca
02-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Phesina, I read the story on these two and the others. Bless you for welcoming these two into your home. I can't wait to see pictures of Poppaea. I'm sure she is just as beautiful as Lavinia. I'm sure she will feel much better once her paws are taken care of.

phesina
02-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Here are some pictures of sweet little Poppaea. As you will see, she is even better than Lavinia at shutting her eyes just as the flash goes off.

This picture is rather dark, but I haven't been able to figure out how to lighten it.
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=126&pictureid=3775

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=126&pictureid=3776

Look at her cute little two-toned pawsie here!
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=126&pictureid=3777

Freedom
02-19-2011, 04:35 PM
"Hey New HuMom, that thar dish is EMPTY!" :D

Oh she is a darling gray and white, isn't she?! That is a cute pawsie. Thanks for posting these photos.

Laura's Babies
02-19-2011, 06:52 PM
I adore that faint white spot on her face. That is just adoreable and so it that smudge on her paw.. She is just lovely! I know you are going to enjoy them both and they are going to love being there once they settle in.

phesina
02-19-2011, 07:29 PM
"Hey New HuMom, that thar dish is EMPTY!" :D

Oh she is a darling gray and white, isn't she?! That is a cute pawsie. Thanks for posting these photos.

Actually, the dish isn't empty; it's got WATER in it. She drinks a lot, so I keep putting more in.

That's something else I'm going to run by the vet when we go in on Monday for her pedicure. She's dehydrated some, and I'm going to find out if she should get fluids (Lavinia too).

Karen
02-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Hmmmmm, she sure looks like she's related to Miss Edwina, don'cha think?

Husky_mom
02-19-2011, 07:54 PM
what a cutie!!!

maybe itīs just me.. but her name sound like Papaya to me.. I think itīs cute..;)

here you can try to lighten the pic..
Photoshop express.. free and online ;)
http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=166205

cassiesmom
02-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Awww, hello, Poppaea and welcome! You are beautiful! I'm so sorry to read about your claws and I'm glad you have an appointment for a mani/pedi. That will make it easier for meowmie to care for them in future.

momcat
02-19-2011, 10:43 PM
What an irresistable little sweetheart! Welcome to PT Poppaea, you couldn't possibly find a better furever home. I can't wait to hear more about you and see more pictures. Sending you loads of "welcome" scritchies and lovies :love:

phesina
02-20-2011, 06:33 AM
what a cutie!!!

maybe itīs just me.. but her name sound like Papaya to me.. I think itīs cute..;)

here you can try to lighten the pic..
Photoshop express.. free and online ;)
http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=166205

Yup, it sounds just like Papaya! In fact, when I told my sister about her, I said she's named NOT for the tropical fruit but for the ancient Roman character.

I think her name is going to be Poppaea Sabina officially, just like her namesake. Then I can call her Sabina, or Beanie (Bini?) for short. Poppaea is too close to Poppy, and I already have one of those: http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=126&pictureid=1049

Thanks for the Photoshop Express info. I will give that a try. I use a photo application called IrfanView, and I haven't been able to figure out how to lighten these last two bunches. Seems to me I did it in the past with IrfanView, and I don't know why I'm not figuring out now.

phesina
02-20-2011, 06:34 AM
Hmmmmm, she sure looks like she's related to Miss Edwina, don'cha think?

Yes, she sure does have that Edwina look to her, doesn't she? I wonder if she also has Edwina's fashion sense.

Medusa
02-20-2011, 06:35 AM
Aw, the little sweetie. :love:

catmandu
02-20-2011, 08:01 AM
That was the very first thing taht I thought Pat was that Poppaea has the Juke Joint Joseph and HH Lady Edwina Rose look to her.:cool::cool:
And how kind of you to take Two Mature Cats in, as they are usually ignored for Kittens.:cool::cool:
God Bless You, and we know All Of Our Angels are coming with Hawaiin Treats for You All.:love::love::love:

Edwina's Secretary
02-20-2011, 01:17 PM
Dear Ms. Phesina:

I see once again there has been a naming confusion! You have given Eloise the strange name of "Poppaea." But tell her she can rest assured...at Cat Convention she will be known by her "correct" name.

With best regards,

Edwina/es

p.s. She is, of course, a GORGEOUS GRAY! I recommend pink.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/love.jpg

phesina
02-20-2011, 02:15 PM
Dear Miss Edwina, thank you for the fashion tip. That pink ruff is gorgeous! I told Meowmie to go get me one of these TOMORROW!

I'd insist she go today, but lots and lots of pretty white bits are falling from the sky and she said she won't drive in them.

When is Cat Convention? I can't wait to attend!!!!!

Yours purringly,

Poppaea Sabina Eloise (? One of my sisters at the house I used to live in is named Eloise, and she isn't me! She is a cream-colored Himalayan.)

krazyaboutkatz
02-20-2011, 04:42 PM
She's such a gorgeous cat.:) Thanks so much for being able to add her to your family too. I hope that her vet visit will go well. I'm sure she'll feel so much better after her long nails are trimmed.:)

momoffuzzyfaces
02-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Winnie and I both think she is gorgeous!!! :love::love:

Edwina's Secretary
02-20-2011, 07:15 PM
Dear Ms. Poppaea,

Perhaps I misunderstood your real cat name. Is it Eugenia? Like the English princess...

I will let you know of the next Cat Convention. It is best not to let the humans know too much of these things.

Yours in all thing gray and white...

Edwina/es

cassiesmom
02-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Poppaea Sabina Eugenia, good evening, beautiful lady! You do have the Lady Edwina, Sir Eduardo, Juke Joint Joseph, Winnie grey and white kitty colors!! I hope your paws will feel much better after the doctor takes care of them. That will make them easier for your mum to trim next time, too. I think pink would be a lovely color for you!

phesina
02-21-2011, 10:23 AM
Yes, I think I am Princess Poppaea Sabina Eugenia!

I'm off to the Nail Spa this afternoon. Maybe after they trim the big ones, they'll do pretty colors (LOTS of pink!)with cute little pictures on them!

Love from The Princess

happylabs
02-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Oh pretty gray and white kitty. She looks so soft and sweet. :)

lvpets2002
02-21-2011, 12:51 PM
:love: Congrats Poppaea on your new Furrever Home.. You are so Stunning with Beauty..

cassiesmom
02-21-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm just checking in here for an update- Phesina, how did Princess Poppaea Sabina Eugenia do at the vet? I bet her claws look much better now and I bet they feel better too!

I forgot to say I LOVE the photo of Poppy! What a sweet upside-down kitty! Kisses to ALL your kitties!

phesina
02-21-2011, 02:52 PM
I took the princess to the vet's this afternoon. She had FOUR ingrown nails, two of them (the ones I'd seen) quite deep into the pads and the other two just the tips puncturing the skin. I bet that feels MUCH better not having those there any more!

Grace
02-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Make sure you tell the pr*ck all the gory details. Make him feel VERY guilty :D

Bless you, Pat, for caring for the Princess.

cassiesmom
02-21-2011, 06:42 PM
A candle for Lavinia and Poppaea...
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=12733212

dehlers43
02-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Chelsea wants me to welcome the newest Princess in the Royal PT Court, the divine Princess PSE.....:love:
Purrs from your friend, PCP - aka Princess Chelsea Pearl.

PS - What is your favorite color for sunglasses??????

phesina
02-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Dear Chelsea, the Princess says: Since we will soon be celebrating St. Patrick's Day, some green sunglasses would be just the ticket!

phesina
02-21-2011, 09:02 PM
A candle for Lavinia and Poppaea...
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=12733212

Thank you so much for the candle for us!
Love :love::love::love: from Lavinia and Princess Poppaea Sabina Eugenia

phesina
02-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Make sure you tell the pr*ck all the gory details. Make him feel VERY guilty :D

Bless you, Pat, for caring for the Princess.

We will definitely be informing him!

Edwina's Secretary
02-21-2011, 09:48 PM
Dear Chelsea, the Princess says: Since we will soon be celebrating St. Patrick's Day, some green sunglasses would be just the ticket!

Not a hat?

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/Olympics/HappyStPatricksDay-cropped.jpg

Celticly,

Edwina/es

phesina
02-22-2011, 04:38 AM
AND a hat!

Your sister in grey, white, and green,
Princess Poppaea Sabina Eugenia

cassiesmom
02-22-2011, 08:31 PM
Dear Poppaea, how are your paws today? I like your left front paw that has the grey mark on it!

lvpets2002
02-23-2011, 12:32 PM
:p Ok Here is the Green Sunglasses

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/bogart2009/1261850105greensunglass.jpg

phesina
02-23-2011, 12:50 PM
I think her little pawsies are feeling better already. I got a look at the two that had been punctured rather deeply by the nails. Each still has the recessed area where the nail had been pushing into it, but at least they're no longer bloody and there's nothing sharp pushing in on her toesies when she walks. And the other two don't have anything sharp pushing on them trying to break through.

She seems to be exploring a bit more than before! What a good girl she is.. just as sweet as can be.

lvpets2002
02-23-2011, 12:55 PM
:) Did you see your Green Sunglasses in Post 41?? I am so glad the baby's paw pads are doing much better & she is feeling lots better too..

smokey the elder
02-23-2011, 01:54 PM
She is such a pretty kitty!

phesina
02-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Yes, she LOOOOOOOVES the green sunglasses! Lavinia wants a pair too.

cassiesmom
02-23-2011, 02:30 PM
Here is a pair for Lavinia -- Cassie wants to know if the kitties think these will go with her grey coat.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9m5UuCvSrrwBVgicocVqNuEJz09BLe zXZEym28kAOA4VUXJKX

phesina
02-23-2011, 08:39 PM
Oh, thank you, Cassie!

Now both girls have their green sunglasses!

cassiesmom
02-25-2011, 09:58 PM
from the last trip to NYC... "Wicked" Emerald City glasses

http://www.wickedthemusicalstore.com/images/products/Emerald%20City%20Collection/Souvenirs/33-glasses-med.jpg

phesina
02-26-2011, 06:54 AM
Thank you, Cassie.. It's always good to have a backup set!

Love from Lavinia and Poppaea Sabina Eugenia