PDA

View Full Version : Winnie went on a Rampage this afternoon

momoffuzzyfaces
02-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Winnie had her knickers in a twit over something earlier. I was outside taking my trash out. It took over half an hour because there is still lots of snow and I had been just putting it on the back porch. Once I got my foot steps out in the snow, I could walk back in them and made a path so it wasn't bad. Just had to make sure one foot was firmly planted before I moved the next one. Got to be really carefull not to fall. I can't get back up unless I can pull myself up on something. Anyway:

I saw my door blinds suddenly break in two in a couple of spots while I was out side. I couldn't hurry to get inside though because I didn't want to fall.

When I finally got inside, Winnie was hissing and growling and slapping Chip and Chuck. She was trying to kill them it looked like. She even hissed and growled at me!!! It was like the old Winnie from H''l was back. Angel and Chester were in the front part of the house. Chester standing right outside the door seperating him and Angel from Winnie, Chuck, and Chip and was yowling his head off. I'm sure that didn't help. His yowl makes me want to tear my hair out sometimes too.

Anyway, I managed to grab Chuck and stuff him through the door into the front part of the house with Chester and Angel. So, Winnie started stalking Chip. I finally got hold of him and put him in his carrier. So he was safe.

Of course, Chester had his big mouth open still yelling when I came into the part of the house where he was. He ran into the kitchen where Winnie was when I opened the door.

She goes after him a lot, usually just a slap or two but she does chase him around some but not like she was doing today. So I had to go and try and catch him before she did again. I finally got him and we are all stayed in the front part of the house for a while and left her in the kitchen. Well, Chip was in there too but she couldn't get at him because he was in his carrier.

She did calm down enough to let me pet her a bit ago.
I have no clue as to what started all that. Maybe she saw a cat outside. The one that looks like Angel still comes around. Or maybe she can smell the boy cats from outside. They spray the house and had sprayed the trash bags. I know my slacks smelled.

I kept everyone seperated while I went and took a shower and changed clothes. Everyone has been free and mingling in all the rooms except the bathroom and bedroom. Those are off limits to them. Well, Grandma does live in the bedroom during the day. Winnie and Angel both try and fight with her. She doesn't need that at her age.

Winnie frightened poor Chip so bad he wet on the floor. I hope she doesn't make a habit of this. She's acting like my usual sweet Winnie now. Letting me love her up and even rub her tummy. I thought at one time earlier, she would bite me but she didn't.

Have any of your babies ever gone bonkers like this? :love:

krazyaboutkatz
02-13-2011, 05:53 PM
I'm sorry to hear that this happened.:( It does sound like maybe she may have smelled something that she didn't like or maybe she just wanted to put everyone in their place. Hopefully it won't happen again.

To answer your question a big yes. It's usually one of my girls. I've found that the females are much more territorial than my males. Pearl still thinks that my bedroom/bathroom area is her territory and since Ziggy has been spending most of her time out in the kitchen/living room/dining room area she now thinks that this is her territory. Ziggy will fight with Pearl and she's even been attacking poor Sky lately. She's constantly hissing and growling at Alani & Blaze even though I've seen her play with them. She won't go after Storm though because she's afraid of him. Storm will go after her though and he loves to terrorize her.

Pearl's been attacking Storm a lot more lately. She'll start boxing him with her paws and he'll usually just sit there and try to hide his head so he doesn't get slapped. Pearl and Sky fight like typical siblings but then the next minute they're licking each other and cuddling. I've just gotten used to the idea that they won't ever all get along all of the time. I'm just lucky that there's no bloodshed and that most of the time there's peace. Good luck with your furkids.:)

Freedom
02-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Winnie, that sweet fluffy gray face with the white smudge on the nose, she terrorized the whole house?! WOW . . . .

momcat
02-13-2011, 08:13 PM
Oh Winnie, what was bothering you so much? Do you feel better now? Try to relax, sweetie. I hope whatever made you so upset is gone forever. Sending you some lovies to help you relax again. :love:

kuhio98
02-13-2011, 11:09 PM
Maybe it's the phase of the moon? Or maybe they are just sick and tired of winter?

Pepper went on a rampage this morning and flayed my palm and wrist open. :(
Willow went after Cammie, Willy and Pepper today.
Cammie hissed back. Willy just looked hurt. Pepper smacked the crap out of Willow who then backed down. :(

Like Winnie, ours are back to their sweet selves. :confused:

pomtzu
02-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Cabin fever maybe??? Even if they never go outside, in the nicer weather they get all the smells from the great outdoors when the windows can finally be open. I don't think these long winter days agree with most of us, be it human, meower, or woofer - unless of course the cold and snow is something that we're born with and it's just in our blood! :p

Hoping that peace has been restored to "Winnie's World" for now anyway. She's just too darn pretty to be raising h3ll! :love:

Catty1
02-14-2011, 09:30 AM
Winnie can be very protective of Angel...did she maybe think Angel was being ganged up on?

Hope all is peaceful from now on.:)

cassiesmom
02-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Winnie, my goodness! I'm with Momcat -- I hope whatever went wrong in your world is long gone.

Pinot's Mom
02-14-2011, 12:01 PM
I think Spring is approaching and they're getting restless....

momoffuzzyfaces
02-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Winnie is back to her sweet cuddly self today. She even gave Chip a head kiss a bit ago. She has been sniffing around the back door a lot lately. I'm thinking she saw that other cat and since I was out side so long, just got cheesed off.

Maybe she was afraid I'd be bringing another cat in the house. She need not worry!!! We are full up.

Angel was in another part of the house at the time, so I know she wasn't protecting her. She even smacks Angel sometimes.

I guess everyone is entitled to a fit once in a while but I hope that evil Winnie stays gone. :love:

phesina
02-14-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm glad to read that that frenzy is done with.

Don't worry, Miss Winnie, your Meowmie loves you very much and is not going to replace you or misplace you. :love::love::love::love::love:

catmandu
02-14-2011, 06:36 PM
I have a feeling that there may be the scent of an intact male out there and Winnie is reacting to that.:eek:
It does not have to be close as that scent carries:eek:
We are glad that Winnie is calmed down now:love: