PDA

View Full Version : Facebook rant...

moosmom
02-13-2011, 07:04 AM
I effing HATE Facebook. I've tried EVERYTHING and nothing is working. There's no one to contact for help, I can't even set up a new account. I'm SOOOOOO freaking pi$$ed right now!!!

FB has succeeded in putting me in a very foul mood!!!:mad::mad:

Can anyone else help me? I'm at my wits end!!!

Update: I've used up my attempts. I'll try again tomorrow. *hrumph!!!* :mad:

Medusa
02-13-2011, 06:14 PM
Donna, I got your text about your account being hacked. When that happened to me, I emailed FB and they got back to me in a couple of days. (I know, frustrating.) They insisted that I open a new email address in Yahoo and they gave me a new password. That's probably what they'll tell you to do. I'm sorry this has happened. It made me crazy, too, especially when there is no phone number and they offer no assistance whatsoever other than telling you to open a new email account. They have a whole book to learn about customer service.

moosmom
02-14-2011, 06:39 AM
I emailed them after doing what they emailed told me to do. They asked me to explain what whats going on. I told them I do not want to have to re-friend everyone. We'll see what happens.

Medusa
02-14-2011, 06:57 AM
You won't have to refriend everyone.

momcat
02-14-2011, 07:33 AM
Donna, now you know why I told you I can't be bothered with this Face Book bs. Hope those idiots can work things out for you.

pomtzu
02-14-2011, 08:03 AM
Donna, now you know why I told you I can't be bothered with this Face Book bs. Hope those idiots can work things out for you.

ditto ditto ditto :p

I couldn't agree with you more. Eileen! :p:D Both of my phones, and emails, are enough for me. :)

Twisterdog
02-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Agreed ... I have no desire to ever have a facebook account, never have, never will. I do NOT see the appeal whatsoever.

Good luck straightening it out.

phesina
02-14-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm another member of the no-facebook-ever crowd!.. NOOOOO thanks, I can blow away enough time on line already..

Cataholic
02-15-2011, 10:15 AM
FB is what you make of it. I use it for rescue work, and find it quite invaluable. I can post out pleas, follow DDB (Dogs deserve Better), and other rescue minded sites, to add my voice to the cause. I can participate in a chip in, and arrange a chip in, which takes a financial load off of any one person's mind. I can immediately send a message to many, many people, and then they send it on, and it makes a difference.

I use things as they work for me. Like a microwave, a cell phone, a computer, my email....as long as it is working for me, and not me working for it, it works. :) I try not to objectify inanimate objects.

Catty1
02-15-2011, 10:23 AM
I hear you, Johanna.

It's just a communications tool for me. I don't bother with the games, and it was and is a great way to stay in touch with family, as when my aunt was so ill with cancer.

Keeping it simple helps, I think.