PDA

View Full Version : The great Zippy still surprises me

LMigliore
02-12-2011, 09:47 PM
My wonderful Zippy (COTD July 14, 2001) is now a senior cat, and not quite as zippy as he once was. He walks at a more deliberate pace and is never seen on the ceiling beams anymore.

But he's as smart as he ever was. He's a Silicon Valley cat, born in the shadow of Intel and would have been a great hacker if he was able to type.

I have this electric piano I take when I go to play music. I had it set up in the house because I thought it sounded funny the last time I used it.

I was beating on the piano when Zippy walked onto the keyboard (normal cat/piano behavior). What happened next, though, was quite remarkable.

Zippy started playing a Rachmaninoff prelude. Pretty good too.

This really distressed me. We like to keep the Rachmaninoff on the human side, and cats really shouldn't be in this business.

Well, what happened is that, being an electric piano, the thing had a lot of performances stored in it. Zippy pressed a "play" button and the piano started playing.

But I was so shocked that I still haven't recovered.

Prairie Purrs
02-12-2011, 10:23 PM
:D:D:D

Bravo, Zippy! Such talent!

kitten645
02-13-2011, 07:08 AM
Zippy you are a talented fuzzball and that's all there is to that. Please continue your musical endevours. Your talent will be heard! Bravo and standing ovation! Damn opposable thumb!:love:

chocolatepuppy
02-13-2011, 08:04 AM
Zippy is a gorgeous kitty!:love:

Freedom
02-13-2011, 08:16 AM
Thanks for including photos, Zippy is such a fluffy handsome fella!

That is SO funny, I can just imagine that initial impact, the thoughts rushing through your head, ha hahaaa. Thanks for sharing, GREAT kitty story!

catmandu
02-13-2011, 09:26 AM
You never know, perhaps Zippy has been practicing!!
There is a great call for Musical Cats in Las Vegas where Juke Joint Joseph has finally opened top SRO Crowds!!!
http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy113/pocoloco_2009/kitty%20witties/2672f347.jpg
Zippy can be on the bill anytime:love::love::love:

cassiesmom
02-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Yay, Zippy! You are talented and beautiful!

phesina
02-13-2011, 07:09 PM
Not only gorgeous, but gifted!

kaycountrygal
02-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Hello, Your Zippy is very talented (smile) and such a pretty cat. Kay in NC