PDA

View Full Version : Chatting with Chester

momoffuzzyfaces
02-12-2011, 12:53 PM
My Chester has always been a talker but lately he has taken it to a new art form. I must here his opinion on everything. Our conversations go something like this:

murrrow?

No, Chester, you can't have/do that!

rrrwow?

Because I said so, that's why!

MMMMRRRROOOOOWWWW!!!

I am so the Boss of you!!!!

MMMUUURRRROOOOWWWW!!!

Because you live under my roof so it's my rules!!!

murfff!!!!

He usually stomps off for a while then.

Soon he comes running back in with:

MEEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWW MURRRFFFF MURRRFFFF!!! which usually means: just wait until you see what Chip is doing NOW!!! HEE HEE!!! :D:love::love:

cassiesmom
02-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Awww, Chester! I'd love to have a conversation with you! Cassie and I usually have a short conversation when I come home from work...

Murp?
Hi, Cassie, I am happy to be home with you, too!
Murrp murrp!
Yes, I know you are hungry; just let me take off my coat, wash my hands and I will feed you.
Mrrow!
I am hurrying. Hold on a second.
Rrrp.
I'll meet you in the kitchen. You have to wait for me because I'm the one with the opposable thumbs.
Murr.
Yes, I know it's not Fancy Feast. Eat it anyway.

catmandu
02-12-2011, 02:23 PM
I have long talk with My Found Cats, usually about food , and whether I can turn the heat up a few more degrees.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
And what is that in the oven, Dad:cool:
Can we have some , MEEEOW!!:cool:
I always say yes, and we are all happy:love::love::love:

smokey the elder
02-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Diamond will sit by the kibble bowl and meow at me. Even if it's full! I say, "You have food in your bowl, now shut up!" and she'll give me a bunch of sass!:p

Pinot's Mom
02-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Many would think I'm certifiable, I have whole conversations with Pinot about her activities. I think it's perfectly normal. :)

katladyd
02-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Ming is the more talkative of my two. When you are just relaxing he will decide to have those conversations with you that only a Siamese can have. It's adorable to hear this tiny little voice come out of such a large kitty! Mac will talk to you when he wants treats and that's all.

Trinityagain
02-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Zingo and I have conversations every morning when I'm about to get into the shower. There are times when he sounds positively annoyed about something...always makes me giggle...and at 4:30 in the morning...I need to giggle!

cassiesmom
02-16-2011, 02:16 PM
Hi, Chester, sweet blackie guy! Have you had any more interesting talks with your loving meowmie lately? Do you tell her about everything the little ones are up to? And how much you keep them in line! Could you please have meowmie give you -- and Grandma, Winnie, Angel, Chuck and Chip -- some petting and lovies for me?

Your admiring fan,
Elyse

lvpets2002
02-16-2011, 04:02 PM
:) Yup all of that meowmurroowww does sound just like my babies at the house.. MMmmm Connie you sound just like me answering back to them too..:D

cassiesmom
03-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Dear Chester, I was just wondering if you and meowmie are still having such interesting conversations? I like the little "murp?" sound Cassie makes, and it now reminds me of you!

Catty1
03-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Smokey, my Oscar will do that too...usually after he has had a helping and there is still food in his bowl. What he wants is to be patted and stroked and then he will start eating AND purring! lol

momoffuzzyfaces
03-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Dear Chester, I was just wondering if you and meowmie are still having such interesting conversations? I like the little "murp?" sound Cassie makes, and it now reminds me of you!
Oh, yes! He has pointed out every robin he has noticed in the yard. I tell him he can not possibly be seeing them at 4 in the morning but he is sure he does. :D

happylabs
03-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Oh, yes! He has pointed out every robin he has noticed in the yard. I tell him he can not possibly be seeing them at 4 in the morning but he is sure he does. :D

Such a cute post. He probably can see the birdies at that hour. That is about the time they are getting up and stretch their little beaks out of their nests and contemplating getting food for their little ones. :D

I do love talky kitties. Buddy is a talker. Lately Mama is just always calling me out to the kitchen for some reason. I come out and she just meows, meows and meows. I haven't figured out what she wants yet. This has been going on for a couple weeks.

Freedom
03-11-2011, 02:27 PM
What a fun thread!

Chestnut is sass back guy. He will do whatever I ask (get down, get off, stop doing that) but a stream of sass always follows. :D

Sparkle lets me know when she and the other cats needs food in the bowl. Seems they want "fresh kill" -- if the kibble is more than 6 hours old, it is inedible. :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
03-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Chester just will not allow you to ignore him. Just try and he gets louder and louder until he's yelling at me!!! :eek:

Miss Angel is the one who really sasses me back though. I tell her no and she goes ack ack ack back at me. How did I lose control? :D :love:

kaycountrygal
03-11-2011, 05:50 PM
LOL I enjoyed the comments of everyone. My Luke doesnt talk much. Of course, he meows for food and when he wants to go outside. He's not much of a talker otherwise. He hisses at me often when I want him to move or go out or do anything he doesnt want to do. Never had a hisser until Luke. I had a full blooded Siamese many years ago and he talked to me. ... Kay in NC

cassiesmom
03-15-2011, 06:41 PM
Guess what, Chester and meowmie? Cassie and I had a conversation this morning! I was so proud of her! She doesn't usually talk in the morning.
Cassie: Mrrow
Me: Someone wants breakfast.
Cassie: Murp
Sometimes she gives my ankle a head bonk when I am putting food in her dish. That's how I know I'm doing what she wants. It's getting light out earlier, so pretty soon she will be aak aaking at the birds again.

How are you, and Chuck and Chip? How are Angel Rose and Winnie? How is Grandma, is she still helping you to supervise all of the young ones? Could you have meowmie pet you for me, please.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Guess what, Chester and meowmie? Cassie and I had a conversation this morning! I was so proud of her! She doesn't usually talk in the morning.
Cassie: Mrrow
Me: Someone wants breakfast.
Cassie: Murp
Sometimes she gives my ankle a head bonk when I am putting food in her dish. That's how I know I'm doing what she wants. It's getting light out earlier, so pretty soon she will be aak aaking at the birds again.

How are you, and Chuck and Chip? How are Angel Rose and Winnie? How is Grandma, is she still helping you to supervise all of the young ones? Could you have meowmie pet you for me, please.

They are all fine. The babies are looking forward to their very first birthday next month. Grandma just stays in the bedroom. She tells me, "you brought them inside, you take care of them". :D She is 16 now so she is allowed some peace and quiet. :D :love: