PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having problems with Facebook??

moosmom
02-12-2011, 05:59 AM
I try to sign in and it won't bring me into the Facebook page. All I get is another sign in page asking me for my FB name and password. It's driving me NUTS!!!

Anyone else having this problem? I've emailed them. I even called the customer service phone number listed. There IS no such thing as Customer Service at Facebook. So now I'm stuck. I can't do in and check it. I don't want to create another account because all my friends are on my original fb.

Can anyone help me???

aTailOf2Kitties
02-12-2011, 06:41 AM
I was already logged in, so I logged out and it's doing the same to me trying to get back in.

Medusa
02-12-2011, 06:49 AM
You probably were hacked, Donna. The same thing happened to me. I had to create a new password and that got me in but when I logged out, I wasn't able to get in again so FB had to handle it. It's frustrating, I know. You have to email FB and they handle it that way. No customer service. Change your passwords on any online accounts for safety.

aTailOf2Kitties
02-12-2011, 06:59 AM
then why's it doing it to me too? I logged out and didn't even navigate away from facebook before trying to log back in. Still nothing. Oh yeah the page I'm logging in at is https so it's a secure page, right?

Medusa
02-12-2011, 07:01 AM
then why's it doing it to me too? I logged out and didn't even navigate away from facebook before trying to log back in. Still nothing. Oh yeah the page I'm logging in at is https so it's a secure page, right?

Hmmm, I don't know. A friend and I were both hacked at the same time. We both had the same problem.

happylabs
02-12-2011, 07:38 AM
I never sign out of my FB account since I am the only one using this laptop at home. I am not having that problem, but a different problem

FB is constantly telling me I have new notifications. When I click on it to see what they are, they will be things from last week or wednesday or days ago. Then this morning it said I had a new email. Clicked on it and there was nothing new there. About 5 minutes later I was able to view the new email. It is frustrating.

Medusa
02-12-2011, 07:56 AM
I was told that it's easier to hack an account if you don't sign out so I now sign out every night. Whether or not that's true, I don't know but it gives me a little peace of mind.

FB is very frustrating. There were comments from various people that showed up on one thread from another thread that was posted days ago. That's what makes me think hackers are having fun or someone at FB is.

kittycats_delight
02-12-2011, 08:16 AM
FB is doing more upgrades so when that happens there are always major problems for some folks. It can be a royal pain in the patootie. Once they get the bugs worked out then there won't be any major problem. The biggest issue is in the past it has taken them upto a month to fix all major glitches. I really don't know what to tell you besides to clear history, cache, cookies etc and then reboot your browser and try to sign in again. Good luck.

pomtzu
02-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Yikes - is all that hassle really worth it? :confused::eek: I tried FB for about 6 months - it showed me nothing at all - so I closed my account. After I hear and read about all the hassle and worry that it causes so many people, then I'm certainly glad I did! :p:D

Scooter's Mom
02-12-2011, 10:15 AM
I haven't had any issues with FB.

I love facebook. Since I live 1200+ miles away from all of my family, it really helps us keep in touch. It helps me keep in touch with all the people I have had in my life who were important - my first friend, my 2nd friend too - I made these friends when I was only 3, so having the ability to keep them in my life is wonderful.

Hope you get your fb issues resolved!

dab_20
02-12-2011, 11:29 AM
There are some issues with FB for me currently. I'm already logged in so it just won't show me statuses or certain pages. It looks like their doing some new updates with how photos show when you click on them?

I would just wait till later in the day or tomorrow to sign in. It could just be a glich.

moosmom
02-12-2011, 04:01 PM
It's telling me I need to enable Java Script. I have no clue where to find it. Anybody wanna help me, PLEEEEEASE!!!!!!!

sasvermont
02-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Donna,

See if this helps you.

:love:

http://www.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=23852
L,
SAS

Alysser
02-12-2011, 04:21 PM
What browser are you using? That could be the problem. Although I have found Facebook is always glitchy.

Karen
02-12-2011, 07:29 PM
It's just been slow, but okay. It let me log in, and log out.

moosmom
02-13-2011, 05:35 AM
Karen,

Nothing is working. I tried enabling script and it still keeps asking me for my screen name and password. This is so DAMN frustrating.

Karen
02-13-2011, 08:37 AM
Try restarting your browser and clearing you cache entirely, see if that helps.

aTailOf2Kitties
02-13-2011, 09:12 AM
I ended up resetting my password and it worked fine for me after that.