PDA

View Full Version : Lavinia is here: PICTURES, post #7!

phesina
02-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Remember my posting about trying to find new homes for 11 of Simon's 12 cats (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=165890&).. the ones from the Christmas Eve fire where I was the petsitter (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=165178)..

Well, guess who is here now being fostered or maybe even permanently! - Lavinia! She's a Siamese with kind of a fluffy coat (which mats easily and is somewhat matted all the time.. I'm working on that now) - I don't know if that's a different breed or just a variation. She's somewhere in her mid to late teens.

She's the one who went to the E.R. for the night of the fire.. She had all kinds of things going on as it was, so she was brought back by them to basic maintenance level.

When I came to get her on Tuesday, she was sneezing quite a bit, so I took her to Simon's vet to check for a URI. I didn't want my other five cats to get it if she had one.

She's been doing fine here. I've kept her apart from the others for the meds course, but I let her out to explore some today. Bob and Elmer both hissed and growled, but the others just watched her, and she was totally unfazed by them.

I don't have any photos of her yet, but I will soon.

More later..

Anikaca77
02-11-2011, 03:39 PM
WELCOME Lavinia!!! I'm so glad she is with you! She couldn't ask for a better caretaker or mom!

Melissa

lvpets2002
02-11-2011, 04:27 PM
:love: Welcome Lavinia to your new Furrever Home.. You will just love it there with your new meowmom.. Congrats Pat & Lavinia..

Freedom
02-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Welcome Lavinia!

Sounds like a lovely lady, I look forward to seeing her photos!

catmandu
02-11-2011, 05:19 PM
http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy286/pouncer2scrappy/ClassicCats512.jpg
What a Lucky Cat You are Laviana to find a home with Our Aunt Pat!!!
You certainly could not have found a better FurreVer Home.
I know My Sydney will be nice to You!!!:love::love:
Con Cat Ulations from All Of Us at The Found Cat Hotel:love::love::love:

Laura's Babies
02-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Welcome Lavinia!!!!

I know you are lovely without seeing you but still.... I can't wait to see your pictures! Settle in and please try to be a happy healthy girl..

phesina
02-11-2011, 07:20 PM
I took a few pictures tonight. Turns out Lavinia is one of these cats who can tell just when the flash is about to go off and shuts her eyes.

Here are the few I was able to get in mid-squint and you can just see a bit of her blue eyes:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=394&pictureid=3722

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=394&pictureid=3723

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=394&pictureid=3724

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=394&pictureid=3725

cassiesmom
02-11-2011, 07:40 PM
She's beautiful! Good evening, Lady Lavinia! You've hit the kitty jackpot with your new caregiver/mom!

slick
02-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk sweet Lavinia. My goodness what a regal princess you are and I love your pretty blue eyes. I wonder if you know just how lucky you are to find such a loving home. Hope to see more of you sweetie. :love::love::love:

Lilith Cherry
02-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Lavinia you are truly beautiful! Truly lucky too to be cared for by Pat! :D

Medusa
02-12-2011, 06:53 AM
Oh such a pretty girl. And stubborn, too, squinting so that we can't see her pretty blue eyes. Lucky girl, as well; she's in a good, safe place now, that's for sure. :)

lvpets2002
02-12-2011, 09:20 AM
:love: Lavinia your such a lovely lady with lots of Beauty.. Great pics & thanks

Pinot's Mom
02-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Lavinia, don't be shy about showing your beautiful eyes! ;)

Welcome to PT sweetie! Congrats Pat! :D

Karen
02-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Well, guess who is here now being fostered or maybe even permanently! - Lavinia! She's a Siamese with kind of a fluffy coat (which mats easily and is somewhat matted all the time.. I'm working on that now) - I don't know if that's a different breed or just a variation. She's somewhere in her mid to late teens.

She's likely a Himalayan/Siamese mix. Himalayan as a breed is a cross between Siamese and Persian, and not every one ends up with the flattened face of the Persian, some look more Siamese in the face, like Lavinia does.

lizbud
02-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Lavinia is a beautiful lady kitty. Her markings are lovely. She has sure
been through a lot of upheaval lately, but I hope she can settle now that
she has you to care for her.:)

Freedom
02-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Came back to see the photos. How lovely you are, Lavinia!

phesina
02-12-2011, 05:55 PM
She's likely a Himalayan/Siamese mix. Himalayan as a breed is a cross between Siamese and Persian, and not every one ends up with the flattened face of the Persian, some look more Siamese in the face, like Lavinia does.

She very likely is a Himalayan/Siamese.. three or four others of her housemates from Simon and Kristine's home are Himmies.

jennielynn1970
02-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Have your friends found homes for their 11 cats?? I keep thinking of old kitties with no place to go and I get so sad. Please keep us updated.

Ms. Lavinia, you are a beautiful lady. I'm sorry you lost your home, but I'm so glad you are safe with Pat!

krazyaboutkatz
02-13-2011, 02:23 AM
Congrats!!!:) Welcome home Lavinia.:)

Barbara
02-13-2011, 04:34 AM
Aaaww Lavinia- what a sweet little kitty girl you are.
Lots of nosekissies for you and welcome at Pet Talk.

phesina
02-13-2011, 09:18 AM
Have your friends found homes for their 11 cats?? I keep thinking of old kitties with no place to go and I get so sad. Please keep us updated.

Ms. Lavinia, you are a beautiful lady. I'm sorry you lost your home, but I'm so glad you are safe with Pat!

I replied more thoroughly in the other thread. There are three left now. The others have found homes, including two of the very oldest who are now at the no-kill shelter where I used to work.

Two of the three (two mid-life boys) may be getting new homes.. Simon was talking to someone interested in them yesterday. The remaining one, also very elderly, will probably come to me too. Seven cats is a bit much here, but I hate for her to be left all alone at her age. She knows me and Lavinia, and it's nice and easy-going here.

cassiesmom
02-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Cassie wants to know if she may sit by Lavinia on a future Catmobile trip. I told her Lavinia might not be ready to go just yet because she is still settling in; let's give her some time. Cassie sends purrs and headbumpies to her fellow "teenager" kitty!

phesina
02-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Cassie wants to know if she may sit by Lavinia on a future Catmobile trip. I told her Lavinia might not be ready to go just yet because she is still settling in; let's give her some time. Cassie sends purrs and headbumpies to her fellow "teenager" kitty!

Lavinia says "Of course Cassie may! I can't wait to meet her!"

She is considering whether she's ready to join in on the Penguin Party in the Park or else wait until the next adventure.

momcat
02-13-2011, 08:01 PM

Hi Lavinia, Welcome to the wonderful life of a PT kitty! As you will soon find out (if you haven't already), we PT kitties get the very best of everything. I'm happy to know that you're settling in and getting used to your new home. You'll be loved and cared for beyond measure.
We would love to have you join us on a Catmobile trip! You'll love the eco-friendly hybrid Catmobile. The trips are loads of fun with lots of tasty food and great kitty company. And we always make super new friends. If there's someplace you'd like to visit, just let us know and plans will be made. Be sure to give us your cell phone number! We'll let you know about future trips.
My Meowmie says you're a beautiful kitty girl and she'd love some snuggle time with you. She sends you lots of scritchies and lovies :love:
I can't wait to meet you.

Your friend,
Groucho

Anikaca77
02-15-2011, 10:42 AM
Thank you so much for taking her in :)

cassiesmom
02-16-2011, 08:49 PM
A candle to welcome Lavinia to PT!

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=12698570

phesina
02-17-2011, 05:06 AM
Thank you so very much, Elyse and Cassie!

My big sister Poppaea is coming here tomorrow!

Love from your friend Lavinia

lvpets2002
02-17-2011, 03:44 PM
:) Woo Hoo another furrever baby for you Pat.. More pics please..

Thank you so very much, Elyse and Cassie!

My big sister Poppaea is coming here tomorrow!

Love from your friend Lavinia

phesina
02-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Poppaea is about 20 years old! She's a very sweet grey girl with white trim, sort of like Edwina and Eddie. I'll take pictures and post them as soon as I can.

I am taking a trip to Dexter, MI (about 15 miles away) tomorrow morning, to see if I can sell some old photographic equipment I have to a camera store there, and while I'm there to have coffee with our very own Gretchen (a.k.a. Grace)!

The kitty boarding house where Poppaea is staying is on the way, so on the drive back I'll pick her up.

I don't really know how it's going to be to manage seven cats in my little two-room apartment, but I couldn't see letting these two elderly ladies go to a shelter out in Hartland, MI (some 35 miles away, where Simon was going to take them if no one adopted them), yet another new place for them that I've never been to and know nothing about how they care for their cats, though Simon said it's a no-kill place.

BarbPond
02-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Oh she is beautiful. But I wouldnt want to try and keep that fur straight! :D

phesina
02-17-2011, 08:30 PM
She has mats all over the place. I work on them as much as I can. but she does NOT like that and doesn't let me do it for long (she goes off somewhere else). I need to find out how REAL groomers do it.

Laura's Babies
02-17-2011, 09:48 PM
She is so lovely! I know you are going to enjoy her! :D