PDA

View Full Version : My Phoebe had passed away...

Rhonda
02-11-2011, 07:48 AM
I can't believe that my precious little girl Phoebe was taken away from me, she died on the 18th of January 2011 - put to sleep. After a short illness and also being diagnosed with Asthma Phoebe had cancer tumors on her kidneys. She was the bravest little girl and feisty to the end. I cry every day the house and the backyard where she explored ( on a lead ) is so empty. Having to put away all her scratching posts; kitty litter tray; her toys; was awful.
I tell myself she was only a cat - but she was my everything my replacement child and there's a huge emptiness now.
People lose their dear campanions everyday I know but it's hard not to feel that's it's only happening to you.
I just wish Phoebe's last moments could have been calm & peaceful but they weren't she reacted to the injection - she looked at me wildly and hissed just before she died. I will never get that look in eyes out of my head.

Rhonda
02-11-2011, 07:58 AM
I forgot to mention also that if you want to see my beautiful little girl PHOEBE - she was 'Cat of the Day' 26 August, 2010. She looked so healthy and fit and by October that same year it was all down hill from there.

smokey the elder
02-11-2011, 08:10 AM
I'm so sorry about precious Phoebe. There's no such thing as "only" a cat. I can tell you loved her very much.:love:

sana
02-11-2011, 08:20 AM
omg...that's so sad...I hope you can easily go through this tragic moment. I cry too when I go to my garden, it reminds me of my turtle, Squirtle, he just disappeared, even now tears are coming into my eyes as I think of him, :(:(:(

I pray you go through this pain easily..Ameen!

Randi
02-11-2011, 08:41 AM
I'm so sorry to hear you had to say goodbye to your dear Phoebe. :( I read her story and saw her pictures - what a beautiful girl she was. It seems she was enjoying your garden a lot. :) I believe it was the right decision to let her go and not let her suffer a long and painful decline. I hope that will be a comfort to you. Keep her in your heart and try to remember all the good days.

(((hugs)))

Taz_Zoee
02-11-2011, 09:55 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Phoebe was a beautiful girl. I know how difficult it is to make the decision to let them go. And your story brought on the tears. When I let my Taz go he let out a sigh after the injection, almost like he welcomed it. But your Phoebe's reaction is heartbreaking. :(
Please know you did what was right. I know it doesn't seem like it right now. It took me a long time to realize it. At times I still question my decision, but then I think about how sick he was and what kind of life he was living.

Hugs to you Rhonda and RIP Phoebe.

phesina
02-11-2011, 10:03 AM
So very, very sorry for your loss.

Dear Phoebe is at the Rainbow Bridge now, healthy and happy again, sending you love as she awaits the grand reunion One Fine Day.

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
02-11-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Now she's pain free and playing up at the Bridge with many other animals. You'll meet again some day. I know you're not ready yet but hopefully some time in the future you'll be able to adopt another cat. I know that when I've lost my furkids, it's always helped me to adopt another one. You can never replace them but I've found that it helps with the grieving process. RIP sweet Phoebe.:( Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Medusa
02-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Rhonda, I definitely can understand how you feel about Phoebe's last moments b/c I experienced the same thing w/my cat Boo. He was 18 1/2 when I had him PTS just before Thanksgiving. He was such a luvvie, laid back, cool cat but he hated being fussed with. He loved to cuddle and snuggle but getting groomed, giving meds, etc., no way if he could help it. When my vet administered the shot to help Boo relax, Boo cried out very loudly b/c the shot stung and Boo was so bony b/c he had bladder cancer; he was barely 7 lbs. and at one time he was a big, strapping alpha male black cat. I, too, think of his eyes and the sound he made and wish that I could have spared him that pain and I'm so sorry that I caused it but he would've gone through more pain for a long time if I hadn't had him PTS. So I look at what I did as an act of kindness and I know that my Boo forgives me. It's getting easier as the days go by, too. Please know that we all here feel for you. RIP, sweet Phoebe and peace to your mom. :love:

Btw, when you're ready, you'll have love to give to another kitty some day and you'll see Phoebe's love for you in that kitty's eyes. No one can ever replace Phoebe but her love lives on.

Cataholic
02-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Most, if not all, of us feel your pain and sorrow. Phoebe was much loved. RIP, sweet girl. Send a message to your mommie that you are now pain free, awaiting your reunion.

moosmom
02-11-2011, 04:40 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Phoebe. She was cherished. Just keep your memories of her and you. They'll make you smile.

I lost my MooShoo 1 year ago on Sunday, my 57th birthday. It still hurts.

catmandu
02-11-2011, 04:51 PM
We are so sorry to hear about Your Dear Friend Phoebe.
She sadly was not all that old a Cat, but the sad fact is that many of us have lost Cats much sooner than we ever expected to.
Phoebe had a very good life with you, she had the best of both worlds a garden to play in, and a home where she was so loved.
Phoebe will be Cat Angel of honor at Captain Bobs in Hawaii tonight, and we bet that she will invite many City Angels to be her Garden so they can fly and play and run about. Phoebe is such a Treasure:cool:
And Phoebe will look for that special place where you will be reunited in love.
One Fine Day:love:

kaycountrygal
02-11-2011, 05:21 PM
I am so sorry your beloved Phoebe passed away. I understand your pain and sadness at her loss. I am sorry her end was not a calm one but try to remember that she is no longer in pain. I am sure you have many great wonderful memories of good times with her. She doesnt blame you for anything I am sure. Maybe one day you will open your heart to another cat, not to replace Phoebe, but to have a cat to love. I know Phoebe will always be in your heart. I nearly forgot; I went to COTD and read about Phoebe and I recall reading about her when she was COTD. She was very pretty. Take care, Kay in NC USA

mon
02-12-2011, 11:27 AM
You did the right thing. That was only a small moment in time and what you need to remember is the beautiful moments you shared together. They far outweigh the bad,yes? Of course they do sweetheart. All prayers and love for you and yours,you did the right thing. Been there,done that and there is not much that seems worse at the time. Be strong,Peace and love:love::love:

mon
02-12-2011, 11:33 AM
I also think another cat is in order pronto! There is no wayI could get over the loss of my cat so finding another cat to love was a great way to heal and the cat was in heaven knowing I had way more love to give. Consider it. Just keep your heart open please:love::love::love::love::love::love:

Rhonda
02-15-2011, 04:34 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Phoebe was a beautiful girl. I know how difficult it is to make the decision to let them go. And your story brought on the tears. When I let my Taz go he let out a sigh after the injection, almost like he welcomed it. But your Phoebe's reaction is heartbreaking. :(
Please know you did what was right. I know it doesn't seem like it right now. It took me a long time to realize it. At times I still question my decision, but then I think about how sick he was and what kind of life he was living.

Hugs to you Rhonda and RIP Phoebe.

Dear Taz Zoee, just wanted to acknowledge and to thank you for kind words it is so heart warming that there are people like you out there who really do understand. Again thank you so much.
Bye from Phoebe's Mum (Rhonda).

Rhonda
02-15-2011, 04:41 AM
I'm so sorry about precious Phoebe. There's no such thing as "only" a cat. I can tell you loved her very much.:love:

To smokey the elder - thank for your understanding and yes I did love Pheebs (still do) very much only another cat lover could understand that. All the best you.

Rhonda
02-15-2011, 04:52 AM
omg...that's so sad...I hope you can easily go through this tragic moment. I cry too when I go to my garden, it reminds me of my turtle, Squirtle, he just disappeared, even now tears are coming into my eyes as I think of him, :(:(:(

I pray you go through this pain easily..Ameen!

Thank you for your sentiments about my dear little Phoebe, I forget that many cat lovers out there have also lost their dear ones so when I say I really do know how you feel I mean it. All the best to you.

Rhonda
02-15-2011, 04:58 AM
Rhonda, I definitely can understand how you feel about Phoebe's last moments b/c I experienced the same thing w/my cat Boo. He was 18 1/2 when I had him PTS just before Thanksgiving. He was such a luvvie, laid back, cool cat but he hated being fussed with. He loved to cuddle and snuggle but getting groomed, giving meds, etc., no way if he could help it. When my vet administered the shot to help Boo relax, Boo cried out very loudly b/c the shot stung and Boo was so bony b/c he had bladder cancer; he was barely 7 lbs. and at one time he was a big, strapping alpha male black cat. I, too, think of his eyes and the sound he made and wish that I could have spared him that pain and I'm so sorry that I caused it but he would've gone through more pain for a long time if I hadn't had him PTS. So I look at what I did as an act of kindness and I know that my Boo forgives me. It's getting easier as the days go by, too. Please know that we all here feel for you. RIP, sweet Phoebe and peace to your mom. :love:

Btw, when you're ready, you'll have love to give to another kitty some day and you'll see Phoebe's love for you in that kitty's eyes. No one can ever replace Phoebe but her love lives on.

Thank you so much for sharing your story with me and I know you do really know how I'm feeling at the moment. That's the one thing I can't stop thinking about is that Phoebe won't forgive for what I did.
It is so heart-warming to know so many people care about what happened to both Phoebe and me. Thank you again Medusa.

Rhonda
02-15-2011, 05:06 AM
I am so sorry your beloved Phoebe passed away. I understand your pain and sadness at her loss. I am sorry her end was not a calm one but try to remember that she is no longer in pain. I am sure you have many great wonderful memories of good times with her. She doesnt blame you for anything I am sure. Maybe one day you will open your heart to another cat, not to replace Phoebe, but to have a cat to love. I know Phoebe will always be in your heart. I nearly forgot; I went to COTD and read about Phoebe and I recall reading about her when she was COTD. She was very pretty. Take care, Kay in NC USA

Thank you for your lovely words of kindness and I really wish with all my heart that she doesn't blame me. I will eventually hope to adopt or have them adopt me but maybe a little later. Yes we did have happy times and she certainly could be a handful with such a spirited disposition but that's what I loved about her, and thank you we thought she was a pretty girl too. All the best to you.

Rhonda
02-15-2011, 05:12 AM
You did the right thing. That was only a small moment in time and what you need to remember is the beautiful moments you shared together. They far outweigh the bad,yes? Of course they do sweetheart. All prayers and love for you and yours,you did the right thing. Been there,done that and there is not much that seems worse at the time. Be strong,Peace and love:love::love:

Thank you, thank you for you understanding and just plain common-sense you know sometimes you just need to have someone say what needs to be said. You've been through this sadness to so you do understand how it feels.
Thank for the loving support.

Rhonda
02-15-2011, 05:22 AM
I'm so sorry to hear you had to say goodbye to your dear Phoebe. :( I read her story and saw her pictures - what a beautiful girl she was. It seems she was enjoying your garden a lot. :) I believe it was the right decision to let her go and not let her suffer a long and painful decline. I hope that will be a comfort to you. Keep her in your heart and try to remember all the good days.

(((hugs)))

Thank you Randi for your kind words of understanding and yes we thought she was beautiful too, she did love the back yard and especially the seaside daisies where she could hide and watch the birds feeding on the birdhouse. I have a recent photo of her in the daisies a few months before she died.
Again thank you for your comments. All the best to you.

rg_girlca
02-16-2011, 09:06 PM
I am so sorry on the loss of your beautiful Phoebe.

Rhonda, remember that you are not alone. By reaching out, you will surprise yourself with how many people do understand what you are going through.
I am so very sorry that Phoebe had such a bad reaction to the injection. Please try and push that image to the back of your mind and focus on the beautiful memories you made together. I had a bad experience with my soul kitty, Katie and looking at her beautiful face in pictures every day, made it easier for me as time went by and I pray it does for you too.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Rest in Peace dear Phoebe. You were so loved and will never be forgotten.

todd
02-16-2011, 10:45 PM
sorry for your loss

katladyd
02-17-2011, 01:11 AM
Time will heal this hurt, that I know. She was a beautiful kitty and still loves you. You saved her from further pain and she knows that now.:love:

Anikaca77
02-21-2011, 12:38 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your Phoebe.

It's never easy, my prays are with you.

melissa