PDA

View Full Version : Snowy New England winter???

phesina
02-09-2011, 07:59 PM
(Karen: I hope this isn't too-nasty language for Pet Talk.. But then, I'm sure you can relate all too well to it!)

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=136&pictureid=3721:eek:

Freedom
02-09-2011, 08:09 PM
That was for a storm that came through about a week back.

I live approximately under the "n" in Providence, so it wasn't too bad here. But oh yeah, it was a HUGE storm.

Marigold2
02-10-2011, 05:46 PM
LOL yes a friend sent me something like this. So funny and yet so true.
One has to keep a sense of humor in this time especailly.
You know it's really cold out there folks when instead of getting the finger you get the mitten.
My co-worker Jack took his mom out for breakfest and she fell and broke her arm, she is having surgery Friday. He feels so bad especially since it was a birthday breakfest. I asked him why he pushed her? He finally smiled.... and said "I didn't think she would fall that hard"
That's what I mean, gotta keep that humor.

Freedom
02-10-2011, 10:36 PM
He hee, hope she heals quickly.

phesina
02-11-2011, 10:22 AM
It's been quite cold here this winter, but, surprisingly, we've not gotten anywhere NEAR the snow this year that you folks in the Northeast.. and so many other parts that aren't used to it.. have gotten this year. (Yet! [knock on wood])

The usually pattern before this year has been, whatever you folks in the Northeast get, we've had a day or two before.

lvpets2002
02-11-2011, 12:24 PM
:p Too Cute.. I am laughing my butt off.. Hey you left out TX & the :rolleyes: Ice we have been getting..:D

phesina
02-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Someone in Texas needs to draw a map like that!

Some friends who live in Maine now sent me that, and I've been passing it on to all my New England, and formerly of New England, friends.

Often I wish I'd stayed in New England, but I have to say that this winter I'm rather glad NOT to be there!

Cold but at least not smothered in snow and ice in Michigan,
Pat