PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Mindy!

FurkidsMom
02-07-2011, 09:35 PM
My sweet 15 year-old Mickey passed away a couple weeks ago and I was heartbroken. She was as my brother put it, "my boon companion". I knew eventually I would get another dog and decided to go ahead. I still mourn my gorgeous Mickey but having a new wagging tail has helped w/the pain. It was soon but some little sweetie out there needed a home and I knew I would get one eventually. So off to PAWS I went and found this wonderful little spaniel mix. She's about 30 lbs, sweet as she can be, doesn't appear to have been abused but well cared for as she's happy, playful and confident. We've been to the dog park a few times already and she loves it. She's had puppies in the past but PAWS didn't know the history on that. She's settling in nicely aside from chasing the cats. I found she knows "leave it" and that has helped a lot with that. We're getting to know each other and I can't wait to take her hiking this summer. Here's a few pics.

On the path to the dog park
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff1/MickeyMom_NW/Mindy/Dogpark1.jpg

Mom, let's go!!
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff1/MickeyMom_NW/Mindy/Dogpark2.jpg

Sleepy girl after a bath
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff1/MickeyMom_NW/Mindy/Loveseat.jpg

luvofallhorses
02-07-2011, 09:53 PM
She is gorgeous!

K9karen
02-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Hi Mindy!!! Welcome to PT! We look forward to seeing a lot of you. I'm so happy your mom adopted you because even though she just loss her Mickey, she knew you needed a happy home. And her heart is big enough for a spot next to Mickey's. Lots of kisses and scritches beautiful girl!

cassiesmom
02-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Hello, pretty Mindy! How nice to meet you this evening!

chocolatepuppy
02-07-2011, 10:32 PM
Mindy's a pretty girl!:)

MonicanHonda
02-07-2011, 11:05 PM
What a cutie! I am so sorry to hear about Mickey. You aren't replacing, just adding a new love to the family. <3

wanwan1007
02-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Mindy is beautiful. Sorry for your loss. Mindy look like she's fitting right in.

Taz_Zoee
02-08-2011, 09:36 AM
She is beautiful!! And I know what you mean about a new dog not replacing the one you lost, but it does help ease the pain. It gives you something else to give your love to and it is a bit of a distraction. I know you still love and miss your Mickey. But I'm glad little Miss Mindy came into your life. :)

kaycountrygal
02-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Hi Mindy, you're such a pretty girl... and lucky that you now have a good forever home. I understand about getting a new dog even though you are still sad about your previous dog as I did the same thing. It's good to have a new little friend to love and still love and remember the RB dog... Kay in NC

Freedom
02-08-2011, 11:29 AM
I am sorry to read of Mickey's passing.

Mindy is such a sweetie! What a happy face on this gal! Any ideas on her age? Hi Mindy, waggie tails are wonderful! :D

lizbud
02-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Hello Mindy, welcome to PT.:) She's a cutie.:)