PDA

View Full Version : prize candy

sammi
10-31-2002, 01:04 PM
For those of you who Trick or Treat or have someone in your house that does what is the "Best" candy to get? Did you ever get a toothbrush in your treat bag?:eek:

wolf_Q
10-31-2002, 02:13 PM
My parents are one of those people......like I remember when I was trick or treating when you'd get all the smarties, dum dums, and tootsie rolls........Ohhhh not ANOTHER one of those! lol. It's like the lowest form of Halloween Candy! Ok, NOT as bad as when they give you coupons, lol lol lol. Actually I'm just kidding, it's great to get anything trick or treating, I just remember my complaining as a kid. What we always liked the best was the people who gave out Reeses peanut butter cups! MmMmmmmmm!

aly
10-31-2002, 03:03 PM
Anything with chocolate...... yuuuuuuuuuuuummy

Pam
10-31-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by aly
Anything with chocolate...... yuuuuuuuuuuuummy

I agree totally Aly! :)

tatsxxx11
10-31-2002, 03:52 PM
Kit Kats, Baby Ruths and Reeces PB cups!! I was one of the wierdos who liked those popcorn balls wrapped in colored cellophane and candy corn!:rolleyes: Though I love it now, I hated when I got fruit!! BTW, does anyone else remember "Trick or Treat for Unicef??" We got those little milk cartons and collected money for Unicef of Kids. Can't imagine they allow that anymore.:(

Logan
10-31-2002, 04:33 PM
We used to Trick or Treat for UNICEF too, Sandra, through our church. I don't know if they still do that or not in the US. Good question!

As for the "best" treats..............that would be SNICKERS bars!!! I confiscate all of Helen's. She doesn't like them!!! LOL!! :D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-31-2002, 04:41 PM
Yeah, we had some kids come to our door with UNICEF boxes. They have still been doing it!

NoahsMommy
10-31-2002, 05:09 PM
We have a UNICEF box in my office right now! :)

The only thing that I hated when we went trivk-or-treating were those orange and black wrapped "peanut butter" taffy stuff...yuck!!!

I agree, anything chocolate works for me!! Hope the kids like that too...that's all I buy when we get our candy for Halloween. :D

Rachel
11-01-2002, 03:49 AM
This year we gave out Hershey's with Almonds, Snickers, Peanut M&M's, which just coicidently happen to be my favorites. I do like the Reeces Peanut Butter Cups as well and usually have them but didn't see them at the store when I was picking up the treats.

11-01-2002, 04:16 AM
Oh oh , all these yummie things here ...
I wish I could go "trick-or-treat"-ing too ...
Neat idea , hey !!!http://www.1-2-3-gaestebuch.de/smilies/082.gif http://digilander.libero.it/meowmeowmeow/actioncat2.gif

jenluckenbach
11-01-2002, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
BTW, does anyone else remember "Trick or Treat for Unicef??" We got those little milk cartons and collected money for Unicef of Kids. Can't imagine they allow that anymore.:(
I do I do
Oh, does that make me old???

lbaker
11-01-2002, 07:26 AM
I'm glad to hear so many like the Reece's because that's what I gave out last night. Other choices too but that's what I had most of. I used to like those candied popcorn balls but there was only one elderly lady that could make them right. My personal favorite was mini Milky Ways then I would take them home, hide them from my mom by putting them in the freezer:rolleyes: Peppermint Patties too..also frozen. YUM YUM I WANT SOME LEFTOVER CANDY RIGHT NOW :D :D

Karen
11-01-2002, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Logan
We used to Trick or Treat for UNICEF too, Sandra, through our church. I don't know if they still do that or not in the US.

We got several kids with UNICEF boxes last night - the first time I've seen them in ten years! I had to say - "Wait here!" while I ran in to get money to put in them! :)

ramanth
11-01-2002, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
I was one of the wierdos who liked those popcorn balls wrapped in colored cellophane

I LOVED getting Popcorn balls!! :D

One year one house was giving away 20 oz bottles of Coca Cola. :D

Dakota's Mommy
11-01-2002, 08:00 AM
My absolute favorite were the Peanut Butter cups! After that anything went. As long as it had sugar, I was happy. No, seriously though, there were always a few things in there that I didn't like. However, if I remember correctly, I could always either pawn them off on my dad or talk a sibling or friend into trading something for the ones I didn't like!

anna_66
11-01-2002, 08:40 AM
Unfortunately, we're never home for trick or treaters (not like we'd even get any living out in the country), it's our Anniversary so we usually go out for dinner.
But when I was young, I love anything chocolate too, oh how I wish I had kids, then I could have some candy right now:rolleyes:

lbaker
11-01-2002, 09:44 AM
trick or treat
smell my feet
give me something good to eat:o

(not smartees or dum dums or candy corn)

Edwina's Secretary
11-01-2002, 10:01 AM
Well...you should of come to my house. No one else did ( :( :( :( )

Every year I buy candy....this year it was cute Halloween suckers...and few if anybody comes. Unless it is a weekend I don't get home until after dark and we live on a busy street.

Usually I get something we like -- Milk Duds or Milky Ways. I decided this year neither I nor my husband needed any more candy around the house!

I wonder if I can freeze them?????? meanwhile if anyone wants some really cute suckers.....

lbaker
11-01-2002, 10:13 AM
Sara, frozen Milky Ways are the best, and Milk Duds!! I had forgotten all about them:eek: YUM Can I come to your house:D ?
Laurie

gini
11-01-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Logan

As for the "best" treats..............that would be SNICKERS bars!!! I confiscate all of Helen's. She doesn't like them!!! LOL!! :D

There is something suspicious about this comment Logan.....I bet Helen has never even tasted a Snickers bar:) :) :)

But if I was her mother - she wouldn't "like" them either..........and I would just be forced to eat them all for her:D :D

I used to buy the candy at Price Club/Costco, but I discovered that it was stale!! I bought mine at the grocery store yesterday and paid top dollar for it! However, they advertised it as a "sale".

The kids got Hersheys nuggets and little Dove bars with caramel. And that was only because that was all that was left to purchase.

Logan
11-01-2002, 11:12 AM
We had "Blow Pops" and Sweet Tarts, but I wasn't here for most of the evening to give them away.

And Gini, you will love this.............Helen didn't get the HUGE stash that she usually does, but she did get some Snickers bars, and swears she doesn't like them. In addition to the Snickers bar (small one, of course) that I got last night, I also got a miniature Heath bar (one of my favorites). And she willingly gave that to me too!

Hmmmmmmmmm..........a Snickers Bar sounds like a good lunch. Might have to go investigate again. :o

sammi
11-01-2002, 11:13 AM
Well Happy Anniversary !!!!!!! ;) Anna_66
Guess its belated some!

We only h 3 whole kids!!!!! I wish I could find someplace to donate the candy (the ones I don't like)!!

anna_66
11-01-2002, 02:17 PM
Thanks sammi!