PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl

Marigold2
02-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Superbowl, who is going to win?
I will start the party if I may...
Passing out Corona and Cosmo.
Sloppy Joes have been in the Crock Pot for hours.

BarbPond
02-06-2011, 12:40 AM
Well since the N.O. Saints didnt make it to the playoffs ;) I am gonna pull for the Green Bay Packers.

davidpizzica
02-06-2011, 07:58 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers, of course!! With Troy Polamalu and Big ben there how can we lose?

chocolatepuppy
02-06-2011, 08:03 AM
Cleveland Clowns fan here, so of course I'm rooting for the Packers!!!:D Monica, I love sloppy joes!!!:cool:

boomersooner
02-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Living here in the Dallas area....All we've heard about is the Super Bowl...the bad weather was sorta nice because it gave the local media a chance to talk about something else! LOL I really don't have a dog in the hunt, but a true Dallas Cowboy fan just can't yell for the Steelers! LOL....Can't wait for the Bud commercials with the Clydesdales and the sweet Dalmatian!

lvpets2002
02-06-2011, 09:33 AM
:) Yes we are just now Thawing Out from the Ice.. I enjoy hearing of the Super Bowl.. I am for the GREEN BAY PACKERS Also I am waiting for the commercials..

BarbPond
02-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Well I love the Clydesdales and have seen them several times at Mardi Gras in the "Big Easy" over the years. They are so magestic!

I will bring a big pot of homemade Seafood Gumbo! Yummy!!! And so very good on cold days!

Bonny
02-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Green Bay Packers :cool:

Medusa
02-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Steelers! I'm a Pittsburgh girl. Besides, my son would disown me if I rooted for anyone else. ;)

davidpizzica
02-06-2011, 10:13 AM
The Steelers are knocking on the door of SEVEN!!! GO STEELERS!

Taz_Zoee
02-06-2011, 11:23 AM
I always want the underdog to win, and that's why I'm all for the Packers!!!
The Steelers have had it 6 times, Packers only 3. Come on, share a little. :)
For me its difficult, we are Raiders fans (shhh, I know!!). I have friends that are huge fans of both teams playing. But I am for the underdog, like I said.

Marigold2
02-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Who is bringing the chips? Go Packers!

pomtzu
02-06-2011, 01:22 PM
If I watch any of it, it will be only for the commercials! :p:D

davidpizzica
02-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Steelers! I'm a Pittsburgh girl. Besides, my son would disown me if I rooted for anyone else. ;)

You better believe it, Mary! The Terrible Towel rules!

neko1
02-06-2011, 02:15 PM
I come from a Steelers family....:D

lvpets2002
02-06-2011, 04:02 PM
:cool: Chips & Salsa Coming Up.. Also some LIT with fruit.. GO GO GREEN BAY PACKERS

Who is bringing the chips? Go Packers!

davidpizzica
02-06-2011, 04:51 PM
I always want the underdog to win, and that's why I'm all for the Packers!!!
The Steelers have had it 6 times, Packers only 3. Come on, share a little. :)
For me its difficult, we are Raiders fans (shhh, I know!!). I have friends that are huge fans of both teams playing. But I am for the underdog, like I said.

Actually, the Steelers wouldn't mind a seventh one!

BarbPond
02-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Packers 7
Steelers 0

1st quarter

Gooooo Packers :D

Queen of Poop
02-06-2011, 06:59 PM
GO GO GREEN BAY!!!!!

Leading 21 to 10!!!

Keep it going!

Suki Wingy
02-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Um, go Pack go, I guess? Yeah I come from Bears country, live in Packers country, and for some reason I can't explain, I just get very annoyed watching football. Mostly I guess it's the annoying fans. I'm a very uncompetitive person as it is so most sports like that/the actual outcomes of them don't interest me. I can, however, watch showjumping for quite a long time. :D

Freckles
02-06-2011, 07:15 PM
There was only one decent commercial in the first half. Hope That part gets better.
Go Packers.

todd
02-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Green Bay Packers

BarbPond
02-06-2011, 09:14 PM
YEAH....

Final Score! Packers 31 and Steelers 25

Grace
02-06-2011, 09:20 PM
My favorite commercials -

Chrysler/Eminem/Detroit - great commercial, and it must have been a full 60 seconds.

The Doritos with the Pug - very funny.

Kia Optima where the car goes from here to ancient times.

Go Daddy.com with Joan Rivers.

Game was good, also.

Grace
02-06-2011, 09:29 PM
The Eminem ad is TWO minutes long - http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2011/02/super-bowl-ad-tracker-chrysler-eminem-proclaim-detroit-is-still-alive.html

Kia Optima - http://www.kia.com/#/optima/explore/videos/

Taz_Zoee
02-06-2011, 09:37 PM
The ONLY commercial that got a real laugh out of me was the Darth Vader VW commercial. :D
There were several others that were good. But they were overall very disappointing this year.

pomtzu
02-07-2011, 07:25 AM
I never watched any of it - game or commercials. My son and DIL must have thought the commercials were pretty funny, as I heard them both laughing their butt's off. I did catch that awesome GB interception in the first quarter tho, as I was walking past the t.v.

Unfortunately I had the displeasure of hearing Christine A, murdering our national anthem. Not only did she screw up the words, but the whole performance was pitiful. Why can't some of these performers just deliver a song as it was meant to be, instead of hitting every note in the scale where it is meant to be a single note. I found it painful listening to her.........:mad:

Medusa
02-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Unfortunately I had the displeasure of hearing Christine A, murdering our national anthem. Not only did she screw up the words, but the whole performance was pitiful. Why can't some of these performers just deliver a song as it was meant to be, instead of hitting every note in the scale where it is meant to be a single note. I found it painful listening to her.........:mad:

Amen, sista! I have yet to hear it sung as it was written. Everything has to be a performance, rather than a reverent rendition of our National Anthem. And it was a very bad performance at that.

anna_66
02-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Loved the commercials. My favs...
The Doritos House Sitting one where everything came back to life, Budweiser Wild west, Bud Light Dog sitter, Carmax-kid in a candy store, Carmax- Gas Station, What' s Beiber?!, Coca-Cola Border, Pepsi Max Torpedo Cooler, Bridgestone Carma. Wow...I liked more than I thought lol.

I really didn't like the Groupon commercials. Seemed like they were making fun of places

happylabs
02-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Why can't some of these performers just deliver a song as it was meant to be, instead of hitting every note in the scale where it is meant to be a single note. I found it painful listening to her.........:mad:

How about it! I did not watch but had the unfortunate opportunity to hear it on GMA. It is a disgrace. :(

davidpizzica
02-07-2011, 08:36 AM
Really disappointed. Everyone seemed to talk about how great Green Bay was, but not how good Pittsburgh was just to make it to the Super Bowl. Everything was biased to Green Bay.

Freckles
02-07-2011, 08:43 AM
They wasted the Clydesdale horses .

Taz_Zoee
02-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Really disappointed. Everyone seemed to talk about how great Green Bay was, but not how good Pittsburgh was just to make it to the Super Bowl. Everything was biased to Green Bay.

I know what you mean, and the same thing would have happened had it been the other way around. That's always how it goes in any sport. Sad but true. I'm sorry your team lost. :(

I thought Christina sang well. Honestly, I didn't even notice she messed up. I think she has an amazing voice, so powerful. I feel bad for her that she messed up though.

Queen of Poop
02-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Great game, great outcome. But didn't see any of the commercials because Canadian TV pre-empts them with Canadian ones that SUCK!!!

Grace
02-07-2011, 11:22 AM
they wasted the clydesdale horses .

I totally agree.

Grace
02-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Since FOX was the TV hosting channel this year, why didn't they use some of their in-house talent for halftime?

Like the cast of GLEE for instance. They would have been much more tuneful than what was on - IMHO.

The only thing I can say about CA's rendition of the National Anthem - we do know she sang it live; it was not pre-recorded.

There are so many wonderful singers, choirs, musical groups in this country. Why do they have to settle on the flavor of the month?

Puckstop31
02-07-2011, 11:39 AM
I liked the commercial with Faith Hill. They summed up the main difference between men and women in 30 seconds! LOL

:D

----

The Packers could have won even bigger I think. 87 dropped a couple of balls he should have caught, one of which would have most likely been a TD.

Basically, I guess the pundits were right.... Spread out the Steelers secondary and you can beat them. You saw it on one of the Packers TDs... Polamalu cut to the inside to cover and they threw it outside....

----

Thank goodness for DVR! It is pretty much impossible to watch a TV event, LIVE, where you can't skip he commercials AND have an active 3 year old in the house. We finished watching the game at like 10:30 PM EST! I figued the Steelers lost though... We did not hear the INSANE Steelers fan down the street out blowing his air horn. LOL

cassiesmom
02-08-2011, 05:52 PM
next year- have hunky baritone Nathan Gunn sing the National Anthem... I bet he won't botch the words!

have the amazing Ohio State University marching band give a traditional football halftime show... complete with Script Ohio!

I loved the Doritos Pug commercial and the Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne/Justin Bieber commercial!

Marigold2
02-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Someone mentioned to me that there is a lot of feed back from the ear piece some of the singers are wearing and a time delay that can be confusing.
Still if one sings a song, one should know the words. PRACTICE please