PDA

View Full Version : #$%^&* almost got me fired today

mrspunkysmom
02-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Some student created an impostor facebook account in my name last night. The only personal information was the school's name. Then that student invited two other students to be friends.

Our district forbids us to connect with students via social networking. This is for our protection.

So of course this is discussed today in school in another class. The teacher reported it (I do wish she had asked me first) . So the admin quietly gathers info. The student that reported and a few others told me later.

I flipped out. Had a conniption fit. Raised sand. If there had been sand on the floor it would have been flying. I flatly denied it and threatened to sue. I told the uber boss I was calling the union rep. He denied knowing who she is. She knows him well. How dumb does he think I am?

Then he came in my room yelling at me because I'm only allowed to talk about Math in my room. Serious hypocrisy here. So how did the other teacher find out?

When my students told me right before lunch they neglected to mention two of them had been called into the office to give sworn statements. Why they told me at all I do not know.

what's really going on... I have 5 years before I retire. I am expensive to pay. These people had someone teaching there who couldn't pass the teacher test which meant he was cheap. The district made them take me when teachers were shifted two years ago. So they are in a childish snit and have made my life h3ll. My two bosses are s$$holes.

I didn't know the uber boss knew about the facebook impersonation when I told him. I probably messed up his plans to fire me at the end of the day. Of course, it that had happened, I would have sued and all what not.

The location principal came to me and talk to me. I vehemently denied it. I was in panic mode.

My planning is last period, so I hid in the bathroom for 30 minutes. Actually I was so stressed that My innards were about to bust.

Besides lots of money, my ideal revenge would be to cover these people in lots of honey, milk, what-have-you, and set them out on a hot summer evening.

Freedom
02-04-2011, 08:53 PM
I am so sorry you had to go though this! Sounds like a stressful work situation, even without this mess.

What happened to the student who set up the phoney account?

mrspunkysmom
02-04-2011, 09:37 PM
We don't know who it is although I have some suspicions. He says they'll try to find out.

cassiesmom
02-04-2011, 09:45 PM
I am so sorry you had to go though this!

I am too! ((HUGS))

Karen
02-04-2011, 10:01 PM
I am betting they will be able to trace the person who created the account, if they pursue it with Facebook. I'm sure this isn't the first time Facebook has had to deal with this sort of thing. Sorry you had to go through it, we'lll keep you in our prayers. Thank goodness it happened on a Friday, and you will have the weekend to de-stress. Treat yourself to a piece of cheesecake or a new pair of earrings or a new silly cat toy or something just to make yourself feel better, okay?

Catty1
02-04-2011, 10:32 PM
OMG - I am so sorry this happened to you!

Are the police involved? They'd be able to get info from FB no problem.

HUGS...have an awesome weekend and I hope this is settled soon.

NONE of this is your fault.

{{{{hugs}}}}:love::love::love:

K9karen
02-04-2011, 10:36 PM
I'd be flipping out too. I rarely get angry, but when my privacy is invaded or someone pees on my leg and tells me it's rain, well, look out. I'm glad you weren't fired and vehemently defended yourself. I would think Facebook could find out who posted.
But, Karen's right. It's the weekend, take a deep breath, take a nice warm bubble bath, light some candles, chill out, and relax.
I'll be thinking of you also.

happylabs
02-04-2011, 11:27 PM
This is horrible. Hope it all gets sorted out. I would be so upset I wouldn't be able to cope. Work issues make me crazy.Thank goodness it is the weekend.

krazyaboutkatz
02-05-2011, 12:45 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that this happened.:( Hopefully things can get sorted out. Just try to relax and have a good weekend.

pomtzu
02-05-2011, 07:40 AM
What a terrible thing to happen! I'd be banging down the door to some official's office - accompanied by my lawyer! :mad:

I HATE FACEBOOK and will have no parts of it. I can't understand either, why incidents such as this happen. What's the point, and why would someone assume your name to set up an account? What did they hope to gain, or in their mind, was it just a sick joke??? So tragic that it had to happen......

Marigold2
02-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Karen's advace is wonderful.
I do feel it will be ok and that the people who did this will be found out and punished.
I would be careful on what I say... ( I know this coming from me :rolleyes:) but you want your boss to be in your corner and not get people mad at you even though you have a right to be upset. Take the high road and tell them "I know you will get to the bottom of this"
Best wishes.

mrspunkysmom
02-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Thank you for your kind thoughts and words.

There is more history than what I communicated. I panicked because I know one of the bosses would love to fire me if only because he didn't get to have who he wanted - someone that couldn't pass the teacher's exam so he cost a 3rd of what I cost. Yes, educators are for more petty and childish that the students we teach.

Oddly enough, the issue was not approached today. I suspect that some of my students were being silly and did not realize the seriousness of what they had done.

I will talk more later. I'm exhausted.

K9karen
02-07-2011, 10:31 PM
:mad: I hate bullcrap, stupid, childish office politics. I wish I was well enough to work, I miss it, but not the junk that goes with it.
Hope you had a relaxing evening.

Catty1
02-07-2011, 10:35 PM
{{{{hugs}}}} I hope everything settles down...and certain kids got straightened out!:love:

Laura's Babies
02-07-2011, 10:58 PM
It was games like that, that made me decide to leave the job I had at the school after 21 years. What sickened me to my heart was the school board played the game with the one stirring things up... Proud to say, I was there long enough to see the one who pulled all the stuff and started it all, get what he had coming to him, the school board member that was his close friend turned on him (according to what he said) and he did not get the job he was promised and actually was kind of demoted after doing all their dirty work for them.. The one that replaced me didn't like the old fool and didn't even pretend to be polite to him like I did, not long after I left, he was begging people to talk me into coming back..Ha! and I was one he wanted to get rid of... LOL! What he didn't realize that he was not the only person that knew how to play those games and he got caught in his own games.. Even a caferteria manager could have a few carefully placed tricks up her sleeves, someone he thought was just a dumb blond caferteria female worker.

They CAN trace that fb account back to the isp address where it was made
if they want to.. It might just surprise everybody who that leads them to... Good luck and enjoy watching what happens.. (Like I did when it blows up in my guys face...) I'd be screaming FRAUD and looking into pressing charges for fraud against whoever it is and sue, sue, sue for the damage they have done or tried to do to your reputation and all the stress all this brings on you...I'd brag ever so loudly that when this was over, you would have everything they own for fraud and everything else they could be charged with... ISP are TRACEABLE!! FB has that ISP address! (and you better not have a unsecured router or it could lead right back to you!)

phesina
02-08-2011, 07:44 AM
This just happened to me too at the cat shelter where I had worked for seven years. Three others and I got fired a month ago yesterday for no reason that has ever been directly stated to any of us.

And just as with you folks, it was politics, something I had thought would not be in play in an operation such as this, but boy was it ever.

mrspunkysmom
02-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Sorry for being away for so long. I've had a case of the grumps and retreated to the quiet of the evening like a hermit.

I haven't heard a thing from admin since that Friday. I did threaten to sue. I wrote facebook but have not heard from them. I am tempted to hire a lawyer to get the info from facebook. I've heard that facebook does not cooperate with law enforcement.

Thanks for your kind words and support.

I would like to hold educators to a higher standard, but sadly most cannot meet that standard.

Have a great weekend.

momcat
02-20-2011, 03:08 PM
I so hope they find the non-functional lowlifes that did this and they end up in jail where they belong! This techno-crap has gone too far. What is most disturbing is those idiots at FB won't cooperate with law enforcement in finding out who's responsible. Get yourself a good lawyer and hit FB with a subpoena then sue those b.....ds out of existence.

sana
02-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Even though I'm a student, still I think this is idiotic and disgustingly stupid of the students to do such a thing and this is foolish of the headmaster to straight away scold you without asking questions and inspecting such a case. :mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mrspunkysmom
02-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Hi again,

I told y'all that these people do not like me.

So today I supposedly insulted someone in front of the students (who made no mention of it, hmmmm.) I was called in the office and told I have no interpersonal skills. I apologized but I couldn't remember what I said and said so, but let them know that no insult was intended. Despite being sick, I had been in a jovial and lite mood and have no clue what I said.

I was asked if I thought what I said was wrong. I replied I couldn't see how, because don't feel disrespectful towards that person, although I have cause to do so.

I think someone was b3eing overly sensitive and trying to get me into trouble. The other issue was: he thought I should let the girls stay longer in the bathroom because I, a girl, do not understand other girls, while he, a father, understands girls.

There are times I hate other educators. I think most are A$$holes.

Thanks for listening.

PS. I've been in a bit of a snit and doldrums at the same time so I've not been posting lately. Now off to do some homework.

pomtzu
02-24-2011, 07:33 AM
Well - in spite of all you're going thru - my hat is off to you!!! It takes a special person to be a teacher - definitely not a job that just anyone could fall in to. And in today's society, it's so much more difficult than when I was a student - back in the 50's-early 60's. It seems that any more, if you even look at a student the wrong way - you're on the carpet for it. And what happened to the good old days when a teacher could give a student a hug or a pat on the back for a job well done.??? Now it's hands off or you'll find yourself in jail for molesting the student. Sad indeed..........:mad:

Catherinedana
02-24-2011, 07:36 AM
My sister is a High School teacher here in Florida and, unfortunately, has had many problems with students and educators alike. Idiotic things that show how some people have too much time to sit around and cook up vindictive nonsense or things that are directed at her because she is not part of the "clique" that exists at the school. . .and I'm talking about the teachers here!!

With all these issues plus the current problems teachers are facing with budget cuts, etc here this state, she is looking towards changing careers. Such a shame because she is really good at what she does.

What's going on in the schools? Looks to me like the staff is worse than the children!! :(

mrspunkysmom
02-26-2011, 09:25 PM
Thank you for your kind words. I've decided once again that I need to maintain a positive attitude and let their snide rude behavior roll off my back.

I have more to update, but after that virus earlier in the week, I still feel tired. I'll update later.

(yes, I still have a job.)