PDA

View Full Version : Broken phone

Marigold2
02-03-2011, 11:43 PM
My beautiful phone broke last Sat. I have had it for a year or so. Nothing fancy just a Samsong flip phone, one that goes up and sideways.
Sat it broke, won't even power up. Lost everyone's number too.
Took it to Sprint and they ordered a new phone to replace it. However the phone I had is no longer made and the replacement model which cost me $35.00 dollars has the worlds smallest keys on it.
I really don't like, I asked daughter if it was hard to read and even with 24 year old eyes it was to her.
So now I am wondering how much of a fuss I should put up and how much it will cost me to get a phone similar to the one I had with bigger buttons and easier display to read?
Has anyone had these issues?

Alysser
02-04-2011, 06:22 AM
My beautiful phone broke last Sat. I have had it for a year or so. Nothing fancy just a Samsong flip phone, one that goes up and sideways.
Sat it broke, won't even power up. Lost everyone's number too.
Took it to Sprint and they ordered a new phone to replace it. However the phone I had is no longer made and the replacement model which cost me $35.00 dollars has the worlds smallest keys on it.
I really don't like, I asked daughter if it was hard to read and even with 24 year old eyes it was to her.
So now I am wondering how much of a fuss I should put up and how much it will cost me to get a phone similar to the one I had with bigger buttons and easier display to read?
Has anyone had these issues?

I'm assuming your under contract with Sprint for at least 2 years for your old phone, correct? Did you have some type of insurance with Sprint?

It's like pulling teeth getting a decent phone from them after the phone breaks and you're still under contract. I had a Samsung Rant and the charging chip came out of the phone and disconnected to the motherboard of the phone, so I couldn't charge it. They wanted full price for another phone, but we wound up getting it for $50, anyway. I forgot exactly how. I have an HTC Evo now and I couldn't be happier. Options I can think of:

-You can bring in an old phone you have and get it set as your phone for a small fee as opposed to buying a whole new phone.
-You can buy the replacement phone.
-You can buy a whole new phone for $100+, depends on what it's going for since you were probably under contract when your old one broke and you can't get the instant rebates.
-Is anyone else in your family (who is on your plan) eligible for a new phone? If they give you permission you can take their eligibility and get a new phone with no problem. I got my Evo that way, I took my brothers eligibility. :p

Good luck with whatever you decide! Sprint is really annoying about getting a good phone off contract.

smokey the elder
02-04-2011, 08:44 AM
When my SO's BlackBerry had the same problem with the charger, Verizon let me transfer my early upgrade to him and he got a Droid. I want one too but haven't been able to get out and get one! (My CrackBerry works just fine.:p)