PDA

View Full Version : Groundhog Thursday- #416

RICHARD
02-02-2011, 07:03 PM
NO, we are not having Ground Hog for dinner..nor Hog Steaks!

Just hot soups and drinks, Dang!

I could not get warm today...:eek::mad:

I am lighting the Fireplace NOW!!!!

DONE!

Karen
02-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Just had a nice cup of tea - Cinnamon and Cardamom Herbal Tea by The Republic of Tea, wonderfully fragrant, and I added sugar, so sweet. I'll share some, I promise it'll warm you from the inside out, Richard!

Today would have been Aunt Zsa's birthday, and she always appreciated a nice cup of tea and some cookies to go with.

cassiesmom
02-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Since this is the Chinese New Year, and 2011 is the Year of the Rabbit, may I please have tea?

There are piles of snow around here that are taller than I am. I'd be on a plane to a sunny, warm Caribbean island except that O'Hare is still not back to full operations.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Yep, snow up to my bum here for sure!!! More they say coming Sunday and Monday. A mere 3 or so inches. I have got to get out and go restock up on supplies tomorrow. My neighbor kid dug me a path so I can get to the street. Now if only the bus starts running tomorrow. :(

Soup and hot tea sound great to me.

I noticed Easter is real late this year. Almost at the end of April. No disrespect to Phil, but when Easter is that late we sometimes have snow in April. :eek: :love:

Queen of Poop
02-03-2011, 04:59 PM
We're having a Chinook. It's +8C here today. Everything is melting. Won't last, cold and snow are coming back Saturday. But a welcome break for sure. I'd have some green tea in honor of the Chinese New Year please.

Richard, shall I send you a good Canadian blankie to keep you warm?

Marigold2
02-03-2011, 11:39 PM
It's been rough here but not as rough as people in the Northeast have had it or the plaines.
Wishing safety and warmth to all.

Pinot's Mom
02-04-2011, 10:19 AM
No one here and it's almost lunch time on my day off?? Ah, well. It's a balmy 30F here (it actually does feel rather good, really!), and we'll be in Florida for four days (where it's about 70F currently), so it's a great day! :)

Club sandwiches, tea (hot and cold), with some French Onion soup on the bar - Happy Friday, everyone!

Karen
02-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Bright sun, and as noted relative warm - supposed to be 30F - today, before tomorrow's new storm!

More tea, please!

Bonny
02-04-2011, 11:16 AM
He saw the sun here. :eek: I think I'll just go into hibernation & take a couple of bottles of wine with me. :D

RICHARD
02-04-2011, 06:27 PM
He saw the sun here. :eek: I think I'll just go into hibernation & take a couple of bottles of wine with me. :D

Tea and soup, warm fresh bread for everyone! Again I am freezing today.

QoP
how's about a book of matches instead?;):D

slick
02-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Hmmm, groundhog...tastes just like chicken. :o:p

The end of a very long and very challenging work week. Had a bit of a run-in with my boss. Sheesh, why can't she just fly away???

One very large BM with a lemon twist and prawn skewers. Thanks Richard. Hope you are doing OK. :love:

Marigold2
02-05-2011, 11:25 AM
lol

hmmm, groundhog...tastes just like chicken. :o:p

the end of a very long and very challenging work week. Had a bit of a run-in with my boss. Sheesh, why can't she just fly away???

One very large bm with a lemon twist and prawn skewers. Thanks richard. Hope you are doing ok. :love:

RICHARD
02-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Hmmm, groundhog...tastes just like chicken. :o:p

The end of a very long and very challenging work week. Had a bit of a run-in with my boss. Sheesh, why can't she just fly away???

One very large BM with a lemon twist and prawn skewers. Thanks Richard. Hope you are doing OK. :love:

Doing as well as can be expected?

One large BM, I always laugh when I post that..... Lemon and skewers.

DONE.

And a head slap for the BFH..... Tell her to kiss your ( ! ).

Karen
02-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Cold rain here today, and there have been over 100 roof collapses here in Massachusetts, the rain is going to make things worse.

As an aside, anyone building a large building with a flat roof in this state is asking for trouble, in my humble opinion.

So everyone, be thankful for unbowed walls and intact roofs, okay?

Bartender, let us brew up another pot of tea, and I'll bring blueberry jam for the toast, okay? Fireplaces are great for toasting bread, and I'm sure the Orc has it burning strong tonight.

RICHARD
02-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Cold rain here today, and there have been over 100 roof collapses here in Massachusetts, the rain is going to make things worse.

As an aside, anyone building a large building with a flat roof in this state is asking for trouble, in my humble opinion.

So everyone, be thankful for unbowed walls and intact roofs, okay?

Bartender, let us brew up another pot of tea, and I'll bring blueberry jam for the toast, okay? Fireplaces are great for toasting bread, and I'm sure the Orc has it burning strong tonight.

Patron saints of builders and construction workers:
•Barbara
•Blaise
•Louis IX
•Our Lady of Loreto
•Thomas the Apostle
•Vincent Ferrer

Amen.

One pot o' hot water and I'll toast.
Done!

Pinot's Mom
02-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Happy weekend everyone! It was 74F when we landed in Florida, it's misty/ raining-ish, but hey, it's over 70F!!

Pina Coladas and Coconut Shrimp for the bar!! :)

Queen of Poop
02-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Cold and blowing snow. Bye, bye Chinook.

Richard, how about some waterproof matches?

I've got some tea on if anyone needs a warm up.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Having chili dogs here in honor of the Super Bowl which I will not be watching. For some odd reason, football makes me fall asleep. After ten minutes, I'm zonked out. Have no clue why!!!

How about a cherry rootbeer to go with my chili dogs? :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
02-08-2011, 03:40 PM
*clink, clank, rattle rattle* Just me raiding the hot chocolate again. Been snowing all day (sigh) and going to keep it up all night. I am so sick of all this snow. blah

I'm getting down right cranky too!!! Maybe I need a nap after my choclate. :D :love:

lvpets2002
02-08-2011, 04:25 PM
:) Heck even over here in TX we are fixing to have our Second Ice Storm Again.. I did not work last week due to we was so Iced In.. Now here it comes again.. Orc hows about some Ice Skates for the two of us.. Richard hows about some warm cider for me & the Orc please..

momoffuzzyfaces
02-08-2011, 05:30 PM
:) Heck even over here in TX we are fixing to have our Second Ice Storm Again.. I did not work last week due to we was so Iced In.. Now here it comes again.. Orc hows about some Ice Skates for the two of us.. Richard hows about some warm cider for me & the Orc please..

We were all shut in too only not with ice thankfully. Still 3 feet of snow is hard for my short legs to get through. My neighbor kid is making a killing keeping my sidewalk shoveled out this season. I'm grateful for him though!!!

Now Orc on ice skates is worth buying a ticket to see!!! :D

slick
02-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Dear Lord, the more I hear of your rotten weather, the more I'm thankful that I live where I am. No, we are not warm yet, but our weather is on the mild side and it seems like we only had a few days of snow this winter. We have webbed feet though from all the rain.

So how about a round of hot chocolate for all of us. Stay warm people.:love:

Karen
02-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Yes, Slick, one woman I was speaking with on the phone was from British Columbia, and when she realized I was in Boston took pity on me and said, "Well, at least we'll have daffodils in a few weeks ..."

RICHARD
02-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Yes, Slick, one woman I was speaking with on the phone was from British Columbia, and when she realized I was in Boston took pity on me and said, "Well, at least we'll have daffodils in a few weeks ..."

So we do not have to depend on someone else for the bar's arrangements...;)

http://th294.photobucket.com/albums/mm90/JaniceEDG/Spring/th_Tulipsdaffodilscropped0013.jpg

momoffuzzyfaces
02-09-2011, 01:11 PM
We got another 6 to 10 inches of snow last night. I was just starting to see the bumpers of my old car. They have disappeared again. At least, as rumor has it, we are in for a nice warm up this weekend. In the 40s and maybe even the 50s. Do I dare hope? ;)

Meanwhile, keep the hot chocolate coming with tons of marshmallows. It's going to be 5 below tonight. :love:

RICHARD
02-09-2011, 03:06 PM
meanwhile, keep the hot chocolate coming with tons of marshmallows. It's going to be 5 below tonight. :love:

done!