PDA

View Full Version : A Required Catmobile Snack

momcat
02-02-2011, 09:03 AM
A short article in today's Trenton newspaper has Groucho very excited. In January a new snack was introduced at a New York food fair.....haggis chips!!! :eek: They were introduced by Great Scot International and will be distributed in the U.S. later this year.
Groucho has already put them on my food shopping list. He's on his cell phone now calling all his kitty friends to tell them about it. So, if you find haggis chips on your shopping list you'll know how it got there.

Laura's Babies
02-02-2011, 09:16 AM
What is haggis chips? It showed up on my grocery list too and I had no clue how it got there or what it is!

(I thought I was dreaming last night when I heard a phone ringing :rolleyes:)

momcat
02-02-2011, 09:33 AM
What is haggis chips? It showed up on my grocery list too and I had no clue how it got there or what it is!

(I thought I was dreaming last night when I heard a phone ringing :rolleyes:)

Hi Laura,
According to the article in the paper, they're potato-like chips in the flavor of haggis, Scotland's "national delicacy". I had the chance to try haggis when I was in Scotland a number of years ago. It's really quite good but I'm not sure what's in it.

phesina
02-02-2011, 10:10 AM
Hi Laura,
According to the article in the paper, they're potato-like chips in the flavor of haggis, Scotland's "national delicacy". I had the chance to try haggis when I was in Scotland a number of years ago. It's really quite good but I'm not sure what's in it.

You don't really want to know what's in it.. or what it's in!

My gang are so excited to learn about the Haggis Chips! As soon as I finish reading Pet Talk, I am to get in my car and drive down to the Haggis in a Hurry Shoppe to get them some.

That shop is Home Away From Home for all the lonely Scottish students at U of M.

moosmom
02-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Psssssst..Hey everyone, this is AustinB. Just wanted to give you a heads up on the "stash" I just got in from my supplier in Michigan. We are all SET TO GO!!! There's enough for everyone and then some!! WOOHOO!!! Partaaaaaay!!!!!!!

Bags are packed and ready to do. Now if I can only convince my meowmie to drive me to the bus station.

katladyd
02-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Ming has sampled haggis (as a good bagpiper should) and he loves it! He shared some with Mac....Mac is bring sushi on the next trip.

catmandu
02-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Haggis was traditionally the heart , lungs and liver of a sheep simmered for three hours in a sheeps stomach.
It has changed to being a sheep sausage in a casing , and is said to have quite a nice flavour.
I have had haggis at the Tartan Tortie with My Angels and wonder how close the Haggis Chips will be in flavour to real Haggis.:eek:

phesina
02-02-2011, 03:15 PM
My bagpipers and Scottish Dancer were so excited to get some Haggis Chips that they are having an impromptu ceilidh this evening.. so all the rest of you are invited! Especially the other pipers!

This will be good practice and rehearsal for the Super Bowl this weekend, too.

momcat
02-02-2011, 03:46 PM
My bagpipers and Scottish Dancer were so excited to get some Haggis Chips that they are having an impromptu ceilidh this evening.. so all the rest of you are invited! Especially the other pipers!

This will be good practice and rehearsal for the Super Bowl this weekend, too.

Thank you, Miss Phesina! The Catmobile is on the way over right now. To my fellow kitties that want to attend the ceilidh, call me on my cell phone if you need a ride.

Does anyone else want to extend this trip to include the Superbowl?

Your friend,
Groucho

phesina
02-02-2011, 04:19 PM
My gosh.. the Catmobile social calendar is just filling right up this month!

The ceilidh tonight.. the Super Bowl this weekend.. and then off to the Big Apple to hang out with our Penguin Pals!

Pinot's Mom
02-02-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm in for the Super Bowl! My purrents will be in Florida seeing my granddad and they won't know the difference! :)

On to the ceilidh and haggis! :)

Purrs, Pinot

katladyd
02-02-2011, 11:57 PM
I was wondering where the boys had wandered off to!:confused: This explains everything!

Pinot's Mom
02-03-2011, 11:47 AM
I just cleared it in secret emails with my sitter, Aunt MaryBeth; she's cool. She'll never tell! :D

catmandu
02-03-2011, 03:27 PM
And Our Awesome Angels Army are bringing treats and snacks from their and The Campbell Angel Clans Buckeys's Smokehouse.:love::love:
The Catmobile Crew will love the Sandwiches , Burgers and Yellow Poato Fries.:cool::cool::cool:

astrid
02-04-2011, 11:00 AM
I'm in for the Super Bowl! My purrents will be in Florida seeing my granddad and they won't know the difference! :)

On to the ceilidh and haggis! :)

Purrs, Pinot

I'm so in too, of course!
I don't know if I want to try that haggis thing, I mean after reading uncle Gary's post it sounds kinda gross, but I'll bring some more sushi just in case :o

See ya next weekend!
Sophie

dehlers43
02-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Chelsea told me she would have to go on this venture since her BFFF Sofie was going. I don't know about Franklin....he's being awfully secretive....:eek:

momcat
02-04-2011, 02:54 PM
I'm so in too, of course!
I don't know if I want to try that haggis thing, I mean after reading uncle Gary's post it sounds kinda gross, but I'll bring some more sushi just in case :o

See ya next weekend!
Sophie

Don't worry, Sophie. I had haggis when I was in Scotland and it's really pretty good. I can't find any here in Trenton though. Some one of these days I'll have to go to Michigan to visit the Haggis In A Hurry Shoppe and get some.

phesina
02-14-2011, 04:41 PM
When I stopped in at Haggis in a Hurry yesterday for my weekly grocery shopping, the guy told me the company is opening another store in Trenton NJ.. their market research has determined that there is a customer base there!

momcat
02-14-2011, 05:29 PM
When I stopped in at Haggis in a Hurry yesterday for my weekly grocery shopping, the guy told me the company is opening another store in Trenton NJ.. their market research has determined that there is a customer base there!

Oh wow, this is wonderful news!!! Did the guy tell you where in Trenton they plan to be? I'll be watching the Trenton papers to find out where and when. Thank you so very much for the update!

phesina
02-14-2011, 07:42 PM
He didn't give me the address.. but he did say that when it opens, they will have a Grand Opening celebration there complete with pipers and Scottish dancer!