PDA

View Full Version : Twenty nine years!

davidpizzica
01-31-2011, 08:17 AM
Today marks twenty nine years since I last smoked a cigarette!! I'm SO glad that I did it becauce i didn't need bad lungs on top of my other problems. Cigarettes are so expensive now and I can't afford them. I quit when they were 65 cents a pack in 1982! I quit cold turkey which was REALLY tough and I never looked back since!

Freedom
01-31-2011, 08:30 AM
Hey CONGRATS, David!

That is a fantastic accomplishment.

Bonny
01-31-2011, 10:33 AM
Good for you David. :) Cigarettes affected the health of both my folks. Dad quit cold turkey too & mom puffed on them to the end. :(

phesina
01-31-2011, 12:40 PM
WELL DONE, David! Congratulations!

Karen
01-31-2011, 12:56 PM
Congratulations, that's an important anniversary! I remember after my Dad quit - cold turkey - he called me one day and said "Y'know what? I can smell things again!" And I am sure the quitting smoking helped your voice, particularly as a tenor! Do you do any singing at Concordia?

Alysser
01-31-2011, 01:42 PM
That is definitely something to be proud of, David! Congratulations!

davidpizzica
01-31-2011, 02:51 PM
Congratulations, that's an important anniversary! I remember after my Dad quit - cold turkey - he called me one day and said "Y'know what? I can smell things again!" And I am sure the quitting smoking helped your voice, particularly as a tenor! Do you do any singing at Concordia?

Do you know what, Karen? I've gotten a lot of compliments on my singing voice since I've been here! As a matter of fact, I'm joining the Easter cantata when they start up again.

chocolatepuppy
01-31-2011, 05:49 PM
Congrats David! That's great!:D

karlyb
02-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Oh, David, that is wonderful! To quit smoking is one of the hardest things a person can do and YOU DID IT!

moosmom
02-01-2011, 06:51 AM
Yo David!!!

Haven't seen you on here in a long time! I smoked briefly, a pack a week for about a year. It was just something to do when I was bored. I HATE cigarette smoke. It makes me nauseous.

We're getting slammed with snow, from now (8 am to tomorrow around midnight). Glad I bought food.

Stay warm and dry honey!

davidpizzica
02-01-2011, 08:02 AM
Yo David!!!

Haven't seen you on here in a long time! I smoked briefly, a pack a week for about a year. It was just something to do when I was bored. I HATE cigarette smoke. It makes me nauseous.

We're getting slammed with snow, from now (8 am to tomorrow around midnight). Glad I bought food.

Stay warm and dry honey!

I'll call you tonight, gorgeous! Right now we're supposed to get snow, rain, sleet , ice, you name it!! I'm glad I don't drive anymore.