PDA

View Full Version : Is it a tabby thing?

Catty1
01-30-2011, 08:08 PM
Oscar is a brown tabby with a bit of white; Zoe is brown tabby with a lot of white. Cole, of course, is black.

I hadn't bought yogurt in a long time, and got some 1% plain unflavoured stuff to help my system recover from the antibiotics. I remembered that Oscar loves it...so I gave him a teaspoon in a bowl. There was a bit on my finger so I held it out to Zoe - and she started licking it all off. So SHE got a teaspoon of it and licked it all up just as Oscar did.

She also likes a roasted unsalted peanut - which Oscar also loves as a very occasional treat!

Cole? NO interest in either food item.

Weird...lol.

Freedom
01-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Plain yogurt is GREAT for cats!

Cole is just being Cole . . . .

cassiesmom
01-30-2011, 08:26 PM
Cassie likes yogurt. I don't think she is a tabby cat, although her shelter paperwork says "grey tabby". I'm glad to know it is good for her! She likes to lick it off the foil lid and then push the lid around on the tile with her paw.

Catty1
01-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Cole is just being Cole . . . .

LOL! yeah...."Iz diffrint"!

Karen
01-30-2011, 09:05 PM
Cole, being a handsome black guy, may worry that the yogurt, being white, may be unsightly if it remains on his whiskers.

Grace
01-30-2011, 09:18 PM
Reese, who is all white, thus does not worry about her whiskers :), loves yogurt. Duffy, orange and white, will partake on rare occasions. None of the other four have shown any interest.

Sonia59
01-31-2011, 03:00 AM
Peppito who is a tabby loves yogurt, Jasmine who is black is not interested at all. However, I don't think it's a tabby thing ;)

moosmom
01-31-2011, 05:58 AM
I think it's just a cat thing in general. AustinB and Spike LOOOVE yogurt. I've given it to them, but it does give them diarrhea.

catmandu
01-31-2011, 09:40 AM
:rolleyes:My Princess the Tabby Lady loved pasta with white cheese , and cheese whiz
:rolleyes:
Moose loved potato chips , especially Pringles, pressing his paws down on them and eating the pieces.
:cool::cool:
But then again Scrappy Two loves these things and The Siamese Six Pack would lick ice cream.
I think that it is a Cat thing, not a Tabby Thing.:cool::cool:

catnapper
01-31-2011, 05:11 PM
My piggies would eat it all.... then again, my piggies are all tabbies (mystic is a black tabby on black)

jennielynn1970
01-31-2011, 05:55 PM
My guys aren't thrilled with yogurt, they'd rather have babyfood at this point, lol.

I remember watching a movie called "Puss in Books: Tales of the library cat", and a library had 2 Scottish Fold kitties, one was gray and white, while the other was tabby and white. One loved yogurt, the other loved cantaloupe!