PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who face "the choice".

Kittyfoot
01-30-2011, 12:39 PM
One of the very hardest things I've done or will ever do is realizing the point where it's time to let one of our furrkids go. There comes a time when we're keeping our little ones because our hearts hurt so when we think of losing them. No, this isn't about Gabby.... yet.

Anyhow, some time back I wrote a little poem for a friend who was grieving for the kitty that was sent on to God's hands. It's on our website and here's the link.... http://kittyfoot.freeservers.com/KittyAngel.html. It's called Message from a Kitty Angel.

columbine
01-30-2011, 01:28 PM
WOW. :love: I'm absolutely sure that's how my Sam felt, seeing me stumble around in a fog and try to pull myself back together. And when it comes time for Smudge to go, I'm sure he'll feel Sam's little tongue on his head, welcoming him to forever.

Love, Columbine

chocolatepuppy
01-30-2011, 01:31 PM
Very nice.:) Having lost my Sassy last summer, I'd like to think that's how she feels.

pomtzu
01-30-2011, 01:53 PM
Wayne - you are quite talented. I visited your website, and was really touched by some of your poetry and your drawings are beautiful. Art talent abounds in my family - except for me. I can hardly draw a decent stick figure. :eek:

I will go back and view more as I have time. Thanks for making it available for us to enjoy. :)

sasvermont
01-30-2011, 02:31 PM
Wayne, what a nice web site. I didn't have time to visit every link, but I did look at some of the poems dedicated to kitty kats. Many of the poems made me cry. You have a way of saying it .... touching the heart so deeply.

I also loved the photos....... thanks for the share!
:love:

Randi
01-30-2011, 02:36 PM
I will look forward to have a closer look at your site. :)

Freedom
01-30-2011, 03:17 PM
That Kitty Angel poem is touching and right on target too. Very well said. Thank you.

dehlers43
01-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Major LES here......:love:

Scooter's Mom
01-30-2011, 04:58 PM
I have LES here too. Made me think of my RB :love: Scooter Bug.

BarbPond
01-30-2011, 06:25 PM
Just a short note to let everyone know that I put the link to Our website at the bottom of our posts where the signature goes. So if anyone who wants to re-visit can find the link easily.

Having lost our 18 year old Kiki Kat this past November I still cant bring myself to go read all that. I also have a poem that he wrote for her but havent got it typed or put online yet. Just cant do it right now.

Kittyfoot
01-30-2011, 06:26 PM
Thanks folks, I'm pleased you like it. I have to point out that Barb created the site and the beautiful pages. She's a very talented lady. Follow the main index to her Plantation homes pages which are [I]very[I] popular. All the photos are hers too.

But I gotta ask.... LES????

kaycountrygal
01-30-2011, 06:50 PM
Me too. I've seen it before and wondered. What is LES?

kitten645
01-30-2011, 08:11 PM
Leaky Eye Syndrome=tears

Freckles
01-30-2011, 08:16 PM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1441124#post1441124 24

In the above thread, click on thread in post five. That will lead to the Furminology Dictionary.

Laura's Babies
01-30-2011, 08:27 PM
Well now everybody knows what a special guys you are Wayne. Yes, go visit our Furminology Dictionary and learn some of it... LES...I think is about the most used one of them all, "Happy Feet" next and "Meatload kitty" you will see a bit too.

When you have to leave back out again? Tomorrow?

phesina
01-30-2011, 09:01 PM
That is lovely. Thank you so much.

Kittyfoot
01-30-2011, 10:27 PM
Well folks I thank you, but special? No, not really. Just well educated and trained by all the furbabies we've had over the years.;)

The poems and writings just seem to come over me at times. I don't really sit down and plan them. It's like I'm just holding the pen for somebody else.

Someday, if I can ever afford it, I'd like to get them published somewhere. Something to leave behind me when I go.;)