PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Litter Boxes Can Be Bad For Your Health

krazyaboutkatz
01-29-2011, 09:10 PM
Who knew that cleaning litter boxes could be bad for my health. I always clean them out 2 times a day. Yesterday morning before work I was cleaning them as usual. I then some how did something funny with my right arm and I must've pulled a muscle in my shoulder area.:( I didn't think too much about it until later when the pain got worse.

I still went to work and I just had to keep taking Ibuprofen. I haven't bothered to go to a doctor just yet because I want to see if the pain improves. I slept pretty well last night except I can't sleep on my right side without being in pain. We're so busy at work that I've also been extra achy just from that and now this. So far this year isn't going too well for me.:( I usually do cleaning on Saturdays but I don't want to overdo it today so this at least gives me an excuse to not clean today. I sure hope that I'll heal up quickly.

BarbPond
01-29-2011, 11:01 PM
Oh my! I sure hope it is nothing but a pulled muscle and will get better really soon. Try to rest it as much as possible and maybe it will heal faster. :)

catmandu
01-30-2011, 07:00 AM
We were afraid tht you had a bad reaction to the litter as sometimes happens.
A little phsiotherapy and we pray that your shoulder will be all right:love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
01-30-2011, 04:13 PM
Thanks Barb and Gary.:) I just got off of the phone with a docotor and she's calling in a presription for me to help the pain. She's also writing me a note so that I can take a few days off of work. She doesn't think that I've torn anything but she thinks that I've bruised the muscle. Hopefully in about 3-4 more days I'll start feeling much better.

BarbPond
01-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Thats good news! :love:

catnapper
01-30-2011, 07:48 PM
I hope its all right. I hurt my rotator cuff 2 years ago and still have pain issues with my left shoulder. I did the same thing to my right last month (UGH!) but there are great exercises to follow to strengthen the muscle.