PDA

View Full Version : A dog that does not shed

HowieDawn
11-12-2000, 03:51 PM
I am currently in search of a dog for my grandmother. She had a "Snoodle" that was part snauzer and part poodle. But unfortunately someone stold him. She wants a little dog that does not shed. does anyone know of a breed. With the animal shelter you never know how big one is going to get. she wants a very small one.

KYS
11-12-2000, 05:00 PM
Here is a partial list of small dogs that our
light shedders but grooming is requirred
on some.

Dachshnd/
Schnauzer - grooming
Maltese - grooming
Terriers/active, fisty some grooming.
West. High Terrier is is usually the least fisty of the terrier group.
Eng. Toy Spaniel-grooming
Yorkshire Terrier-grooming
silky terr.- grooming
Toy Poodle-grooming

Usually Pure bred dogs all have their own
rescue. Do not rule a rescue dog that
is no longer a puppy.
Many of the rescues will critique each dog
in their care and match up with the right owner. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

BoxerLover
11-12-2000, 06:26 PM
Don't forget the bichon frise (pronounced bishawn frizhay) They don't shed, are small, adorable, and reqire little grooming if you don't show them.

shais_mom
11-12-2000, 06:52 PM
I don't think an italian greyhound sheds very much--very short hair/
Or a chihuahua?? A lady I work with has a puppy and she is trying to train it to the new dog litter!
What about the Chinese Crested?? I would probably treat this dog more like a cat. Rarely allowed outside.

RachelJ
11-12-2000, 07:33 PM
Please don't outrule animal shelters to find a dog for your grandmother. First take into consideration that animal shelters have mostly adult dogs and with an adult dog you do know how big it will be because it is already there http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif. Second, an adult dog may be a much better choice for an older person, who may not want to deal with the antics of puppyhood. I saw a darling white poodle at an animal shelter a week ago. As the dogs they have change frequently, you might want to stop in every week to see what is up. The cost of adopting is usually very reasonable.

ktreva52
11-12-2000, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by KYS:
Here is a partial list of small dogs that our
light shedders but grooming is requirred
on some.

Dachshnd/
Schnauzer - grooming
Maltese - grooming
Terriers/active, fisty some grooming.
West. High Terrier is is usually the least fisty of the terrier group.
Eng. Toy Spaniel-grooming
Yorkshire Terrier-grooming
silky terr.- grooming
Toy Poodle-grooming

Usually Pure bred dogs all have their own
rescue. Do not rule a rescue dog that
is no longer a puppy.
Many of the rescues will critique each dog
in their care and match up with the right owner. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

If these dogs are not going to be shown, most of them need minimal grooming. You don't metnion two of my favorites -- the Jack Russell Terrier (roughs shed less than smooths) and the Border Terrier. Either breed can be "groomed" by hand stripping the coat (it doesn't hurt as it just takes out dead hair) or left "au natural". The Border in its natural coat resembles Benjie a bit. Rescue groups are a good bet as they should be able to tell you some about the dog that shelters will not know or even care about. And I agree that an older dog is probably a better choice as most of them are already house trained and are way past that puppy teething thing that causes them to eat everything. Good luck in the search.

Forgot to mention: Border Terriers and JRTs usually go around 14 pounds and stand about 12-14 inches at the shoulder. Also, they have few inbred health problems -- though no breed is exempt.

[This message has been edited by ktreva52 (edited November 12, 2000).]

AdoreMyDogs
11-13-2000, 11:05 AM
Howie Dawn,

I recomend a pug. They don't shed too much, require little to no grooming, don't require much excersise, in fact, they are just not built for much excersise, they are great at cheering you up, great with kids, great with other pets. They are a whole car full of clowns, inside one compact, funny little body. They are great for someone who likes to laugh ALOT! I think they'd be great for someone suffering from depression because they are so funny. My pug will make me laugh so much that my stomach hurts. I was making my 2 dogs do a fasion show for one of my brothers who was in town with a couple of his friends, my aussie mix had his handsome blue & grey coat with matching booties...he was reluctant to show off his outfit. When I was putting the pugs little pink turtle neck sweater on, I could feel her tremble with excitement...she simply could not WAIT to show off her sweater. When I finally got it on her little wiggle body, she ripped out of my arms, into the living room (where everyone was waiting to see her) and she ran so fast that she slid on the carpet...she slid, landed on her side, got up, let out this big "oh my god, I am so excited that I'm going to burst" gasp, she saw how everyone laughed at her running so hard that she tripped and slid, that you could tell she tried to do it again...she again took a running start and tried to slide again so she could get some more laughs. We laughed so hard that all of our stomachs hurt, we cried from laughing. She's really something.

They have alot of pug rescues, I would recomend an older dog because I have been told the puppies are sometimes hard to house train and they could be hyper, depending on the pug. I adopted mine a couple months ago, she's 7 years old and she's great.

horse_1987
11-13-2000, 04:03 PM
I agree Pugs are great dogs I would suggest a Shih Tzu, they are great little dogs (happen to be my favourite) very sweet and lovable... the vet told me they don't shed. but, then again.. if u don't have the time to groom it, u don't want a Shih Tzu!!

HowieDawn
11-13-2000, 04:30 PM
I will keep all of the breeds in mind. I wanted to start looking early. She doesn't want to get one until the weather gets a little nicer. I have a Shih Tzu. She gets brushed once a day and bathed about twice a week and she still sheds like crazy.

HowieDawn
11-13-2000, 04:32 PM
Adore My Dogs Ha Ha Ha you sound like you have a fun time with your pug http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif

raynie
11-13-2000, 05:47 PM
someone mentioned a pug. i have one and it is the best dog. an excellent companion for an older person, but holly cow does he shed. and thats all year around.

My Dog Daisy
11-13-2000, 08:13 PM
Portuguese Water Dogs do not shed. They do require grooming and weekly brushing.

JackChihuahua
11-15-2000, 10:34 PM
Don't get a terrier, they are just as high maintenance as a large dog. I have a Jack Russell. But if you want a low shedding, low maintenance loyal dog. Go for the littlelist...as Chihuahua, they are great for elderly people.

Originally posted by HowieDawn:
I am currently in search of a dog for my grandmother. She had a "Snoodle" that was part snauzer and part poodle. But unfortunately someone stold him. She wants a little dog that does not shed. does anyone know of a breed. With the animal shelter you never know how big one is going to get. she wants a very small one.

JackChihuahua
11-15-2000, 10:37 PM
These terriers are great, but the are not recommended for an elderly person at all. They require too much frequent excercise (jack russells). An elderly person may not be able to keep up with those demands. My Jack wants to go out every 20 minutes, she's great for me, but I wouldn't recommend her for and elderly woman. JR's are known to be very high maintenance, it's a fact.

Originally posted by ktreva52:
If these dogs are not going to be shown, most of them need minimal grooming. You don't metnion two of my favorites -- the Jack Russell Terrier (roughs shed less than smooths) and the Border Terrier. Either breed can be "groomed" by hand stripping the coat (it doesn't hurt as it just takes out dead hair) or left "au natural". The Border in its natural coat resembles Benjie a bit. Rescue groups are a good bet as they should be able to tell you some about the dog that shelters will not know or even care about. And I agree that an older dog is probably a better choice as most of them are already house trained and are way past that puppy teething thing that causes them to eat everything. Good luck in the search.

Forgot to mention: Border Terriers and JRTs usually go around 14 pounds and stand about 12-14 inches at the shoulder. Also, they have few inbred health problems -- though no breed is exempt.

HowieDawn
11-16-2000, 05:21 PM
Its funny for everyone to call my grandmother elderly. She is 72, but I have never really thought of her in that way...considering she is always outside working in her flowergarden or watching two of her grandchildren. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif I am going to print off all of these replies so that she can read them and decide from that.

karen israel
11-17-2000, 06:03 AM
Hi HowieDawn...I don't think that using the word elderly was meant as an insult. Believe me, I'm nearing 1/2 a century and don't think 72 is old. But I don't jog and run like I used to and compete in strenuous activities so it was meant as being more subdued, I'm sure. Tell your grandma not to take offense..these youngsters,, you know how they are......

Pam
11-17-2000, 06:47 AM
Loved your story Adore My Dogs!! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif I was in the pet store yesterday buying cat food and there were two pugs in the store trying on sweaters for the winter. One was a male and one was a female. I asked their owners if they were related and they said no, they just met in the store. So cute! They looked so cute in their sweaters and we were teasing about how there was no private "fitting room" in the store! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif They were absolutely adorable and seemed to love the whole process!!

AdoreMyDogs
11-17-2000, 08:22 AM
She really does like to be dressed up. And in the first 7 years of her life she was not able to be truly happy, not able to be a clown, and had no one around to show off her silliness to. She was locked in a laundry room very long hours. Now that she's with me I think she has 7 years of being silly and making us laugh all built up in her and that's why she's so funny. She's just overflowing with good humor and charm.

Pam
11-18-2000, 06:53 AM
Adore.....Did you have any problems getting your pug adjusted to "life outside the laundry room?" I am so glad that you have given her such a loving home and that the second half of her life will be filled with lots of love. I just love these happy ending stories!!! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

HowieDawn
11-18-2000, 08:12 AM
Oh no, I never took offense in the "elderly" part. I was just trying to express my feelings towards her.

Margrete
12-08-2000, 08:31 PM
Miniature Schnauzers do not shed but do need to be groomed - with good brushing you can go for 8 weeks - otherwise 6 is the norm. My husband and I have our 5th Miniature Schnauzer puppy now - and not one of them has had a problem with shedding. He is allergic so that is important to us. We also have a little neighbor boy down the street with severe allergies whuch often lead to asthma attacks and he can play and pet our dogs with out a problem. I live in California and looked in the yellow pages for pet rescue agencies where you could get a full grown dog. Check under both "dogs" and "animals" in your yellow pages to see if they have listings for small breed or pure breed animal rescue services. There is also a Schnauzer Rescue site on the Web. Unfortunately I no longer have it due to a computer virus which wiped out a lot of information. Could try and find it again if you are interested. Good luck in your search!

Margrete
12-08-2000, 09:10 PM
Found the Schnauzer Rescue site on the web that I mentioned. It is WW.Schnauzerrescue.com -then just click on any of the photos on the left of the screen. Good luck!

ownerof3dogs
12-08-2000, 09:16 PM
Another breed I've found that doesn't shed very much is the Tibetan terrier

HowieDawn
12-09-2000, 11:15 AM
Oh Margrete, that site is wonderful. A schnauzer is what my grandmother really wants.

Jill
12-09-2000, 12:57 PM
No one has mentioned a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier. They are a medium size dog, about knee height. My mother has one and she is wonderful. They have excellent temperments, and are not high sturng at all. They are a fairly new breed introduced some time durring the seventies I believe (dont quote me on that). They have a lovely golden coat that vurtually needs no brushing. They do need to be shaved about once every three months or their coat gets very long and will need to be brushed. They do not shed AT ALL!

HowieDawn
12-09-2000, 02:05 PM
for some odd reason she is dead set against terriors. And she said that she wants a small dog.

RachelJ
12-09-2000, 04:16 PM
If she wants a purebred dog, the Bichon Frise would be perfect for her. Small, non shedding, and generally a delightful little dog. I always say that the Bichon will be my next dog, but when the time comes, it will probably whatever dog is there when I go into the shelter. Your grandmother had a poodle mix before and you might be able to find another at a shelter or rescue site. Just look for the curly coated dog. That is your best gage in determining if a dog will be "non shedding". Margarete is correct about Schnauzers as well.

Sophies Daddy
12-09-2000, 11:21 PM
If she is dead set against terriers, she really has few choices. The only small "non-shedding" dogs that I know of that are not terriers are poodles and bichons. There may be a few other breeds, but they will be curly-haired as well. Those people who state any other dogs consider "minimal shedding" as "non-shedding." There is a big difference. Curly-haired dogs, however, require a lot of care and grooming because they don't lose their hair and it tends to mat and tangle without careful attention to their coats, as would our hair if we didn't take care of it. If she gets a curly dog, I recommend that she keep it cut short if she doesn't want to take care of it.

I do not recommend the schnauzer simply because they are such a pain to train. They are very headstrong dogs and rarely listen to their owners. We can spot schnauzer owners a mile away: they seem to always be hunched over. I like to say that this is because they are always chasing their rotten dogs, arms outspread, yelling "Get over here you little s**t!"

While schnauzers do not have a seasonal shed, they do shed year round. It is less than most dogs, but the hair is still there. All dogs shed a bit, just like people, but the seasonal shed is what most people talk about.

Are you sure that your grandmother really wants a dog? This thread has gone on so long that it doesn't seem that she is really interested. I wouldn't recommend forcing a dog on anyone that truly doesn't want one on their own. Not all people are dog people and those that are not will quickly get frustrated with a dog. There is a lot of work and patience necessary. Please don't create a rescue dog because you feel she needs a companion. Ask her if she really wants a dog at all. People who say that they don't want a dog that sheds invariably are also saying that they don't want a dog that drags dirt into their house, that doesn't ever mess the carpet, doesn't occasionally get into the trash, doesn't chew on anything inappropriate, doesn't get sick, doesn't dig up their garden, doesn't leave land mines in the yard, etc. In other words, it is the easiest way to eliminate a dog as a potential pet.

How about a fish or a cat? We all love our dogs or we wouldn't be on this forum. We should also love them enough to make sure that they have a healthy, loving home.

[This message has been edited by Sophies Daddy (edited December 10, 2000).]

Margrete
12-10-2000, 12:31 AM
You are right about Miniature Schnauzers bein headstrong but not one of our five has been a "pain to train"!! They are really smart and love to please their owners. Maybe the ones you've encountered had owners who weren't willing to put in the time and effort it takes to teach a dog to obey. We train every day and one of the things our first trainer taught us was that you never stop training your dog - they love it - particularly the praise!!

HowieDawn
12-10-2000, 01:51 PM
"If she gets a curly dog, I recommend that she keep it cut short if she doesn't want to take care of it." Just because someone wants a dog that does not shed, DOES NOT mean that they do not want to take care of it. This forum would not be here if she and I were not concerned!

"Are you sure that your grandmother really wants a dog? This thread has gone on so long that it doesn't seem that she is really interested."

(posted by me on November 13, 2000) "I will keep all of the breeds in mind. I wanted to start looking early. She doesn't want to get one until the weather gets a little nicer."

What on earth made you decide to say "This thread has gone on so long that it doesn't seem that she is really interested."
The reason why this has gone on so long is because my grandmother wants to make sure that she gets the right dog to make both the dog and her happy. Do you just wake up one day, decide to buy a car and then buy the first one that you lay your eyes on???? No, you shop around, test drive some, and see what you want. My grandmother wants to make sure she gets what she wants.

"I wouldn't recommend forcing a dog on anyone that truly doesn't want one on their own."

Didn't your mother teach you that if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all? Who said anything about "FORCING" a dog on my grandmother? nobody is forcing anything.

"Not all people are dog people"

So out of this forum, of me trying to help someone decide what they want and by learning the characteristics out of a dog...you automatically have decided that my grandmother is not one of the "dog poeople"

"Please don't create a rescue dog because you feel she needs a companion."

(on this comment i am keeping my mouth shut because "i cannot think of anything nice to say")

"Ask her if she really wants a dog at all."

If she didn't want a dog, then i would not have posted this topic

"People who say that they don't want a dog that sheds invariably are also saying that they don't want a dog that drags dirt into their house"

the dog will go for walks and help her dig in her flowerbed and all of that other good stuff, so of course it will get dirty

"that doesn't ever mess the carpet doesn't occasionally get into the trash, doesn't chew on anything inappropriate, doesn't get sick, doesn't dig up their garden, doesn't leave land mines in the yard, etc."

She has children and they have children and some of them have children, these things DO NOT bother her.

"In other words, it is the easiest way to eliminate a dog as a potential pet."

In other words, like i said before, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all

"How about a fish or a cat?"

I feel four letter words comming on

"We all love our dogs or we wouldn't be on this forum. We should also love them enough to make sure that they have a healthy, loving home."

So what you are saying is... just because this forum has gone on so long you believe that my grandmother would not supply a healthy loving home? I don't understand why you even put up a post. There was no reason to write all of the rude comments that you did!

HowieDawn
12-10-2000, 01:55 PM
My last reply was directed to and only to Sophies Daddy.

Pam
12-10-2000, 02:28 PM
Sophies Dad.....I think that your latest post may have resulted in the first "argument" on this site and I was sorry to see it happen. I don't feel that saying mean-spirited things about any particular breed serves anyone. The thing that makes this site so delightful is that so many different types of dogs and cats are represented here. The feedback between animal lovers of all kinds is refreshing and is what makes this site a pleasure to visit. No, I do not own a schnauzer but I respect the love that their "people" have for this breed. We are all different.

Karen
12-10-2000, 03:36 PM
Hey, folks, let's still play nice. HowieDawn, maybe Sophie's Dad is just one of those people who isn't into shopping around as much as some people are. It is also difficult when people have had bad experiences with rescue pups, and I think we can all agree we would never want to put any dog in a bad situation. It sounds like your grandma is going about things the right way, and thinking about everything carefully enough so that she and the right dog will be happy together, which is, after all, what everyone wants, right? Happy humans, happy dogs, and all being happy together!

And folks, remember, you can always email an individual person if their address is listed, if you have comments you don't need to share with the whole group! We are all here because we love animals, even if our human emotions sometimes cause misunderstandings.

HowieDawn
12-10-2000, 03:43 PM
yes ma'am http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif

ktreva52
12-10-2000, 11:56 PM
Well, I'm with Karen -- let's all play nicely. One breed I haven't seen mentioned is the Maltese. It is a lovely small dog with quite a bit of coat, BUT, it sounds as though Grandma wouldn't necessarily have a problem with that and sometimes grooming a dog can be very relaxing for the dog and the groomer. They are very small, not much larger than the Chihuahua and very bright doggies. They are great lap dogs and not as prissy as they appear at the shows.

P.S. My mother, who breeds and shows Border Terriers is 72 and it keeps her quite active and going strong. She has a few health problems (arthritis and such), but working with the dogs (she has 4) and doing the grooming and showing makes her seem much younger. She even does flyball and agility with the terriers! By the way, she didn't even get into showing dogs until she was in her 50's and started with Vizslas. When she decided they were too big to handle easily, she opted for the Borders.

The key to any breed being a good companion is training and socialization and consistency. I hope your grandmother finds what she wants, HowieDawn. Let us know.

[This message has been edited by ktreva52 (edited December 11, 2000).]

SchnauzerLady
12-11-2000, 07:29 AM
I wonder if Sophies Daddy has ever owned loving schnauzers? I cannot believe so, or he would not be so deprecating. I have had three minis and now have a black standard, who lives very happily with his companion Patterdale terrier. A mini or standard would make a superb companion for Grandma; they love people and other dogs and can happily co-exist with cats, if introduced early enough. My first mini came from the US and served quarantine in the UK in order to share the following 13 years with us here in England. Do let Grandma go meet some of these real canine characters, she won't be disappointed. Incidentally, they are not difficult to train, but do benefit from a happy and relaxed atmosphere - perhaps that could be why Sophies Daddy has had problems with them..

RachelJ
12-11-2000, 09:08 AM
Sometimes things are said with wry wit and unless we pick up on this, we can take them too personally. Sophie's Daddy has also had a lot of experience with dog owners who really don't have what it takes to be a dog owner. Maybe he has met one too many of them. He was making a point about all the things that need to be considered. Again, sometimes the written word (no intonations or facial expressions to assist) does not convey the spirit in which things were intended. I am sorry that feelings were hurt by his comments but I really do believe his heart is in the right place.

Sophie's Daddy, As far as this thread having gone on for so long, you are dealing with a lot of Mommies here...you know, Men are from Mars and Women from Venus. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/tongue.gif

JackChihuahua
12-11-2000, 10:09 AM
Sophie's Dad said nothing wrong. We all have a right to an opinion. People let's not get too sensitive here. ALL dogs are great! ;-)

------------------
Best Regards ~

lhg0962
12-11-2000, 04:36 PM
Whew! I was only gone three days.....
But, my 66 year old mother is getting her 6 week old male Boston Terrier on Sunday and she couldn't be more excited! It is a compact breed, expected to be no more than 18 pounds. She is not elderly either!
Anyway, that might be a good suggestion for your grandmother too!

carrie
12-11-2000, 06:13 PM
RachelJ how diplomatic are you? If aliens ever contact us I want you on the reception party! In fact I want you to answer all questions I am ever asked!!!
I do truly think that Rachel has hit the nub of the whole thing. I'm sure no disrespect was meant. It has been an interesting and involving topic and I love the way everyone has their favourites. There are certain breeds and types that I wouldn't choose to own (oh really!?) but I have my reasons.
It goes to show how much we really use body language without noticing - we all need to get used to a written language again.
The only minature schnauzer I have known was a brilliant character. He knew his own mind but was more than willing to give way to someone he considered competent to lead.

Sophies Daddy
12-11-2000, 09:18 PM
I want to post a formal apology. I did not intend to offend anyone with my remarks.
I did not intend to create a tiff. I have simply seen this situation several times and always look for the welfare of the dog. When I read the whole thread, I became very concerned for the potential dog and my reaction was very emotional. So often I have seen great effort taken by people to find a dog for someone because they feel that the person really wants a dog only to find out later that the dog and the person do not match or the belief was misguided. Because I have close ties to a very large community of dog people, I have been involved in trying to place three dogs in the last six months that resulted from similar situations (eight total in the last year and a half). The happy thing that I can say is that the dogs now have wonderful homes. One such placement involved a woman that felt that she could not get "attached" to the dog because she was 78 years old and could not imagine the possibility of what would happen to the poor dog should she pass on before the dog did. Unfortunately, the lack of attention and bonding created a three year old dog with several behavior problems. She had had dogs before, in fact several. I'm not saying that the grandmother involved is such a person, just that this thread set off an alarm.

My comments on the miniature schnauzer should have been written with a smiley face at the end. While I have personally met only one of the breed that passed the CD (and did so only by attending miniature schnauzer specialty shows), I understand that there are many gems in the breed. They are also known as loving and protective family members. My observation regarding the hunchbacked owners still holds true, however. It is an odd phenomenon and one that intrigues me greatly. I even had a chance to see the dog above pass her third leg for her CD at the specialty and I have to say that, out of about 20 owners, at least eight were hunched over. Very, very strange http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Sophies Daddy (edited December 11, 2000).]

HowieDawn
12-11-2000, 10:33 PM
We have "hopefully" found the right dog. it is a mini. Schnauzer. The puppy's father is either a Cairn Terrier or a Salt and Pepper Mini. Schnauzer. (yes i know, she said that she does not want a terrior, but she loves schnauzers.) She before said that she did not want a dog until spring, but she got so excited when I told her that I found one. My husband and I will be traveling to Danville, Virginia the first week of January to pick it up for her if it works out. The owners of te puppy and I still need to sort some things out before we decide. Thank you everyone for your help. Any suggestions are still accepted as long as your feelings are expressed "nicely" with smiley faces http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif (pun intended)

Margrete
12-12-2000, 02:11 AM
Thanks for the apology - especially about the rotten schnauzers. Our first one, Sam, got a CD and not in a specialized trial. He also did it in only 3 legs. We never entered the other dogs because it really wasn't that important to us and also our job hours involved working so many weekends that we couldn't attend shows. Now that we are both retired we are considering entering our new baby Molly - she is a 6 month old miniature schnauzer who comes when called, sits, downs, waits and is working hard at heel and stay. She already stays for a couple of minutes but obviously that isn't long enough. She also can retrieve either a frisbee or ball and drop it so we can throw it again. Thank goodness - we're getting too old to chase her!! Maybe the reason Schnauzer owners are stooped over when training is the dogs are so little - I've told many trainers the next dog I got would be at least waist high!! It is really hard to train when stooped over. I have had to take time out to sit down sometimes because I was getting dizzy!! Once they get it down, 'tho, they are great little dogs!!

Margrete
12-12-2000, 02:14 AM
What wonderful news - please keep us posted about the outcome!!

HowieDawn
12-12-2000, 10:17 AM
I will keep everyone posted

shais_mom
12-12-2000, 10:30 AM
wow I was gone for 3 days too and I agree with Logan!!!Tensions were running high!!
I really wish your grandma good luck with her new dog and I also hope that SophiesDaddy doesn't get scared and run off the board.
I agree I think his heart was in the right place. If he works with rescue dogs he knows what they go thru and where they come from.

Jesus is the Reason for the Season and Happy Holidays!!

Pam
12-12-2000, 02:47 PM
Three cheers for RachelJ and her abilities to diffuse a tense situation. Also three cheers for Sophie's Daddy for his note. I think tranquility has been restored! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif No harm done!

HowieDawn
12-12-2000, 07:04 PM
P.S. Appology accepted http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

Karen
12-12-2000, 07:43 PM
It is so exciting when a new puppy joins any family, and I'm sure you and your grandma will keep us posted! And maybe if your grandma is "vertically challenged" like some, she won't have to stoop over to train the pup! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif