PDA

View Full Version : Well..I'm pretty sad now.

Alysser
01-27-2011, 07:04 PM
My sister just left for an internship that's going to be 7 months...she's going to intern at Disney for the rest of the semester and for the whole summer. I've become much closer to my sister over the last few years and I am really, really sad right now. I'm going to see her in April, we're going down there for a mini-vacation sort of thing. I actually cried after she left, which is very rare. I don't cry - when I do I have a legitimate reason for it. It's just going to be really weird. She's not going to see Mikey for 7 months and she is missing my graduation and everything - this is just really sad. I know it's a good thing for her and while I'm happy for her, I'm still sad about her leaving.

Sorry just kinda had to get this out. :(

Karen
01-27-2011, 07:10 PM
That's okay. we're here for you! What kind of internship does she have? That sounds exciting!

Scooter's Mom
01-27-2011, 07:50 PM
A girl I worked with did that a few years ago. She worked the reservations area at Disney World in Florida. I don't know what she's doing now, but I know she had a lot of fun doing the internship!

Suki Wingy
01-28-2011, 03:14 PM
My sister is only thirteen but we've gotten closer and I'm living away from her now. Will she have regular internet access? That makes it a lot easier. I'm sure she'll be having so much fun at Disney!

Alysser
01-28-2011, 04:16 PM
She'll be doing shows/entertainment at Disney. She auditioned awhile ago with the Disney College Program but it's pretty cool. I know she's excited but I'll still miss her. Yes, she has internet access so I will talk to her alot, but this still kind of sucks. When she moved to a dorm, it was different because that was like an hour away..this is like across the country.

Scooter's Mom
01-28-2011, 05:41 PM
I felt the same when my brother left home. I was a junior in high school when he left to join the Navy. What I didn't know was how much closer we would end up being. It really changed our relationship from "siblings" to friends as well.

I know it's difficult. The time will go super fast! :)