PDA

View Full Version : Bubba. 1996-Jan.14, 2011

smokey the elder
01-27-2011, 02:46 PM
It took awhile to be able to write this. My sweet old man, Bubba the Love Sponge, passed away sometime during the night on Jan. 14.

He had had a pretty tough upper respiratory infection, but was responding to his new meds and was starting to eat on his own. But that Saturday morning I found the poor kitty.

Bubba was a "failed" foster. He was part of a big rescue from Brooklyn in 2004. I kept bringing him to adoption days, but no one would even look at him, even though he was such a sweet cat. I think his age (8 at the time) and the fact that he had a crooked tail and a little chunk out of his ear worked against him. But, I eventually found out that he adopted me.

I'll miss you, Bubba.

Taz_Zoee
01-27-2011, 03:08 PM
I am so sorry about Bubba. He knew where he wanted to spend the rest of his life.....in a great home. And that he did.

RIP Bubba

happylabs
01-27-2011, 03:27 PM
So sorry for your loss. It is never easy. I call my cat Buddy, Bubba sometimes. Hugs to you.

Freedom
01-27-2011, 03:42 PM
Oh dear, I am so sorry to read this. Hugs to you.

So many times, cats seem to "land" in the right home, even though we may try to place them elsewhere. Bubba had a good life with you. RIP Bubba.

pomtzu
01-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Rest in peace, dear Bubba. You will be missed and never forgotten.

phesina
01-27-2011, 05:15 PM
Oh, I am so sorry. My deepest sympathy to you and all who love Bubba so much.

What a wonderful, happy home you have had, Bubba! Rest in peace, dear kitty, at the Bridge as you await the grand reunion, One Fine Day..

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

Cataholic
01-27-2011, 06:43 PM
I am so sorry to hear Bubba is gone. I hope the many memories will ease your heart some.

krazyaboutkatz
01-28-2011, 01:20 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Bubba's passing.:( I'm glad that you both had some wonderful years together and some day you'll meet again. RIP sweet Bubba.:(

Medusa
01-28-2011, 06:44 AM
I'm so sorry that Bubba has gone to the Bridge. I hope that, w/each day, the pain will lessen and you will be left w/only good memories. Bubba knew where he wanted to be, w/you, and he spent the rest of his days w/someone who loved him. RIP, sweet Bubba and peace to your humans.

emily_the_spoiled
01-28-2011, 08:12 AM
I am so sorry to read about Bubba. I know that you will miss him deeply, but he is watching over you from the RB and will be there to greet you when the time comes and you are together again.

Sonia59
01-28-2011, 08:18 AM
I am so sorry! RIP sweet Bubba, you will not be forgotten. Even if no one else wanted to adopt you, you found the right home :love:

Queen of Poop
01-28-2011, 08:32 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.

catmandu
01-28-2011, 09:14 AM
Bubba you are such a Big Lucky Cat , that your Guardian looked past your small imperfections and the fact that you were a Senior Kittyzen, and saw that treasure that you are.:love:
It is sad that you are gone, but there is a special place for Special Love Sponge Cats with Our Awesome Angels Army and we know that you will love the Big Picnic in your honour tonight in Greece.
We know that you will drop by and let your Family know that you are all right, and that you will start searching for a great place where you can all be reunited in love.
One Fine Day:love:

smokey the elder
01-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Thanks, folks. Gary, Bubba would like to put in an order for all the stuff that he wanted that were "not for kitties", ESPECIALLY barbecue!

I have heard purrs where no cat was near, and last night I could have sworn I got a head bumpie when no cat was near.:love:

Pinot's Mom
01-28-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm so sorry you've lost Bubba; Peace to you and your family. Bubba, RIP.

Barbara
01-28-2011, 03:04 PM
I am sorry for your loss. May Bubba stay around you a bit longer.

kitten645
01-29-2011, 09:03 PM
Bubba is surely with you. :love: I'm so sorry for your lose. It sounds like he went peacefully. RIP little one. :(