PDA

View Full Version : Thursday - The 415!!

gini
01-27-2011, 11:31 AM
There is no one here!! Everyone must have gotten snowed in. I will start up a fire, brew some coffee, put a kettle on for the tea and look for some food.

Some people may have to spend the night here - the buses aren't running
and they have no way to get home.

I'll turn on some lights so everyone knows the place is open!!

I just found everyone - they were down at the 414 still celebrating Moff's birthday!

RICHARD
01-27-2011, 11:53 AM
There is no one here!! Everyone must have gotten snowed in. I will start up a fire, brew some coffee, put a kettle on for the tea and look for some food.

Some people may have to spend the night here - the buses aren't running
and they have no way to get home.

I'll turn on some lights so everyone knows the place is open!!

I just found everyone - they were down at the 414 still celebrating Moff's birthday!

Thanks for opening up the bar.

I am kinda lost on the day of the week.

--------

Everyone knows that when the buses don't run, they roll?

Ugh...bad pun.

I'm DONE!;)

Randi
01-27-2011, 12:00 PM
Oh Gini, how nice of you to open up. Ok, I'm not here that often, but I'd like to contribute with some candles. You get on with the coffee and I'll brew some tea.

How about one of those delicious sandwiches you had when I visited? :p

smokey the elder
01-27-2011, 01:09 PM
How about some pastrami Reubens, with or without sauerkraut? I'll make some hot chocolate with folks' choice of "secret ingredient", or just nekkid.:)

cassiesmom
01-27-2011, 02:03 PM
Today is the anniversary of Mozart's birth... I'm listening to classical music in his honor :) I will put a pot of decaf on.

Thanks,
elyse

pomtzu
01-27-2011, 02:35 PM
I want to know how Randi's soup turned out - the one with all the different kinds of beans. Something like that would sure hit the spot on a cold winter day like this. And of course some warm crusty bread too.........

Randi - are you there???????????:confused::D

Pinot's Mom
01-27-2011, 05:03 PM
I'm up for a pastrami reuben, no sauerkraut, please! :)

Rough day! Hours of digging out my Subaru (hubby still not able to help) finally got to work at 10, already sore. Reuben and a Vodka/Ginger, please! :)

RICHARD
01-28-2011, 10:51 AM
I'm up for a pastrami reuben, no sauerkraut, please! :)

Rough day! Hours of digging out my Subaru (hubby still not able to help) finally got to work at 10, already sore. Reuben and a Vodka/Ginger, please! :)

Reuben, no sauer, vodka and ginger ale?
Done!

POM,

SOoup and crusty bread!

DONE!

CM,
I'll pour!

DONE!

STE,

Pastrami!

Great Idea.

Hi Randi!

I'll pour you a coffee.

Done!

slick
01-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Happy Friday everyone! What a busy week and I'l glad it's over now.

I'm taking down my Christmas tree this weekend :o:o Left it up a bit longer than I normally do. By sunday all my Christmas stuff will be packed away and taken downstairs to storage. **sigh**

Could I please have Spanish Coffee to take on my way home from work?

Richard, I'm going to try and call you on Sunday.

RICHARD
01-29-2011, 04:58 AM
Happy Friday everyone! What a busy week and I'l glad it's over now.

I'm taking down my Christmas tree this weekend :o:o Left it up a bit longer than I normally do. By sunday all my Christmas stuff will be packed away and taken downstairs to storage. **sigh**

Could I please have Spanish Coffee to take on my way home from work?

Richard, I'm going to try and call you on Sunday.

I just looked up a few days ago and see me Christmas cards.:p

DUMB!

Randi
01-29-2011, 07:27 AM
I want to know how Randi's soup turned out - the one with all the different kinds of beans.
Oh dear! I made the soup, but I should have taken the beans out after half an hour, or simply waited to put them in. They are horrible when cooked for that long. Anyway, I put it through a sieve and kept the soup, then added the rest of it. It actually tastes quite good now. I have frozen 3 containers of it. Gave most of the beans to a french girl I know, and some to the birds and the cats at the cemetary - they liked them. :)

Thanks - a Cafe au lait would be perfect right now - and I'm thinking of making a Pecan pie, since I brought a huge bag of Pecan nuts back from USA. :p

Slick, this has got to be the longest Christmas ever! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
01-29-2011, 12:35 PM
We actually got into the 60s yesterday! :eek: And 50s today.
The bottom will fall out Monday though starting with freezing rain, into snow on Tuesday and Wednesday, following with wind and highs around 16 Thursday. They haven't been brave enough to show us the forecast for Friday yet. :eek:

Would like a cherry limeade today and 6 cnts for the mob, please? :love:

gini
01-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Look out everyone, MOFF brought the Kansas Mob with her today.

A catnip tea is all it takes and off they go...............Chip - why are you throwing the cherries at Chuck? Poor Chester I think he is hiding under the sofa.

Come on over here you little Mob and I will tell you a story!

Richard, how about a tall rum and pepsi with lime? Thanks.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-29-2011, 05:20 PM
Look out everyone, MOFF brought the Kansas Mob with her today.

A catnip tea is all it takes and off they go...............Chip - why are you throwing the cherries at Chuck? Poor Chester I think he is hiding under the sofa.

Come on over here you little Mob and I will tell you a story!

Richard, how about a tall rum and pepsi with lime? Thanks.

You should have seen big brave Chip today. Two cats were fighting outside near my back porch. They were yowling and howling and carrying on something frightful. Scared Chip so bad he ran into his carrier and shut the door behind him. :D Even though he could get out, he hid in there for an hour. Even after I tossed water outside to break up the fight. My protector!!! :D

Queen of Poop
01-30-2011, 07:44 AM
Good Sunday morning everyone. I'm putting on coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Very cold and snowy here today. It's been blowing snow since Friday afternoon. The temp this morning is -20oC but the wind chill is -31oC. I wanted to go for a run this morning but I'm not crazy enough to head out in those temps!! No sure what that equates to in oF but it's darn cold!

pomtzu
01-30-2011, 10:22 AM
Good Sunday morning everyone. I'm putting on coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Very cold and snowy here today. It's been blowing snow since Friday afternoon. The temp this morning is -20oC but the wind chill is -31oC. I wanted to go for a run this morning but I'm not crazy enough to head out in those temps!! No sure what that equates to in oF but it's darn cold!

-20 = -4

-31 = - 23.8

Yup - you're right, Gayle - darn cold! :eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
01-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Batten down the hatches!!! We are in for a major winter storm. We can get up to a foot of snow plus freezing rain and drizzle between now and Wednesday morning. Then on Wednesday it will be windy with a high of 6 and low of -9 with wind chill of -20.

I feel the need for lots of veggie soup and hot tea just thinking of it. Fingers crossed the power stays on. I will have no heat if it doesn't. :eek: :love:

Queen of Poop
01-31-2011, 05:10 AM
MOFF, hope you're still warm and toasty indoors. Hot drinks on again this morning for everyone. More than darn cold today. -28oC which, I converted, is -18.4oF. Going to be a chilly trek to work today. Stay warm all!

sana
01-31-2011, 05:40 AM
Its very warm here in my city. I have a headache, most probably due to heat.
Richard, you serving some slushies? I'd like the tropical fruit one, please ;)

Pinot's Mom
01-31-2011, 08:31 AM
We're bracing for another ice storm this evening into tomorrow morning. I think we can make slushies fresh by about midnight. ;)

Hoping the forecast is wrong - our driveway will not be passable if it's correct. :(

Barkeep, please have the bar stocked with red wine for when I get off work - I think I'm going to need it!

slick
01-31-2011, 01:25 PM
We have a sunny day today but it's very cold and frosty. Mmmm, veggie soup sounds wonderful with maybe some fresh garlic toast?? Yummy.

Last day before BFH comes back from vacation on Tuesday. I'm thinking of saving up and giving her a one-way ticket to you-know-where.

In the meantime I'll take a cuppa thanks.

Randi
01-31-2011, 01:56 PM
Looks like it's time to post this: ;)
http://www.onlineconversion.com/temperature.htm

I won't complain about the weather here, it's been sunny, although a bit chilly, but at least no snow - so I can cycle. :)

Today, I made a huge Greek Moussaka - there's enough for everyone. Dig in!

A glass of of red wine to go with that, please! :D

pomtzu
01-31-2011, 04:37 PM
Ice storm headed this way tonight. I just hope we don't loose power - this house is all electric.

How about something to warm me up now tho - I've been freezing all day! A big bowl of chili with a side of corn bread would hit the spot. Oh - and some hot cider???

Stay warm and dry, everyone! Be careful if you must go out and you're having a dose of nasty weather.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-01-2011, 01:47 PM
It's deep and getting deeper. We have about a foot of snow with more coming. At least we missed the ice storm.

I made soup today. It started as potato but I tossed in a carrot and some broccoli and onion and stuff. It's pretty good and hot too. I'll share if any one is up for my mystery soup! :D :love:

I saw on the weather channel this morning that the ground hog's home is all surrounded by ice and all this snow is on the way. Guess that would be one way to keep that stinker from seeing his shadow tomorrow, keep him inside his burrow.