PDA

View Full Version : Update and pictures of "poofed' kitten

Crayons09
01-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Well no one has come looking for this sweet little guy. I really don't know how they are not looking for him. He is the sweetest little guy. I love the head bumps he gives:love: Him and Ole are getting along great too! He will walk up to Ole and rub against him:love: well enough of my blabbling here are the pictures of him. also if you have any name ideas I would apprieciate them.
http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/Louis_bubbles/Animals040.jpg
http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/Louis_bubbles/Animals030-Copy.jpg
this shows off his beautiful tabby markings
http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/Louis_bubbles/Animals019.jpg
The box pictures are my favorite
http://i962.photobucke.com/albums/ae109/Louis_bubbles/Animals027.jpg
http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/Louis_bubbles/Animals029.jpg
http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/Louis_bubbles/Animals025.jpg
more in the next post

Crayons09
01-26-2011, 11:28 PM
http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/Louis_bubbles/Animals022.jpg
http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/Louis_bubbles/Animals036.jpg
Ole has a built in cat toy:p
http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/Louis_bubbles/Animals020.jpg
This is what happens when Ole gets excited about the kitten. he boofs at him
http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/Louis_bubbles/Animals039.jpg
http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/Louis_bubbles/Animals033.jpg
I wish you could see him rubbing against Ole
Thanks for looking at the "Poofed" kitten:)

cassiesmom
01-26-2011, 11:53 PM
Oh, my! What a handsome tabby fellow!

I'm terrible with names and I really can't think of anything that goes well with Ole, Bubbles or Kyle -- so I'll leave well enough alone and just say it again.

Hello, cutie kitten! I really like your perfect tabby markings and your blue collar! Did you have fun in the box? Sure looks like it :D Welcome, sweet kitten!

hee hee, this one is so cute! Da pawsies!

BarbPond
01-27-2011, 12:48 AM
Oh he is just too cute! I am not too good with names either. Can you just call him Poof? It sure is different! :)

krazyaboutkatz
01-27-2011, 01:34 AM
He sure is handsome and he reminds me of a cat that I used to have named Cirrus who was formerly Flint. I'm sure you'll come up with a great name for him. I still can't believe that his former owners still haven't even tried to look for him. I bet they put him out in the hallway to try to get rid of him.:mad: I'm so glad that you found him and were able to take him in.:) So will you be able to keep him after all?

moosmom
01-27-2011, 05:47 AM
Great job!!! One thing...check his collar. Make SURE you can get two fingers under it, or losen it. It looks a little tight on him, which wouldn't surprize me considering the FORMER owners allowed him to roam the hall.

pomtzu
01-27-2011, 06:03 AM
Since he is "poofed", I was also thinking of Poof or Poofie. Definitely different, yet appropriate. Whatever you decide on, he is definitely "Lucky" to be in a new and caring home. :love: The Fuzzbuttz and I absolutely approve. ;)

Scooter's Mom
01-27-2011, 06:06 AM
I was going to say the same thing about the collar. It looks a little bit tight on him.

He reminds me of my sweet Scooter Bug. The only tabby I had before Scooter was generically named Tigger. Hehe, I was a pre-teen when I named him.

I love love love seeing pictures of this boy. Please post more when you can. :love:

Karen
01-27-2011, 07:00 AM
Stan!

Stan and Ollie were the first names of Laurel and Hardy, the famous comedy duo!

columbine
01-27-2011, 08:20 AM
He looks so happy, you might call him Felix (which means Happy)!

Love, Columbine

phesina
01-27-2011, 08:26 AM
He's just adorable! So glad you have poofed him.

Freedom
01-27-2011, 08:30 AM
Great job!

"Charlie" popped in to my mind, lol. NO idea why though.

aTailOf2Kitties
01-27-2011, 08:36 AM
Rambler, 'cuz he was wandering around. Or Snatch, 'cuz let's face it you stole him.

Bengalz
01-27-2011, 09:06 AM
Looks like a Calvin to me:D He is adorable and obviously happy to be in a home that appreciates him:love: Congratulations!

Taz_Zoee
01-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Oh my gush, he is adorable!!! He has the cutest face ever. :D
His collar looks tight in some of the pictures, but the one Cassiesmom reposted it does not look tight at all. And I absolutely LOVE that picture in the box.
Hey, how bout Jack for his name. Jack in the box. :)

catmandu
01-27-2011, 09:48 AM
Could you please consider Moose , after My Big Old MagnfiCat Angel :love:
He would love having a Rescued Protege for He and Priscilla to mentor:love::love:

He would fill your home with Big Moose Purrs:D:D
Bless you for giving this Handsome Cat a much nicer home:love::love:

katladyd
01-27-2011, 12:12 PM
I like Moose, but I also like the name Hobo. He WAS found wandering around.:D

Taz_Zoee
01-27-2011, 12:32 PM
I think Moose is a perfect name!! With the shape of his head (it looks rather large, could just be the pix) it fits. :D

kaycountrygal
01-27-2011, 12:52 PM
How about Casper? Casper was a ghost and he could just poof away LOL

Crayons09
01-27-2011, 01:08 PM
No worries on the collar. You can fit 3 fingers in it. He could easily get it off if he wanted to. Its still up in the air if I will keep him .depends how my roommate does with him. He stays in my room most of the time then comes out when I'm here. He has been perfect using his litter box, doesn't chew on things. I hope I can keep him if not I will be sure he goes to the best home I can find for him.:) Love the name suggestions I will have to put them together and try to come up with one. I kinda like the name Bleaker for some reason. Its from the movie Juno. One of my friends suggested Vader as in Darth Vader. I will keep everyone updated with pictures of him . After all he is so photogenic:love:

cassiesmom
01-27-2011, 02:02 PM
couple Scandinavian names I found on the Web (to go with Ole)
Tait or Tate- cheerful
Anders- manly

He's so very adorable! I've enjoyed looking at these pictures again!

carole
01-27-2011, 04:54 PM
He is so darn cute, i sure hope you do keep him, how about magic, as he appeared like magic, or toby or tobias, or leon, or darius,or tyson or tyler.

Laura's Babies
01-27-2011, 07:05 PM
Adoareable, Beautiful, Honey, Sweetheart...they all fit him.. He is so wonderful!!!

Medusa
01-28-2011, 06:52 AM
What a cutie pie! When I've named my cats, I let them "earn" their names by watching their behavior and antics. Maybe that will help you come up w/a name.

cassiesmom
02-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Does the tabby cat cutie have a name yet, Crayons09? Could you please give him some petting from me?

kitten645
02-01-2011, 10:35 PM
You absolutely did not steal him. You saved/rescued him! :love: And I LOVE Stan & Olie!:love: Cuteness! He looks like a lovebug. I hope you can keep him.

aTailOf2Kitties
02-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Crayon took something he/she knew belonged to someone else. It is not his/her place to decide who deserves to own a pet.

lizbud
02-02-2011, 10:24 AM
You absolutely did not steal him. You saved/rescued him! :love:

I agree.:)

phesina
02-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Crayon took something he/she knew belonged to someone else. It is not his/her place to decide who deserves to own a pet.

A pet deserves to be owned by someone who looks after it and takes care of it.

Do you also think it is not anyone else's place to decide who deserves to have custody of a child, no matter how badly abused or mistreated that child may be?

aTailOf2Kitties
02-02-2011, 01:23 PM
so, you're saying we should be allowed to kidnap an abused child instead of calling the authorities?

the cat was not mistreated, just shy. Who are we, the Cat police? Call animal control to deal with an animal you honestly think has been abused. It's their job to figure this stuff out. If you just flat-out want the cat, at least have the decency to tell them you have it. Hiding the truth is the same as lying. In the end they may not care if you keep it, but you need to confirm that with them.

I'm just glad none of you live close to me. I might end up with one less cat after one of your judgemental visits. Clearly I mistreat Havoc, otherwise he wouldn't run funny and have a watery eye.:rolleyes:

If shelters were as judgemental of potential owners as the rest of you, how many more animals would die?

phesina
02-02-2011, 03:17 PM
so, you're saying we should be allowed to kidnap an abused child instead of calling the authorities?

No, I'm saying we shouldn't just ignore it.

Catty1
02-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Ummm...the cat's owners are not looking for him or seemingly worried at all.

There have been many 'poofed' cats in the history of Pet Talkers and it is not done lightly.

TO2Ks - how the heck do you know he was just shy and not mistreated? You don't live there - the OP does. Never mind the number of times this kitty has been out in the hall and has had to be returned to the original owners.

Crayons, knock on their door and ask for the food and litterbox! ;):D

aTailOf2Kitties
02-02-2011, 04:53 PM
because Crayons came back and said that the kitty cowered but looked healthy.:rolleyes:

If I'm walking in front of your house and 20 bucks falls out of my pocket and you see it but don't say anything, you gonna poof that too? It's mine, you know it's mine, but you'll say I don't deserve it because I didn't know it fell out?

Catty1
02-02-2011, 05:14 PM
A child can be fed and clothed, but suffer emotional and mental abuse.

The fact that these owners aren't even looking for their cat - does that not tell you anything???

If you feel so strongly about this, contact the police or Humane Society in Crayon's city and report a theft. :rolleyes:

catmandu
02-02-2011, 07:39 PM
I worry when the Porch Cats come around as I would hate to take someones Cat Companion, and poof them.
But Scrappy Two was expecting as was Scout , Pouncer Roccalno and the little Tabby that the Animal Welfare took last year.
Tubster Panther was thin and starving, and was a stray IMHO.
Tommy is from up the street where there are unaltered males , but the people refuse to take any responsibility for them.:( They are not Our Catsthey just hang around here. I have to move my shelters to the back so I am not thought to be the owner of these Big Fellows.:rolleyes:
That is frustrating as there are a lot of people who do not like these Toms roaming, and I think that they go out of their way to run them over.:eek:

cassiesmom
02-03-2011, 11:59 AM
I am so sorry. I only bumped up this thread because I wanted to find out if Crayons09 had chosen a name for the kitty. I did not mean to set off a controversy. I don't believe Crayons09 took someone else's cat. I apologize for causing trouble - that was not my intent. Please forgive me.

Thank you,
Elyse

katladyd
02-03-2011, 12:29 PM
My Mac was poofed from people that let him out and never checked on him. Once, he was locked in someone's garage for 10 days while the owners were on vacation! The owners of the garage were out of town and didn't find him until they came home. They knew who he belonged to and took him home. Next day, he's out again. He was never fed by his owners and he wandered the neighborhood looking for food. He wasn't fixed and had never had shots. One of my supervisors at work took him back to his owner's house after she found him in her house...again! Mac knew which houses on the block had cats and cat food in them and he figured out how to get in each one of them (that is why I named him MacGyver, he's good at coming up with solutions to problems) Anyway, the upshot of this story is that the neighborhood felt so sorry for this kind, intelligent kitty that one of them poofed him and took him to work and gave him to me.
Yes, he did belong to someone else, and no, he wasn't technically abused, but he WAS NOT in a loving home! My supervisor later told me that they never even asked about him or looked for him. I not a big one for poofing, but sometimes it is in the best interests of the kitty!

krazyaboutkatz
02-03-2011, 11:57 PM
I agree that you shouldn't steal someone elses pets in most cases but there are always exceptions to any rule. If they are mistreated or neglected which was both the case of this poofed kitten and of katladyd's Mac then they should be poofed to a home where they are loved, cherished, and of course spoiled.

Some people should never have pets to begin with because they either lose interest in them or they just don't give their pets the care that they need. As Catty1 has already stated, these people never even bothered to search for their poofed kitten. I bet they lost interest in him or felt he was just too much work for them so they kept putting him out in the hallway hoping that he'd find a home some where else. I still think that Crayons09 did the right thing.:)

pomtzu
02-04-2011, 07:09 AM
Crayons - you didn't steal this kitty - you saved it's life. THANK YOU!!!

My RB Meezer Ming was a poofed kitty at approximately 6 months of age. He lived in an apartment next to my SIL and BIL, who HEARD, but did not see him being abused. You have to be pretty damn stupid to not know what's going on when you hear thuds on the wall and a kitty screaming! The monsters that owned him also left him outside on their balcony during the day when they were at work, and that's how he was able to be poofed. He went on to live a very long (20 years) and happy life with me. Had he not been poofed, he surely would have been dead.

There is a world of difference between poofing and stealing. If your kitty's former people aren't even looking for him, then that speaks volumes right there. You did the right thing, as most people here have said. Ming's former owners never looked for him either..........

aTailOf2Kitties
02-04-2011, 08:57 AM
theft is theft. Period. It's not a new concept. Heck eventhe Bible said specifically NOT to do it. It doesn't matter what your self-applied reasoning or justification is, you took something that wasn't yours. So what if they didn't come looking for it? It's still their cat. Crayons said in her original post the cat did not appear injured, but was hand-shy and cowered. Well duh, it wasn't inside it's own home. You didn't rescue it. You didn't adopt it. If you take somethng that doesn't belong to you, you stole it. Doesn't matter if it's a cat, or a toothbrush, or a stereo. It doesn't matter if they came looking for it. It's still theirs. At least tell them you have it, even if you're sure they don't care.

What happens if they do come looking for it later and it's already been given to someone else? Gonna LIE and say you have no idea what happened to it? Lying is way up there with stealing.

I'm done with this. Steal all you want. In fact, I can't wait until my neighbor's German Shepherd gets loose and hangs out on my front porch again to get out of the rain. It's getting my cats riled up and besides the neighbors feed it cheap dog food and keep it in their yard when they're out of town. They're horrible horrible people. I think I'll give their dog away. And not even tell them. That's OK, right? I mean if they really cared about the dog they'd keep it in the house right?

Peace out, thieves and enablers;)

pomtzu
02-04-2011, 09:09 AM
theft is theft. Period. It's not a new concept. Heck eventhe Bible said specifically NOT to do it. It doesn't matter what your self-applied reasoning or justification is, you took something that wasn't yours. So what if they didn't come looking for it? It's still their cat. Crayons said in her original post the cat did not appear injured, but was hand-shy and cowered. Well duh, it wasn't inside it's own home. You didn't rescue it. You didn't adopt it. If you take somethng that doesn't belong to you, you stole it. Doesn't matter if it's a cat, or a toothbrush, or a stereo. It doesn't matter if they came looking for it. It's still theirs. At least tell them you have it, even if you're sure they don't care.

What happens if they do come looking for it later and it's already been given to someone else? Gonna LIE and say you have no idea what happened to it? Lying is way up there with stealing.

I'm done with this. Steal all you want. In fact, I can't wait until my neighbor's German Shepherd gets loose and hangs out on my front porch again to get out of the rain. It's getting my cats riled up and besides the neighbors feed it cheap dog food and keep it in their yard when they're out of town. They're horrible horrible people. I think I'll give their dog away. And not even tell them. That's OK, right? I mean if they really cared about the dog they'd keep it in the house right?

What-ever.............:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::rolleye s::mad:

kitten645
02-04-2011, 11:32 AM
ditto pomtzu :rolleyes:

Catty1
02-04-2011, 11:37 AM
TO2K - you could always report the german shepherd's situation to Animal Control.

You know - I looked up your profile thinking you had to be about 14 years old (and I am being kind).

You are 37??? And you rant like this? Tantrums?

I suspect your life isn't a happy one, except with your kitties.

Peace out.

Crayons - good on ya!

katladyd
02-04-2011, 12:54 PM
TO2K, I get where you are coming from, I really do. BUT, if someone doesn't even come looking for their cat when it has been missing overnight and the cat has to be brought to them, and then it is out the next day, well, something's wrong. Now, I agree tht we shouldn't just take someone's pet just because we don't agree with how it's family is treating it, barring physical abuse, but we do have a responsibility to protect these creatures, also. I say take the kitty in, but let the owners know that you have the cat because you want to protect it. Most times, these people will just let you keep the cat, they aren't really interested in it anyway.

When Mac was poofed, I followed up and asked about his old family and if they were concerned about him (he would have gone back if they were upset at his disappearance). They never mentioned him or asked about him at all, so I knew they had done the right thing. One of their neighbors asked them where their cat was and they said, "Who knows, he probable just wandered off somewhere." I never felt bad about keeping him after that.

phesina
02-04-2011, 03:46 PM

In other words, pets are first and foremost PROPERTY.

pomtzu
02-04-2011, 04:29 PM
In other words, pets are first and foremost PROPERTY.

I thought the same thing when I read that post. :mad: Boy - I guess I was lucky with my poofed kitty. I could have been in for a big hurtin' for receiving stolen "property". And to make matters worse, this "property" was transported across state lines. Lock me up and throw away the key! :rolleyes:

cassiesmom
02-04-2011, 05:45 PM

Back to my question. I just want to know if this adorable kitty has a name?

kitten645
02-04-2011, 08:48 PM
That's what bothers me most in animal rights. Animals are property. Not feeling beings.
Anyhoo...I want to know the original question too. Name? Cutiepatootie!

Crayons09
02-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Wow i didn't realize that this post was active again. I still have the kitten but just can't think of the right name for him. I've just been calling him "kitten".
The owners still haven't even asked about him. If they were putting an effort out to find him I would have given him back. But since not one ounce of effort has been put out; the kitten will be staying with me till I find it a home.

aTailOf2Kitties If it bothers you so much you can just ignore my posts. Also if your Havoc got out I'm sure you would be looking for him and put out an effort to find him. The kittens owners have not at ALL. This kitten was close to getting outside many times and if he did he would have froze to death. Also I did not just take him because I wanted him. I know I can't have a cat with my roommate. Also when an animal cringes like that means they have learned from experience of being hit.
Thanks for everyone that has had my back on this. I will try and get more pictures up of him. I've been trying to get a picture of him and Ole together. They have become best of friends and it will be sad the day the kitten goes to a new home.
Thanks again for everyone that stood up for me when I was gone! I really appreciate it!:love:

Scooter's Mom
02-05-2011, 03:30 PM
If I was anywhere close to you, I'd be begging to take that sweet boy in. I miss having a brown tabby...

BarbPond
02-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Crayons09
Just seeing this again. I think you did the right thing! What you did was show how caring you are towards God's creatures.

I poofed Cameo back in August and I a very glad that I did.

We live in a very small (10 families) mobile home park surrounded by woods. People are always dumping off unwanted animals here. We saw this adorable and friendly cat and immediately took it inside, washed off all the grease, dirt and fleas. Since the people that live here are not allowed to have outdoor cat and we knew what each cat that lived here looked like we felt we would do this sweet kitty a favor by taking her in. About 2 days later I found out that this kitty had been living in the "mobile home moving shop" that is owned by the landlords son. He told me he was glad that I had her as he was afraid she would get hurt in the shop. And yes he was feeding her! But knew he could not keep her.

Now if I would have taken this "poofed" cat to the local shelter she would have been put to sleep asap as they are way overcrowded. I know that for a fact as I always check with them to see if any strays that have been listed as missing match the strays in the mobile home park. There was nothing posted about her! This shelter is only 2 miles from here and I have taken and saved 3 of their cats over the years.

atailof2kitties
Since you seem to be prone to quote the Bible tell me this??? Have you not heard about.... ye who have not sinned throw the first stone? I suppose that you have not ever sinned. ;)