PDA

View Full Version : Super Bagpipes?

phesina
01-25-2011, 02:27 PM
My sister e-mailed me this question today:

"Will the catmobile be going to the Superbowl next month? I heard the Scottish Pipe & Dance Group will be the halftime performers."

Bob and Sydney and Sparkler are still crashed out recovering from the Robby Burns Party, so they haven't filled me in on any Superbowl plans yet.

cassiesmom
01-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Wow, that's so exciting! A twin bill... the Black Eyed Peas and our very own kitty pipers and dancers!

Do I understand correctly that they're appearing at the Puppy Bowl, too?

lvpets2002
01-25-2011, 03:00 PM
:) Hey lets Bring All of the PT kitties to TX for the Superbowl.. I can be the Tour Guide.. SuperBowl is just 45 mins from my house & My babies can shuttle everybody over.. Woo Hoo lets Party..

momcat
01-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Hello Kitty Friends!
How are all of you? We happened to be playing with a computer here at Mystic Seaport and were thrilled to find all of you here.

What is a Superbowl? We've never heard of that and wonder if it's a big, tasty treat for parties. If you kitties wouldn't mind, maybe we can plan one for all of us when we get together on our vacation.

Looking forward to seeing all of you again. We can't wait to hear your bagpipe band too. They must be very good by now. See all of you soon!

The Penguin Patrol

catmandu
01-25-2011, 03:29 PM
The Super Bowl is a must go to for Our Awesome Angels, there are so many parties,so much food nad so many festivities.
This will be the First Super Bowl for My Michael :love: My Joseph :love: and My Princess:love:
How I wish I was there too:love:

katladyd
01-25-2011, 03:38 PM
Mac says that while Ming and co. play the pipes, he can help out in the tailgating department. Yum!:)

momcat
01-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Mac says that while Ming and co. play the pipes, he can help out in the tailgating department. Yum!:)

Hi Mac, are you in the catering business?

cassiesmom
01-25-2011, 05:55 PM

Guess what, Auntie Momcat and Auntie Katladyd? My meowmie told me that penguins eat fish! I love fish! Tuna in particular. What is a tailgate? My tail doesn't have a gate. I think it involves food, though. Maybe there will be fish there! And I know my meowmie will send me with Chicago cheesecake. Should I have her order pizza too?

Purrs, headbumpies, ankle rubs and lubz,
Cassie

momcat
01-25-2011, 08:07 PM
Hi Cassie,
How are you doing, sweetheart? Soncat is the sportsfan in our house so I asked him about tailgate parties. He said not to worry because it has nothing to do with a gate on your tail.

According to Soncat, when fans go to a football game they get there very early and get a good place in the parking lot. Then they light up their barbeque grills and cook all kinds of neat stuff like hamburgers, hot dogs, cheesesteaks, brats, and all different kinds of food. They also pack up chips, nachos, pretzels and more stuff like that. Then they sit out there in the freezing cold eating all the food while they trash talk fans of the opposing team. They do that for several hours before the game even starts. The downside is that some of them drink too much beer. Tailgate parties are said to be a lot of fun but I'll take their word for that. Sometimes on our local news they go around to see what group of fans has the best food. Anything goes but so far I never heard of tailgaters with haggis on their menu.

Chicago pizza and Eli's cheesecake would be a hit with your kitty pals. Don't tell any of the other kitties but I'll be sending Groucho with a special treat for all of you, smoked whitefish. Be sure to let me know if you like it, okay?

katladyd
01-26-2011, 12:26 PM
Mac grills a mean steak. He always throws a Red Snapper filet on the grill for me, also. Delectable! :) I'm not so sure about beer with these guys, I have enough problems with nip!:eek:

phesina
01-26-2011, 02:23 PM
My sister has more commentary:
-------->
I’m sure they’ll be far more responsible half-time entertainers than Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake were. No “wardrobe malfunctions” for these troupers!

I’m glad the Chicago Bears were eliminated, they could have hurt the katz. Same with the Giants, who might step on them. Too bad the Arizona Cardinals, Baltimore Ravens, and Miami Dolphins are out, your guys could have eaten them after the game. It’s REALLY too bad that the Detroit Lions, Carolina Panthers, Jacksonville Jaguars, or Cincinnati Bengals aren’t playing; imagine the carryings on in the Cat skybox if they were.

The cats might want to invite the horses to the Superbowl, even if the Baltimore Colts and Denver Broncos won’t be playing.

PS. Please tell the cats that “luxury skybox” doesn’t necessarily mean what they think it does.
----------

phesina
01-26-2011, 08:46 PM
:) Hey lets Bring All of the PT kitties to TX for the Superbowl.. I can be the Tour Guide.. SuperBowl is just 45 mins from my house & My babies can shuttle everybody over.. Woo Hoo lets Party..

Elmer is ESPECIALLY thrilled that his darling Taccoa lives so near.. He's even more excited about that than about the game!

cassiesmom
01-26-2011, 08:51 PM
My sister has more commentary:
-------->
I’m sure they’ll be far more responsible half-time entertainers than Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake were. No “wardrobe malfunctions” for these troupers!

I’m glad the Chicago Bears were eliminated, they could have hurt the katz. Same with the Giants, who might step on them. Too bad the Arizona Cardinals, Baltimore Ravens, and Miami Dolphins are out, your guys could have eaten them after the game. It’s REALLY too bad that the Detroit Lions, Carolina Panthers, Jacksonville Jaguars, or Cincinnati Bengals aren’t playing; imagine the carryings on in the Cat skybox if they were.

The cats might want to invite the horses to the Superbowl, even if the Baltimore Colts and Denver Broncos won’t be playing.

PS. Please tell the cats that “luxury skybox” doesn’t necessarily mean what they think it does.
----------

This is awesome!

I told Cassie about the luxury sky box and she was NOT pleased :rolleyes:

phesina
02-06-2011, 07:25 AM
Sparkler called from the Catmobile. They are on their way to Dallas!

She and the Pipers are all set for their Halftime Show performance.

katladyd
02-06-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm such a proud catmom! My son and I are going to glued to the t.v. for both the game and the halftime show!:D

momcat
02-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Soncat is watching the game in his room, I'm sure he'll let me know when the best part of the half time show comes on.

My only interest on Superbowl Sunday is the Puppy Bowl and Kitten Half Time Show on Animal Planet. While I was watching it this afternoon, Soncat asked how the PT Kitty Bagpipe Quartet and Scottich Dancer missed this one.

I haven't heard from Groucho yet so I don't know what their plans are from Dallas.

UPDATE:
Soncat just surfaced, he said the bagpipers and dancer were the hit of the half time show. He said they were by far much better than the Blackeyed Peas (but we knew that). He said our bagpipe quartet and Scottish dancer joined the Blackeyed Peas for the finale and the stadium totally rocked. The PT Kitty Bagpipe Quartet and Scottish Dancer were a huge hit!

katladyd
02-06-2011, 09:29 PM
I watched the game. The Bagpipers along with their dancer were far more entertaining than the game. Neither team seemed like they wanted to win. I expect more from the Super Bowl.:(

kitten645
02-07-2011, 06:13 AM
Fergie<Groucho! Groucho has the chops and doesn't need silly shoes to rock out! LOL!:love:

cassiesmom
02-08-2011, 12:25 AM
I had an answering machine message from Cassie from before the game. I couldn't hear most of it but I did catch "luxury sky box", "haggis chips" and "halftime show".

phesina
02-08-2011, 07:51 AM
My sister said she heard they performed in the Victory Parade in Green Bay, on a float preceding the players' float.

I replied, "Of course, they were piping their champions home!"

momcat
02-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Everything I've heard about the half time show has been about the bagpipers. Soncat said they joined in with the Blackeyed Peas for the finale and they were fabulous!!! I've heard many say, "Who was that with the bagpipers during the half time finale?" It's no surprise that they played in the victory parade, our quartet is really making a name for themselves.

I did get a voice mail message from Groucho. They're on their way to meet up with the penguins. He did mutter something about an audition in New York City. When pressed for details he said something about the PT Kitty Bagpipe Quartet and our Scottish Dancer being asked to try out to do a commercial ad for haggis chips. Has anyone else heard anything about this? Groucho was asked to help with contract negotiations but he didn't say much more than that.

katladyd
02-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Just got a text from Mac; "Liked the Steelers, but the Packer fans are great! They really loved us and Wisconsin is pretty, but also pretty cold. Will be home soon, have some business in NYC.":confused:

dehlers43
02-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Haven't heard a peep or a purr out of Franklin.....makes me wonder what mischief he's planning now.....:D