PDA

View Full Version : Myndi b'day on 1/24

pomtzu
01-24-2011, 09:07 AM
Today my little girl turns 15. Hard to believe it's been that long. Where did the time go and why did it go so fast????

I remember the days leading up to her coming here to live with me in her forever home. A young guy in the engineering dept where I worked, had a black Pom, and then bought a "matching one" :rolleyes: (Myndi) for his wife. Not long after that, wife walks out and leaves everything behind, including Myndi who had only lived with them for a few months. Jilted hubby doesn't want Myn since she is a constant reminder of absent wife, so puts a notice on the bulletin board - GIVING HER AWAY!!!! I was first in line, and just to help cement the deal, I give jilted hubby $50 to sweeten the process. So on the day before Thanksgiving, this little black 10 month old furball, came into my life. It's a move that I have never regretted, and I'm certain that Myndi has always been happy with her family and her home. :)

She's getting up there in years, but still has quite a bit of spunk, and still will run around like a kook on loco-weed from time to time. She still has a toy box full of toys, but mostly her idea of playing with them now, is pulling them out and scattering them all over the house. She still goes bonkers over her bump and go ball tho, and tries her best to kill it.

So my sweet little girl, I love you very much, and pray that you will be here with me for a long time to come.

Happy Birthday Sweetie - we all love you very, very much! :love::love: - and yes - that even includes pesky brother Sparky! :eek:;):love:

Mom & Crew

Scooter's Mom
01-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Happy birthday Myndi!

Taz_Zoee
01-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Wow, I never knew the story of how you got her. :)

Happy Birthday Myndi!! May you have several more wonderful years with your family. :D

kaycountrygal
01-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Happy Birthday Myndi! Gosh, I can't believe you're 15 YEARS old; you look so young to me. You are such a pretty young looking girl. Kay in NC

pomtzu
01-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Happy Birthday Myndi! Gosh, I can't believe you're 15 YEARS old; you look so young to me. You are such a pretty young looking girl. Kay in NC

The pic in my siggy is probably about 5 years old. She is much more gray in the face now. I'll attach a couple of more recent shots where the gray really shows up - Christmas 09.

But she still looks pretty good for her age I think. And Myndi thanks you too, Kay! :)

cassiesmom
01-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Happy birthday, sweet Myndi! I like you in red! (((HUG))) and (((HUG))) for Sparky, too!

Asiel
01-24-2011, 02:20 PM
Happy Birthday Myndi--didn't realize you were that white but who cares about the grey as long as you stay well, healthy and have more years left. I love the red outfits , suits both of them to a T.
She's worth all those special trips to the vet , looks like a real trooper. :love:

Freedom
01-24-2011, 03:27 PM
Hooray Myndi! Such a lucky gal to land where you did. I didn't remember ever hearing how she came to live with you, either.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Karen
01-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Happy Birthday, pretty girl! :)

chocolatepuppy
01-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Happy Birthday pretty Myndi!!!:love:

lizbud
01-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Happy Birthday Myndi :) Wishing you many more happy B-days to come
with your proud momma.:) Hugs to Sparky too.:)

pomtzu
01-25-2011, 06:25 AM
Hi All - Myndi here........

I just wanted to take a minute and thank everyone for the birthday wishes yesterday. It was quiet but special at the same time - special in the fact that I am still here to enjoy a nice snuggle day with Mom. It's just too cold outside for my liking, and the sooner I get out and take care of business, the sooner I can get back to snuggling!

Mom fixed me and Sparky the traditional birthday dinner - fresh roast chicken, and we had peas to go along with it. Sooo yummy and a nice break from that not so tasty special dog food I have to eat now to keep the old kidneys in good working order. I eat it just to make Mom happy!

Well - off for my morning nap after breakfast. Hope to talk to you again real soon!

Love and woofs and tail wags.......:love:
Myndi

Pinot's Mom
01-25-2011, 07:27 AM
Hey Myndi, Pinot here, sorry I missed you yesterday! You know you're one of my favorite puppy friends! I'm glad you had a good day, it is snuggle weather, isn't it? Well, Happy late Birthday wishes, milk it out for the whole week, OK? Love ya!:love:

Purrs,
Pinot

4 Dog Mother
01-25-2011, 08:20 AM
Happy belated birthday Myndi! Sounded like you had a real special one even if it was a quiet one. My poor puppers never get roasted chicken for theirs and I hope they don't read about you getting such a special meal!

Roxyluvsme13
01-25-2011, 11:19 AM
Happy (Belated) Birthday, Myndi!!! Hugs and kisses to you from me and Lily :D

I think she looks fabulous for fifteen and beautiful as ever :)

*LabLoverKEB*
01-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Happy Belated Birthday miss Myndi!!!! You are a very well loved dog, and I'm sure you know that!:love:

krazyaboutkatz
01-29-2011, 08:50 PM
HAPPY BELATED 15th BIRTHDAY MYNDI!!! I hope that you'll have many more happy and healthy years a head of you. Storm says being 15 isn't too bad.:)

pomtzu
01-30-2011, 07:43 AM
Hi - Myndi here again..........

Just to thank all the "belated" well-wishers for my Happy Birthday Wishes too.

I had a very nice and relaxing week, but today it all comes to a screeching halt. Mom says that she has to give me a good brushing, since my undercoat is a real mess. :eek: That nice soft fuzz just gets all matted, but I don't see what the big deal is about it since nobody can see it (except Mom I guess). My long top coat is just fine. She insists I'll feel much better when she gets all that dead hair out. I say leave it there! :mad: I just don't know how to convince her that if it doesn't matter to me, then why should it matter to anyone else. Afterall - it's my hair and I sure wouldn't tell Mom what to do with hers! Um - she really should get a haircut tho... :p :D

Ugh - some of the things I have to go thru. :rolleyes: Maybe if I'm really good about it tho, I can hit Mom up for more chicken tonight. She and the rest of the family and having chicken for dinner ----- so just maybe the "pitiful me" act will get me some too. I'll give it a shot.

Thanks again everyone :love: - and wish me luck!

Doggie kisses to all,
Myndi

lizbud
01-30-2011, 10:17 AM
Oh I'm sure the pitiful look will get you about anything you want sweetie.:)

A tiny bit of white meat(no skin) shouldn't mess up your diet. Save a bit
for Sparky too.:)