PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Watch

Lilith Cherry
01-23-2011, 08:04 PM
Napoleon loves to watch my goldfish very closely. Every day he sits and waits in hopes they will jump out of the water to be eaten:)

kitten645
01-23-2011, 08:30 PM
ROFL! Such concentration. Surely he will by sheer force of will that goldie to suicide! LOL! Cutie Napoleon! Victory shall be yours!:love:

krazyaboutkatz
01-23-2011, 09:10 PM
LOL Maybe some day if he's lucky. I bet he'd rather play with them than eat them though.;)

catmandu
01-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Take it from us Napolean Goldfish don't taste all that good:rolleyes::rolleyes:
We wait until Thursdays when our Dad brings us Halibut from Harry's Fish and Chips!!!:cool:
We wish we could share:love::love::love:

Freedom
01-24-2011, 11:04 AM
How funny!

Oh I hope he doesn't decide to leap, and knock the entire thing over!

Back when I lived in the apartment, and had just started fish keeping, I had a 10 gallon tank. I kept it in the living room. There was a "window opening" from there to the kitchen, and I had it under that. I knew my neon tetras kept disappearing, and I'd never find any bodies in the tank or filter, just couldn't figure it out. :confused:

Then I was awaken at 2 AM one morning by a SPLASH! Got up, and there was 2 year old Sparkle (she is now 14!) standing with her front paws on the edge of the tank, and her back paws IN the tank doing up and down dancing. :rolleyes: She'd been fishing, from the "window ledge!" Good thing I got up, before she tipped the whole thing over getting out!

Next day, I bought a tank lid! Amazing, the fish stopped disappearing!

kaycountrygal
01-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Oh My Goodness! Do you think one day he will actually jump in with the fish??? I think I would be concerned a bit but you know your cat better than I do. Kay in NC

Lilith Cherry
01-24-2011, 02:01 PM
He has put his paw in a couple of times but didnt like the wet stuff he encountered:p I hope he doesnt tip it over though.. what a mess. Fortunately it is very heavy so I don't think he will manage it.

Asiel
01-24-2011, 02:43 PM
I hope his patience runs out before his determination...can't imagine him trying to jump in but who knows...

cassiesmom
01-24-2011, 07:05 PM
Sir Napoleon, you are such a handsome kitty watch-keeper! Gentle *kiss* to you from me.

Laura's Babies
01-24-2011, 07:19 PM
One day, his focus will be on his target only, and in he will go.....he will not like the results.. But I got to say, that is a really pretty thing you have for the fish and Napoleon is a beauty!

katladyd
01-24-2011, 07:58 PM
I am absolutely in love with your "fish bowl". Where did you get it? It has me sooo wanting one!

Lilith Cherry
01-24-2011, 09:30 PM
The bowl came home from China when my daughter in laws possessions got shipped here to Canada when they got married. I am sure Napoleon will take a dip one of these days but I dont think either cat or bowl will come to harm .. just make a mess!:)

Napleon sends loves to Cassie and Caramella;) too !

smokey the elder
01-25-2011, 07:24 AM
...mmm...sushi!