PDA

View Full Version : Just a reminder ... tomorrow is Halloween ... not a good time for pets!

Twisterdog
10-30-2002, 10:16 PM
Just a reminder to anyone with dog and/or cats - tomorrow is Halloween, which is NOT a good night for your pets to be outside!

Please keep them inside, preferably in a room away from the doors. Between the constantly open doors and gates for the little trick-or-treaters, the "tricks" and pranks from the older riff-raff, and the occasionally genuinely warped individual ... pets are never really safe on Halloween!

Logan
10-30-2002, 10:23 PM
Luckily, we live in a quiet neighborhood, where there are very few children and not many trick or treaters come here. We go with friends so that my daughter can enjoy her Halloween. But all dogs and cats will be safely inside, for sure!!!

Thanks for the reminder.

Logan

Swoozie
10-31-2002, 06:11 AM
My dogs love Halloween!! They especially love to bolt out on the porch and stick their noses in all the trick or treat bags and make all the kids scream! My dogs are the "trick" part to trick or treat! :D

Andie
10-31-2002, 12:34 PM
We have no candy so we (the dogs, the cat, Dustin, and me) will spend our evening watching horror movies. (think it's Friday the 13th all day today) :D

wolflady
10-31-2002, 01:03 PM
Yes, they were even giving warnings on my morning radio station about animals and Halloween. It's so sad that some sick people torture animals on this holiday. That's not what Halloween is about. :mad:
I worry about the stray cats especially, and since I'm "foster mum" to our neighborhood stray I get really worried. I've moved all of her food, water, and shelter into my back yard, so she tends to stay there which has me feeling a little easier about it this year.
Everyone have a safe and happy Holiday!:)

Crikit
10-31-2002, 06:48 PM
If it was my choice I would turn out the lights and hang out in the bathroom with the dogs tonight...er, they both need baths that's why would be hanging out in that room...but I have to hand out candy :( 'cause everyone else is out so the dogs will be in my room in their wire crate with the tv on as loud as I can make it with out it being annoying or hurting their little ears, oh and kongs, if I can't eat the treats they might as well get something good. But I'm also lucky 'cause we live in a quiet neighbourhood.

Twisterdog
10-31-2002, 11:43 PM
Hey, wolflady ... I went to Purdue, also! :)

Dakota's Mommy
11-01-2002, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the thoughts and words to remind us of the dangers! My husband and I decided to set up a few chairs on our porch and sit out there to hand out candy in our busy neighborhood while the girls had the whole house to enjoy themselves! I think they slept most of the night. As trick-or-treating got close to being over, we put them on leashes and let them come out for a few kids but Brian had Dakota and I had Destiny so we were good to go to keep them out of the way and safe!

wolflady
11-01-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
Hey, wolflady ... I went to Purdue, also! :)

Cool! :D A fellow Boiler alum! What did you major in? I graduated in 1999 with a BS in Computer Information Systems Technology:)

Twisterdog
11-01-2002, 09:21 PM
I graduated in 1990 with a BS in Accounting. Sheesh, makes me feel old! ;)

wolflady
11-04-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
I graduated in 1990 with a BS in Accounting. Sheesh, makes me feel old! ;)

**hugs**

It seems like time flies so fast, you know? Sometimes I really wish I could go back to college and enjoy it a little more!! :)

Twisterdog
11-04-2002, 04:11 PM
No kidding ... me too. Had I known then what I know now, the old saying goes. ;) I worked full-time when I was in college, third shift at the Caterpillar plant in Lafayette. So, basically all I did for four years was go to class, go to work, study, and try to sleep a few hours in there somewhere. *sigh* But, it paid the bills, I suppose.

BTW, my best friend lives in the Bay area now, in Martinez. I went to visit her last summer. She works right downtown in SF ... I was SO astounded by the length of that commute! Wow! And across that horrifying bridge, nonetheless! :eek: Beautiful, beautiful city, though.