PDA

View Full Version : Swifer wet jet

kitten645
01-22-2011, 08:51 PM
Anyone have any experience with the Swiffer Wet Jet? I bought the original Swiffer when it first came out and hated it mostly because they tried to make the package too compact and handle ws in two pieces. Seemed flimsy and bent/broke in the middle. The newer ones look sturdier. Any comments?
Thanks!

Marigold2
01-23-2011, 01:08 PM
I used it for a bit but hubby said it made the floor sticky so I went back to the old fashioned mop or down on the knees cleaning.

pomtzu
01-23-2011, 04:00 PM
I like mine. I have the original model and have never had any problem with it. Sure beats the old bucket and rag mop or sponge mop. :p

Kalei
01-23-2011, 09:10 PM
I have the newest one! It's purple in color. It works pretty good for me, the part I love the most is after doing the floors, the place smells so so good :)

The only thing is that if there is something stuck on your floor the swifter usually won't get it off if it's on there good.

Cataholic
01-24-2011, 08:08 AM
I am with you, the original was too bendy. I think hands and knees with a scrub brush/sponge works best. Cheaper, too! LOL.

pomtzu
01-24-2011, 08:38 AM
I am with you, the original was too bendy. I think hands and knees with a scrub brush/sponge works best. Cheaper, too! LOL.

When you get a little older, you may just change your mind! Getting down on those hands and knees isn't a big problem - however - getting back up might just be a different story...................:eek::rolleyes::p;):D

Cataholic
01-24-2011, 09:02 AM
When you get a little older, you may just change your mind! Getting down on those hands and knees isn't a big problem - however - getting back up might just be a different story...................:eek::rolleyes::p;):D

See...this is what I do. I roll out of bed, continue on my hands and knees into the kitchen, scrub away, and by that time, I have loosened up enough to stand up. Or, I do it late at night, after I have drank one too many glasses of wine, and have fallen to the floor. It gets cold, sleeping there all night, but that is my punishment for drinking too much. Either way....I don't scrub my floor but once every couple of months.

If you come to my house, and think the floors are dirty, simply ask me where my cleaning supplies are, and get to it. I will supervise from the couch.

pomtzu
01-24-2011, 09:34 AM
See...this is what I do. I roll out of bed, continue on my hands and knees into the kitchen, scrub away, and by that time, I have loosened up enough to stand up. Or, I do it late at night, after I have drank one too many glasses of wine, and have fallen to the floor. It gets cold, sleeping there all night, but that is my punishment for drinking too much. Either way....I don't scrub my floor but once every couple of months.

If you come to my house, and think the floors are dirty, simply ask me where my cleaning supplies are, and get to it. I will supervise from the couch.

LOL - I don't do any floors anymore - ever! When I sold this house to son & DIL, the floor scrubbing and window washing was also transferred to them in the deal!!! (even tho I did break down and shampoo carpets before the holidays). :eek:

Asiel
01-24-2011, 02:40 PM
I love mine, use it almost daily and have never had a problem. It does save the wear and tear on the back. All my friends have dogs so with dogs coming and going I find it almost invaluable.

Twisterdog
01-24-2011, 07:41 PM
I have the newest one! It's purple in color. It works pretty good for me, the part I love the most is after doing the floors, the place smells so so good :)

Me, too!

I like my swiffer, a lot. Mostly because I mop a lot with it, because it's so quick and easy. Not saying it does the best job, because it doesn't. But, it's still so worth it to me. I'll mop every other day with the swiffer, because it takes 10 minutes. With the old fashioned mop, bucket, cleaning solution way ... I would do it once a week and hate it.

Cataholic
01-25-2011, 05:53 AM
I always knew I was a slacker in the housecleaning department. I can't say I do any household chore once a week. :o