PDA

View Full Version : Bagpipes for Robby Burns Day!

phesina
01-22-2011, 07:41 PM
This morning's TV news had an item about the Robert Burns Day dinner to be held tomorrow evening by the Michigan Scottish-American Society. A piper and a Scottish dancer then gave a demonstration of their planned performances for the evening.

I suddenly noticed Bob in his big cat-bed nearby watching and listening to the performance intently. Then he looked up at me with a question in his eyes. I pet him on the head and told him "Don't worry.. you're MUCH better than that guy!"

And then Sydney came into the room, also watched and listened intently for a bit, then looked up at me. I pet HIM on the head and reassured them "You both are SO much better than he is!"

My two boys are working SO hard, practicing and rehearsing day and night for the Royal Wedding!

Meanwhile, Sparkler says she wants to try her hand, or paw, at the Scottish dancing. She'll be just great in her clan tartan skirt and stockings and those little tippy-toe shoes!

Edwina's Secretary
01-22-2011, 08:48 PM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/Olympics/Scotland.jpg

katladyd
01-23-2011, 12:06 AM
Ming has been practicing day and night...we haven't been sleeping a lot here.:rolleyes:

moosmom
01-23-2011, 06:50 AM
God I LOOOOOOOOVE bagpipe music!!!

phesina
01-23-2011, 07:11 AM
I have just been informed we will be having our own little Robby Burns Day celebration tonight! Bob and Sydney will play the pipes while Sparkler introduces her dancing skills.

My role in the festivities is to prepare the haggis.

catmandu
01-23-2011, 07:54 AM
:love::love::love:
And this will be the first Robbie Burns Day for My Juke Joint Joseph ^^
and he and his wife, his Lovely HH Lady Edwina Rose will be doing a medley of Robbie Burns poems set to music before having Haggis at His Meeowmie In Law Pats!!!
:cool::cool:
Their Friends from New Jersey KB2JYX's Campbell Cat Clan will be bringing snacks from the Ships Inn so there will be Food For All!!!
:cool::cool::cool:

momcat
01-23-2011, 02:15 PM
Bobby Burns is one of my all time favorite poets. One of the things that impressed me when I was in Scotland is their reverence for their history. Monuments to their writers and poets are everywhere.

Our PT Kitty Bagpipe Quartet is second to none! Sydney, Bob, Ming, and Franklin work extremely hard at their craft as I'm sure their sleep deprived purrents will agree. They treated Soncat and me to a concert during the most recent Catmobile visit, Franklin's signature tune "Stairway to Heaven" was very impressive. When they played "The Alley Cat" everyone was dancing and, believe me, you haven't heard "The Alley Cat" until you hear it done by these talented kitties!

Oh Sparkler, I just can't wait to see your Scottish dancing skills! Will you be joining the Quartet when they perform at the Royal wedding?

I would like to send each member of the Quartet a very special round of lovies for all of your effort and hard work. How many bagpipers can say they received a Royal invitation to play at the wedding?

Phesina, when will the haggis be ready?

phesina
01-23-2011, 03:13 PM
It'll be coming up soon.. I had to go out and buy a case of Fancy Feast, plus a couple of dowels for Sparkler to use as cabers in her Caber Dance.

The sheep's stomach had been soaking all night in cold salted water in the bathtub. Fortunately, since Ann Arbor is the home of a university with students from all around the world, it was not hard to find the authentic fixin's I needed.. Haggis Helper from the Haggis in a Hurry shop..

This afternoon I scooped the Fancy Feast out of the cans and into the sheep's stomach. Then, I sewed the stomach up (pricking a couple of holes in it so it doesn't explode :eek::eek::eek:). Now it's in a potful of boiling water, cooking for three hours.. so it should be ready around 6pm (EST).

Come one, come all!

And oh yes, of COURSE Sparkler will be joining the Bagpipe Quartet in their performance at the Royal Wedding!

momcat
01-23-2011, 03:20 PM
Wow, you are one busy Meowmie today! There's no doubt that your haggis will be superb. By the way, Groucho saw this and added haggis helper to my food shopping list.

katladyd
01-23-2011, 05:31 PM
Thanks, now Ming wants haggis.:rolleyes:

Pinot's Mom
01-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Pinot does NOT want Haggis. She has her standards. :rolleyes:

cassiesmom
01-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Cassie would like some 'nip in celebration! I would too... could I have a shot of whiskey in my tea tonight, please? It's cold outside!

phesina
01-23-2011, 08:09 PM
Don't worry, there is plenty of Scotch Nipsky on hand for the festivities!

It's cold here, too!

kitten645
01-23-2011, 08:35 PM
Ahhh...bagpipes, haggis, meowmie nip (whiskey) and kitty nip. Sounds just about perfect. Calvin would like to know if the kitties go "commando" under their kilts? :eek: It's a little cold in most of the country but sunny and warm here in Cali. :p

katladyd
01-24-2011, 01:23 AM
It HAS been nice here, hasn't it? I love living here! As far as the kilt goes, Ming goes commando, he always has.:D

dehlers43
01-24-2011, 01:24 AM
Franklin can't wait to get back with the others to practice "live".....he says using Skype for band practice is OK but definitely no substitute for hangin' with his crew.....:D

phesina
01-24-2011, 07:14 AM
Ahhh...bagpipes, haggis, meowmie nip (whiskey) and kitty nip. Sounds just about perfect. Calvin would like to know if the kitties go "commando" under their kilts? :eek: It's a little cold in most of the country but sunny and warm here in Cali. :p

Of course they do, Calvin!

Sounds like they have a trip to New York City coming up soon to entertain the Mystic Seaport Penguins, who are vacationing in the Big Apple. :D

catmandu
01-24-2011, 02:56 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/JJJ3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/jjmoodi.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/MIKE.jpg
Will there be bangers and crisps too?:)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/PRINCESS.jpg
And Smoked Salmon too!!!
Then Our Angels will be on their Way!!!:love:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/SAMPREC.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/SCRAPMIK.jpg

katladyd
01-24-2011, 05:53 PM
It wouldn't be a Pet Talk get together without the Angels, Gary! So glad they will be there!:D

phesina
01-24-2011, 06:19 PM
They were all here for the Robby Burns Day celebration last night!

The Bagpipe Quartet piped as Sparkler wowed everyone with her fantastic Caber Dance over and around the crossed dowels. Everyone raised a toast with the catnip and people-nip beverages and then tucked into the Haggis!

Many appreciative burps were heard.

katladyd
01-24-2011, 08:02 PM
I want Mac and Ming's frequent flyer miles.:D

cassiesmom
01-27-2011, 02:48 AM
I have had only one brief text from Cassie since the Robbie Burns Day celebration:

Hi Meowm
The bag-pipers were a success!
Lady Edwina's plaid hat and matching throw got so many compliments that we lost count.
Lubz yew,
Cassie

Is the Catmobile going straight from there to Texas for the Super Bowl? Cassie, if you can read this... call your meowmie; she worries.

Also- no word from the Killearn ladies or our more faraway friends yet, huh?

momcat
01-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Hi Elyse, Groucho called my cell phone a short while ago to ask about our weather. I told him the east coast got pounded again and I just shoveled another 18" from our sidewalk with talk of more snow coming tomorrow. He said something to the other kitties then said they will avoid our area completely and continue straight to Texas. They can't wait to get some Texas BBQ.