PDA

View Full Version : Palin

Marigold2
01-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Todd Palin Fighting Off Affair Scandal With Masseuse

http://videos.brokencurve.com/0555ba2071ef443194655ed84370b453.jpg

Todd Palin - Husband to Alaskan political figure, Todd Palin, is wrapped in a sex scandal broken by the National Enquirer. According to the tabloid paper, Todd Palin reqruented a massage therapist now busted for "prostitution"

It further claims that it has unearthed official documents showing 36-year-old massage therapist Shailey Tripp was arrested for maintaining a house of prostitution in March and that cops have confiscated physical evidence that could tie Todd Palin to the alleged affair.

The tabloid newspaper indicated it has documentary proof that the woman in question, Shailey Tripp, had been arrested for running a house of prostitution in March 2010. Tripp pleaded no-contest to those charges in June. The National Enquirer also claims to have proof that the authorities have physical evidence that may definitively prove liaisons between Tripp and Palin took place.

While these allegations may be false, this is not the first time Todd and Sarah Palin have fought off rumors of affairs since 2008 and divorce since 2009. Neither Todd or Sarah Palin have commented on The National Enquirer's story.

Todd Palin nor Sara Palin have commented on these allegations.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/images/ne/210104/71307.jpg
Photo by: Zuma

SARAH PALIN's husband TODD is caught up in a sleazy sex scandal, The ENQUIRER has learned!

Political bloggers are digging into incredible claims that the "First Dude" - father of the couple's five children - cheated on his wife with a female massage therapist who was busted for prostitution!

The scandal not only has the potential to sabotage Palin's possible 2012 White House bid, but also threatens to destroy her marriage, sources say.

While the story heats up on the internet, The ENQUIRER has uncovered official documents confirming the woman's arrest, and learned police have confiscated physical evidence that could tie Todd to an alleged extramarital affair.

We have also uncovered documents that show the woman - identified by bloggers as Shailey Tripp - contributed free massages to an anonymous person working for Sarah's campaign for governor of Alaska.

While representatives for Todd Palin vehemently deny he cheated on his wife, allegations of his extramarital affair surfaced on Jan. 4 when an anonymous tipster sent out messages to news outlets making the allegation using the e-mail address [email protected].

"My sources reveal that a massage therapist and computer technologist, SHAILEY TRIPP, had an affair with Todd Palin that lead (sic) to her arrest March of 2010," claimed the anonymous e-mail.

"According to the tenants in the building of her offices, they saw Todd come and go often and heard noises that sounded like someone was having sex. It was the same tenants who called the police on her."

An ENQUIRER investigation has confirmed Tripp, 36, was arrested on March 4, 2010 in Anchorage and charged with maintaining a house of prostitution.

Tripp pleaded no contest on June 13, 2010 with sentencing set for June 15, 2011. She agreed to complete 80 hours of volunteer service, not post advertisements on CraigsList and pay a fine of $500. If she meets with these conditions, Tripp can withdraw her plea at the sentencing hearing and the case will be dismissed, records show.UPDATE 4.30 pm est 1/21/11: Since the first hours of this breaking story ignited a firestorm of controversy key mainstream media The New York Daily News, Vanity Fair magazine, Yahoo News, The Huffington Post and Forbes Magazine, among others, have cited The ENQUIRER's bombshell investigation into the Palin cheating scandal.

In fact, Forbes suggested that "in the Palin-built political arena of 2011, Todd Palin’s affair might be just the ticket Sarah needs to be the first single mother in the Oval Office."

Interestingly enough, The NY Daily News reported that when the Palins were confronted with cheating allegations in both 2008 and 2009, the then-Alaskan Governor was quick to issue a denial.

The News reported that neither Todd nor Sarah Palin have yet to comment on The ENQUIRER's report.

FOR THE FULL STORY and to see WORLD EXCLUSIVE pictures of the woman at the center of the Palin sex scandal it's ONLY in the new ENQUIRER - on sale now!

Marigold2
01-22-2011, 02:31 PM
Never a fan of her's I wonder how this will play out, first the daughter gets knocked up and now the hubby might not be so wonderful after all.
Looks like Todd might have been reloading someone else.

pomtzu
01-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Probably just one more sleazy story to sell more copies of the Enquirer!!

And even if it is a true story, I think most people really won't give a rat's a$$ about it anyway. Just too much of the same thing lately - sex scandal overload! :eek:

Who cares????????

JenBKR
01-22-2011, 07:32 PM
The National Enquirer...now THERE'S a reliable source :rolleyes: A fan of Sarah Palin or not, I can't imagine anyone taking anything in the Enquirer seriously.

Grace
01-22-2011, 10:13 PM
The National Enquirer...now THERE'S a reliable source :rolleyes: A fan of Sarah Palin or not, I can't imagine anyone taking anything in the Enquirer seriously.

I understand what you mean - but they were correct about John Edwards and his affair.

kitten645
01-22-2011, 11:07 PM
Not a fan of Palin or the NE but it seems lately they are breaking "news" albeit the underbelly of "news" before credible media. I think the real news media have to have some journalist integrity (not all mind you) but the NE is the NE and can spout "news" like 500lb cats along with what might be the beginings of scandals. Doesn't mean I'd ever give them a cent of my money!

moosmom
01-23-2011, 07:16 AM
The National Enquirer...now THERE'S a reliable source A fan of Sarah Palin or not, I can't imagine anyone taking anything in the Enquirer seriously.

Nuff said!! I don't like Palin either.

Bonny
01-23-2011, 09:02 AM
I understand what you mean - but they were correct about John Edwards and his affair.

I thought Mr Edwards was a Saint & they were such a happy family. NOT! The Enquirer seems to know what is going on behind closed doors. :eek:

Don't know about Sarah Palin anymore?:confused:

Marigold2
01-23-2011, 12:49 PM
I think this becomes important if she decides to run for President.
Clinton was already in office when his affair with Monica came to light.
Would Palin divorce Todd? I doubt it.
Would women feel a kinship to her over the cheating?
Would more women vote for her?
Would she been seen as more saintly for forgiving Todd?
Or would women feel she is a fool for staying with a man such as Todd?
What kind of first man would Todd be?
Can he be trusted with secrets concerning world affairs or just regular affairs?
If this is true and I am not saying it is at this point it would change a lot of things for her and her future.
So yes I do feel this is an important issue and not just NE gossip.

Marigold2
01-23-2011, 12:49 PM
I thought so too Bonny.

I thought Mr Edwards was a Saint & they were such a happy family. NOT! The Enquirer seems to know what is going on behind closed doors. :eek:

Don't know about Sarah Palin anymore?:confused:

momcat
01-23-2011, 04:02 PM
I don't believe anything in the National Enquirer or off the internet, neither source has a shred of credibility. As for Palin, her 15 minutes are up and I wish that idiot would go away. If she tries for president in 2012 she doesn't need to worry about this story hurting her chances, Caribou Barbie is doing that on her own.....and doing a fine job of it.

lizbud
01-23-2011, 04:27 PM
Sarah Palin is "important" only to Sarah Palin & her family. She has zero
chance of being elected to any political office ever again. The woman could
not even bring herself to serve out a full term as Governor in her own state.

That's too much work for her. She's all talk, and that's what she does best.
What makes anyone think she could possibly do the real 24/7 work of a
U.S. President?

blue
01-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Seriously if she didnt sell papers or cause threads like this yall would never hear from her again. But someone or someones are scared of her otherwise she wouldnt be news. Dismiss, denigrate and demonize.

The whole reason Marigold started this thread was to Dismiss, denigrate and demonize.

Like all good liberals yall cant let her fade away. They have to attack. Dismiss, denigrate and demonize, Alinsky would be proud of you.

Liz, if she isnt important why have her in your sig? Dismiss, denigrate and demonize, right?. Stop being intentionally ignorant, her resigning saved my state alot of cash. Dismiss, denigrate and demonize. I understand you are scared of politicians with morals and scruples because you arent used to it. If all I ever knew where corrupt power hungry politicians Palin would scare me too. After all a Liberal politician will waste time and money to hold on to even the smallest amount of power so I understand why you are confused by Palin's resignation.

Bonny
01-24-2011, 06:52 AM
Seriously if she didnt sell papers or cause threads like this yall would never hear from her again. But someone or someones are scared of her otherwise she wouldnt be news. Dismiss, denigrate and demonize.

The whole reason Marigold started this thread was to Dismiss, denigrate and demonize.

Like all good liberals yall cant let her fade away. They have to attack. Dismiss, denigrate and demonize, Alinsky would be proud of you.

Liz, if she isnt important why have her in your sig? Dismiss, denigrate and demonize, right?. Stop being intentionally ignorant, her resigning saved my state alot of cash. Dismiss, denigrate and demonize. I understand you are scared of politicians with morals and scruples because you arent used to it. If all I ever knew where corrupt power hungry politicians Palin would scare me too. After all a Liberal politician will waste time and money to hold on to even the smallest amount of power so I understand why you are confused by Palin's resignation.

How & Why did Sarah's resignation as governor save Alaska a lot of money? Inquiring minds would like to know.:confused:

blue
01-27-2011, 01:41 AM
Because it left us with a Gov who could focus on the job of being Gov, instead of all the frivolous/baseless lawsuits against her.

A Dem would have fought the lawsuits into bankruptcy just to hold on to the title, costing constituents time, money, and a governor. Instead Palin did the right thing and gave us a Gov who could govern.

Gov Parnell is kinda a Palin-lite, but he is able to do his job because he isnt being sued for being an attractive Constitutionalist woman by lefties with lawyers.

Marigold2
01-27-2011, 08:48 AM
She is her own worst enemy. The more she speaks the more she is being disliked. Unlike others who are respected more when they speak for their thoughts and ideas are valid and intelligent.
She is digging her own grave.

Bonny
01-27-2011, 09:32 AM
She is her own worst enemy. The more she speaks the more she is being disliked. Unlike others who are respected more when they speak for their thoughts and ideas are valid and intelligent.
She is digging her own grave.

Have to agree with you on that Marigold. It is very sad to watch :(. She doesn't fit in with the fat cats in DC.

I wonder what lawsuits have been filed against Sarah Palin? They did a big spread in the Alaska magazine a couple years back on Sarah & her family. There were problems mainly I recall with the oil drilling on the North Slope? But there have been pros & cons about that from day one.

caseysmom
01-27-2011, 10:43 AM
She is laughing all the way to the bank, There is no doubt in my mind that she is in it for the money, you don't quite your duties and go on tour and tv if your heart is in the right place.

sparks19
01-27-2011, 10:57 AM
She is laughing all the way to the bank, There is no doubt in my mind that she is in it for the money, you don't quite your duties and go on tour and tv if your heart is in the right place.

I agree with this.

She's selling America's stupidity back to them. Just like Jessica Simpson. Everyone laughed about how stupid she was for her "buffalo don't have wings" comment and the next thing you know she had a big sponsorship deal with pizza hut or something like that. she did the same thing another time. made a stupid comment and ended up with another sponsor deal.

and people eat it up and then we wonder "why she won't just go away". the fact that we just can't get enough of the gossip is lining her pockets

Bonny
01-27-2011, 11:54 AM

Sarah is living the American Dream then? ;)

blue
01-27-2011, 09:46 PM
She angers and confuses liberals. I hope she stays in the news for a long time to come.

caseysmom
01-27-2011, 11:51 PM
I agree with this.

She's selling America's stupidity back to them. Just like Jessica Simpson. Everyone laughed about how stupid she was for her "buffalo don't have wings" comment and the next thing you know she had a big sponsorship deal with pizza hut or something like that. she did the same thing another time. made a stupid comment and ended up with another sponsor deal.

and people eat it up and then we wonder "why she won't just go away". the fact that we just can't get enough of the gossip is lining her pockets

People must enjoy train wreck's otherwise nobody would have heard of octomom.

blue
01-28-2011, 12:03 AM
People must enjoy train wreck's otherwise nobody would have heard of octomom.

Liberals also enjoy dog piles, most dont have the backbone to do anything on their own.

wombat2u2004
02-05-2011, 06:05 AM
Folks.....Please don't talk ill about my two pin up girls, Sarah and Octomom.
They are my Honey's :D

wombat2u2004
02-05-2011, 06:06 AM
Sarah is living the American Dream then? ;)

Absolutely ;)

Marigold2
02-05-2011, 11:14 AM
LOL I thought your pinup girl were Rosie O'Donnel, she and Palin share the same big mouth.

Edwina's Secretary
02-05-2011, 11:36 AM
A new definition for self absorbed arrogance - Sarah Palin and Bristol Palin want to tradmark their names.

After all Sarah Palin stands for....failed vice presidential candidate and quitter who fails to keep her commitment to those who voted for her

And Bristol Palin stands for....high school dropout, teenage pregnancy.

Great brands. I can see why they want to protect them...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Marigold2
02-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Perfectly said!

A new definition for self absorbed arrogance - Sarah Palin and Bristol Palin want to tradmark their names.

After all Sarah Palin stands for....failed vice presidential candidate and quitter who fails to keep her commitment to those who voted for her

wombat2u2004
02-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Sarah for President.
Octomom for Vice President.
They are famous, and in the news all the time....they must be special. :D

Alysser
02-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Sarah for President.
Octomom for Vice President.
They are famous, and in the news all the time....they must be special. :D

I can't tell you how much I laughed at this post.. either Octomom or Glenn Beck. If she picked the latter that would not shock me in the least.

But if ANY of this happens, I'll be the first to move to Canada. :D If it does happen to be Beck, I'll be running to Canada.

wombat2u2004
02-05-2011, 09:57 PM
I can't tell you how much I laughed at this post.. either Octomom or Glenn Beck. If she picked the latter that would not shock me in the least.

But if ANY of this happens, I'll be the first to move to Canada. :D If it does happen to be Beck, I'll be running to Canada.

You can run, but you can't hide.
There is a Beck and an Octomom wherever you go.
Ever heard the saying "No-one can hear you screaming in space" ???
Well that's because there is some of them living in space.

Catty1
02-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Alysser, there's always room on my couch! :D

blue
02-06-2011, 09:33 PM

So you are assuming it was Sarah and Bristol who filed to trademark their names?

So did Barack Obama file to trademark his name, every time the trademark was denied?

Edwina's Secretary
02-06-2011, 10:29 PM
So you are assuming it was Sarah and Bristol who filed to trademark their names?

Of course not! It was the Easter Bunny! Oh please.

blue
02-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Of course not! It was the Easter Bunny! Oh please.

Here is the complete quote

So did Barack Obama file to trademark his name, every time the trademark was denied?

So those trying to trademark Barack Obama where affiliated with the Easter Bunny as well? Oh please indeed.

Edwina's Secretary
02-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Here is the complete quote

So those trying to trademark Barack Obama where affiliated with the Easter Bunny as well? Oh please indeed.

Let me help you blue. Obama = winner. Palin = loser. Trademarks? Indeed.

Edwina's Secretary
02-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Oh wait! I forgot the "other" Palin trademark. Unwed, teenage mother who is trying to deny the father of her baby his rights as a parent. High school drop out to boot. And then there is the quitter thing....

blue
02-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Let me help you blue. Obama = winner. Palin = loser. Trademarks? Indeed.

Let me help you. Palin didn't lose, McCain did. Trademarks my A$$. Indeed.

I doubt the next time the left loses you will STFU and be a gracious loser. You cant even be a gracious winner.

Edwina's Secretary
02-06-2011, 10:47 PM
STFU

I apologize for my igorance of these things...but could you explain to me what STFU means??? I am not familiar with this acronym?

Thanks!

blue
02-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Oh wait! I forgot the "other" Palin trademark. Unwed, teenage mother who is trying to deny the father of her baby his rights as a parent. High school drop out to boot. And then there is the quitter thing....

Bristol graduated with her class, with a 3.4 average. Most drop outs dont graduate with their class.

Levi is a douchebag, looking for his 15 minutes of fame, I can see why you would champion that. So since you dont lie....Ill let you explain it.

Again I can see why you would think a politician quitting is a bad thing. Its giving up personal power, something very important to the left. Palin resigned, giving power back to the people and saving Alaskans money, something you would find offensive.

Catty1
02-06-2011, 10:55 PM
"Shut The F*** Up"

ETA - that is saying what the acronym stands for, it's NOT me telling that to anyone! :)

blue
02-06-2011, 10:57 PM
I apologize for my igorance of these things...but could you explain to me what STFU means??? I am not familiar with this acronym?

Thanks!

You really aren't smart enough to figure that out yourself?

Seriously?

I mean that.

And its "ignorance"

Edwina's Secretary
02-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Again I can see why you would think a politician quitting is a bad thing. Its giving up personal power, something very important to the left. Palin resigned, giving power back to the people and saving Alaskans money, something you would find offensive.

Adorable blue....really adorable. Quitting is a good thing because it saves people money and gives up personal power....giving power back to the people...

Truly adorable...ridiculous...but adorable. I can only imagine the dreams you have about the Palin "girls"...

Sorry I am not as conversant with the various "F" stuff as you and your followers...

People I know don't talk that way...

blue
02-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Adorable blue....really adorable. Quitting is a good thing because it saves people money and gives up personal power....giving power back to the people...

Truly adorable...ridiculous...but adorable.

I knew you wouldn't get it. Your smart but you just don't get "IT". You probably never will.

I can only imagine the dreams you have about the Palin "girls"...

Since you are in California and from Chicago, I will never come close to the perverse dreams you have about any girls any where with your political leanings.

Edwina's Secretary
02-06-2011, 11:07 PM
I knew you wouldn't get it. Your smart but you just don't get "IT". You probably never will.

Since you are in California and from Chicago, I will never come close to the perverse dreams you have about any girls any where with your political leanings.

Sorry blue. Not the least bit clever. Stumbling and ...sorry...really pitiful.

blue
02-06-2011, 11:09 PM
Sorry blue. Not the least bit clever. Stumbling and ...sorry...really pitiful.

So the truce is off?

lizbud
02-07-2011, 09:02 AM

Did you read that their trademark app was rejected? True.:) They forgot
to sign their names.:D Must be in a hurry or something... Time is money
you know LOL.:)

Grace
02-07-2011, 04:57 PM
The saga continues . . . . . . . .

From Politico -

Bristol Palin, the 20-year-old daughter of former Alaska governor Sarah Palin, seems to have put down her dancing shoes and picked up the pen. A book listing on Amazon, under the heading "Untitled Bristol Palin Memoir,” says that the 304-page book is due to hit the shelves June 21.

Back in November, Palin family friends told PopEater that Bristol was working on a book, but the nature of it was undisclosed.

According to the Amazon listing, the memoir will be published by William Morrow & Co., an imprint of Harper Collins. Neither the publisher nor Palin's rep immediately responded to requests for comment.

link (http://www.politico.com/click/stories/1102/a_bristol_palin_memoir.html)

So I'd never heard of this PopEater site; I googled it, and it turns out to be a place for celebrity gossip. Figures, if you're going to stay away from the lamestream media, you go to a gossip place :D

blue
02-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Did you read that their trademark app was rejected? True.:) They forgot
to sign their names.:D Must be in a hurry or something... Time is money
you know LOL.:)

Again its more evidence that the Palin's didnt submit the trademark themselves. Same goes for all of the Barack Obama trademarks that where rejected.

Edwina's Secretary
02-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Sarah Palin...

failed vice president candidate...

half term Alasca governor...

8 episode reality t.v. show actress....

and she can't even spell her name right!

What a brand!

blue
02-09-2011, 12:03 AM
Ive seen the applications, the names are correct. The address of record is a downtown Anchorage lawyers office.

Im sure if I had the money I could get them to file for a trademark in anyone of your names. Heck I may try and do it on my own with your user names, and/or real names. :cool:

Granted the Palins may have paid the guy to file the forms, but didnt do it in person so couldnt file their signatures on the form.

If the Palins really did file for trademarks the FAIL is the lawyer who filed the forms.

lizbud
02-09-2011, 07:01 PM
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2011-02-09-PalinSchool.jpg

Marigold2
02-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Hey guys lets be nice here. After all we are all better and smarter then Palin and certaintly not as money hungry.
We all work hard, get the job done. We are honest and decent so lets just be kind ok?

blue
02-11-2011, 12:03 AM
After all we are all better and smarter then Palin

Not from what Ive seen.

ETA: Do not include me with your interpretation of "We".

blue
02-11-2011, 12:14 AM
half term Alasca governor...

You may hate Sarah Palin for whatever reason you have, be it her idealism, the fact that she shares a similar first name to yours, or that you hate the fact that she is an attractive conservative female. But I have never seen her miss spell Laguna Niguel California 92677.

For the future, its spelled Alaska.

ETA:

"Shut The F*** Up"

ETA - that is saying what the acronym stands for, it's NOT me telling that to anyone! :)

I didnt tell ES that either, I just doubt she has the ability to do so.

Edwina's Secretary
02-11-2011, 08:13 PM
One of my favorite political "cartoons" is an interview of Ms. Palin by Glenn Beck. He asks her (okay- a TOTALLY inane question but he asked it! ) who was her favorite "Founding Father?"

You can see her...almost hear the gears move in her little head...."oh what was that position paper...Thomas Jefferson is now considered bad...oh who else???..." Finally she says...with that cute little cheerleader shake of her head..."Oh all of them!"

Even "Bad Man Beck" cannot accept that...he replies..."Pick one!" You can almost see the smoke from the effort -- she looks like the quintessential "deer in the headlight"...

"George Washington!" she replies with another twitch of her head!

Carelessly Beck asks, "Why?".

"Because he is the father of our country!" says Our Girl Palin!

At that point even Beck has the good sense to shut up....

I am sure if you take the time to find it on YouTube or the like it the chuckles will be worth the effort!

wombat2u2004
02-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Love Sarah Palin.
She's a REAL woman. :love::love::D

Grace
02-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Love Sarah Palin.
She's a REAL woman. :love::love::D

As opposed to whom?

blue
02-12-2011, 11:26 PM
As opposed to posters #56, #58, #60, and #61 in this thread. And Palin can spell Alaska to boot.

And I cant say for certain but I would bet Palin doesnt use an abnormal amount of "..." when posting on forums.

Isnt hatred cute?

Edwina's Secretary
02-13-2011, 12:02 AM
Sorry Grace. Apparently you and I cannot be "real women" according to the World of blue. We can constuct complete sentences, finish thoughts, and understand basic grammar - all beyond the scope of women of Alasca....and indicative of "non-women" as defined in the land of blue Alasca....

Edwina's Secretary
02-13-2011, 12:18 AM
As opposed to posters #56, #58, and #60 in this thread. And Palin can spell Alaska to boot. And I cant say for certain but I would bet Palin doesnt use an abnormal amount of "..." when posting on forums.

Isn't editing cute? I am willing to bet Palin doesn't know HOW to use "..." when posting on forums. Heck...I am willing to bet Palin doesn't know the definition of forum let alone the correct use of "..."

Here - the top ten dumbest Palin quotes...

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/sarahpalin/a/palin-top-10.htm

Bonny
02-13-2011, 07:32 AM
Isn't editing cute? I am willing to bet Palin doesn't know HOW to use "..." when posting on forums. Heck...I am willing to bet Palin doesn't know the definition of forum let alone the correct use of "..."

Here - the top ten dumbest Palin quotes...

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/sarahpalin/a/palin-top-10.htm

Sarah doesn't care what anyone thinks. She can stand up on her soap box & say what she wants to say politically correct, socially correct, or not. It is the great freedom we have as Americans. She is cute & sassy & she sure takes the spin off of a boring dull political bunch of do nothing stick in the muds. She is a maverick & by gosh I like her. :D

Edwina's Secretary
02-13-2011, 08:07 PM
Bristol and her Baby Daddy have lived their lives on the cover of every gossip magazine, grabbed at every exposure possible and new she is writing a "memoir"? What is there left to tell??

I think of her as the Alaskan version of Paris Hilton...

Bristol Palin's memoir has shown up on Amazon.com, and just like that, there's a perfect preorder for readers interested in 20-year-old moms who are simultaneously 'Dancing With the Stars' alums and daughters of onetime vice presidential nominees.

PoliticalWire spotted the 304-page tome, currently titled 'Untitled Bristol Palin Memoir,' earlier today. The book is listed at $17.15 (save $8.84!) and appears to be set for a June 21 release. How Palin busted out 304 pages from 20 years of life -- or when she managed to do it, with all the televised dancing, Levi Johnston sparring, and moving to the continental U.S. -- is beyond us.

Bristol's memoir will come from William Morrow & Co., an imprint of HarperCollins, which previously published Sarah Palin's 'Going Rouge: An American Life' and 'America by Heart : Reflections on Family, Faith, and Flag.'

In a morning radio interview in January, Bristol divulged she has a new beau and is "thrilled." She's also adjusting well to her Arizona home, having recently departed Alaska. "I love the town that I live in," Bristol said. "I love my house. [2-year-old son] Tripp's happy. He's healthy."

Palin also had a sex talk at Washington University canceled due to student opposition. Bristol became pregnant at 17, and at 20, is now a single mother to her son.

wombat2u2004
02-13-2011, 08:21 PM
Sarah doesn't care what anyone thinks. She can stand up on her soap box & say what she wants to say politically correct, socially correct, or not. It is the great freedom we have as Americans. She is cute & sassy & she sure takes the spin off of a boring dull political bunch of do nothing stick in the muds. She is a maverick & by gosh I like her. :D

That's it. I'm with you Bonny ;)
I suppose all the old cronies don't want a fresh breath into their politics.

Edwina's Secretary
02-13-2011, 10:49 PM
Damn those "old cronies" where ever they are! :D:D:D

Grace
02-13-2011, 11:00 PM
She is cute & sassy

I used these exact words when describing her to my husband. Cute & Sassy may work for the Mayor of a small town in Alaska; they may even work for the Governor of Alaska. But cute & sassy do not work for the President of the United States.

momcat
02-14-2011, 05:53 PM
I used these exact words when describing her to my husband. Cute & Sassy may work for the Mayor of a small town in Alaska; they may even work for the Governor of Alaska. But cute & sassy do not work for the President of the United States.

I couldn't agree with you more, Grace! Very well said.

Bonny
02-14-2011, 06:03 PM

Either does someone reading from a teleprompter.

Grace
02-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Either does someone reading from a teleprompter.

Presidents have been using teleprompters for more than 50 years.

momcat
02-14-2011, 06:12 PM
Presidents have been using teleprompters for more than 50 years.

Sure beats writing speech notes on their hands

Grace
02-14-2011, 06:14 PM
Actually, Ms. Palin has a teleprompter in her home studio up there in Alaska.

Bonny
02-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Actually, Ms. Palin has a teleprompter in her home studio up there in Alaska.

Are you suggesting then that she should use a teleprompter? :cool:

blue
02-14-2011, 08:16 PM

No she is suggesting Palin used a teleprompter while reading a script for the taping of a reality TV show.

Grace
02-14-2011, 10:25 PM

She already has used it. I see no problem with that - do you? As Momcat said, it's much better than writing notes on your hand.

Edwina's Secretary
02-14-2011, 11:10 PM
I have to wonder if these people who get all bothered about teleprompters have ever given a speech?

Gosh, even Abraham Lincoln wrote the Gettysburg address and had notes when he gave it.

All a teleprompter is - is a modern day version of Lincoln's "notes on the back of an envelope."

I occasionally give public presentations. Frankly, I would be an idiot if I did so without notes. And a telepromter seems like really cool techology instead of looking down at note cards!

But I am confused...Ms. Palin does her reality show from the studio in her living room????

blue
02-15-2011, 12:59 AM
I have to wonder if these people who get all bothered about teleprompters have ever given a speech?

I have, but never on TV. I have given a speech on radio, no notes no teleprompter. I had a basic outline but thats it. Before you ask it was for a jive morning radio program trying to win a prize. I have acted on stage as well.

From what I remember of my public speaking course in HS, giving a speech from notes, even on ones palm, would be far more difficult then reading from a teleprompter. Notes, written on cards or ones palm, or "talking points" are far harder to make a speech with then a teleprompter.

If you are a bad public speaker, use a teleprompter. If I ever had to again and had a choice I would use notes, to give me the room to improvise.

But I am confused...

Im leaving this one alone, too easy.

caseysmom
02-15-2011, 01:57 AM
Im leaving this one alone, too easy.

Yeah you left it alone.....:rolleyes:

blue
02-15-2011, 02:07 AM
Yeah you left it alone.....:rolleyes:

:cool:

In all fairness, as an Alaskan I was unaware of Mrs Palin's home studio. Grace must have an unusual fascination of Mrs Palin to know of her home studio, paid for by, Im assuming, Fox News.

ETA: I did leave it alone, it really is too easy.

Bonny
02-15-2011, 06:52 AM

Gosh, even Abraham Lincoln wrote the Gettysburg address and had notes when he gave it.

All a teleprompter is - is a modern day version of Lincoln's "notes on the back of an envelope."

I occasionally give public presentations. Frankly, I would be an idiot if I did so without notes. And a telepromter seems like really cool techology instead of looking down at note cards!

But I am confused...Ms. Palin does her reality show from the studio in her living room????

Knowing your subject matter, doing your research, & memorization are all great ways to prepare yourself for giving speeches to the public. Yes, I do this. I do have have a cheat sheet with dates on it stashed where it is handy.

Edwina's Secretary
02-15-2011, 10:59 AM
Knowing your subject matter, doing your research, & memorization are all great ways to prepare yourself for giving speeches to the public. Yes, I do this. I do have have a cheat sheet with dates on it stashed where it is handy.

And I thought the content of the speech more important than whether you can memorize it!

Putting your skills aside - did you know Reagan was a masterful user of the teleprompter?

George W. Bush preferred large print note cards...

(guess those guys were as good at memorization)

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-4848259-503544.html

But what I don't get is why does anyone care which tool a person uses - notes or teleprompter? That is like caring whether a person uses a cell phone or a landline...a convection oven or a regular oven...a digital clock or an analog clock. It is just a matter of which tool a person prefers. Wierd.

Bonny
02-15-2011, 11:57 AM
And I thought the content of the speech more important than whether you can memorize it!

Putting your skills aside - did you know Reagan was a masterful user of the teleprompter?

George W. Bush preferred large print note cards...

(guess those guys were as good at memorization)

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-4848259-503544.html

But what I don't get is why does anyone care which tool a person uses - notes or teleprompter? That is like caring whether a person uses a cell phone or a landline...a convection oven or a regular oven...a digital clock or an analog clock. It is just a matter of which tool a person prefers. Wierd.

Nah! Not WEIRD! Just fussy! Some people like the real thing the up front truth from the heart type of thing. There is that monotone voice when a teleprompter is used. Look at Adolph ( bad example I know) but he almost conquered the world with his enthusiastic speeches.

Grace
02-15-2011, 12:20 PM
I always felt Reagan was speaking from his heart - and never knew until now that he used a teleprompter. Did I miss the monotone :confused:

I agree with ES - doesn't matter one whit what means one needs/uses to get the point across - as long as they can communicate.

Bonny
02-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Ronald was formerly an actor & had learned elocution.

Edwina's Secretary
02-15-2011, 02:00 PM
Nah! Not WEIRD! Just fussy! Some people like the real thing the up front truth from the heart type of thing. There is that monotone voice when a teleprompter is used. Look at Adolph ( bad example I know) but he almost conquered the world with his enthusiastic speeches.

A few points...

- I feel confident Adolph did not use a teleprompter! Nor did he almost conquer the world...Europe is not the world.

- When the President is giving the State of the Union Address - I'm not looking for what is in his heart.

- There can be just as much "heart" in a speech that has been written in advance as in a spontaneous speech. There is much "heart" in the Gettysburg address - even though Lincoln wrote it in advance and read it from his notes. There was "heart" in Reagan's speech about "tear down this wall!" which was written and re-written a number of times before he gave it.

- And...I don't want a President who has time to memorize a speech. There are far, far better uses of time.

I am just fussy that way.

Grace
02-15-2011, 02:10 PM
Ronald was formerly an actor & had learned elocution.

Then what about Clinton. He wasn't an actor, and he had an Arkansas accent. Not sure about the teleprompter. He definitely spoke from the heart - remember Oklahoma City?

Some people are simply better at speaking in public than others.

Those that listened to the first Nixon-Kennedy debate, on the radio, said Nixon was the winner. Those who watched on TV stated the opposite.

Edwina's Secretary
02-15-2011, 02:15 PM
In fact...Ronald Reagan did not write the "tear down this wall" speech let alone deliver it "from the heart." Here is the story...

http://www.historynet.com/president-ronald-reagan-inside-story-of-reagans-berlin-challenge-to-tear-down-this-wall.htm

It certainly represented Reagan's views and beliefs - but not his words.

Presidents - all of them in this day and age - use speech writers to some extent. A good speech writer writes a speech that sounds like the president thinks.

Speeches are theater - that's one reason Reagan was so good. Not many people can ad lib a speech without sounding like they are ad libbing. And think of the potential "foot in mouth" that could set off a war some place if the President of the US did??

Press conferences are when presidents speak "off the cuff" - usually after giving some prepared statements.

Edwina's Secretary
02-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Then what about Clinton. He wasn't an actor, and he had an Arkansas accent. Not sure about the teleprompter. He definitely spoke from the heart - remember Oklahoma City?

Clinton did use a teleprompter - particularly for "big" speeches like State of the Union. He was also comfortable just using notes.

Grace
02-15-2011, 02:29 PM
Speech writers - Reagan had one who was fantastic - Peggy Noonan. She wrote the short piece he did after the Challenger exploded - with input from him, of course.

The crew of the space shuttle Challenger honored us by the manner in which they lived their lives. We will never forget them, nor the last time we saw them, this morning, as they prepared for their journey and waved goodbye and "slipped the surly bonds of earth" to "touch the face of God."

The entire piece is here. (http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/ronaldreaganchallenger.htm)

Bonny
02-15-2011, 02:59 PM
A few points...

- I feel confident Adolph did not use a teleprompter! Nor did he almost conquer the world...Europe is not the world.

- When the President is giving the State of the Union Address - I'm not looking for what is in his heart.

- There can be just as much "heart" in a speech that has been written in advance as in a spontaneous speech. There is much "heart" in the Gettysburg address - even though Lincoln wrote it in advance and read it from his notes. There was "heart" in Reagan's speech about "tear down this wall!" which was written and re-written a number of times before he gave it.

- And...I don't want a President who has time to memorize a speech. There are far, far better uses of time.

I am just fussy that way.

I personally would like to be able to stay awake & not fall asleep during the presidents speech.

Edwina's Secretary
02-15-2011, 03:10 PM
I personally would like to be able to stay awake & not fall asleep during the presidents speech.

What does that have to do with whether the speaker uses notes or a teleprompter? That is what I don't get.

But if you have trouble staying awake - a cup of coffee perhaps?

Bonny
02-15-2011, 03:28 PM
What does that have to do with whether the speaker uses notes or a teleprompter? That is what I don't get.

But if you have trouble staying awake - a cup of coffee perhaps?

Well, it does make a difference if the speaker is just sitting there reading in a monotone voice it puts me to sleep. Maybe moving their hands in expression or some head movement would help. They can't even show any facial expression or the press would have a field day with that, maybe big WW III would break out. :eek:

Debates now those are more interesting. With the Nixon-Kennedy debate there was action there, there weren't any teleprompters. I guess it depended on the issues at the time & what people were thinking to call a winner. To me both candidates were winners they got up there & debated the issues.

To late in the day for coffee, besides I would up all night running to the bathroom. ;)

Grace
02-15-2011, 04:16 PM
I find it helps if I don't watch - just listen. Pretend you're listening to the radio. Then you have to pay attention to what is being said - not the way anyone looks.

Of course, I was used to listening to the radio when I was a kid - there were no TVs for quite a few years. So I had to pay attention to what was being spoken.

Marigold2
02-16-2011, 07:24 PM
Such a good idea.
Also anyone can say anything. I like to look at a person's record how they have served their country before the thought of big political thoughts entered their mind.
When one looks to the Kennedy family almost all are in public service and they have truly helped their fellow man.
Ted Kennedy was a rotten husband for a great deal of his life but he was also a man who cared deeply about his fellow men and managed to make peoples lives better.
Bill Clinton also helps his fellow man with charity work as does Jimmy Carter and now Bush senior who has befriended Clinton.
We admire people who put their own wants and needs aside to help others as Abe Lincoln did.
Great people such as Florence Nightingale who helped the wounded soldiers, think of the hell it must have been in those days for those poor men and the people who tired to help.
So many good and decent people have risked their lives to make this world a better place.
Anyone with money can have someone write them a speech, but how many go out amoung the people and truly work to make their lives better?
I don't think Bristol or Sarah have yet proved to be those people.
Right now I think they are working for the almighty dollar.

I find it helps if I don't watch - just listen. Pretend you're listening to the radio. Then you have to pay attention to what is being said - not the way anyone looks.

Of course, I was used to listening to the radio when I was a kid - there were no TVs for quite a few years. So I had to pay attention to what was being spoken.

wombat2u2004
02-24-2011, 07:04 AM
Anyone with money can have someone write them a speech, but how many go out amoung the people and truly work to make their lives better?[/FONT]
I don't think Bristol or Sarah have yet proved to be those people.
Right now I think they are working for the almighty dollar.

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/sarah-palin-blows-kiss.jpg

wombat2u2004
03-01-2011, 07:11 AM
**Bump**
Just thought I'd bump this up kids, because Sarah Palin is beautiful and is my current pin up girl :D:D

Marigold2
03-01-2011, 06:24 PM
As a male friend said
Put her on a magazine
Put her in the centerfold
Just don't put her in the White house
My husband and I laughed at this.
Men think she is hot.
As a women I find it hard to find a dingbat attractive male or female.

momcat
03-01-2011, 07:27 PM
As a male friend said
Put her on a magazine

Amen to that!!!!! Thanks for sharing, I love this.....

wombat2u2004
03-02-2011, 01:51 AM
As a male friend said
Put her on a magazine
Men think she is hot.

Why not put her in the White House ???
She's gotta be better than who you already have there. ;)
I wonder if she would ignore her federal duty to Arizona.
Dingbat ???? Ahhhhhhhhh....but what a very sexy dingbat :D:D:D

Bonny
03-02-2011, 07:19 AM
She is a maverick & would ride into Arizona with a posse & clean the place up & out in no time. No hum drum politics for her a woman of action.

Edwina's Secretary
03-02-2011, 03:12 PM
She is a maverick & would ride into Arizona with a posse & clean the place up & out in no time. No hum drum politics for her a woman of action.

But would she serve out her whole term?.....nah. That would require working instead of just scolding....quitters always quit when the going get tough.

Marigold2
03-02-2011, 06:56 PM
I wonder if she thinks this is the way to handle foreign leaders. Hilary Clinton has the brains and the experience, this women does not have any knowledge on how to deal with world leaders or world issues. I doubt if she can find half the coutries on a map, knows the name of world leaders, knows the culture, the customs, the political concerns, issues and has an understanding of the history of any of these countries and the people.
Blowing a kiss is not going to work baby on the leaders of the Middle East.

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/sarah-palin-blows-kiss.jpg

Bonny
03-03-2011, 09:30 AM
But would she serve out her whole term?.....nah. That would require working instead of just scolding....quitters always quit when the going get tough.

Edwina's Secretary, Have you ever thought of running for president? :cool:

Blu never did answer the question as to what lawsuits were being filed against Sarah Palin? That was suppose to be one of the reasons why she stepped down?

It would be nice if some presidents, elected officials would step down & it has happened in the past & some were even impeached.

wombat2u2004
03-04-2011, 04:30 AM
Blowing a kiss is not going to work baby on the leaders of the Middle East.

Well that's gotta be more than they're getting from who you have in the seat already.
Oh I forgot.....he does give them something.....all your money. ;)

wombat2u2004
03-04-2011, 04:53 AM
Edwina's Secretary, Have you ever thought of running for president? :cool:

Blu never did answer the question as to what lawsuits were being filed against Sarah Palin? That was suppose to be one of the reasons why she stepped down?

It would be nice if some presidents, elected officials would step down & it has happened in the past & some were even impeached.

Hee hee......some people have so many assumptions, they assume this and they assume that.....but really now.....do they know as much as they would have us believe ???? Naw. They are just hot wind. From what I have seen, the person in power at the moment is making a proper mess of things. I'd like to see someone take over the reins who is a little more humble than the arrogance that leads you all at the moment....someone who is not afraid to have a go. I personally believe that the USA hasn't had a good president since Kennedy, and that can only be a reflection on the majority of voters who have empowered these people since JFK's demise.
Arrogant people always support arrogant people.....so your asking if a certain person here should stand for president ??? What for ??? Things would never change. The USA needs someone who knows what they are doing. ;)

Marigold2
03-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Kennedy was not president long enought to really make a change.
Clinton was a good president. America was strong, jobs were plenty, we were not in debt. Leaders of foreign countries respected him, admired him and feared him. And came Bush...............
Obama inherited massive unemployment, two wars, banks going under, a nation of people without health care who could not afford to get well or become sick less they lose their life savings or home.
Most Americans if you ask them were happier, wealthier, and more optomistic about their lives under Clinton then Bush.
Obama cannot change 8 years of Bush in 2 years. Change takes time.
People need to change their attitude as well. As Kennedy said
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country".
Well we are sending our sons and daughters to the Middle East to die that is what we are doing for our country Mr. Bush.
Tell me Wombat exactly what is it that Obama has done that you don't approve of?

pomtzu
03-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Tell me Wombat exactly what is it that Obama has done that you don't approve of?

Well, I'm not Wombat, but I have an answer for this question - for what's it's worth:

He took the oath of office!!!! :mad::p:D More than enough said on this topic, I believe! Of course, it's just the opinion of little old me.....:D

And BTW - it's President Obama - not Obama. At least he deserves the respect of being acknowledged as such.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-05-2011, 05:02 PM
This is just an observation on my life but for some odd reason whenever we have a democrate in office, my life gets harder. (yes, I have voted for a few)
(like no raise in my disability for 2 years because they say there is no inflation. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Wish they would shop for groceries for themselves once in a while instead of having their hired help do it for them)

One thing else I have observed: when everyone gets harping on cutting spending the first things they want to go after is Social Security and Medicare but never ever have I heard a word about them reforming Welfare!!! (nor about taking illegels off the system that they just granted benefits too a few years ago.)
Just saying!:love:

One thing our president has done, is let everyone and their dog drill off our shores but not let the US companies do it. Hence we are being held at the mercy of other countries for oil. Just peek at the price of gas.

pomtzu
03-05-2011, 05:23 PM
This is just an observation on my life but for some odd reason whenever we have a democrate in office, my life gets harder. (yes, I have voted for a few)
(like no raise in my disability for 2 years because they say there is no inflation. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Wish they would shop for groceries for themselves once in a while instead of having their hired help do it for them)

One thing else I have observed: when everyone gets harping on cutting spending the first things they want to go after is Social Security and Medicare but never ever have I heard a word about them reforming Welfare!!! (nor about taking illegels off the system that they just granted benefits too a few years ago.)
Just saying!:love:

One thing our president has done, is let everyone and their dog drill off our shores but not let the US companies do it. Hence we are being held at the mercy of other countries for oil. Just peek at the price of gas.

I hear ya' and I'm with ya' - 150%!

No raise in my Social Security check for 2 years because the cost of living has not gone up enough to warrant it? Oh please - give me a break. I'd sure like to see these decision makers, live on what I do. My supplemental healthcare insurance went up, my car insurance increased per statewide increase, take a look at the price of going grocery shopping, my car doesn't know what it is to go to the gas station for a fill up ($20 at a time only!), I just received notice from my trash removal company and we are being forced into recycling per state law (at a fee of course), and I could go on and on.

Nope - we seniors sure don't need a cost of living raise. We're happy as clams with things as they are...........:rolleyes::mad::rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
03-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Here in Kansas quite a few years back, our congress decided to live on food stamps for one month. They somehow thought the ones on food stamps were living high on the hog so to speak. They though it would be a snap. Mind you, you can only buy human food, no toliet paper or toothpaste or things like that with food stamps. I had to go on them for a short time while my disability was being determined. I got $75 a month.

the congress couldn't even make it through one month. the sissies :love:

momcat
03-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Two years ago my son spent 14 days in Vienna, Budapest, Prague, and Venice with the International Scholar Laureate Program as a member of the diplomacy delegation. It was a few months before the Presidential election. Mike had the opportunity to talk one-on-one with a diplomat about what problems the next president would face. The diplomat told him it's going to take YEARS to undo the damage done by the Bush administration. The delegates, who represented our best and brightest, experienced a lot of anti American sentiment while there. The advisor told them not to take it personally because it wasn't aimed at them as individuals, it was because Bush was so intensely despised by other countries.

Marigold2
03-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Exactly, and you will find this theme over and over again. Folks the world has strunk. Now a President's job is not just taking care of the US but managing to get along with an entire world. With the internet and our more sophiscated weapons this is a far different world then Kennedys time or even the first Bush's time.
The changes in medicine too have altered our values and morals. Test tube babies once science fiction, cloning, stem cell research. These things have changed our lives but not those people in the Middle East that don't even have clean water to drink.
A President needs to understand all this and so much more. He needs to be feared and respected, admired and also become a friend and trusted statesmen.
Obama has that ability, Bush did not. It will take a long time for the Bush jokes to end all over the world and for the world to get to know and respect this new man and his wife. They are a gem. And I am very proud of our President.
He is a good man and his wife from all I have seen and heard is truly a good and intelligent women.
If he fails at something it will not be for a lack of trying or intelligence. It will be due to people like Rush would said they wanted Obama to fail.
It will be morans like Huckabee who say he lived in Kenya.
It will be the people who believe he was not born in the US.
These people who believe this sort of thing. They will try and make a good man fail and a country suffer. These are people who don't think things through. Sheep who believe the insanity.
Let me ask you good people of PT when canidates run for office the mud slinging is INTENSE is it not? Nothing is held back. Detectives are hired to find dirt from 20 years ago.
They look into past love affairs, children, grandparents, old jobs, college, grade school, churchs they look at every little itty bitty part of a persons life trying to find the goods.
If there was any proof at all that Obama was NOT born in this country then it would have been brought to light and he would have been disquilified way before he won the the election, way, way before, yet people still believe this. Do you honestly think the Republicans would have not shown proof of this during the election if they had it????
Huckabee reminds me of a KKK, how dare there be a black in the White House, why he lived in Kenya don't ya know? And then all those hints about not being born here.
We finally have a good and decent man in the White House, a man without scandal.
Let us support him and make the US strong, healthy and a country to be proud of again.

Two years ago my son spent 14 days in Vienna, Budapest, Prague, and Venice with the International Scholar Laureate Program as a member of the diplomacy delegation. It was a few months before the Presidential election. Mike had the opportunity to talk one-on-one with a diplomat about what problems the next president would face. The diplomat told him it's going to take YEARS to undo the damage done by the Bush administration. The delegates, who represented our best and brightest, experienced a lot of anti American sentiment while there. The advisor told them not to take it personally because it wasn't aimed at them as individuals, it was because Bush was so intensely despised by other countries.

Grace
03-05-2011, 09:23 PM

Very interesting. Our neighbor's daughter was in Austria for a one year Fulbright Scholarship the last year of President Bush's term. She and the other American students were subjected to a lot of anti-American sentiment. It was so bad that most of them opted to come back to the USA for their second year of post-grad work.

And nothing has really changed - has it? We're still killing innocent people; still trying to impose our policies on others.

Lady's Human
03-06-2011, 05:12 AM
There has been anti-American sentiment in Europe for decades, it's not a new issue. To hear a European Diplomat say that it's all the previous President's fault is rather amusing, after all, European diplomats have done a wonderful job keeping the peace for the last 200 years. These are the same people who referred to the empire building and warfighting in the late 19th and first half of the 20th centuries as "The Great Game".

Not sure them not liking us is a bad thing.........

momoffuzzyfaces
03-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Don't forget between the two Bushes was a Clinton. He didn't do us any favors either. (In my opinion of course) :love:

momcat
03-06-2011, 04:36 PM
There has been anti-American sentiment in Europe for decades, it's not a new issue. To hear a European Diplomat say that it's all the previous President's fault is rather amusing, after all, European diplomats have done a wonderful job keeping the peace for the last 200 years. These are the same people who referred to the empire building and warfighting in the late 19th and first half of the 20th centuries as "The Great Game".

Not sure them not liking us is a bad thing.........

Who said it was a European diplomat? It wasn't, it was a career American diplomat who was working with our delegates. Bush alienated our foreign allies through his idiotic, war mongering policies not to mention his stupidity. Sadly, the anti-Americans the delegates encountered didn't understand or realize the majority of the ISLP delegates did not support Bush or even vote for him.

Lady's Human
03-06-2011, 04:48 PM
In which case the diplomat in question should be fired, as the diplomats are supposed to support and carry out the directives of the Administration.

To elaborate, Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Diplomats need to be completely and totally apolitical, especially when dealing with underlings/recruits/trainees. If they can't be apolitical, they need to find a new line of work.

wombat2u2004
03-06-2011, 05:20 PM
If he fails at something it will not be for a lack of trying or intelligence. It will be due to people like Rush would said they wanted Obama to fail. It will be morans like Huckabee who say he lived in Kenya. It will be the people who believe he was not born in the US.

Ah right. So what you are saying is that if Obama makes a bad decision or fails, it's someone else who is to blame ????? Like Huckabee ??? Or Bush ???
Piffle !!!!!
Can you tell me why your president is suing the State of Arizona for trying to protect their own border against illegal immigrants, which is one of your county's biggest problems ???
Was it not you in the not so distant past who was ranting and raving about illegals in your country ?? What was the term now ??? Insects or grasshoppers or something like that ???
So tell me, what remedies has your president in place to stop this mass illegal immigration ???? The drug running ??? The cartel wars that affect people on both sides of the US/Mex border ???? Well, President Obama won't fail at that will he.....he hasn't done anything in the first place, so how could he fail ????
Bush TRIED to do something about it. The State of Arizona TRIED to do something about it. Do you think it's a big enough problem for your president to at least TRY and do something about it ???? Maybe he's afraid of failing.
But then again....if he does fail....well, it's Bush's fault.

Grace
03-06-2011, 07:13 PM
But then again ............ it's Bush's fault.

Took you long enough - but you finally got it http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/lol1.gif

Edwina's Secretary
03-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Did you know that around 24% of those living in Australia were not born there???? Compare that to around 10% in the US and I think I know which country has a "mass" immigration problem.:D:D

But of course one way to take care of it is to get rid of those pesky Aboriginal people - who have about a 20 year shorter life expectancy...

Very amusing to read someone who really knows not what he speaks of - telling other countries how to cure their problems!!!

Immigration in the United States is a federal issue. Damn that Obama for letting the Constitution get in the way!

Furthermore... it appears other states are not thinking what Arizona did is such a good idea after all...Momentum Shifts Away from Arizona (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/la-na-illegal-immigration-20110306,0,5175155,full.story)

And then there is that whole Pima County AZ (you know...where the border is???) wanting to become a separate state....get away from the whackos in Phoenix!!!

But do continue to share your well-informed wisdom!

momcat
03-06-2011, 07:54 PM
In which case the diplomat in question should be fired, as the diplomats are supposed to support and carry out the directives of the Administration.

You couldn't be more wrong or misinformed about the ISLP program. The student delegates were NOT trainees or anything of the sort. This is a selective program for high college level academic achievers to add an exceptional learning experience to their education. They learned about the role of diplomacy in international relations through many different activities. This conversation was exclusively between my son and the diplomat at a private reception for all diplomats and students in the program. I fully support this diplomat and his comment. He was absolutely right and said it in a private conversation. This gentleman is entitled to his opinion and in this case it's based on hard facts. As long as the diplomat participates in negotiations and other diplomatic activities in full compliance with established diplomatc protocol there's absolutely no reason for him to be fired. You don"t know that he does or ever has violated diplomatic protocol while on the job

wombat2u2004
03-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Took you long enough - but you finally got it http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/lol1.gif

OMG !!! I did. I did say it.
Poor George, I'll have to send an apology to him. ;)

Vette
03-11-2011, 06:35 PM
As a male friend said
Put her on a magazine
Men think she is hot.

Depends on the men. my brother an his male friends dont find her attractive. thankfully LOL
i personality think shes a ding bat too though

wombat2u2004
03-11-2011, 11:28 PM
http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/untitled-6.jpg

She's beautiful. I want her.

Karen
03-12-2011, 01:45 AM
She's beautiful. I want her.

Wom, were it in my power, I'd gladly mail her off to you, I promise! Safer for the wolves of Alaska that way.

Bonny
03-12-2011, 06:39 AM
Send Sarah to Minnesota they can use here up North. A poor fella had to have a herd (cattle) dispersal must I say more? Not against the wolfs but lets use some common sense here?

wombat2u2004
03-12-2011, 09:51 AM
Wom, were it in my power, I'd gladly mail her off to you, I promise! Safer for the wolves of Alaska that way.

Well Karen, I would REALLY appreciate if somehow you could acquire that power. I'd even pay for the postage. :p

momoffuzzyfaces
03-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Never have understood the fuss over her 'beauty'. I've seen horses wearing dresses that looked better. :rolleyes: :love:

Marigold2
03-12-2011, 12:45 PM
LOL You are talking about the back end of the horse right? LOL

Never have understood the fuss over her 'beauty'. I've seen horses wearing dresses that looked better. :rolleyes: :love:

wombat2u2004
03-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Never have understood the fuss over her 'beauty'.

To nutshell it..........it's simply.......lust :D:p:D

momcat
03-12-2011, 09:27 PM

Karen, I'll be honored and thrilled to contribute to the postage! Not only would the wolves and their cubs have a chance at life, there'd be no oil drilling in this beautiful wilderness. She is NOT any friend to the environment or wildlife.

blue
03-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Not only would the wolves and their cubs have a chance at life, there'd be no oil drilling in this beautiful wilderness. She is NOT any friend to the environment or wildlife.

Wolves dont have cubs, they have pups. Bears have cubs. Remember less wolves mean more moose. More moose means more people eating moose.

As an owner of Alaskan minerals, it is up to us to mine, drill, and develop our resources, not you. I dont interfere with your state, please dont interfere with mine. Thank you.

Do you own a car or use public transport? If you answer yes to either of those you are not a friend to the environment.

Bonny
03-12-2011, 10:35 PM
Wolves dont have cubs, they have pups. Bears have cubs. Remember less wolves mean more moose. More moose means more people eating moose.

As an owner of Alaskan minerals, it is up to us to mine, drill, and develop our resources, not you. I dont interfere with your state, please dont interfere with mine. Thank you.

Do you own a car or use public transport? If you answer yes to either of those you are not a friend to the environment.

Way to go Blu! Finally someone that has common sense. :cool:

blue
03-12-2011, 10:38 PM
And Karen, Sarah Palin hasnt had any say in our wolf policy for some time now. Nor does Gov Murkowski, who started the program.

Karen
03-12-2011, 11:30 PM
And Karen, Sarah Palin hasnt had any say in our wolf policy for some time now.

I know, but in 2008:

Sarah Palin, the governor of Alaska and John McCain's vice presidential pick, is an enthusiastic hunter who has proposed legislation and cash incentives to encourage aerial wolf gunning, the controversial practice of shooting wolves from an aircraft.

This has made a permanent black mark on her record, in my mind. I believe she'd do it again if given the chance, and don't trust her any further than I could throw her left-handed. (FYI - I'm a righty.)

blue
03-13-2011, 12:47 AM
I know, but in 2008:

This has made a permanent black mark on her record, in my mind. I believe she'd do it again if given the chance, and don't trust her any further than I could throw her left-handed. (FYI - I'm a righty.)

The current governor supports aerial hunting of wolves. So it aint just Palin. Its Murkowski, Palin, and Parnell and a whole lot of Alaskans who voted for them.

More wolves equals less moose. Less moose means more hungry Alaskan families.

wombat2u2004
03-13-2011, 01:28 AM
Werewolves should be culled.
I'm all for that.

Bonny
03-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Werewolves should be culled.
I'm all for that.

When the wolves are doing damage to peoples sustenance existence & damaging livelihoods then it is time to do some culling. Werewolves included :D

wombat2u2004
03-13-2011, 10:19 AM
When the wolves are doing damage to peoples sustenance existence & damaging livelihoods then it is time to do some culling. Werewolves included :D

City people never seem to understand that do they ????
Food comes from the supermarket ;)

lizbud
03-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Maybe they'll keep her. Please, pretty please.:D

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/50714.html

momoffuzzyfaces
03-13-2011, 01:00 PM
To nutshell it..........it's simply.......lust :D:p:D

Well maybe if you were on another planet and never seen any other women I would agree. Crazy is more what I would call it but that's just my opinion. :love:

momcat
03-13-2011, 07:33 PM

Just words, no big deal. So what?

You can't tell the difference between a general comment based on the ignorant spewing by Caribou Barbie and her desecration of federal land from an attack. This is a general comment based on news reports NOT obtained from the always wrong internet. How defensive of you to wrongly accuse me of interference with your state.

Again, you show your ignorance and hostility. You don't have a clue about what I do for the environment and the level of my concern globally. Before you say something so stupid, know what you're talking about.

wombat2u2004
03-13-2011, 08:37 PM
Well maybe if you were on another planet and never seen any other women I would agree. Crazy is more what I would call it but that's just my opinion. :love:

Hee hee....ya gotta give credit where it's due, surely.
She is kinda pretty huh ??? ;)

blue
03-13-2011, 09:00 PM
Again, you show your ignorance and hostility. You don't have a clue about what I do for the environment and the level of my concern globally. Before you say something so stupid, know what you're talking about.

Good job editing my quote, at least change the color of your responses to clarify I did not post them. No hostility was meant, I even thanked you. Your open hostility to myself, Mrs Palin, and the state of Alaska is quite obvious.

You care more about wolves then families trying to put food in their freezers, how humane of you. I say again, more wolves mean less moose, less moose means more people go hungry. Or is that just words to you?

I live here, I dont need to listen to Mrs Palin, outside news sources, or the internet. I have a front row seat. Nobody drills for oil better then Alaskans in Alaska period.

So you walk everywhere then? How do you heat your home?

wombat2u2004
03-15-2011, 08:29 AM
Good job editing my quote, at least change the color of your responses to clarify I did not post them. No hostility was meant, I even thanked you. Your open hostility to myself, Mrs Palin, and the state of Alaska is quite obvious.

You care more about wolves then families trying to put food in their freezers, how humane of you. I say again, more wolves mean less moose, less moose means more people go hungry. Or is that just words to you?

I live here, I dont need to listen to Mrs Palin, outside news sources, or the internet. I have a front row seat. Nobody drills for oil better then Alaskans in Alaska period.

So you walk everywhere then? How do you heat your home?

Hey blue.
Have you ever eaten moose ????

blue
03-15-2011, 09:20 PM
Hey blue.
Have you ever eaten moose ????

Yes and it brings the AWESOME!!!!

And Momcat, I have been threatened with a ban for what you did changing my quote, nice to see the double standard holds.

wombat2u2004
03-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Yes and it brings the AWESOME!!!!

Is it like beef ??? Or a lot different ???

blue
03-16-2011, 12:38 AM
Is it like beef ??? Or a lot different ???

It is very much better then beef. More tender and the taste is very much betters. Its been awhile since Ive had it but I am drooling thinking about it. Only thing that needs to be done to it for taste, is cook it.

wombat2u2004
03-16-2011, 01:36 AM
It is very much better then beef. More tender and the taste is very much betters. Its been awhile since Ive had it but I am drooling thinking about it. Only thing that needs to be done to it for taste, is cook it.

Just wondered is all. I've tried kangaroo, and it's terrible.

blue
03-16-2011, 01:40 AM

I remember this now, sorry I didnt at the time you posted. What Palin proposed not only went against state law it went against the will of the people, including those who voted for her (myself included).

The cash bounty was made illegal in AK, I dont remember when or why. I can look into it if you like. FWIW I am against a bounty on any animal hides/carcasses as well.

I dont like federal wild animal protections to begin with, unless the species is in danger of becoming extinct, it should be left to the states to manage their wildlife.

blue
03-17-2011, 12:51 AM
And the double standard lives on.

wombat2u2004
03-17-2011, 03:45 AM
And the double standard lives on.

Hey, even movie stars and rockers get onto our bandwagon....LOLOLOL
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/opinion/do-gooders-hop-on-kangaroo-cull-bandwagon/story-e6frg6zo-1225842687992