PDA

View Full Version : heavy metal...lol

charlie116
01-20-2011, 05:49 PM
does anyone like heavy metal? i've gotten into a lot of metal bands lately, & i want to discuss it with someone!!! lol. so, here are some bands i like. some of them don't qualify as metal...:p
Abandon All Ships
The Acacia Strain
After the Burial
Alesana
All Out War
All That Remains
Amon Amarth
As Blood Runs Black
As I Lay Dying
Asking Alexandria
Attack Attack!
August Burns Red
The Autumn Offering
Avenged Sevenfold
Beneath the Sky
The Black Dahlia Murder
Blessthefall
Born of Osiris
Carnifex
Corpus Christi
A Day to Remember
The Devil Wears Prada
Escape the Fate
The Faceless
Gojira
Gwen Stacy
I the Breather
Job for a Cowboy
Killswitch Engage
King Conquer
MyChildren MyBride
Nightwish
Of Mice & Men
Protest the Hero
Raintime
Silverstein
Slipknot
Suicide Silence
Texas in July
This or the Apocalypse
Three Days Grace
Through the Flood
Upon a Burning Body
Veil of Maya
We Came as Romans
Whitechapel
Winds of Plague
Within the Ruins
The Word Alive
Wretched

if you like any of these bands, you should talk to me about them lol

charlie116
01-21-2011, 10:29 AM
I have heard some of them. Suicide Solution, All that remains, just to name two. Do you know of 'Parkview Drive' Check out "Romance is dead" on YouTube. Warning explicit content.

uhhh it's Suicide Silence lol, & yea, All That Remains is one of my favorite bands :). I haven't heard of Parkview Drive, but I'll check them out ;)

charlie116
01-21-2011, 11:47 AM
I think the band is called Parkway Drive lol. They're good :)

kittycats_delight
01-21-2011, 12:13 PM
More along the lines of New Metal you listen to. If you said Slipknot and Heavy Metal in the same sentence around my husband he would spontaneously combust.

Hubby is a metal musician. He plays guitar & does lead vocals for a black metal band called Mater Tenebra. Kinda similar to Handful of Hate, Immortal, Marduk etc. For hubby Metal is SLAYER and I tend to agree. You cannot be a metalhead without being a Slayer 'maniac' LOL

charlie116
01-21-2011, 12:52 PM
More along the lines of New Metal you listen to. If you said Slipknot and Heavy Metal in the same sentence around my husband he would spontaneously combust.

Hubby is a metal musician. He plays guitar & does lead vocals for a black metal band called Mater Tenebra. Kinda similar to Handful of Hate, Immortal, Marduk etc. For hubby Metal is SLAYER and I tend to agree. You cannot be a metalhead without being a Slayer 'maniac' LOL

your husband's in a band?? that's so cool! i play guitar but i suck cuz i don't have time to practice. on the subject of metal, i said many of the bands in my list aren't metal. i'm terrible with genres lol, so i don't know what you would call them

kittycats_delight
01-21-2011, 01:08 PM
Yeah hubby has been in a band for about 15 years now. They have released 3 CDs and are working on their 4th right now.

Seek The Black In My Magic - Mater Tenebra (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-jUvPlXQVQ)

It's an old tune but that is my husband screaming and playing guitar. His brother is the bassist & his best friend is the drummer.

charlie116
01-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Yeah hubby has been in a band for about 15 years now. They have released 3 CDs and are working on their 4th right now.

Seek The Black In My Magic - Mater Tenebra (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-jUvPlXQVQ)

It's an old tune but that is my husband screaming and playing guitar. His brother is the bassist & his best friend is the drummer.

that's so cool :D. my boyfriend wants to be in a band lol. he plays guitar really well. he says he can't sing, but i think he's pretty good. he's actually pretty decent at screaming & growling too lol

kittycats_delight
01-21-2011, 01:20 PM
It's really funny cause everyone who knows my husband before hearing the band cannot believe it is him singing. He is normally a real pussycat and to hear him sing like that really floors everyone. LOL

CountryWolf07
01-21-2011, 02:56 PM
I'm not a metal fan, but my boyfriend is. I'm more on the country/rock side. :)

Alysser
01-21-2011, 04:00 PM
I love A Day to Remember, but I am way more into country/rock too. :p

pomtzu
01-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Thanks for making me feel REALLY ancient. I never heard of any of these bands!

When I think heavy metal - what comes to mind is Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osborne, Metallica, etc., tho I never liked HM anyway. I got bombarded with it from my son when he was growing up (and still do), and now the grandkids too.

I'll take soft rock, folk, etc. I like to be able to actually hear the lyrics that are being sung, and not a bunch of noisy, blaring instruments............:eek:

Now bring on Josh Groban or Susan Boyle any day!!!! :love:

charlie116
01-21-2011, 05:50 PM
It's really funny cause everyone who knows my husband before hearing the band cannot believe it is him singing. He is normally a real pussycat and to hear him sing like that really floors everyone. LOL

hahaha. i was watching MADE on MTV the other day, & there was this really nerdy girl who wanted to be a rockstar, & she screamed when she sang O.o she was so good lol

charlie116
01-21-2011, 05:50 PM
You're right Suicide Solution is an Ozzie song, and it is Parkway Drive. I'm 51 years old. I guess I banged my head too many times!:p

i love ozzy osbourne!!! :D & parkway drive is really good. thanks for introducing them to me :)

charlie116
01-21-2011, 05:53 PM
I love A Day to Remember, but I am way more into country/rock too. :p

A Day to Remember is my favorite band!!! :D. i love how they can go from heavy screaming stuff to soft acoustic music. jeremy mckinnon's voice is amazinggg :love:

charlie116
01-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Thanks for making me feel REALLY ancient. I never heard of any of these bands!

When I think heavy metal - what comes to mind is Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osborne, Metallica, etc., tho I never liked HM anyway. I got bombarded with it from my son when he was growing up (and still do), and now the grandkids too.

I'll take soft rock, folk, etc. I like to be able to actually hear the lyrics that are being sung, and not a bunch of noisy, blaring instruments............:eek:

Now bring on Josh Groban or Susan Boyle any day!!!! :love:

i like black sabbath, ozzy, & metallica lol. i used to be obsessed with metallica, actually. they're the only band i've seen in concert, & i have a poster of them on my wall :p

Hellow
01-22-2011, 09:38 PM
You listen to the deathcore junk. I don't much like that.

I listen to more power metal/nu metal. Bands that actually require vocal talent instead of just screaming into a microphone. Bands like these:

Hammerfall
Disturbed
Manowar
Edguy
Helloween
Five Finger Death Punch
Queensryche
Sonata Artica
Alestorm (pirate metal, lol)

And then there's the older bands I listen to:

Metallica
Ozzy Osbourne
Iron Maiden
Anthrax

kitten645
01-22-2011, 11:18 PM
i like black sabbath, ozzy, & metallica lol. i used to be obsessed with metallica, actually. they're the only band i've seen in concert, & i have a poster of them on my wall :p

I'm in SF and know the Metallica guys. They live near me and though I'm not a metal head...far from..they are great guys. Lars shops at my store every so often and we chat about stuff. Smart guys though again..couldn't name a song off the top of my head. LOL. I'm a pop sort of girl and WAY beyond 18! LOL!:love:

Nomilynn
01-23-2011, 12:27 AM
I'm in SF and know the Metallica guys. They live near me and though I'm not a metal head...far from..they are great guys. Lars shops at my store every so often and we chat about stuff. Smart guys though again..couldn't name a song off the top of my head. LOL. I'm a pop sort of girl and WAY beyond 18! LOL!:love:

OMG I can't believe you know them - that is so cool!! Metallica is my favourite band. I hope they tour in Vancouver again soon! They've been overseas for a long time on the same tour I saw them at a few years ago.

Hellow
01-23-2011, 12:29 AM

Metallica is probably either the second or third most famous metal band in the world.

blue
01-23-2011, 12:49 AM
Im a fan of The Big 4 from the 80s, and they are all still performing. Anthrax is still my favorite band. I liked early Metallica when Cliff Burton and Dave Mustane influenced the band, their last album has great promise.

Some others of note...

Exodus
Nuclear Assault
Deicide
GWAR/X-Cops
Biohazard
Napalm Death
Overkill
Sacred Reich
Obituary
Fear Factory
Pantera
Metal Church
ETA: Stormtroopers of Death (SOD)
Method of Destruction (MOD)
DRI

Im missing a bunch, my music hard drive may have died so I cant check.

Does Clutch count as metal?

Oh yeah Iron Maiden, Up the Irons!!!

charlie116
01-23-2011, 09:48 AM
You listen to the deathcore junk. I don't much like that.

I listen to more power metal/nu metal. Bands that actually require vocal talent instead of just screaming into a microphone. Bands like these:

Hammerfall
Disturbed
Manowar
Edguy
Helloween
Five Finger Death Punch
Queensryche
Sonata Artica
Alestorm (pirate metal, lol)

And then there's the older bands I listen to:

Metallica
Ozzy Osbourne
Iron Maiden
Anthrax

deathcore isn't junk! screaming actually requires a lot more talent than you think. it requires a lot of concentration to know when to inhale & exhale to make certain noises & whatnot. think about it. those guys scream all the time & never lose their voice. can you do that?
a lot of the bands i listen to don't scream all the time either. they sing regularly during the choruses of their songs, or they do a whole song with no screaming.
deathcore isn't the only thing i listen to anyway. i like disturbed & five finger death punch :). i also love metallica & ozzy.
i have a wide range of musical interests. i can go from katy perry & lady gaga, to metallica & ozzy, to winds of plague & suicide silence lol.

charlie116
01-23-2011, 09:49 AM
i'm in sf and know the metallica guys. They live near me and though i'm not a metal head...far from..they are great guys. Lars shops at my store every so often and we chat about stuff. Smart guys though again..couldn't name a song off the top of my head. Lol. I'm a pop sort of girl and way beyond 18! Lol!:love:

omg...you know them??? You're so lucky!!!!!!

Hellow
01-23-2011, 10:57 AM
deathcore isn't junk! screaming actually requires a lot more talent than you think. it requires a lot of concentration to know when to inhale & exhale to make certain noises & whatnot. think about it. those guys scream all the time & never lose their voice. can you do that?
a lot of the bands i listen to don't scream all the time either. they sing regularly during the choruses of their songs, or they do a whole song with no screaming.
deathcore isn't the only thing i listen to anyway. i like disturbed & five finger death punch :). i also love metallica & ozzy.
i have a wide range of musical interests. i can go from katy perry & lady gaga, to metallica & ozzy, to winds of plague & suicide silence lol.

Although I meant "junk" in a more sarcastic manner, I still don't like it :P. I've been able to do the scream voice in the past, but not without losing my voice, no. It's not quite natural behavior of your vocal cords to do what they do.

I listen to most any kind of music aside from rap, but metal is my favorite of them all.

Roxyluvsme13
01-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Just have to say... Three Days Grace = AMAZING.

As well as Breaking Benjamin... and Theory of a Deadman :p ANDDD... Nickelback (though I find a lot of people hate them for some reason.)

They're not metal though, but still awesome.

I like metal when I'm in an angry mood :D

charlie116
01-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Just have to say... Three Days Grace = AMAZING.

As well as Breaking Benjamin... and Theory of a Deadman :p ANDDD... Nickelback (though I find a lot of people hate them for some reason.)

They're not metal though, but still awesome.

I like metal when I'm in an angry mood :D

three days grace is amazing!!! i love adam's voice. breaking benjamin is pretty good. theory of a deadman is awesome, and nickelback is ok (i only like their popular songs). like i said, metal isn't the only thing i listen to. i listen to almost everything

charlie116
01-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Although I meant "junk" in a more sarcastic manner, I still don't like it :P. I've been able to do the scream voice in the past, but not without losing my voice, no. It's not quite natural behavior of your vocal cords to do what they do.

I listen to most any kind of music aside from rap, but metal is my favorite of them all.

i gotchu ;)

Roxyluvsme13
01-23-2011, 03:22 PM
three days grace is amazing!!! i love adam's voice. breaking benjamin is pretty good. theory of a deadman is awesome, and nickelback is ok (i only like their popular songs). like i said, metal isn't the only thing i listen to. i listen to almost everything

I listen to almost everything too. I have everything from classical to metal to rap on my iPod :p

charlie116
01-23-2011, 04:39 PM
I listen to almost everything too. I have everything from classical to metal to rap on my iPod :p

hahaha. i have mostly rock, but my friends listen to a lot of pop & rap, & preppy music (all time low, all-american rejects, forever the sickest kids, etc.), so their interests have influenced mine. my boyfriend recently got into techno :eek:. it's so funny to watch him dance to it lol

blue
01-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Dead Horse
Motorhead
Pat Boone

pomtzu
01-24-2011, 06:31 AM
Dead Horse
Motorhead
Pat Boone

So did you throw in Pat Boone just to see if anyone was actually reading any of this??????? :confused::p:D

charlie116
01-24-2011, 02:11 PM
So did you throw in Pat Boone just to see if anyone was actually reading any of this??????? :confused::p:D

who's pat boone? lol

blue
01-24-2011, 10:59 PM

I have this album.

http://www.tomgartman.net/PatBoone/patboone-inametalmood.jpg

"You've Got Another Thing Comin'" (Original: Judas Priest) – 4:19
"Smoke on the Water" (Original: Deep Purple) – 3:53
"It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll)" (Original: AC/DC) – 4:37
"Panama" (Original: Van Halen) – 5:15
"No More Mr. Nice Guy" (Original: Alice Cooper) – 3:06
"Love Hurts" (Original: Everly Brothers, popularized as a hard rock ballad by Nazareth; composed by Boudleaux Bryant) – 4:57
"Enter Sandman" (Original: Metallica) – 3:52
"Holy Diver" (Original: Dio) – 4:44
"Paradise City" (Original: Guns N' Roses) – 4:41
"The Wind Cries Mary" (Original: Jimi Hendrix) – 4:12
"Crazy Train" (Original: Ozzy Osbourne) – 4:32
"Stairway to Heaven" (Original: Led Zeppelin) – 4:59

cool4catz2
01-27-2011, 12:36 PM
OMG! I cant stand any more:D....but first I had to add this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08ISUBQRY5o

anna_66
01-28-2011, 08:59 AM
I do like a few of the bands you mentioned (All That Remains, Avenged Sevenfold, A Day to Remember, Killswitch Engage, Slipknot & Three Days Grace), but I'm definately not a metal head:D

Some of my favorites are...Disturbed, Godsmack, Mushroomhead, Volbeat, Mudvayne, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, Black Label Society, Five Finger Deathpunch.

charlie116
01-28-2011, 04:24 PM
I do like a few of the bands you mentioned (All That Remains, Avenged Sevenfold, A Day to Remember, Killswitch Engage, Slipknot & Three Days Grace), but I'm definately not a metal head:D

Some of my favorites are...Disturbed, Godsmack, Mushroomhead, Volbeat, Mudvayne, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, Black Label Society, Five Finger Deathpunch.

I like disturbed, mudvayne, rob zombie, marilyn manson, & five finger death punch :)