PDA

View Full Version : any teens on PT??

charlie116
01-20-2011, 04:00 PM
are there any teens on pet talk?? i'm a junior in high school, & i'm lookin for some fellow animal lovers around my age to talk to :)

Roxyluvsme13
01-20-2011, 11:09 PM
There's a bunch of teens, though most of us are probably older teens :p.

I'm 18 :)

Suki Wingy
01-21-2011, 01:02 AM
I think most of us have "grown up" on PT sort of. I remember when I joined I was 14 and there were lots of people around my age. Now they've either moved on and don't post any more or there are a few of us still here but in our 20s and late teens.

I'm sure there are new teen members though, I just don't post enough to know them!

sana
01-21-2011, 03:01 AM
I'm a teen! Gonna turn 14 soon :) You could talk to me whenever you want! :D

Roxyluvsme13
01-21-2011, 06:47 AM
I think most of us have "grown up" on PT sort of. I remember when I joined I was 14 and there were lots of people around my age. Now they've either moved on and don't post any more or there are a few of us still here but in our 20s and late teens.

I'm sure there are new teen members though, I just don't post enough to know them!
Aww, the good old days :D.

I feel old now... :p

charlie116
01-21-2011, 10:30 AM
hahaha. well...im not that young. i just turned 17 :D

Cataholic
01-21-2011, 12:16 PM
I quickly read your OP, and saw, "I am in junior high school". I then read your last post, in which you just turned 17. I was like, "what? you are 17 in the 7th or 8th grade?" LOL. Amazing what those tiny little words, "a" and "in" can do to a sentence!!

kittycats_delight
01-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Actually it was written I am a junior in high school not I am in junior high school. So 17 would actually be about the right age for some who in in the junior year of high school.

charlie116
01-21-2011, 12:54 PM
I quickly read your OP, and saw, "I am in junior high school". I then read your last post, in which you just turned 17. I was like, "what? you are 17 in the 7th or 8th grade?" LOL. Amazing what those tiny little words, "a" and "in" can do to a sentence!!

hahahahahaha

Cataholic
01-21-2011, 01:08 PM
Actually it was written I am a junior in high school not I am in junior high school. So 17 would actually be about the right age for some who in in the junior year of high school.

LOL, I know. I was saying that I read it too quickly.

charlie116
01-21-2011, 01:13 PM
i started this thread cuz a lot of my friends aren't as into animals as i am. my boyfriend loves animals, though. he wants to be a vet, just like me! :D

Taz_Zoee
01-21-2011, 01:23 PM
LOL, I know. I was saying that I read it too quickly.

I did the same thing. :o

Cataholic
01-21-2011, 02:40 PM
@TZ- probably our age/eyes, right? LOL.

Roxyluvsme13
01-21-2011, 03:07 PM
i started this thread cuz a lot of my friends aren't as into animals as i am. my boyfriend loves animals, though. he wants to be a vet, just like me! :D
I'm an Animal Science major with a Pre-Vet concentration ;)

Suki Wingy
01-21-2011, 03:14 PM
Aww, the good old days :D.

I feel old now... :p

I know. I am remembering all the old members and their pets but I can't really remember their names, just what pets they had!

Taz_Zoee
01-21-2011, 03:22 PM
@TZ- probably our age/eyes, right? LOL.

Yup! My eyes and my memory are fading fast. :( ;)
Oh to be young again. :)

Alysser
01-21-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm 18, a senior in high school. I'm going to be an Environmental Studies major with a concentration in Ecology, Forestry, and Wildlife Management / or a Marine Bio major - haven't decided yet. I got into all the colleges I want now just need to decide what I'm doing.

I can't believe I've been here since I was 13. 0_o

charlie116
01-21-2011, 05:48 PM
I'm 18, a senior in high school. I'm going to be an Environmental Studies major with a concentration in Ecology, Forestry, and Wildlife Management / or a Marine Bio major - haven't decided yet. I got into all the colleges I want now just need to decide what I'm doing.

I can't believe I've been here since I was 13. 0_o

that's cool :) lol

dab_20
01-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Many of us have grown up here like others have said. I'm turning 19 in March and have also been here since I was 13! Crazy how time flies. I'm now in college majoring in Nursing :)

k9krazee
01-21-2011, 10:00 PM
I read 'in junior high school' too! :o

It's amazing how fast time flies! I think I was a junior in high school when I joined, and here I am at 22 in my 5th year of college!

kokopup
01-21-2011, 11:44 PM
Yes, kids time does fly. I remember starting High School Just like yesterday, even though it has been 56 years. When I came along there was no Jr High, you just went from Elementry 8th grade right into High school.

Good luck to all of you no matter what you decide to do. By the way, You don't need to know what your going to do this early in life. Make your choices with slow deliberation. If in doubt take some time to see some of the world before you decide.:)

Roxyluvsme13
01-22-2011, 01:06 AM
I know. I am remembering all the old members and their pets but I can't really remember their names, just what pets they had!
I don't think I even remember their pets anymore :o

I remember being on here and being 13 and having horrible grammar and now I'm a freshman in college. Sooo weird!

Miss Z
01-22-2011, 03:24 AM
Oh no, now I feel old! :D We that used to be the young'uns are being replaced... :p

I just turned 19, and, like Bri, am at university studying to be a veterinary surgeon. I joined PT at age 14, always adamant that I was going to become a vet, and now, here I am. :) Time really has flown!

Suki Wingy
01-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Remember Flamepony and all of her pets? She had a pony and a few dogs, I think one was blind. And the girl with the border collie, Buster or Buddy I think he was called? And the girl with Lexi the jack russel? And Alma is still here but she doesn't post as much anymore. Oh and Monica, I remember her more for her love of PotC, which I share. She doesn't post much anymore. :D

Kalei
01-22-2011, 05:53 PM
When I joined I think I was 18 or 19 and hadn't even gone to college yet, now I've been to college, got my job and am married!:eek: I can't believe how fast the time flies either!

kitten645
01-22-2011, 08:40 PM
TZ/Cindy! You are a meer pup! or kitten! LOL!:D

dab_20
01-22-2011, 08:51 PM
Remember Flamepony and all of her pets? She had a pony and a few dogs, I think one was blind. And the girl with the border collie, Buster or Buddy I think he was called? And the girl with Lexi the jack russel? And Alma is still here but she doesn't post as much anymore. Oh and Monica, I remember her more for her love of PotC, which I share. She doesn't post much anymore. :D

I remember!! And Bcollie Kelley with her border collies? I always loved her photos! And the girl with the Brown and white Springer? I was good friends with her and can't remember her name! Jesse I believe?

Roxyluvsme13
01-22-2011, 09:24 PM
Oh, now I'm totally recalling everybody, haha.

Btw, Monica is great :D she and I are really close friends and talk whenever we can! She's in college now too :)

Hellow
01-22-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm a 15-year-old Sophomore in high school. I joined back in 2007.

I'm also probably one of the biggest tech geeks you'll meet in your life. I'm at the level with network security experts and datacenter administrators.

charlie116
01-23-2011, 02:51 PM
I'm a 15-year-old Sophomore in high school. I joined back in 2007.

I'm also probably one of the biggest tech geeks you'll meet in your life. I'm at the level with network security experts and datacenter administrators.

that's cool :cool: lol

*LabLoverKEB*
01-29-2011, 09:06 PM
Oh no, now I feel old! :D We that used to be the young'uns are being replaced... :p

I just turned 19, and, like Bri, am at university studying to be a veterinary surgeon. I joined PT at age 14, always adamant that I was going to become a vet, and now, here I am. :) Time really has flown!

Yup! That's us! Lol I joined when I was I think 13... and am in school to become an RVT (Registered Veterinary Technician)! Zara, I LOVE surgery! I'm super stoked for you!!!

Roxyluvsme13
01-29-2011, 09:12 PM
Yup! That's us! Lol I joined when I was I think 13... and am in school to become an RVT (Registered Veterinary Technician)! Zara, I LOVE surgery! I'm super stoked for you!!!
I'm undecided between being a small animal Vet and opening my own clinic that helps out families with financial need or being a veterinary neurosurgeon :p. I might do both, or do the first then go back and learn neuro stuff later.

I get to shadow in surgery at the UT Vet school soon and I'm super excited :D

*LabLoverKEB*
01-30-2011, 05:19 PM
I'm undecided between being a small animal Vet and opening my own clinic that helps out families with financial need or being a veterinary neurosurgeon :p. I might do both, or do the first then go back and learn neuro stuff later.

Nice! I like the idea of opening up your own clinic to help out those in financial need... but remember, you and your staff need to make money, too! Lol just a thought :) But, it really is a great idea, one that many people don't think of. I want to become specialized in an area of veterinary medicine (such as surgery, anesthesia, radiology, etc..). So I am going to get my license first, and then focus on what area I want to specialize in. Good luck to you!!

Scooter's Mom
01-30-2011, 10:12 PM

One of the "boys" my brother and I grew up with became a vet. He bought one of the local vet clinics in our home town that was up for sale in 1996 right after he was finished with all of his schooling. He owns 5 clinics now and spends a day a week at each and has staff for the other days. He loves his career choice. (And if I still lived there he'd still be my vet!)

Motheroflucky
01-31-2011, 12:46 AM
I am realy 16 and I use a false birthdate to get onto sites. Besides, even if I was not your age, why would you not talk to me? It is not the age that makes a person, it is their experiance. I have quite a bit of experiance. :D

pomtzu
01-31-2011, 07:14 AM
I find it very admirable that so many young people here are/or wish to, pursue a career in the veterinary field. May you all find the strength, determination and ambition to follow this grueling road to the end, and enjoy the rewards of a very prosperous career. You should all be very proud of yourselves! :) Good luck to each and every one of you.

Ellie & The Fuzzbuttz

Cataholic
01-31-2011, 10:17 AM

A great thing you can do- have your own practice, OR work for someone else, and donate your time to a low cost spay/nueter clinic in your area. You can also make your practice a practice that has discounted prices for rescue. So, one of your regular clients has two dogs...and fosters cats from time to time. All the care rendered to the fosters is low cost. Huge savings for the client, of course, AND fits your philosophy of helping out. The best of both worlds. :)

Roxyluvsme13
01-31-2011, 10:42 AM
Nice! I like the idea of opening up your own clinic to help out those in financial need... but remember, you and your staff need to make money, too! Lol just a thought :) But, it really is a great idea, one that many people don't think of. I want to become specialized in an area of veterinary medicine (such as surgery, anesthesia, radiology, etc..). So I am going to get my license first, and then focus on what area I want to specialize in. Good luck to you!!
Yeah, haha. Everyone that I tell my idea to is like "you know you're not going to make much money that way." And I usually explain that not everyone will get low cost vet care, lol. I mean, I'll help out those that need it or offer payment plans if need be. I've always been infuriated with the fact that none of the vets in my hometown offer payment plans, so that kind of brought up my idea. Woo, specialization. You'll have to let me know what you decide :D. I think surgery sounds cool :p

One of the "boys" my brother and I grew up with became a vet. He bought one of the local vet clinics in our home town that was up for sale in 1996 right after he was finished with all of his schooling. He owns 5 clinics now and spends a day a week at each and has staff for the other days. He loves his career choice. (And if I still lived there he'd still be my vet!)
Ahh, that's so cool! Maybe someday I'll have like five clinics or something :D.

A great thing you can do- have your own practice, OR work for someone else, and donate your time to a low cost spay/nueter clinic in your area. You can also make your practice a practice that has discounted prices for rescue. So, one of your regular clients has two dogs...and fosters cats from time to time. All the care rendered to the fosters is low cost. Huge savings for the client, of course, AND fits your philosophy of helping out. The best of both worlds. :)
That's a good idea too, I hadn't really thought of that. I'll probably add that into my plan :D

pomtzu
01-31-2011, 03:05 PM
I am realy 16 and I use a false birthdate to get onto sites. Besides, even if I was not your age, why would you not talk to me? It is not the age that makes a person, it is their experiance. I have quite a bit of experiance. :D

I don't really understand the point of this post, but.............

Don't portray yourself as someone that you are not, for when you do really tell the truth, then people will wonder if it's the truth or just another falsehood. Honesty is always the best policy, so start off on the right foot, and you will never have to remember what lie you told to who. :(

caseysmom
01-31-2011, 03:16 PM
Growing up my daughter always wanted to be a vet and then she spent a year volunteering her saturdays to help out at a vets office. She changed her mind after that. It can be a thankless job, here in California the laws are not friendly toward business owners and the vet she volunteered with had gone through a lot of problems.

Hellow
01-31-2011, 08:52 PM

Your experience is showing in the fact that you can't spell experience correctly.

Some sites will ban you if they find out that you are falsifying your birthday, especially if you're under 13, because that falls under the Child Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), which specifically addresses that any person under the age of 13 cannot provide potentially personally identifying information online.

I'm 15. Most people that I talk to online know I'm 15. Certainly all of my programming buddies and Ubuntu buddies know my age. I'm 15 and I administer UNIX servers and build/administer computer networks.

It's not the age that makes the person, nor the experience, but the maturity and the professionalism in which they act. If you don't act mature and professional online, especially in a web forum such as this, then no one will respect you. I figured that out first-hand. Being mature and professional also implies using your actual details in your online profiles. Because you can't take a person seriously when they blatantly lie about who they are.

Vette
02-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Im not a teenager but i am one at heart. does that count? :p ;)

i agree that a persons age shouldnt matter in determining friendship. however i believe its actually a persons personality that makes a person. as someone can be experienced in this an that to the very hilt,, but if that person treats you like crap an gets on your nerves an frays your patience when ever youre around that person youre not gunna wanna be all buddy-chums with them regardless of how experienced they are. youre gunna wanna avoid them as much as possible V.S being around someone whos actually pleasant an fun to be around cuz of of their personalty even though that person has less experience or maybe even no experience in some matters just yet.

*LabLoverKEB*
02-05-2011, 03:19 PM
I find it very admirable that so many young people here are/or wish to, pursue a career in the veterinary field. May you all find the strength, determination and ambition to follow this grueling road to the end, and enjoy the rewards of a very prosperous career. You should all be very proud of yourselves! :) Good luck to each and every one of you.

Ellie & The Fuzzbuttz

Wow, thank you so much Ellie!! That really means a lot. And I'm sure that Bri and Zara appreciate that as well!
:love:

Bri, I totally get what you are saying! I have seen quite a few clients that struggle to pay for their pet's medical bills upfront and all at once, so I think it is a great idea, and I KNOW that SO many people will appreciate it!:)

Roxyluvsme13
02-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Wow, thank you so much Ellie!! That really means a lot. And I'm sure that Bri and Zara appreciate that as well!
:love:

Bri, I totally get what you are saying! I have seen quite a few clients that struggle to pay for their pet's medical bills upfront and all at once, so I think it is a great idea, and I KNOW that SO many people will appreciate it!:)
Yep, I certainly do appreciate it too!

I'm really excited about it, I just hope the idea is as achievable as I imagine it is. I'm pretty sure it's going to take a lot of work though, but I have at least 7.5 more years to think about it so :p

JuniorxMyxLove
02-05-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm a junior in high school, too! :) I'm not on here as much as I used to be [or as much as I'd like] but I AM on here. I usually lurk vs. post threads now, though.

I'm always up for talking :D