PDA

View Full Version : 2 puppies saved after landfill abandonment

Catty1
01-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Thank God for at least 2 good people.

Workers at a Calgary-area landfill are being credited with saving two abandoned puppies.

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/topstories/2011/01/20/tp-cgy-puppy.jpg

The Calgary Humane Society said some staff members at the site reported seeing two women drop off three dogs at the landfill before driving away in a black pickup truck on Tuesday.

One puppy died before the workers could get it to the Humane Society.

The Humane Society has heard the puppies were reportedly stolen a few days earlier from a member of the Tsuu T'ina First Nation.

The two dogs are now in the care of the Humane Society and are said to be resting comfortably.

"We are asking anyone who may have information to come forward," Patricia Cameron, executive director of the Humane Society, said in a news release.

"These innocent little lives do not deserve this kind of treatment. The puppies were lethargic, dehydrated and hypothermic when they arrived in our care and we are doing everything we can to keep them comfortable after this traumatizing ordeal."

The Tsuu T'ina First Nation is located on the southwestern edge of Calgary.

Anyone with information on the abandonment of the puppies is asked to call the Humane Society at 403-205-4455.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/2011/01/20/calgary-landfill-puppies-abandoned.html#ixzz1BbfeOSng

lvpets2002
01-20-2011, 02:59 PM
:( Awee how so Sad that the Pups had to go thru this.. Yes Thank Goodness the Pups are getting help & will get new loving homes..

:mad: Now as for the Bichhhhsss that did this to the pups == May you be found & then buried in the land fill..:mad:

NicoleLJ
01-20-2011, 03:04 PM
I am so glad to hear that the pups are safe. With all the options out there to help if people are unable to care for their pets it just sickens me that anyone would choose to do this.:mad:

sana
01-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Awww..omg..those poor little puppies...:(Why do some people have to be so cruel these days!!! I mean what IS THE MATTER!!!!:mad::mad::mad: and lvpets, the punishment you said is correct, yes bury those old hags in the landfill:mad:

Freedom
01-20-2011, 03:30 PM
RIP little puppy who didn't make it. Seems you never had a chance . . . .

Blessings for the 2 rescued, many they live long happy lives.

Good job, to those folks who rescued the wee ones.

And to those women . . . I pray what goes around comes around!