PDA

View Full Version : Why, why, why

Marigold2
01-19-2011, 06:52 PM
So I have a problem.
Lets just say I want chocolate ice cream, but it is not available for now.
Strawberry is available, very available but I don't like strawberry.
What do I do?
Go without, take the strawberry because some ice cream is better then none?
Or chuck them both and go for blue berry pie which is very very far away and hard to get?
I am so confused.......................................... ..
And yes it is a metaphor...............

cassiesmom
01-19-2011, 07:00 PM
How much do you need the chocolate, Marigold? Can you wait till it's available again?

If you don't like strawberry, don't take it, even though it's widely available. You might regret taking something you dislike in order to end up with something rather than nothing.

how much would you be giving up to obtain the far off, hard to get blueberry pie? Is what you'd be giving up for blueberry better in any way than the wait for chocolate?

Husky_mom
01-19-2011, 07:35 PM
what she said..

strawberry.. def out.. no need to settle for something you donīt like..

just ponder the weight of the hard to get pie against the wait for the chocolate.. which one will bring the most satisfaction when obtained..

sana
01-20-2011, 05:44 AM
Continuing what the earlier ladies said, sure just don't buy strawberry because it won't make you happy and it'll probably just make you feel worse as you wouldn't be feeling very happy as no chocolate. Wait for the chocolate ice cream to come, that's all :)

Bonny
01-20-2011, 08:25 AM
Do you have a chocolate candy bar handy? Chew on that if you are having chocolate ice cream withdrawals. :D

Twisterdog
01-20-2011, 09:29 AM
Strawberry is always available. Every one of us could have a bowl of strawberry, any old day. I've never understood the people who swear that ice cream is hard to find ... it's the most common thing on earth. Which, of course, makes strawberry all the less desirable, just because everyone can find some, and it's so boring. I bet that bowl of strawberry ice cream seems almost needy to you, begging, "Please, Marigold, eat me now!" Yawn. Needy ice cream is the worst. And, since strawberry is always availble, doesn't really matter which bowl it is. You can always find some, if you ever should desire a quick bite ... really no use to even consider it.

Far away and hard to get ... well, that's not necesarily good for your emotional health, to devote all your time and energy to obtaining pie that is that difficult. Maybe keep the door open for pie, but not devote excessive serious emotional energy to getting it.

Chocolate always seems tastiest when it's not available, doesn't it? Damn our warped little minds, huh? Sometimes though, if we finally do get that coveted chocolate ice cream, it's not really as great as we built it up to be in our minds. Sometimes, it's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase. And sometimes, we learn why the person so jealousy guarding that bowl of chocolate for so long finally let it go. Hmmmm.....

lvpets2002
01-20-2011, 09:30 AM
:) I have the perfect solution.. Buy the strawberry ice cream & put some chocolate syrup on top.. :p

caseysmom
01-20-2011, 10:04 AM
Why did you get the strawberry in the first place? The secret of life is appreciating what we have.

Marigold2
01-20-2011, 07:53 PM
LOL Yes I have thought of that as well. But it's gonna be messy.

:) I have the perfect solution.. Buy the strawberry ice cream & put some chocolate syrup on top.. :p

lvpets2002
01-21-2011, 10:56 AM
:) Hey to me the messier the better.. Live like a child for one day & get messy with the chocolate & icecream..:D

LOL Yes I have thought of that as well. But it's gonna be messy.

Bonny
01-21-2011, 12:16 PM
:) Hey to me the messier the better.. Live like a child for one day & get messy with the chocolate & icecream..:D

How about lets really get messy and add to the chocolate syrup, some peanut butter, & banana's to the strawberry ice cream. Just stir it all in there good & top it with some walnuts. YUM! All that stuff mixed in there should pretty much kill the strawberry taste. :D

jennielynn1970
01-21-2011, 05:06 PM
But will the far off blueberry pie still be a stand in for the sought after chocolate?

I'd say wait for the chocolate, discard the strawberry, and let the people who live closer to the blueberry have that as well.

Marigold2
01-23-2011, 01:09 PM
It looks like chocolate will remain unavailable, strawberry I don't want so now I am looking into the pie.

cassiesmom
01-25-2011, 10:59 PM
It looks like chocolate will remain unavailable, strawberry I don't want so now I am looking into the pie.

I hope it is very good! is there any chance of getting both pie and chocolate?

Edited to add... I had supper with my mom and dad on Sunday - this is January in Chicago on a freezing cold winter day. My dad mentioned that he had a taste for lemon meringue pie! Of all things, at this time of year.

Miss Z
01-26-2011, 04:47 PM

This made me smile. :p

My opinion - a good decision letting strawberry go. Trying to muddle along with something you don't want would have been an unpleasant experience not only for you, but also for strawberry, and that would have been unfair on both parties.

Blueberry pie... if it is indeed far away as you say, can you be sure it will taste as good as you hope? You must ask yourself if your expectations of blueberry pie are based on ideals or on what you know to be fact.

There'll always be chocolate waiting for you somewhere, even if now it seems unavailable. Only ever settle for what is best for you! :)

pomtzu
01-26-2011, 05:16 PM
I'll just step in and take the strawberry off your hands - then you won't be tempted to settle for something that you don't want, but I do.

mon
01-26-2011, 05:41 PM
eat french fries:):):)

Marigold2
01-26-2011, 07:00 PM
I love your advise Zara.
This made me smile. :p

My opinion - a good decision letting strawberry go. Trying to muddle along with something you don't want would have been an unpleasant experience not only for you, but also for strawberry, and that would have been unfair on both parties.

Blueberry pie... if it is indeed far away as you say, can you be sure it will taste as good as you hope? You must ask yourself if your expectations of blueberry pie are based on ideals or on what you know to be fact.

There'll always be chocolate waiting for you somewhere, even if now it seems unavailable. Only ever settle for what is best for you! :)

cassiesmom
02-04-2011, 09:47 PM
I'll just step in and take the strawberry off your hands - then you won't be tempted to settle for something that you don't want, but I do.

cassiesmom gets in line behind pomtzu for strawberry while also contemplating the option of French fries

So, Marigold2, did you get something you were hoping for, either blueberries or chocolate?

Marigold2
02-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Blueberry is coming along. Chocolate is as well. The strawberry I am ignoring best as I can.

wombat2u2004
02-05-2011, 09:24 PM
I just had a macadamia nut ice cream cone ;)

sana
02-05-2011, 09:31 PM
I just had a macadamia nut ice cream cone ;)

I LOVE :love::love: macadamia nuts. Once ate a macadamia nut cookie, it was awesome! Waiting to try its ice cream :p

wombat2u2004
02-05-2011, 09:51 PM
I LOVE :love::love: macadamia nuts. Once ate a macadamia nut cookie, it was awesome! Waiting to try its ice cream :p

I go pick them sometimes.....millions of trees down the coast not far from here. We have a town market every month......ya can buy big bags of them.
Here we can get macadamia nut ice cream, cookies and cakes.....I love em. :)

pomtzu
02-06-2011, 07:31 AM
I go pick them sometimes.....millions of trees down the coast not far from here. We have a town market every month......ya can buy big bags of them. :)

You can ship some to me any time your little heart desires!!! :D

Choco chip used to be my favorite cookie, but it has slipped to 2nd place - behind white choco chip and macadamia nut cookies. I always make a ton of them around the Christmas holidays. ;) Unfortunately everyone else here loves them too, so they don't stay around very long.

catmandu
02-06-2011, 08:25 AM
They certainly is good news if you are near a Fresh Co as their ice cream for 2 litres is 1.99!
That I believe is about half a gallon.
And they have Double Dutch Chocolate.:love::love::love:

catnapper
02-06-2011, 09:33 AM
I waited a long time fofr my vanilla. It would seem as if vanilla is readily availble like the strawberry, but sometimes its too bland. Other times leaves a bad taste in your mouth. And others you can tell is just cheap immitation vanilla. But I looked and atsted a lot of vanilla cones in my day. I finally found the perfect one! If you wait, your perfect chocolate will come along. Don't settle for strawberry,

catmandu
02-06-2011, 12:24 PM
WE love the Chapmans Tiger Stripe!
After all we are all Little Tigers:eek::love::love:

Catherinedana
02-23-2011, 07:32 AM
Think about foregoing ALL those desserts that are no good for you anyway and have an apple instead. Wholesome, readily available and you won't have any guilt about the "calories"!!

jennielynn1970
02-23-2011, 12:41 PM
I think I'm stuck with the strawberry.....

Asiel
02-23-2011, 08:03 PM
I go pick them sometimes.....millions of trees down the coast not far from here. We have a town market every month......ya can buy big bags of them.

Bad Bad Wom-- now I'll have a craving for days. Macadamia nuts are something I could eat by the case. Just can't get enough of them and for some reason they aren't always available, like now...guess they were sold out for Christmas and forgot to replenish :mad:
Of course having them on your doorstep must be great, and you can make us addicted folks drool for hours :D

sana
02-24-2011, 05:12 AM

Email me some, ok;););) I'm always ready to eat those :D

wombat2u2004
02-24-2011, 05:44 AM
Bad Bad Wom-- now I'll have a craving for days. Macadamia nuts are something I could eat by the case. Just can't get enough of them and for some reason they aren't always available, like now...guess they were sold out for Christmas and forgot to replenish :mad:
Of course having them on your doorstep must be great, and you can make us addicted folks drool for hours :D

I've a couple of big bags of them around here somewhere, forget where I put them I think. They could be in the next room....but nawww....I'm too lazy to walk in there. :p

wombat2u2004
02-24-2011, 05:56 AM
Email me some, ok;););) I'm always ready to eat those :D

Sure you can have one......there you are.

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/Macadamia_Nut_Kernels.jpg

Marigold2
02-24-2011, 02:20 PM
LOL John you would send us nuts, you crazy man..

wombat2u2004
02-24-2011, 05:08 PM
LOL John you would send us nuts, you crazy man..

Nuts nuts nuts.....I have so many nuts.
My BIL owns a company that imports nuts and then distributes them to all the supermarkets. I have so many nuts from him that I mix them in with the concrete just to get rid of them :p

pomtzu
02-25-2011, 07:19 AM
Nuts nuts nuts.....I have so many nuts.
My BIL owns a company that imports nuts and then distributes them to all the supermarkets. I have so many nuts from him that I mix them in with the concrete just to get rid of them :p

That reminds me of a neighbor of mine. When he was building a cement block foundation for an addition on his house, he filled every hole in the blocks with beer cans. Seriously. Don't know how much it reinforces the foundation, but it was a rather novel way to dispose of the empty cans. :D

lvpets2002
02-25-2011, 10:54 AM
:) Did he not know you can sell beer cans for the aluminum??

That reminds me of a neighbor of mine. When he was building a cement block foundation for an addition on his house, he filled every hole in the blocks with beer cans. Seriously. Don't know how much it reinforces the foundation, but it was a rather novel way to dispose of the empty cans. :D

pomtzu
02-25-2011, 12:03 PM
:) Did he not know you can sell beer cans for the aluminum??

That would have taken more effort than he was willing to expend. It was easier just to stuff them in the blocks as he went along, than gather and take them to the recycling center!!! :eek::eek:

wombat2u2004
02-25-2011, 05:58 PM
That would have taken more effort than he was willing to expend. It was easier just to stuff them in the blocks as he went along, than gather and take them to the recycling center!!! :eek::eek:

I wonder if the structural value outweighs the aluminium value.
Hmmmmm.....must do a paper on that at the Building Institute.
That could even earn me a doctorate.
It's gotta be more interesting than the "Sex Life of a Nematode" paper.

pomtzu
02-26-2011, 06:35 AM
I wonder if the structural value outweighs the aluminium value.
Hmmmmm.....must do a paper on that at the Building Institute.
That could even earn me a doctorate.
It's gotta be more interesting than the "Sex Life of a Nematode" paper.

Wow - we really do have a lot in common. I was once asked to do a study on "The Love Life of an East Siberian Clam" I watched those two suckers for months, and came to the conclusion that any love life between them is non-existent! It didn't earn me a Doctorate, but it put me on The Dean's List. :D

wombat2u2004
02-27-2011, 02:06 AM
Wow - we really do have a lot in common. I was once asked to do a study on "The Love Life of an East Siberian Clam" I watched those two suckers for months, and came to the conclusion that any love life between them is non-existent! It didn't earn me a Doctorate, but it put me on The Dean's List. :D

The Deans list ???? Wow !!! I could do a paper on "Discussion on the Sex Life Between Elephants and Gerbils OR Does size REALLY Matter??"
I reckon I could get on the Deans list to.

Asiel
02-27-2011, 08:28 AM
Omg Wom...you really are certifiable :D Pray tell where do you get all this stuff? Here I am falling off my chair again.
Without commenting on what matters I think you just made the Dean's List :p

wombat2u2004
03-01-2011, 07:09 AM
Omg Wom...you really are certifiable :D Pray tell where do you get all this stuff? Here I am falling off my chair again.
Without commenting on what matters I think you just made the Dean's List :p

I am ??? I'm on the Deans list ???? Oh joy joy joy.
So.....what happens now ???? :p