PDA

View Full Version : Looking at Houses.. Excited!

CountryWolf07
01-18-2011, 11:13 AM
So, thought I would let you know, Mike and I are looking at houses.. baby steps! A couple weeks ago, he let me know that he's on a listing and currently seeing what's out there. He also told me he wanted me in it, and he would not buy a house without telling me and wants me to be involved, move in. And for him to say something like that, it is HUGE.
How exciting is that? We met up with his brother and wife over the weekend, his wife was telling me how excited she was for us, and that it's a big deal. And how good it will be for us to finally live together and be on our own and do our own thing. She also mentioned how important it was to find good location, especially school system(s).. We agreed on what we want, we are looking for a decent sized backyard, big garage/barn or shed (mostly for Mike), basement, front porch, attic, wood floors... colonial style, maybe? We found a few we liked, but we still need to wait for his credit/loan to be approved, of course. And,I know, we are going backwards! ;)
I have a really good gut feeling, and my gut feeling has never steered me wrong. We'll see what happens.
Any tips?

lvpets2002
01-18-2011, 12:05 PM
:eek: WoW that is Huge & Such Very Great News.. Many Congrats.. I am very happy for You & Mike.. Just dont over budget yourselves ok.. Because the #1 thing that breaks couples up is Money Issues.. So keep everything low profile & you both will do great.. So just keep that in mind ok..

Cataholic
01-18-2011, 05:57 PM
Don't sign the mortgage but have your name on the deed. LOL. That is my free legal tip of the day.

Congrats!

carole
01-18-2011, 06:31 PM
How very exciting for you both,sure hope you find a nice place you both will enjoy, is maybe wedding bells in the distant or near future.:D

Marigold2
01-18-2011, 07:24 PM
How exciting, enjoy enjoy enjoy. Lots of great deals to be had.

Asiel
01-18-2011, 07:49 PM
So happy for you Country Wolf--hard not to be when you sound deliriously happy yourself. I hope everything works out for you.

Alysser
01-18-2011, 08:15 PM
Great news, Rachel! I hope you guys find your dream house. :) Let us know what you decide.

Pembroke_Corgi
01-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Congrats! We bought our house 3 years ago and it was SO fun to go house shopping. Is he pre-approved for a mortgage? I guess that's the only real advice I have- it always helps to know how much you have to spend!

Have fun house-hunting. :)

CountryWolf07
01-20-2011, 11:48 AM
It is exciting! We talk about what we are looking for, and basically we have all of it in common when it comes to a house and yard. We need to see if he is pre-approved, soon. :) We talked about maybe of waiting until March to see if he gets a raise, then he can upper up the price of how much he can afford, and me, on the other hand, I am out of a job, so I am looking for a full time job, so it would be nice if I had a full time job by the time we get a house. So we'll see!

Kalei
01-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Wow, that's very exciting! I'm happy for you :) Do you guys ever talk about getting married? You both seem like you are ready to make the commitment, especially since your looking at homes together :) I can't wait to find out what you pick and I hope that everything goes through for you!

I can't wait until Daniel and I can looks at houses and land! For now we have a very nice spacious apartment, and we are saving for our down-payment and also making our credit better so that someday we will be approved :)

CountryWolf07
01-21-2011, 02:59 PM
We've talked about marriage, etc. It'll happen when it does. I'm actually leaving that subject alone because I know, I don't want to rush it and just let it go with the flow. So far, it's been our style in our relationship, and it's been working for 4 years now. The house is a big deal, so we are excited about it, we talk a lot about what we'd like. We're actually going to a home improvement show around here this weekend, so we'll get some ideas and tips.
I'm thinking, marriage is the next thing for us. Whenever we can. I know we both want to be able to afford it! ;) I would prefer a small wedding, maybe a destination wedding, rather than a big one. I'm not a fan of being in front of people/big crowds. Yikes. I'd probably blank out and forget what to say. Very common for me! But yeah.. we know we're 'it' for each other. :love:

Daisy and Delilah
01-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Rachel, I am so excited for both of you. You've waited so long for a real commitment and this is it. Congratulations!!!

Awesome news!!!!:D

Catty1
01-22-2011, 09:23 PM
WONDERFUL!

I just found this article that suggests a few questions and other tips about buying a house. :)

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/4-Questions-Before-Buying-usnews-1314686055.html

Congratulations!