PDA

View Full Version : I may have to go into a hospital.

catmandu
01-18-2011, 09:41 AM
I got a wound on my big toe, left foot and tried to take care of it myself so I would not disrupt My Cat's lives.
But it got infected and as I am diabetic I may have to stay in the Hopsital for a few nights.
Please pray that I do not have to as they have a shortage of rooms. and I would have to stay in the hall.:(:(
Iam taking antibiotics , does anyone know of a good herbal remedy:love::love:

Laura's Babies
01-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Take the antibiotics and follow the doctors instructions. Do you have someone to look in on the Found Cats while you are gone?

emily_the_spoiled
01-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Gary, can you talk with your MD about getting home care to come in and help you while you are having this problem? That way you might not have to go to the hospital.

Randi
01-18-2011, 09:59 AM
Gary, I too think it would be best if you can get a nurse to come in and help. Do talk to your doctor about it!

Hope the antibiotics work and you are better soon! :)

kaycountrygal
01-18-2011, 10:20 AM
I'm sorry you have a foot infection and are diabetic. I know firsthand that that can be very serious so yes you do have to get it treated properly such as antibiotics imo. As others have suggested, ask if home care can be done. Kay in NC

phesina
01-18-2011, 11:17 AM
Oh Gary, we are praying that someone can come to your home to take care of your foot, and that the antibiotics will knock out the infection.

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

lvpets2002
01-18-2011, 12:00 PM
:( Oh no & I am so sorry about your toe.. Yes take your meds.. I sure hope you can get someone to check in on your babies.. keep us posted ok.. Sending Lots of Prayers & Huggss..

Take the antibiotics and follow the doctors instructions. Do you have someone to look in on the Found Cats while you are gone?

katladyd
01-18-2011, 12:36 PM
Oh Gary, be careful! My boyfriend is diabetic and he has to be so careful about his feet. For Xmas, I gave him some socks made especially for diabetics. They are less likely to cut off circulation or cause abrasions, but they still fit well. He loves them! Like everyone else, I think you should ask for in-home care. Unless your doctor thinks it won't respond to antibiotics and home care, I would go with that. Take care my friend!:love:

catmandu
01-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Good news is that the infection looks better, and that I will not be an impatient patient:rolleyes:
I hated my previous stay in the hospital and will never go in again:rolleyes:

Freedom
01-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Gay, I am only just seeing this now. PLEASE follow doctor's orders!!!

And yes, always ask about in home care. The visiting nurse program is just for this sort of thing!

carole
01-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Oh dear Gary, please do take care, and DO follow doctors orders,this is indeed a matter to be treated seriously since you are a diabetic,don't mess around, if hospital is where you need to be, then please GO, and hopefully you will be in and out in no time and well again, take much care,thinking of you and HUGS.:love:

emily_the_spoiled
01-18-2011, 03:16 PM
Congratulations on the antibiotics working for you. Now just be careful with them

kaycountrygal
01-18-2011, 03:21 PM
Hope all goes well with your treatment and you dont end up in hospital. Kay in NC

moosmom
01-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Oh Gary,

Hang in there, buddy! You're in my thoughts and prayers.:love:

Laura's Babies
01-18-2011, 03:56 PM
That's good news! Remember to take them until the doctor says to stop!!! Then watch those feet close so you can catch any problem before it gets out of hand.

cassiesmom
01-18-2011, 04:01 PM
If I could I'd travel to the Found CAts Hotel to care for the kitties and their pawpie! :love:

lvpets2002
01-18-2011, 04:25 PM
:) Same here with me too.. Thats Great News Uncle Gary on the meds are working.. Now take it easy & get better real soon.. Keep us posted ok.. Sending Lots of Prayers & Huggss..

If I could I'd travel to the Found CAts Hotel to care for the kitties and their pawpie! :love:

Lilith Cherry
01-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Gary, as a fellow diabetic I can really sympathise with you but PLEASE do take care of yourself and anything that doesnt heal quickly see your doctor, You cannot take care of your cats if you do not take care of yourself first. I am so glad it is healing and remeber to finish all the antibiotics. Like everyone says , try and get a visiting nurse if you have problems like this - I know we have this service in Ontario as I have used it myself in the past. Loving thoughts for the fastest healing:)

phesina
01-18-2011, 06:26 PM
:) Same here with me too.. Thats Great News Uncle Gary on the meds are working.. Now take it easy & get better real soon.. Keep us posted ok.. Sending Lots of Prayers & Huggss..

Helene and Elyse, meet me here in Ann Arbor (it's on the way), and we'll ALL go take care of Uncle Gary and his cats!

3Catcondo
01-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Thank Goodness Gary no hospital stay for you now. Please take good care of yourself and keep us posted :love::)

momcat
01-18-2011, 07:52 PM
I'm sorry to hear this, Gary. I've been on insulin for many years and understand how diabetes impacts everything. Please know you are very much in my prayers.

Scooter's Mom
01-18-2011, 09:33 PM
As a very newly diagnosed diabetic, I just got lectured about taking care of my feet... and not going barefoot any longer. I hate shoes so this is a big adjustment for me.

Hope you are feeling better very soon!

krazyaboutkatz
01-19-2011, 12:33 AM
Gery, I hope that the antibiotics will help clear up your infection. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

Medusa
01-19-2011, 07:08 AM
Gary, I'm glad that the hospital stay is out now but I must concur w/everyone else...you've got to be especially careful of your feet. I know that you don't want to disrupt your cat's lives but you almost had to anyhow if you would've needed a hospital stay. You won't be able to take good care of your Found Cats if you don't take care of yourself. This is an example of what I mean when I say "People first". Please take care of yourself, Gary. :love:

columbine
01-19-2011, 08:48 AM
I'm just now seeing this - glad you're following your doctor's instructions and your infection is going away!

Some diabetic folks enjoy a nice warm (or cool, in the summer) nightly foot soak in baking soda water - it discourages infection, feels nice, and is really affordable.

Love,Columbine

catmandu
01-19-2011, 09:21 AM
The good thing is that the toe looks pink again, and the wound is receding. The nice thing is that when I go to these places that My Angels and Their Mates and Their Families are there to give me moral support:love::love::love:
I never feel alone:love::love::love:
And many thanks to everyone who has written to make Our Dad happy, as Happy People heal faster.:love::love:
Thank You from the Found and Porch Cat Angels Army.:love::love:

SinbadsMom
01-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Gary, that's great news that you won't have to be hospitalized! But please take very good care of yourself and be especially careful of your feet. Praying that the wound heals very quickly and this won't happen again.

Cindy

Anikaca77
01-19-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm so glad your foot is doing better.

I hope it continues to go well. Take care

astrid
01-20-2011, 11:34 AM
I never feel alone:love::love::love:

Dear Uncle Gary you are never alone!!! You are in every one of your PT friends' hearts!!
I'm so so so sorry I missed this thread, I thank God for loving you and for helping your foot getting beter so you won't be needing to go into a hospital.

I hope you keep getting better, please take good care of yourself.
Love and prayers for you:love::)

Kalei
01-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Yay that's very good news Gary!

I'm glad you didn't have to stay in the hospital, I work at a hospital...and they are not very fun to stay in, especially when you have to stay in the hall.

And of course your kitties will be very happy that you will still be home with them and they won't have to miss you :)

catmandu
01-20-2011, 03:06 PM
I know Astrid And Sophie and it is nice when I go to the Cafeteria at the Hospital that I have My Angels to help me select and enjoy my meals.:cool::cool:
We had a nice Smoked Meat Sandwhich Today with a Salad and a DeSani Water,
I know all many Pet Talker Angels join us at our table:love::love:

cassiesmom
01-20-2011, 03:47 PM
The good thing is that the toe looks pink again, and the wound is receding.
And many thanks to everyone who has written to make Our Dad happy, as Happy People heal faster.:love::love:
Thank You from the Found and Porch Cat Angels Army.:love::love:

Phew! That is such good news! I hope it continues to heal well. Take good care of yourself ... your kitties need you and PT needs you!

Helene and Elyse, meet me here in Ann Arbor (it's on the way), and we'll ALL go take care of Uncle Gary and his cats!

I need to get a passport card. After that I would be delighted to join you!

phesina
01-20-2011, 04:13 PM
I need to get a passport card. After that I would be delighted to join you!

I have an "enhanced" driver's license. I should be able to fly right across the border! (I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, though.)

cassiesmom
01-29-2011, 12:25 AM
I got a wound on my big toe, left foot and tried to take care of it myself so I would not disrupt My Cat's lives.
But it got infected and as I am diabetic I may have to stay in the Hospital for a few nights.
Please pray that I do not have to as they have a shortage of rooms. and I would have to stay in the hall.:(:(
I am taking antibiotics, does anyone know of a good herbal remedy :love::love:

Catmandu, how is your toe? Do you think it's healing? Take good care -- your cats need their dad!

I need to get a passport card.
It takes six to eight weeks for either a passport card or booklet. I didn't know this but you can't use a passport card if your cross borders by air, you must have the booklet. By the time I get that, Catmandu's toe will be completely healed :mad:.

Karen
01-29-2011, 12:35 AM
Catmandu, how is your toe? Do you think it's healing? Take good care -- your cats need their dad!

It takes six to eight weeks for either a passport card or booklet. I didn't know this but you can't use a passport card if your cross borders by air, you must have the booklet. By the time I get that, Catmandu's toe will be completely healed :mad:.

You can get it sooner if it's a rush, at least that used to be true. Call your statehouse and inquire ...

BarbPond
01-29-2011, 11:19 PM
If you are talking about going to Canada from the US then you dont need a passport to just visit. I forget how long you can visit without one though. I went to Canada and visited with Wayne for about a week before we married and he came here for a solid month without a passport.

If you want more details I can ask him when he gets home tonight.

Gary... Take care of yourself! :)