PDA

View Full Version : Kindle?

jenfer
01-17-2011, 04:28 PM
Does anyone has it? And do you like it? I am planning to get one, but want to see what others think. I like "traditional" book, but now my room is cluttered with so many books that a Kindle sounds great.

sparks19
01-17-2011, 04:40 PM
I got one for Christmas from my Mother in Law. I love it. I love that I can just download a book and have it instantly. Before I always ordered my books online so would have to wait and wait for them to get here lol.

it fits nicely in my hand and it's just a very nice little thing to have around :D

lvpets2002
01-17-2011, 04:45 PM
:) Hey I am very ole school.. Could you please tell me what it is?? thanks.. I am not up on the latest gagets..

dab_20
01-17-2011, 04:45 PM
My dad just bought a Kindle and my mom just bought a Nook. I love both of them. Although they are mostly the same, the Kindle is nice because it's very thin and a bit lighter. I think it's a great thing to have.

Freedom
01-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Well, a friend of mine has one and loves it!

I think it is a waste of money, though. I stopped buying books over 25 years ago. I am a regular at the library, every other Tuesday night, 5 to 7 books. Same schedule, 3 different cities, 5 different living arrangements, 3 different states.

Grace
01-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Some info, please. The Nook costs $249, the Kindle $139 - got those prices from Amazon and B&N websites. Does it then cost $$$ to download a book? How much?

Do these things run on batteries, or do they have to be charged?

My one true extravagance/passion is books. I like the smell and feel of them in my hands. I like to check out my bookcases, take one out and look at it. I do use the Library from time to time, but I want to read a book when I want, not when the Library tells me I can have it for 10 days.

sparks19
01-17-2011, 07:02 PM
yeah you buy the books like you would normally except it's an electronic version.

new release books are mostly around $13 but the price varies... you can even get free ones.

it gets charged. the battery lasts a long time though. I haven't had to charge mine yet.

I don't know what the difference is between the two that would make such a price difference but I'm very happy with my Kindle

Lilith Cherry
01-17-2011, 08:04 PM
I got a kindle as a gift this summer from my son, Adam. It goes everywhere with me and I love it. We share books from his kindle to mine and he buys far more than I do so that helps me a lot. It is great for travelling as it fits into my handbag and I can take a whole library with me at once! There are so many online libraries these days where books can be downloaded free that I never run out of something to read even when I'm snowed in or sick at home.

I am still addicted to bookshops and libraries though and my home is full of books but I would never give up my kindle!

Sirrahsim
01-18-2011, 01:32 AM
I love love love love my kindle!! I bought the $189 version because it has 3g coverage. The benefit of that is that I don't have to be within range of a wifi hot spot to download a book or get online. The other day my husband I were driving through the German countryside and I was able to get on and google something! It works wherever a cell phone would work.:D