PDA

View Full Version : Willy: January News

Freedom
01-17-2011, 04:18 PM
Willy has been quite busy since the first of the year.

- He discovered the kitchen trash, and kept knocking it over. Then he and the rest of the 15 here would have a grand old time. Coffee grounds seemed to get tracked through the entire house (so I know the cats were involved, since the dogs don't have access to some rooms) So I had to by a new small pail, reshuffle things and fit that in the under sink cabinet. Now, I've mentioned my Dad has dementia? He can't find the trash! :rolleyes:

- Willy discovered that he can jump into my bathtub. And on the far side is my soap. So now in addition to socks, he carries my bar of soap around. crazy He doesn't chew on it, just shows me, "I've got something, you can't have it, it's just right for me!" :p ha haaa. Lucky I have sliding doors, not a curtain. I've been able to stop this by keeping the doors closed. Of course, the cats insist on keeping them OPEN . . . .

- Willy learned he can jump up on Dad's bed and reach EVERYTHING Dad keeps on his night table. The other morning, Willy is running through the house with Dad's billfold. Papers and bills and ID cards are flying everywhere. Dad is running along behind him, hollering for ME to "get that dog!" This all started Tasha barking, and as you know, if one barks, they ALL bark. Barking dogs notify cats to run hide. So cats are dashing about here and there. Talk about the Keystone Kops! ;)

- I keep a "credit card" wallet in my handbag. All I keep in there are rewards cards; seems every restaurant and shop has one, now. One day I realized that was missing. Along with the tube of lip balm I kept in that slot too. Hmmm thinking I was thinking someone had snatched it, and was trying to figure out where / when. Joke on them, but really, I needed to be more cautious. Then one day, I'm taking the pups in the car to the farm for a walk, and I hear all this rustling. Get to the farm and . . . Willy had unzipped the front compartment of my bag, had all the bills out, goodness knows WHAT he was looking for! After we came home, I had to clean the back floor and reaching around under the seat, I found the missing card wallet and lip balm tube, as well. NOTHING is safe from this boy!

- Willy thinks it is great to jump up on the dining table and help himself from our plates -- while WE are sitting there eating! AFTER I have fed the dogs, this was. :eek:

Seems Willy is feeling quite comfortable here, he is getting IN to everything! I keep thinking, that's it, he can't possibly do anything else NEW; and he goes and shows me, SURE he can! :D

Also as of January, Willy has started in Agility classes. The first group of sessions, we introduce the dogs to all the equipment. So far, Willy has charged right ahead, and thinks it is great he gets treats for doing what he loves anyhow! The instructor keeps asking me if I have done any with him (NO!) and last class Willy was called a "show off" because he ran straight through the barrel and chute first time! :cool:

Still in all, we do Love this boy. Even though he is driving us mad, he is the Love in our Eyes At least once a day, as Willy is snoozing in Dad's lap, Dad will say, "And you expect him to give all this up and go live someplace else?"

So this evening when Dad said that, I replied, "No, I don't. He isn't going anywhere. Adoption was finalized today!" :love:

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/Siggy/SiggyWelcomeWilly.jpg

chocolatepuppy
01-17-2011, 04:21 PM
I never would have guessed.;)

Welcome to your furever home Willy!!!:love:

Grace
01-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Wonderful Willy has a furever home - http://bestsmileys.com/clapping/2.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/clapping/2.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/clapping/2.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/clapping/2.gif

pomtzu
01-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Congratulations Willy. See that - I knew all along that you wouldn't be going anywhere, in spite of what Mum Sandie kept insisting. And now my Darlin Marlin has a real brother that he call his very own forever. Happy-happy-joy-joy. :love:

Sandie - I'm just not one to say "I told you so" - but I told you so!
Tee-hee-hee-hee-hee........:p;):D

We're all so happy here in DE to learn of the happy events in RI. Woo-hoo! :D

Freedom
01-17-2011, 05:18 PM
I know, not such a big surprise, really!

I plan to wait about a week, and have my name removed from the foster volunteer list at the rescue. I just can NOT do this!

cassiesmom
01-17-2011, 05:21 PM
Wilfred-Edward, you are so funny! Soap and lip balm! I know you are smart and I'm happy that you completed your agility obstacle on the first try! You are a busy fellow. I wouldn't be able to resist your Love Eyes either. Happy Forever Home, sweet fluffy guy!

Scooter's Mom
01-17-2011, 05:24 PM
Congrats on wiggling your way into the hearts of Sandie and her dad!
Welcome to the family, Willy!

Taz_Zoee
01-17-2011, 05:28 PM
Oh my. Well I guess I am the only one that was surprised. I mean, I'm not surprised he is staying there. But reading through this I was surprised at how it ended. :D :D I jumped back, laughed and got tears in my eyes. Just as someone walked by my cube and said something to me. LOL
This is just wonderful news!
Here is the official Welcome Home Willy!!! :)

Husky_mom
01-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Congratulations Willy. See that - I knew all along that you wouldn't be going anywhere, in spite of what Mum Sandie kept insisting. And now my Darlin Marlin has a real brother that he call his very own forever. Happy-happy-joy-joy. :love:

Sandie - I'm just not one to say "I told you so" - but I told you so!
Tee-hee-hee-hee-hee........:p;):D

We're all so happy here in DE to learn of the happy events in RI. Woo-hoo! :D

hehehe.. same thoughts

guess it took mom a while to realize what we all knew ;)

yay Willy!!! time for siggy change:)

K9karen
01-17-2011, 07:54 PM
*Taps fingers on table*.
*Looks at wrist watch*
*Rolls Eyes* :rolleyes:
*Laments not making a bet*

Like, DUH!

How could we BEAR not to read about Willie antics?! :rolleyes:

THANK YOU SANDIE!!!!! Kisses to Dad! Dementia? Yeah right! What a smartie!

HUGE huggies and kisses to our newest member! WELCOME WILLIE, little white mischievous imp!!! :D:D:D:D Good job wheedling your way in!!!!!!

YAY!!!!

:love::love::love::love:

Bonny
01-17-2011, 08:09 PM
Congratulations Willy & Freedom :love: Willy sounds like a hoot & be sure to let us in on more of his great adventures. :D

Freedom
01-17-2011, 08:10 PM
Ha ha, Oh Karen, you are so funny, thanks for the chuckle!

Isabel, I know, you've been routing for him to stay from Day 1. I am not looking forward to changing the siggy, it is so FULL!

Cindy, sorry you got teary at work. ;)

Thank you Crystal and Elyse, I must be nuts keeping this crazy boy, but who else could put up with him?! :D

Taz_Zoee
01-17-2011, 08:12 PM
They were happy tears, so it's all good! :D

Freedom
01-17-2011, 08:13 PM
OKAY! :cool:

Lilith Cherry
01-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Well done Willy! Ben and I are so happy to hear the news:D Bless you Sandie!

Freedom
01-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Thank you Ben and Mom!

Alysser
01-17-2011, 09:22 PM
He and Mikey just have the be the same dog! Mikey does all those things, well pretty much! Brothers, maybe? :p

I love this story, how funny! I was laughing the whole time. Welcome home, Willy!

I remember when it was just gonna be "one" dog. ;)

Roxyluvsme13
01-17-2011, 09:51 PM
I'm so happy to hear you're adding Willy to the family. I knew it was going to happen ;).

Welcome to the family, Willy and here's to many years of stealing wallets and lip balms! :p

Freedom
01-18-2011, 06:49 AM
Thank you both!

I remember when it was just gonna be "one" dog.

He he hee, and all this in just FOUR YEARS~!
Yup, Sugar was th fist, she arrived Dec 2006.

Husky_mom
01-18-2011, 08:57 AM
I knew it was going to happen ;).

I think we all think it was just a matter of when ;)

yay!! for Willy and Mr. Dad!! :D

kaycountrygal
01-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Congrats on adopting Willy. Is this right?... You foster dogs and then you love them and then you can't give them up? Is that right? I dont think I could be a foster mom to dogs or cats because I KNOW I would get attached. Good Luck with your large family! Kay in NC

Freedom
01-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Congrats on adopting Willy. Is this right?... You foster dogs and then you love them and then you can't give them up? Is that right? I dont think I could be a foster mom to dogs or cats because I KNOW I would get attached. Good Luck with your large family! Kay in NC

LOL got it in one, Kay!

First I did feral cat rescue. We return adults to the colony after they are fixed. Kittens we are to tame up and adopt out. I kept all but one, Mandy's brother. :( That was early in the process and once I saw what it did to her, I refused to separate siblings ever again. Anyway, I kept: Chaplin, Bobby, Tommy and Tuppence (siblings) and Mandy ended up back here.

Then I tried the bichons. My first fosters, Buddy and Cassie, thought cats were edible, so they moved on to another foster home within 50 hours. Other than that, kept each and every one: Marlin, RB Ozzy, Tasha and now Willy.

Hence, I am NOT going to foster for anyone anymore. It is abundantly clear I can NOT foster!

krazyaboutkatz
01-24-2011, 11:23 AM
I some how missed this thread.:o Congrats!!!:D I know that I wouldn't be able to foster any animals either because I'd also want to keep them all.:)

Freedom
01-24-2011, 03:29 PM
Willy sends his thanks - woofs and wags!

lizbud
01-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Congrats on your official adoption Willy.:love: How could anyone not
fall for your sweet face.:)

ps. I love your new sig picture.:)

Freedom
01-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Woof! :d

cassiesmom
02-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Hi, Willy! How are things at your house? How are all your Bichon and kitty siblings? Are you spending a lot of time with granddad this winter? How are the agility classes going? I hope you aren't getting up on the dinner table anymore; that's probably not something that's going to put you in mum's good graces. Soon it will be spring and the weather will be nicer for walkies again. Could you please have your people give you some petting for me-- some for Lacey, Sugar, Marlin and Tasha, too please.

Your fan,
Elyse

Freedom
02-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Hi Auntie Elyse!

Mum took us to da FARM for walkies today!! We had SO much fun running in the snow covered field. We haven't been there since mid December what with snow and cold, so this was a nice treat.

I sit with anyone who has a lap, laps are meant for ME to sit in! :love: PaPa says I keep him warm, somefink about me being da biggest.

Tonight is da last class for Agility 1. Two weeks ago, I gotz told I could move up to Agility 2 next! Dat class had lots of cancellations cuz we kept having da snow storms on Tuesday nights, so dey iz running over an extra few weeks for make up sessions. I has to wait a whole 3 weeks afore I get to class agin. :(

Tonight I will be introduced to weave poles. I already do da A frame, and it's been going up higher and higher, I think tonight it will be at the competition height. Oh and last week we did da short 10 foot tunnel. It started out straight, and 25 minutes later it was in a tight "C" shape. I run right through it! But that last adjustment, I couldn't see and I turned around and came out the entry, ha haa. Dat was the only one, and when Mum told me I HAD to go through to get my hot dog, I turned and went back in and went right around and OUT! YUM I will do ANYTHING for hot dog! All da other dogs in class stopped earlier as the curve got tighter and tighter, I was the ONLY ONE who made it to the final shape. Next I gotz to practice on a 15 foot and then the competition 20 foot. But that is all in Agility 2.

I goes up on da table SO QUICK and it is easy for me but yeah it gets da pawrent angry. He heee, I wuf to tease her!

And I likes your petting, not sure I wants to share dem wiff da sibs, but if you insist.

Woofs and Wags,
Willy

K9karen
02-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Iz luvs ur uppidate. Iz very imprezed wif ur agilties. Iz can run sircles too..when Iz go out to peez or poopies, Iz can sircles 37 times b4 I stops!! :D:D My mummy yells "GO ALREADY!" Goez where?

Anyhoos..Iz luvs you guys (an girz) Ur storys alwayz make me feel gud and laff!!!!

:love::love:
Mz Logan

cassiesmom
02-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Wow, Willy! A tight 10' C-shaped curve and you nailed it, and earned a hot dog! You go, Willy! We are sending you a thumbs-up (from me) and a paw-up (from Cassie cat)!

Hey, I didn't know your mum had a Cassie dog! That makes three other pets I know with that name. Two are dogs and one is a horse.

Freedom
02-10-2011, 10:30 PM
Wow, Willy! A tight 10' C-shaped curve and you nailed it, and earned a hot dog! You go, Willy! We are sending you a thumbs-up (from me) and a paw-up (from Cassie cat)!

Hey, I didn't know your mum had a Cassie dog! That makes three other pets I know with that name. Two are dogs and one is a horse.

Well, itz a PIECE of a hot dog, not a whole one (I WISH!). Durn trainer, keeps telling my MUM dat doz hot dogs can be cut in 88 pieces! Fank goodness she can only make it to 62.

Don't unnerstand dat second part at all. WHO had a Cassie dog? Where's it say that?

Mz Logan, we could dance in circles together sometime!

Willy boy

K9karen
02-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Mz Logan, we could dance in circles together sometime!

Willy boy

Yeth! itz a datie! My mummy tinks ur mummy and her wud have a bwast togeder! U guyz gonna blows sumding up? :eek:

:love: Mz logan

Freedom
02-12-2011, 08:41 PM
;)

cassiesmom
03-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Dear Willy --- may I please have a February update? How are the agility classes going? I bet you are doing a great job and earning lots of hot dog snacks :)

K9karen
03-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Hey! Yeah, right! Waiting for MARCH antics! I know it's only March 2, but that's ample time to pee on...oops, sorry...ample time to get down to business!! :love::love:;)

Freedom
03-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Willy here, Mum said you need to go look at this next:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=2338660&posted=1#post2338660